Philips

One star is too much

When I never received information from authorised Philips repairer about my coffee machine under warranty which they had for 2 weeks I rang Philips not once but twice and emailed them twice as well never receiving a reply. Got machine back after 6 weeks and still does it. Repairer must have just descaled it.
Rang Philips again but after a week no reply

Hi Joylene. Thanks for sharing this with us. We're sorry to hear about the experience you've had with getting your product serviced. It's imaginable that this must have been quite frustrating, and we'd like to see how we can help. Could you reach out to us on Twitter (@PhilipsCare)? This way we can look into this for you. Thanks in advance! Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamI am not on Twitter and I have emailed and called your customer service number several times so think I have reached out enough. They have my email and phone numbers

Good Products

Have used many products from Philips and every time I find it worth the money I spent. Can't comment on warranty as never needed it. Altogether good products and will recommend it.

Hi Stuart, Thank you for the kind words - we're happy to hear you've been satisfied with our products and find them worth the money! We hope we're able to meet your expectations for years to come, and if you ever have any questions we'll be here to help. Thank you again! Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Warranty not worth anything

This review isn't really for the product because after receiving it from Shaver Shop the product information in the box said it wasn't suitable for me to use. So I tried the following: returning the product to Shaver shop in store, contacting Shaver shop online, contacting Philips via their customer support phone number. Both parties say I should be able to get a full refund but neither are willing to process this refund and are saying that it's the other company's job. Currently Philips say they are "investigating" this with Shaver shop and will not confirm what comes next. Since this product is very expensive, I would not recommend purchasing it unless several hundred dollars is spare change to you. This also makes me mad because I'm sure that this leads to faulty or unwanted items in landfill because repairs and returns are far too much hassle.

Hi there, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're very sorry to hear about this experience with our customer support; this is surely not the level of service we'd like to provide the consumers of our products with. Your frustration is understandable, but we'd like to see how we can help. Could you perhaps share your email and phone number in a private message? We'd like to investigate this further, and see what could be done about this. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamYou have my email because you emailed me the same day as posting this to reiterate the same thing I was told on the phone. After half an hour on the phone to customer service, my issue has been forwarded to customer service. No written guarantee of a return being allowed despite verbal agreement on the phone. No time frame to expect a response. No indication of whether Philips were going to sort it or flick the issue back to Shaver shop. My point is this shouldn't even be an issue, because your website and the shaver shop website say that I should be able to return this product.Hi there, thank you for getting back to us. It's regrettable to hear that you're still waiting for a response regarding the return of your product. We're afraid that we don't have access to the same details as the colleagues you've been in contact with via phone and email. Do you perhaps have a reference number of your previous contact? In case you do, please share it here, so we can have a look at your file and we can see how we can be of assistance. If you haven't received a reference number, then please share your email address via private message, so we can use that to find your file in our system. We're hoping to hear from you again. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Don't try their cash back offers

I bought an Airfryer with Cash Back offer. I submitted online form for cash back but haven't receive the cash back. When I ring them they said the offer valid for certain period but I completed online form before that period. I can't imagine why such a large company can't offer $50 cash back for their entitled customers. So disappointing.

Hello Chamika, Thanks for sharing your review here. We're sorry to hear that you've had issues with the registration for the cashback promotion though. Please feel free to reach out to our team via our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) or via telephone: 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ) if there is anything we can do for you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi team, I contacted several different teams through Philips. I don’t want to call anyone anymore for just $50. However I never ever trust or recommend Philips Cash Back to anyone.Hi Chamika, thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry to hear that the teams you've been in contact with could not provide you with the service you were hoping for when it comes to the cashback. If you have any other questions, now or in the future, then please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via one of the channels mentioned above. We're always happy to see how we can be of assistance. Enjoy your week (and your Airfryer, of course)! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Cashback is a joke.

I purchased an Phillips Air-Fryer from Harvey Norman in December 2018. It had a cashback offer. I was required to register my product with Philips online and then register for the cashback. Which I did within a few days of my purchase. When I registered for the cashback, I received an email telling me that the Visa would be sent but would take time and to be patient. I didn't receive my cashback Visa by mid March 2019 so contacted them. Philips told me they can't find my claim and that I was now too late unless I could prove my claim. Sadly I had deleted the email, trusting Philips. I asked them to check the date I registered my product. I'm still waiting for them to decide if they will honor my claim.

28 March, I got this email:

"We have recently had approval to pay your Christmas cash back Claim via EFT. In order to do this we do require the below information before we can complete your claim.
Account Name:
BSB number:
Account Number: "

I replied sending my details. I believe this says they are paying the cashback.

Yesterday they emailed me telling me that I'd misunderstood, and that they we still escalating my claim and have NOT agreed to pay at this time!!!

Not sure what I missed when the wrote "we have recently had approval to pay..."!!!

I will never purchase another Philips product and urge everyone else to think twice before you do!

Do not trust any cashback promotion. I note that this is a similar review as to that posted by another disappointed cashback customer.

Hi there, Rae. Thanks for contacting us about this and for bringing this to our attention. We can imagine this situation costs a lot of energy and that you would like to have it resolved by now. Would you mind sharing your contact details (email address and phone number) with us in a private message? Our colleagues of the promotion team indicated that they would like to look into this for you. Thanks in advance! Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Productreview helped me to get the cashback

I purchased the Airfryer on December 18 and submitted the cashback claim right away. I provided all the information that was needed at the time. Three months later when nothing happened, I contacted the customer service asking about the progress and was told that I was contacted via email (which I didn't) and now the cashback offer is closed!!

After I submitted this the above-mentioned review, Philips contacted me again and decided to reconsider my request. The cashback was paid a couple of days after that.

Thanks to Product Review website!!

Hi Alan, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry to hear that you have not been able to claim your cashback despite providing the information necessary, and we'd certainly like to investigate that for you. Could you let us know if you've already given our colleagues at (02) 9912 4490 a call? Alternatively, you're also welcome to contact us on Facebook on Twitter (@PhilipsCare) with your contact details, and we'll make sure to look into this for you. We hope to have this resolved for you as soon as possible. Thank you in advance! Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Phillips Customer Service -cashback offers

I purchased an Phillips Airpurifyer from Harvey Norman Mount Barker SA on a cashback offer is a deceptive practice used by phillips to lure consumers to buy their products i am still waiting for a visa card phillips call a cashback and Harvey Norman highly promote it BEWARE its not a cashback and it takes months of unhappy emails between phillips harvey norman to get what was promised AUSTRALIANS should stand against this deceptive conduct.

Hi Shane, Thank you for letting us know about this. We're sorry to hear that your experience has been far from ideal up to now - that's certainly not what we expect, and we can understand how having to wait for that amount of time could be frustrating. Could we ask you to give our colleagues a call on the following number: 02 9912 4490? They would then look into this and do their best to help. You're also welcome to contact us on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) if you have any further questions. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

I love this iron but Philips the company need an overhaul.

I bought this iron from Appliances Online, wonderful service and delivery was perfect.
I love my GC9681/80, it was an upgrade from my previous perfectcare entry level Philips iron I bought 6 yrs ago.
However...
My issue started when I went to the Philips website to register the product, their website wouldn't load and the site kept shutting me out. I couldn't log on or register my product, finally after a few hours of trying it finally allowed me to register my iron and I started on the Cashback that they had on offer as a Christmas promotion.
The Cashback offer process has been utterly ridiculous, I don't know who they are employing to run this promotion but I hope it's not Philips themselves as the emails/phone calls have been contradictory. Eg Yesterday I had asked for the Cashback dept to call me... on the phone I was told it's in the process and would be approved, they have all the information they need for a successful claim and that I should wait for an email.
Yesterday afternoon at 14:57 I had an email stating that it's just in the process and they have all the information, then at 3:24pm I received another email stating that my cashback claim was 'invalid'.
Please Philips sort out your technical issues, this cashback offer should have been a seamless, painless process, but it has been frustrating and annoying.
I have had to call four times now to only have an answering machine so that hopefully someone will call me back. I am once again waiting to hear back from the company just now, but my phone is not ringing. *crickets*
I am also trying to contact them through the Consumer Care Chat Assistance which has had me on waiting time for 253seconds for the past 10 minutes and my position in the queue is and has been 1. What is going on with your company, can they be trusted?
Finally I got through to an online person but they were not able to help me with the cashback promotions, she even tried to call them herself and couldn't get through.
Philips are letting us, their customers, down by not staffing appropriately and having good after sales service.
I have been very disappointed by this process and I hope no one else has to go through this many emails/phone calls to receive the small amount cashback off the overall purchase price.
*update* I finally got through to the cashback promotions people and they were lovely but she also commented the process is flawed. It will be another 4 weeks from now till they will process my claim, and then it will be received as a visa credit card.
Communication has been very poor and this cashback offer has affected the way I think of Philips as a company.
I hope they can rectify these communication issues and have a seamless straightforward way of offering their customers incentives to buy their products in the future.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
I didn't publish this review until Philips had the chance to see it and comment on it. Hoping the comments can be published with it as it also provides helpful info for customers on what to expect from the Cash Back Scheme. The process took me three times to have the cashback validated by them. I simply kept sending the same information that I had originally supplied, maybe this review has sped up the process? If you are a customer and waiting on the cash back to be validated, please keep sending in your information and don't get discouraged by their 'invalid' emails that they send. Cash Back seems to take around 2 months at the moment to be processed and sent. Hope this helps others to make an informed decision.Philips PerfectCare Elite Plus Official Nov 29 - 21:36 AEDT Hi there, First of all, sorry to hear about the struggles you've experienced with the cash back promotion. Our apologies! We can imagine this is very inconvenient. But we're glad to hear a resolution is on its way, even though it still takes quite a while. We would like to thank you for reaching out here, and taking the time to describe your experience here. Your feedback is of high importance to us, as this is the most valuable tool for us to improve our services. So, many thanks again. Feel free to contact us here, or on social media if we can assist you in any way. Take care, and all the best! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team Reply - Jazzyg1234 Jazzyg1234 15:45 AEDT I have just received an email again from Philips, this time they have sorted out whatever was the problem the first two times I sent the same information through to them and they have finally approved my cashback. Third time's the charm it seems. If you are a customer in the same situation, can I encourage you not to give up and to call or email or both to get what is yours through their Cash Back scheme. I would hope that no one else would have to submit the same information three times for it to be approved, especially leading up to Christmas or even worse, if you've given the product to a loved one as a gift and then they have to go through the same process that I've had to endure. Hopefully Philips will make some changes to their system and make this process much easier for future customers. Good luck.Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write down your experiences. We regret hearing that is was such a hassle to arrange the cashback. That must have been disappointing, we understand that. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you've experienced with our after service. Thank you for approaching us through private message as well. We're glad the issue has been resolved by now, as you stated there. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team