Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20

3.9

• Product is used
  • Safety

Joseph EllisCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Appalling after sales service.

It’s a flimsy iron and when it broke I sent it in May to be repaired. Got in back in July and now it leaks ! I am frustrated with the service. I contacted the service team on the phone, mail and social media. Received standard responses. The apologies sound fake and scripted. It cost me about $ 160 to purchase frustration. I am done with this company. I got my self a $49 steam iron and it seems to do the job far beyond my expectations.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for A$150.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Synthetics and Wool

PaulThe Mallee, VIC

A Major Recognized Fault NOT Being Dealt with by Philips!!!

Purchased in April 2020 at eBay for A$150.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

fabulous when it works

I have now had 2 of these irons. The first one was replaced after a couple of months as the IQ feature didn't work-it would only reset after I turned it on and off at the wall. The replacement iron (with very little use-only 3-4 times/month for a few garments) has just over the last few uses started doing the same thing. I will be taking it back tomorrow to get a different brand.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$179.00.

Product is used Occasionally
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Darrellv

DarrellvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Iron, works well, lots of steam power

A really great iron, lots of steam and the auto feature works well. I can see how some people say it's a little heavy but I think that is actually a positive in my eyes. Great Iron!

Purchased at Costco for A$169.99.

JoLei

JoLeiSydney, NSW

The best iron I have had!

Perfect iron! Very smooth to iron with. It just slides on the clothes. A lot of steam to remove creases, which I love. Very easy to use.
Definitely worth the money.

Purchased in May 2020 at Myer Online Store for A$150.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Silk, Synthetics and Wool

Didn't last the distance

I purchased this iron 7mo ago (see review further down this page) and it seems I was a bit quick to write off the negative reviews on this iron. Brand new out of the box, it worked perfectly. Today, only 7mo after purchase, it kicked the bucket... heating element stopped doing its thing, IQ feature failed, steam release doesn't work, iron leaked its entire contents over my ironing board. Soooo not happy considering the $170 price tag.
Philips has been good so far with trying to address my complaint and I am hoping for a resolution in my favour but I still question the quality of such an expensive iron and why I would need to even consider a replacement / repair after paying so much $$$

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer for A$170.00.

Rubi

RubiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Steam Iron ..

I use to separate my ironing according to the types of fabrics.. I was a bit sceptical that it will do the job and I was blown away how smooth this iron. Its glide smoothly and makes the ironing so easy. Whoever created this amazing product deserve - you made my life and I can say I love (I dont like doing ironing) ironing now. Its expensive though but I think its worth it.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Synthetics and Wool
Ash

AshSydney, NSW

Best Smart Steam Iron for domestic use

Purchased in November 2019 at Bing Lee for A$129.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Silk and Synthetics

MelPERTH

Has changed my life

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer Online Store for A$169.15.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics
Mel

Am I supposed to register this product for warranty purposes? Not sure how long the warranty is

Benny123

Benny123Perth, WA

Good iron!

This product is great! You can iron different materials without having to change the heat settings! Steam produced is great - Easy to remove wrinkles. I no longer need to spray additional water onto clothing when I iron. I do find that it takes a longer time to heat up when compared to my previous iron though.

Purchased in March 2019 at Myer.

Happy K

Happy KPerth, WA

Best iron purchased so far!

I like the technology built onto this iron - it allows you to iron different materials without having to change the heat settings. No more burn marks on clothing! It does take longer time to heat up when you turn it on though. Had issues with the heating element of the first purchase but was given a replacement by Myer. No problems since.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer.

Mumsquad3

Mumsquad3South East Queensland, QLD

Makes ironing easy!

I am happy I upgraded my iron to this one. It was different and hard to adjust to in the beginning, it only has limited functions and settings, however I am so pleased with how it works. You cannot burn clothing and it will always adjust its temperature accordingly, relatively quickly too. It does make a ticking noise when you iron but that doesn’t bother me. It’s heavy and does a fantastic job. Like any iron, I think you need to get used to it before deciding if it works for you or not. If you want a professional finish on your clothes with minimal fuss then I would recommend this iron.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$138.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Silk, Synthetics and Wool

Our Phillips Azure Iron

Turns on and off blue light blinks
Slowly turn back on.andblinks fast when Reset.also leaks.it has been an excellent
Iron any idea.also goes off when standing still for 5mins a u ideas please

Purchased in May 2015 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$140.00.

John Wright
John Wright

Thañks

Mid C

Mid CHobart, TAS

Minimal settings makes ironing a lot simpler

Our last iron used to always leave white calc stuff on clothes, especially shirts. The Philips doesn't seem to have this issue, maybe it's the catchment feature it uses. The iron puts out plenty of steam and has worked well for stiffer pants that were normally quite tedious to iron. It does a good job on delicate shirts and doesn't spit out water with the steam like some other irons (which used to drive me crazy). Little bit heavy, but it feels well built and means you don't need to apply much extra force.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Online Store for A$159.20.

Clothing Material Cotton and Denim

Oscar

OscarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy it

Heavy, too big, electronic technology fails as you need to bypass it and use MAX only to iron effectively, open/clean scale collector is Philip's sol'n to Philip's problem - irons I've ever used NEVER had this problem, forget to clean it & scale covers clothes...
Just bought Braun Textstyle 7 Pro.. :)

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hifi Home for A$159.00.

Olive

OliveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A perfect Iron

Its a very good iron. No complaints so far. Temperature adjustment is so good.

Requires less steam and is really efficient. I would recommend using it. A perfect for a small family.

Purchased in May 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for A$180.00.

quackaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Takes 4 times longer and go through lots of water

My low cost Breville SS2010 manual iron died from 2010 on the weekend. Thought I will do the right thing and buy a good quality iron for my wife to shorten the time she needs to iron my shirt and pants.

This iron definitely produce more steam then the Breville. On max setting we nearly have to top the water up after every shirt as it takes 4 times longer to iron then our old iron. It doesn't glide as much as we would like and being heavier, it doesn't help. The creases takes multiple runs over and pressing down on the iron before it is removed. The wife said its not hot enough which I understand but I would of thought the steam would do a better job to remove the crease then the hot iron.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$169.00.

Pamela HarrisO'Connor 2602, ACT

A question

This iron does a good job but I am disturbed by he fact that mine noticeably
vibrates with a sort of ticking noise when I iron. Does this happen to other users?
Should I take it back to the dealer?

Purchased in January 2019.

Clothing Material Cotton, Silk, Synthetics and Wool
Pamela Harris

I have asked a question but noone from Philips has answered. So, again, should my iron vibrate and make a knocking sound when I am ironing. This stops when iron returned to non-ironing position. PLEASE ANSWER MY QUERY.

leaf

leafSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smart iron

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Very happy, great iron

I initially felt that it was a bit heavy but since using it a few times, I don’t even notice it. Love that it senses how much heat is required for different fabrics and the shut off when left on is a bonus. One thing I’m not happy about though is that I keep getting wet spots on my clothing when using the IQ setting. Not sure if I should be using a different setting to alleviate this.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Adrianaasked

I have just bought this iron and within 2 weeks it started to play up. The blue light keep flashing and the iron will stay cold. Tried to move it but it will not start again. I need to switch the plug off and on again to make it work
I iron does not switch off , even after 1 hours is still warm.
I have returned the iron got a new one ( because when working the iron is fantastic )
Today after 3 weeks is doing the same things again .
How can such an expensive iron be so bad.
I will return the iron and this time I will buy another brand

Imelda C.

Had mine for 7mo and it's just started to do all this. I'm so disappointed because it is a fantastic appliance when working correctly but is just not built well enough to last and the price is crazy expensive given the poor quality

Hello Adriana,

Thank you for your question on here. We're sorry to learn about your experience regarding this iron. Alternatively we could also look into this further on your behalf. Feel free to reach out to us directly over on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). We hope we can be of assistance over there.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia team

Paul

A Recognized Fault with this particular iron. Mine is under 3 months old and have had to send it to a Philips Repairer due to the rapidly flashing blue light and does not heat up. I'm told that the repair process could take weeks. I'm without an iron after paying big buck $$$. If you are within the 90 day period - contact Philips and organise a refund if you can. Just my opinion ....

Nigels best friend

Nigels best friendasked

Hello, Philips team. I've only just purchased my Azur Elite (GC5031) steam iron and am keen to use it according to your directions. We purchased it because of sustainability concerns. We're keen to have a good iron which can be repaired if necessary and our repairs service recommended your Azur Elite. Too many irons end up in landfill unnecessarily. Here's my question: What do I need to know about the use of spray starch with my new iron? I iron a lot of formal heavy cotton shirts and blouses which absolutely do need a little puff of spray starch to bring out their best. The GC5031 steampower is great with heavy cottons, linens, denims etc but I need some tips for using spray starch in such a way as to keep me and my new iron happy. Thank you! Juliet, Brisbane.

Mario S.

Mario S.asked

This is the problem.. IQ flashes fast... and does not heat up. Any help?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Mario. Thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to contact our colleagues on the below number for further assistance: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BIRONS_CA

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Adriana

There is no assistance. Just an overseas person who knows nothing about the iron, hard to understand , and after waiting 20 minutes tells you to return the iron to the shop

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives