Phil & Teds Poppy

Phil & Teds Poppy

See the Best High Chairs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brianna

BriannaGippsland, VIC

Love it

Lovely high chair, easy to pull apart and clean, light when moving around, I love that it can convert into a little chair when kids are older and aren’t using a high chair anymore

Purchased in April 2018 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us.

Safety

Do not buy this high chair

The liner/cover for the high chair has come off on one side after only one month of use with a small 6 month old baby. The liner/cover is very difficult to clean as it is roughened enough for the food to stick in and not come out. The straps are flimsy and hard to work and clean. There are many other more affordable and better options.

Purchased in December 2018 for $150.00.

Robby

RobbyChatswood

Definitely better and cheaper highchairs

Pro's- looks good, comfy for baby to sit in, the tray is really easy to clean.
Cons- legs are major trip hazard, Hard to clean- the seat material has little pattern mean food gets stuck and in the front section there is a hole for food to fall in and never be seen again unless you pull it apart and hose it down outside which you unfortunately have to do regularly. Straps are useless and get in the way and hard to clean, so we don't use them.

Some of these would be so easy to fix if Phil and Ted's made a fabric/plastic washable seat cover for it that covered the hole. But alas i have only seen my friend make one herself- none to be purchased.

Definitely should have listened to others advice and just bought the cheap IKEA chair...

Bpk

BpkMelbourne

Do not buy this product

Tim

TimWellington

Mostly good, but safety issue and tray could be better

Lauren

LaurenCanberra

wish I hadn't wasted my money

So I got this chair because it looked easy to clean and had a nice look to it...... boy was I wrong.

Where do I start!
.The straps never stay on my babies shoulders
.the chair has a pattern through the foam meaning if you don't wipe it straight away everything sticks to it
. Straps are a nightmare to remove and clean.
Baby's arms can get trapped between the chair and tray when putting the tray on
. Legs are a tripping hazard
.food gets caught in the gap for the tray/leg strap

Seriously save yourself some dollars and get the $30 high chair from IKEA, It is 100 times better than this high chair if you want somethig user friendly and easy to clean.

PZapp

PZappGold Coast

Good product but it could be better

We have two of these for our twins. Not the best high chair to start introducing solids but, it is easy to clean on the spot and its design is simple. Its legs are a tripping hazard though. If you really want to get it clean, removing its cover and straps can a be a pain. Other than that, is a high chair that would last as it can be use as a chair later on.

Not safe

Even with the straps firmly fastened, my 16 month old can slip off the shoulder straps and stand up in the chair! It would be safer if the shoulder straps were located above the shoulders. Very disappointing considering the price. Straps aren't easy to clean either. I would not recommend this chair.

HardWorkingMum

Great chair with some flaws

Basia

BasiaMelbourne

Great high chair

This is a very good high chair. I like the design (we have the green one), I think it's quite elegant in its simplicity. It is really easy to clean.
The only con I can think of are the legs - they are really wide. If your space is not huge, you may end up tripping over it.

Lois

LoisPerth

stylish but flawed

I would not buy this seat again or recommend it to a friend!

Diana

Diana

Terrible - I got rid of it and bought a $30 Ikea one instead!

MumShopper

MumShopperSydney

Good HOWEVER...

Victoria

Victoriamelbourne

Practical and beautiful!

practicality is very important to us so I love that this high chair converts to a normal chair and the material of the chair is easy to clean as is the tray. Initially I could not remove the tray with one hand but have now gotten the hang of it. Baby is now 1yo and I can easily get her in and out without having to remove the tray table.

Love it!

after much searching to find a chair that suited my daughters needs, our space, budget and style I stumbled upon the poppy high chair.

I have had the poppy for a while now and my daughter and I absolutely love it.

its stylish, functional and budget friendly. easy to clean and use and unlike alot of other chairs, its able to grow with my Daughter by converting into the my chair.

the tray is a great large size as my daughter loves to moosh and swoosh food around the tray, it cleans very easy, just a wipe down with a cloth or pop it in the dish washer.

the legs are easily removed and fit nicely into the seat for storage in my kitchen cupboard.

very happy with my purchase.

skitten

skittenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stylish high chair, not easy to clean

Beautiful look but terrible design

Michelle

MichelleMelbourne

Not that great

I found that for a young baby this was no good as it would position bub too far forward. No recline. My friends 1 year old sat in it and he looked like a giant in it. I don't think it would last very long. The back could also be a be higher for better back support. legs are wide and yep I also tripped in them. I ended up taking it back

ReneeNewcastle, NSW

Great!

Susie

Susieasked

Could I thread the straps through the back of the high chair and through the hole of the seat?

HardWorkingMum

The straps are anchored to the base of the seat. You could possibly thread the strap between the base of the seat and the cover (the coloured part) and through the handle at the top of the backrest. I don't have my straps available to check if they are long enough.

Becpreston8

Becpreston8asked

I thought the chair had a five point harness, but when I put it together it didn't have any shoulder straps, just the three point harness for baby's thighs. Is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks.

Jessie
Jessie

Hi, it comes with an extra 2 long removable straps (seperate to the 3 point harness) which you clip to the 3 point harness where the harness connects to the chair, these straps X over the babies back and clip into the black plastic D ring on the buckle of the 3 point harness at the front. if you didnt receive these straps with the chair it might be worth contacting the store you purchased it through or phil and teds directly.

-Jessie

Marissajane

Marissajaneasked

is this chair big enough for child to rest head on? Is foot rest sturdy enough?

Renee

Hi! My daughter was too tall by the time I started using this chair for her to rest her head on it. However I don't know that it would be terribly suitable for that purpose anyway. It doesn't recline like a traditional chair so is purely made for kids that can hold their own heads and for the business of sitting up and eating.
As far as the foot rest goes I actually don't use it. She's never in it long enough to be bothered with it and I just didn't feel the need for it personally. I sat it in the draw thinking I might attach it one day but many months later of using the chair I haven't felt the need :)

Get an answer from our members and Phil & Teds representatives