Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20

• Safety
Tracey

Tracey Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fabulous iron

Truly is a sensor iron that you don't need to set the temperature. Only thing I missed is the little clip on the end of the cord to secure it around the iron. Happily I was able to steal it from my Philips Easy Care that my partner dropped and broke the handle after many years of good service.

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $199.00.

emmabee

emmabeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good in the short term; Bad in the long term

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer for $200.00.

Philips S.Philips

Terrible! Doesn't get hot enough!

I've had this iron replaced and BOTH irons don't get hot enough. DO NOT BUY!!
Didn't matter whether I was using IQ or Max setting it just couldn't iron out simple creases. A cheap supermarket iron I bought for temporary use was better than this iron.
The iron also spits out dirty water on your clean clothes. Not good enough.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Susan

SusanSydney, NSW

Wasted my money

This iron is not good. I can clean it and then turn it on for ironing and it still spews dirty water onto my white clothes, so frustrating. Also it takes so very very long to reheat after being left for more than 5 minutes. I have successfully used Phillip's irons for quite a long time but wasted my money with this model.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $150.00.

Richelle

RichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't last long

Great iron when it worked. We are light ironers and it stopped working after 7 years with no damage occurring. My parents still have this iron and I purchased it after using theirs. The computer panel is the issue, it generates power whilst the plate stays cold.

Purchased in May 2013 at Myer for $90.00.

Logan

LoganAustralian Capital Territory

Leaking

Purchased this iron first time using it leaks all over my shirts anytime I want to use steam. Doesn’t matter how I hold it or how long I let it settle for. Horrible and wasted $200 AUD

Purchased in July 2020 at Amazon for $200.00.

Joseph EllisCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Appalling after sales service.

It’s a flimsy iron and when it broke I sent it in May to be repaired. Got in back in July and now it leaks ! I am frustrated with the service. I contacted the service team on the phone, mail and social media. Received standard responses. The apologies sound fake and scripted. It cost me about $ 160 to purchase frustration. I am done with this company. I got my self a $49 steam iron and it seems to do the job far beyond my expectations.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $150.00.

PaulThe Mallee, VIC

A Major Recognized Fault NOT Being Dealt with by Philips!!!

Purchased in April 2020 at eBay for $150.00.

fabulous when it works

I have now had 2 of these irons. The first one was replaced after a couple of months as the IQ feature didn't work-it would only reset after I turned it on and off at the wall. The replacement iron (with very little use-only 3-4 times/month for a few garments) has just over the last few uses started doing the same thing. I will be taking it back tomorrow to get a different brand.

Purchased in June 2019 for $179.00.

Product is usedOccasionally
Clothing MaterialCotton

Darrellv

DarrellvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Iron, works well, lots of steam power

A really great iron, lots of steam and the auto feature works well. I can see how some people say it's a little heavy but I think that is actually a positive in my eyes. Great Iron!

Purchased at Costco for $169.99.

JoLei

JoLeiSydney, NSW

The best iron I have had!

Perfect iron! Very smooth to iron with. It just slides on the clothes. A lot of steam to remove creases, which I love. Very easy to use.
Definitely worth the money.

Purchased in May 2020 at Myer Online Store for $150.00.

Didn't last the distance

I purchased this iron 7mo ago (see review further down this page) and it seems I was a bit quick to write off the negative reviews on this iron. Brand new out of the box, it worked perfectly. Today, only 7mo after purchase, it kicked the bucket... heating element stopped doing its thing, IQ feature failed, steam release doesn't work, iron leaked its entire contents over my ironing board. Soooo not happy considering the $170 price tag.
Philips has been good so far with trying to address my complaint and I am hoping for a resolution in my favour but I still question the quality of such an expensive iron and why I would need to even consider a replacement / repair after paying so much $$$

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer for $170.00.

Rubi

RubiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Steam Iron ..

I use to separate my ironing according to the types of fabrics.. I was a bit sceptical that it will do the job and I was blown away how smooth this iron. Its glide smoothly and makes the ironing so easy. Whoever created this amazing product deserve - you made my life and I can say I love (I dont like doing ironing) ironing now. Its expensive though but I think its worth it.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Ash

AshSydney, NSW

Best Smart Steam Iron for domestic use

Purchased in November 2019 at Bing Lee for $129.00.

MelPERTH

Has changed my life

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer Online Store for $169.15.

Mel

Am I supposed to register this product for warranty purposes? Not sure how long the warranty is

Benny123

Benny123Perth, WA

Good iron!

This product is great! You can iron different materials without having to change the heat settings! Steam produced is great - Easy to remove wrinkles. I no longer need to spray additional water onto clothing when I iron. I do find that it takes a longer time to heat up when compared to my previous iron though.

Purchased in March 2019 at Myer.

Happy K

Happy KPerth, WA

Best iron purchased so far!

I like the technology built onto this iron - it allows you to iron different materials without having to change the heat settings. No more burn marks on clothing! It does take longer time to heat up when you turn it on though. Had issues with the heating element of the first purchase but was given a replacement by Myer. No problems since.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer.

Mumsquad3

Mumsquad3South East Queensland, QLD

Makes ironing easy!

I am happy I upgraded my iron to this one. It was different and hard to adjust to in the beginning, it only has limited functions and settings, however I am so pleased with how it works. You cannot burn clothing and it will always adjust its temperature accordingly, relatively quickly too. It does make a ticking noise when you iron but that doesn’t bother me. It’s heavy and does a fantastic job. Like any iron, I think you need to get used to it before deciding if it works for you or not. If you want a professional finish on your clothes with minimal fuss then I would recommend this iron.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $138.00.

Our Phillips Azure Iron

Turns on and off blue light blinks
Slowly turn back on.andblinks fast when Reset.also leaks.it has been an excellent
Iron any idea.also goes off when standing still for 5mins a u ideas please

Purchased in May 2015 at The Good Guys Physical store for $140.00.

John Wright
John Wright

Thañks

Mid C

Mid CHobart, TAS

Minimal settings makes ironing a lot simpler

Our last iron used to always leave white calc stuff on clothes, especially shirts. The Philips doesn't seem to have this issue, maybe it's the catchment feature it uses. The iron puts out plenty of steam and has worked well for stiffer pants that were normally quite tedious to iron. It does a good job on delicate shirts and doesn't spit out water with the steam like some other irons (which used to drive me crazy). Little bit heavy, but it feels well built and means you don't need to apply much extra force.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Online Store for $159.20.

Adrianaasked

I have just bought this iron and within 2 weeks it started to play up. The blue light keep flashing and the iron will stay cold. Tried to move it but it will not start again. I need to switch the plug off and on again to make it work
I iron does not switch off , even after 1 hours is still warm.
I have returned the iron got a new one ( because when working the iron is fantastic )
Today after 3 weeks is doing the same things again .
How can such an expensive iron be so bad.
I will return the iron and this time I will buy another brand

Imelda C.

Had mine for 7mo and it's just started to do all this. I'm so disappointed because it is a fantastic appliance when working correctly but is just not built well enough to last and the price is crazy expensive given the poor quality

Hello Adriana,

Thank you for your question on here. We're sorry to learn about your experience regarding this iron. Alternatively we could also look into this further on your behalf. Feel free to reach out to us directly over on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). We hope we can be of assistance over there.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia team

Paul

A Recognized Fault with this particular iron. Mine is under 3 months old and have had to send it to a Philips Repairer due to the rapidly flashing blue light and does not heat up. I'm told that the repair process could take weeks. I'm without an iron after paying big buck $$$. If you are within the 90 day period - contact Philips and organise a refund if you can. Just my opinion ....

Nigels best friend

Nigels best friendasked

Hello, Philips team. I've only just purchased my Azur Elite (GC5031) steam iron and am keen to use it according to your directions. We purchased it because of sustainability concerns. We're keen to have a good iron which can be repaired if necessary and our repairs service recommended your Azur Elite. Too many irons end up in landfill unnecessarily. Here's my question: What do I need to know about the use of spray starch with my new iron? I iron a lot of formal heavy cotton shirts and blouses which absolutely do need a little puff of spray starch to bring out their best. The GC5031 steampower is great with heavy cottons, linens, denims etc but I need some tips for using spray starch in such a way as to keep me and my new iron happy. Thank you! Juliet, Brisbane.

Mario S.

Mario S.asked

This is the problem.. IQ flashes fast... and does not heat up. Any help?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Mario. Thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to contact our colleagues on the below number for further assistance: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BIRONS_CA

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Adriana

There is no assistance. Just an overseas person who knows nothing about the iron, hard to understand , and after waiting 20 minutes tells you to return the iron to the shop

See all Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators