VerifiedMPN:GC5031/20

3.9

Wendy
Wendy4 posts

Wouldn’t buy another

The ‘hottest’ setting is not hot enough for some jobs. BUT worst thing is because the plastic casing is so dark you cannot see the water level. This is incredibly annoying .Also even when ‘full’ it empties really quickly. Show details
Fer
Fer16 posts

Heavy and have to refill after two shirts

I returned this iron for a refund after a few days. The worst thing about it is how often I had to refill the water tank. I could get through only two cotton shirts before having to refill. It is also heavy so tiring to use.
It generates so much steam it fogged up my glasses. Despite that, it was not good on heavy creases. It doesn’t have a spray function so I had to use water in a spray bottle.
It also has a very poor cord winding function. There is no way to secure the end of the cord and the cord just unravels off the iron.
It does have some good features, but they are far outweighed by the bad.
I bought it on special so the RRP is higher than what I paid. Show details
sherrilyn.rFar North Queensland, QLD4 posts
Frosty
FrostyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Kylie W.
Kylie W.South East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Perfect iron

I love this iron. Great on all fabrics and does not snag. I Has a large water chamber which I like so I don’t have to keep refilling for steam. I like that it has a number of setting as well even though I find even the max setting irons all types of material without any problems. Show details ·  1
Lisa M.
Lisa M.Perth, WA

Jackie
JackieSydney, NSW7 posts
David
David4 posts

Great iron, perfect for men

Expensive compared to stardard irons. You get what you pay for I guess. Fantastic iron, love it's features, no temp settings, iron adjusts automatically , auto switch off. Bit on the heavy side but easy to clean. Show details ·  1
Carrie
CarriePerth, WA3 posts

Would not buy again

I find that often it takes absolutely ages to heat up and emit steam. It's brilliant once it's hot, and certainly works really well changing from one type of fabric to another, but since my clothes etc are mostly natural fibres I don't really need this feature, and won't buy it again because of the length of time it takes to heat up. I keep wondering whether there's an intermittent fault with mine. Not very happy with the option to have max steam either, this doesn't work well. Show details
billy
billyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Design Flaw, handle breaks after few months of use

I bought this iron looking at some very good reviews. It's more expensive than other comparative items.
It comes with a new technology that a user cannot set a temperature, it automatically handles it.

However, due to low temperature, users generally presses it harder and due to a design flaw that the handle doesn't have a support at back (see the pictures), the plastic handle breaks easily after few months of use.

Company doesn't cover this under warranty and it's a throwaway in few months.

Other than that, I found this good enough to use as a normal iron with some frustration with the temperature, nothing special.

I even wasted the money I paid for extended warranty for this.  Show details

Tracey
Tracey Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fabulous iron

Truly is a sensor iron that you don't need to set the temperature. Only thing I missed is the little clip on the end of the cord to secure it around the iron. Happily I was able to steal it from my Philips Easy Care that my partner dropped and broke the handle after many years of good service.  Show details ·  1
emmabee
emmabeeSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

B W.
B W.

Terrible! Doesn't get hot enough!

I've had this iron replaced and BOTH irons don't get hot enough. DO NOT BUY!!
Didn't matter whether I was using IQ or Max setting it just couldn't iron out simple creases. A cheap supermarket iron I bought for temporary use was better than this iron.
The iron also spits out dirty water on your clean clothes. Not good enough.
 Show details
Susan
SusanSydney, NSW2 posts

Wasted my money

This iron is not good. I can clean it and then turn it on for ironing and it still spews dirty water onto my white clothes, so frustrating. Also it takes so very very long to reheat after being left for more than 5 minutes. I have successfully used Phillip's irons for quite a long time but wasted my money with this model. Show details
Richelle
RichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Doesn't last long

Great iron when it worked. We are light ironers and it stopped working after 7 years with no damage occurring. My parents still have this iron and I purchased it after using theirs. The computer panel is the issue, it generates power whilst the plate stays cold. Show details

Rauf M.
Rauf M.

I bought this iron box and it is working fine. This is the first time I use the high-end iron box.
I was actually looking for Braun Texstyle 9, but Philips offers two years guarantee.
One thing I noted with the iron box is that it makes vibration while using. Any idea regarding this ?

sherrilyn.r

Could that be the water going through water pump? It's a vibratory sound. Does it sound louder when water low & go away when water opped up?

SteveH.
SteveH.

Hi. The tip of the baseplate for my Azur Elite was dropped and snapped off. It stills works but catches on the clothing. Is it possible to get a replacement?

Valerie L.
Valerie L.

Hello. When I plug my iron blue IQ light blinks and it doesn't heat up. How can I solve this problem?

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators