Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20

Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20

• MPN: GC5031/20
See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Philips Domestic Appliances

• Product is used
  • Safety
sherrilyn.rFar North Queensland, QLD

Great iron

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $153.

Frosty
FrostyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Flashing Blue Light Solved

My iron is now 1.5 years old and I use this iron several times a week. It works well and I love that there is no setting knob to accidentally spin around when in use. I also had the flashing blue light problem, whereby it would flash rapidly and it had to be switched off, then on to operate. I re-read the book, read the website and, nothing. Experimentation was required. I finally discovered that the flashing blue light is trying to tell you that the water should be filled to maximum each time. I now top it up to full before use and I have NO blue flashing light in the last 6 months of usage. Philips, you have failed to add important information into your manual. I still think that its a great iron.

Purchased in .

• Incentivised Review No
  • Product is used Weekly
  • Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics
Kylie W.
Kylie W.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect iron

I love this iron. Great on all fabrics and does not snag. I Has a large water chamber which I like so I don’t have to keep refilling for steam. I like that it has a number of setting as well even though I find even the max setting irons all types of material without any problems.

Purchased in .

Lisa M.
Lisa M.Perth, WA

Excellent Iron

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $175.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Jackie
JackieSydney, NSW

Makes ironing a joy!

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $139.

Great iron, perfect for men.

Expensive compared with STD irons. You get what you pay for I guess. Fantastic iron, love it's features, no temp settings, iron adjusts automatically , auto switch off. Bit on the heavy side but easy to clean.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $200.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Very glad to hear this and thanks for sharing David! :)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Carrie
CarriePerth, WA

Would not buy again.

I find that often it takes absolutely ages to heat up and emit steam. It's brilliant once it's hot, and certainly works really well changing from one type of fabric to another, but since my clothes etc are mostly natural fibres I don't really need this feature, and won't buy it again because of the length of time it takes to heat up. I keep wondering whether there's an intermittent fault with mine. Not very happy with the option to have max steam either, this doesn't work well.

Purchased in for $180.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
billyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Design Flaw, handle breaks after few months of use.

I bought this iron looking at some very good reviews. It's more expensive than other comparative items.
It comes with a new technology that a user cannot set a temperature, it automatically handles it.

However, due to low temperature, users generally presses it harder and due to a design flaw that the handle doesn't have a support at back (see the pictures), the plastic handle breaks easily after few months of use.

Company doesn't cover this under warranty and it's a throwaway in few months.

Other than that, I found this good enough to use as a normal iron with some frustration with the temperature, nothing special.

I even wasted the money I paid for extended warranty for this.

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $189.15.

Tracey
Tracey Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fabulous iron

Truly is a sensor iron that you don't need to set the temperature. Only thing I missed is the little clip on the end of the cord to secure it around the iron. Happily I was able to steal it from my Philips Easy Care that my partner dropped and broke the handle after many years of good service.

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $199.

emmabee
emmabeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good in the short term; Bad in the long term

Purchased in at Myer for $200.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Terrible! Doesn't get hot enough!

I've had this iron replaced and BOTH irons don't get hot enough. DO NOT BUY!!
Didn't matter whether I was using IQ or Max setting it just couldn't iron out simple creases. A cheap supermarket iron I bought for temporary use was better than this iron.
The iron also spits out dirty water on your clean clothes. Not good enough.

Susan
SusanSydney, NSW

Wasted my money

This iron is not good. I can clean it and then turn it on for ironing and it still spews dirty water onto my white clothes, so frustrating. Also it takes so very very long to reheat after being left for more than 5 minutes. I have successfully used Phillip's irons for quite a long time but wasted my money with this model.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $150.

Richelle
RichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't last long

Great iron when it worked. We are light ironers and it stopped working after 7 years with no damage occurring. My parents still have this iron and I purchased it after using theirs. The computer panel is the issue, it generates power whilst the plate stays cold.

Purchased in at Myer for $90.

Logan
LoganAustralian Capital Territory

Leaking

Purchased this iron first time using it leaks all over my shirts anytime I want to use steam. Doesn’t matter how I hold it or how long I let it settle for. Horrible and wasted $200 AUD

Purchased in at Amazon for $200.

• Incentivised Review No
Joseph EllisCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Appalling after sales service.

It’s a flimsy iron and when it broke I sent it in May to be repaired. Got in back in July and now it leaks ! I am frustrated with the service. I contacted the service team on the phone, mail and social media. Received standard responses. The apologies sound fake and scripted. It cost me about $ 160 to purchase frustration. I am done with this company. I got my self a $49 steam iron and it seems to do the job far beyond my expectations.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $150.