SCF156/01, SCF156/00, SCF153/01, SCF153/03
Listing monitored by Philips Avent

Lauren
LaurenNairne

Get the Medela, don't waste your money.

Thin silicone? No. It's twice the thickness of the Medela and so much more bulky. It falls off due to the shape if the flange, unlike the Medela which stays put. Honestly if I had tried these first I would have thought all nipple shields were awful. But no. It's just the Avent ones. Get the Medela ones, most people are medium. Don't waste your money on this pathetic attempt of a product.

Sarah quinn
Sarah quinnSouth Australia, 5169

Life saver when in pain

I used these shields on and off for the first weeks of breast feeding as we all go through cracked nipples and tenderness they were great but just a tad slippery once the milk flow gets going i found my daughter would latch and she would suck them right off

Karolina
KarolinaAU

Success

Breast Pads & Products

Find out how Philips Avent Nipple Protectors compares to other Breast Pads & Products

ingam60
ingam60Perth, WA

You get what you pay for

These drive me crazy with falling off & make breast feeding stressful (but i need to use them due to flat nipples)... Worth spending more on other brands which stay on a lot better (but still aren't great). Seems they lose their suction within a few uses.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Ingam. Thanks for your review and feedback on the nipple protectors. Sorry you feel this way about the product :( . If you ever feel like discussing the topic some more, please find us 24/7 on Facebook or Twitter.

Pippa P
Pippa PMelbourne

Saved my nipples and breastfeeding hopes!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Pippa. Nice to hear that you're happy with the product. Thanks for the feedback :) .

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
louisemelbourne

Genius now pain free would highly recommend it

Bubs and I had thrush my nipples got so cracked I nearly gave up feeding. I persisted for 9 wks before i was given this shield by my mchn I used to cry when he latched on now I am pain free and feeding is more comfortable. My don easily latched on with it on
Comfortable small easy storage
Easily lost due to clear colour

TruckerChick
TruckerChickBrisbane QLD

Absolutely genius invention

I am a first time mum and within a couple days of bub learning to feed my nipple become cracked and made feeding him unbearable. Using the shield allowed me to continue breast feeding pain free while my nipple also had the chance to heal while using them. They would stay in place, not leak and not slide off. I still cringed when he would first latch but it was for no reason as there was zero pain anymore and within a week of using the shield I was able to breast feed again without them.
Painfree, stayed in place, inexpensive, able to continue breast feeding, allowed nipple to heal within days.
Need to be a little persistent getting bub to latch on as they r a different size and texture to the nipple.

PhilipsPhilips Avent

Thank you for your feedback TruckerChick,
We are so glad that the Philips AVENT Nipple Protectors helped you overcome an incredibly painful feeding experience and that they enabled you to continue breastfeeding your newborn baby.
Wonderful news!

Elandem
ElandemMelbourne

Worked perfectly for me!!

Chello
ChelloBRISBANE

Life Saver!

My 2 month old boy would constantly cry if I tried to Breast feed and would only take breast milk if I expressed and bottle fed. This upset me, so I decided to try nipple shields, as they may feel similar to the bottles teets. He took to them straight away, and it felt as if he was breast feeding like normal. He didn't cry at all! I suppose if u were looking for a nipple shield to be exactly like a nipple these aren't it, but nothing will ever be exactly like a nipple. They worked for me because it was bigger then a nipple and he could attach easier. They saved me!!
Cheap, flexible where it needs to be, works
If you have a big let down the nipple area can fill up with milk and therefore can get messy

Elliemore
ElliemoreAU

Best nipple sheild!

I had to use these for the two months that I breastfed. My sins latch was fine but he hated breatsfeeding!
I tried all other brands but the holes in others were too small and my son hates that he couldn't get milk out fast enough.
These things were a life saver for me!!
Fast flow, gave this mummy heaps of relief
It fell off easily if my son wasn't feeding straight away.

Mel. E
Mel. EAU

Too rigid & doesn't stick to skin

heytherek
heytherek

Good

These nipple protectors are a handy little product to have around if you are having any issues breastfeeding baby. They are very portable and come in a good container. Quite cost effective as they do last a while. But can be a bit fiddly and are easily lost.
Easy to find this product in chemists and department stores selling baby products. They last for a while if you look after them. Not too expensive, usually sold in double packs. Very easy to use once you work them out.
Sometimes it is very easy to lose them and you can be forever looking for that nipple protector.

Arira
Arira

Bad

amanda_01
amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

As another reviewer posted, there can be issues with saliva/milk getting in behind the shield and affect the seal, causing them to slip, but I found just removing them and giving my breast and the back of the shield a quick wipe was easy and made them stick again. Because of the good amount of contact you get between baby and breast, they're less likely to affect your milk supply than some other brands that have the shield covering the entire nipple area. Using these shields my daughter and I had our attachment issues sorted out within a week, and no cracked or sore nipples!
Easy to use, soft, mouldable silicon, easy to find and relatively cheap, good contact between babies chin and your breast
can get a little leaky

happyspotty81
happyspotty81

Good

they were great to use, when I first started breast feeding & I was very sore with cracked nipples, these protectors helped me & my baby heaps. Main problem was milk would get behind the shield then it would fall off. After giving it a quick wash, it would go on again fine. These shields were a life saver. I would recommend these to other new mums if you have some nipple pain. if it mean you can continue to breast feed it all worth it.
very comfortable to wear
like others have mention, milk builds up behind them & then they fall off.

Read more reviews - page 2