Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20

• Safety
Carrie
CarriePerth, WA

Would not buy again.

I find that often it takes absolutely ages to heat up and emit steam. It's brilliant once it's hot, and certainly works really well changing from one type of fabric to another, but since my clothes etc are mostly natural fibres I don't really need this feature, and won't buy it again because of the length of time it takes to heat up. I keep wondering whether there's an intermittent fault with mine. Not very happy with the option to have max steam either, this doesn't work well.

Purchased in June 2019 for $180.00.

billyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Design Flaw, handle breaks after few months of use.

I bought this iron looking at some very good reviews. It's more expensive than other comparative items.
It comes with a new technology that a user cannot set a temperature, it automatically handles it.

However, due to low temperature, users generally presses it harder and due to a design flaw that the handle doesn't have a support at back (see the pictures), the plastic handle breaks easily after few months of use.

Company doesn't cover this under warranty and it's a throwaway in few months.

Other than that, I found this good enough to use as a normal iron with some frustration with the temperature, nothing special.

I even wasted the money I paid for extended warranty for this.

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $189.15.

Tracey
Tracey Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fabulous iron

Truly is a sensor iron that you don't need to set the temperature. Only thing I missed is the little clip on the end of the cord to secure it around the iron. Happily I was able to steal it from my Philips Easy Care that my partner dropped and broke the handle after many years of good service.

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $199.00.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

emmabee
emmabeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good in the short term; Bad in the long term

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer for $200.00.

Philips S.Philips

Terrible! Doesn't get hot enough!

I've had this iron replaced and BOTH irons don't get hot enough. DO NOT BUY!!
Didn't matter whether I was using IQ or Max setting it just couldn't iron out simple creases. A cheap supermarket iron I bought for temporary use was better than this iron.
The iron also spits out dirty water on your clean clothes. Not good enough.

Philips S.Philips

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Susan
SusanSydney, NSW

Wasted my money

This iron is not good. I can clean it and then turn it on for ironing and it still spews dirty water onto my white clothes, so frustrating. Also it takes so very very long to reheat after being left for more than 5 minutes. I have successfully used Phillip's irons for quite a long time but wasted my money with this model.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $150.00.

Richelle
RichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't last long

Great iron when it worked. We are light ironers and it stopped working after 7 years with no damage occurring. My parents still have this iron and I purchased it after using theirs. The computer panel is the issue, it generates power whilst the plate stays cold.

Purchased in May 2013 at Myer for $90.00.

Logan
LoganAustralian Capital Territory

Leaking

Purchased this iron first time using it leaks all over my shirts anytime I want to use steam. Doesn’t matter how I hold it or how long I let it settle for. Horrible and wasted $200 AUD

Purchased in July 2020 at Amazon for $200.00.

Joseph EllisCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Appalling after sales service.

It’s a flimsy iron and when it broke I sent it in May to be repaired. Got in back in July and now it leaks ! I am frustrated with the service. I contacted the service team on the phone, mail and social media. Received standard responses. The apologies sound fake and scripted. It cost me about $ 160 to purchase frustration. I am done with this company. I got my self a $49 steam iron and it seems to do the job far beyond my expectations.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $150.00.

PaulThe Mallee, VIC

A Major Recognized Fault NOT Being Dealt with by Philips!!!

Purchased in April 2020 at eBay for $150.00.

fabulous when it works

I have now had 2 of these irons. The first one was replaced after a couple of months as the IQ feature didn't work-it would only reset after I turned it on and off at the wall. The replacement iron (with very little use-only 3-4 times/month for a few garments) has just over the last few uses started doing the same thing. I will be taking it back tomorrow to get a different brand.

Purchased in June 2019 for $179.00.

Product is used Occasionally
Clothing Material Cotton
Darrellv
DarrellvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Iron, works well, lots of steam power

A really great iron, lots of steam and the auto feature works well. I can see how some people say it's a little heavy but I think that is actually a positive in my eyes. Great Iron!

Purchased at Costco for $169.99.

JoLei
JoLeiSydney, NSW

The best iron I have had!

Perfect iron! Very smooth to iron with. It just slides on the clothes. A lot of steam to remove creases, which I love. Very easy to use.
Definitely worth the money.

Purchased in May 2020 at Myer Online Store for $150.00.

Didn't last the distance

I purchased this iron 7mo ago (see review further down this page) and it seems I was a bit quick to write off the negative reviews on this iron. Brand new out of the box, it worked perfectly. Today, only 7mo after purchase, it kicked the bucket... heating element stopped doing its thing, IQ feature failed, steam release doesn't work, iron leaked its entire contents over my ironing board. Soooo not happy considering the $170 price tag.
Philips has been good so far with trying to address my complaint and I am hoping for a resolution in my favour but I still question the quality of such an expensive iron and why I would need to even consider a replacement / repair after paying so much $$$

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer for $170.00.

Rubi
RubiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Steam Iron ..

I use to separate my ironing according to the types of fabrics.. I was a bit sceptical that it will do the job and I was blown away how smooth this iron. Its glide smoothly and makes the ironing so easy. Whoever created this amazing product deserve - you made my life and I can say I love (I dont like doing ironing) ironing now. Its expensive though but I think its worth it.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Adrianaasked

I have just bought this iron and within 2 weeks it started to play up. The blue light keep flashing and the iron will stay cold. Tried to move it but it will not start again. I need to switch the plug off and on again to make it work
I iron does not switch off , even after 1 hours is still warm.
I have returned the iron got a new one ( because when working the iron is fantastic )
Today after 3 weeks is doing the same things again .
How can such an expensive iron be so bad.
I will return the iron and this time I will buy another brand

Imelda C.

Had mine for 7mo and it's just started to do all this. I'm so disappointed because it is a fantastic appliance when working correctly but is just not built well enough to last and the price is crazy expensive given the poor quality

Hello Adriana,

Thank you for your question on here. We're sorry to learn about your experience regarding this iron. Alternatively we could also look into this further on your behalf. Feel free to reach out to us directly over on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). We hope we can be of assistance over there.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia team

Paul

A Recognized Fault with this particular iron. Mine is under 3 months old and have had to send it to a Philips Repairer due to the rapidly flashing blue light and does not heat up. I'm told that the repair process could take weeks. I'm without an iron after paying big buck $$$. If you are within the 90 day period - contact Philips and organise a refund if you can. Just my opinion ....

Nigels best friend
Nigels best friendasked

Hello, Philips team. I've only just purchased my Azur Elite (GC5031) steam iron and am keen to use it according to your directions. We purchased it because of sustainability concerns. We're keen to have a good iron which can be repaired if necessary and our repairs service recommended your Azur Elite. Too many irons end up in landfill unnecessarily. Here's my question: What do I need to know about the use of spray starch with my new iron? I iron a lot of formal heavy cotton shirts and blouses which absolutely do need a little puff of spray starch to bring out their best. The GC5031 steampower is great with heavy cottons, linens, denims etc but I need some tips for using spray starch in such a way as to keep me and my new iron happy. Thank you! Juliet, Brisbane.

Mario S.
Mario S.asked

This is the problem.. IQ flashes fast... and does not heat up. Any help?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Mario. Thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to contact our colleagues on the below number for further assistance: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BIRONS_CA

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Adriana

There is no assistance. Just an overseas person who knows nothing about the iron, hard to understand , and after waiting 20 minutes tells you to return the iron to the shop

See all Philips Azur Elite GC5031/20 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators