Philips EasySpeed Steam GC2046/20

Philips EasySpeed Steam GC2046/20

MPN: GC2046

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Weekly (1)
  • Safety

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long lasting iron!

I've had this iron for almost 5 years. It is light weight, so good for lengthy ironing sessions. 4 steam settings plus 2 spray settings. Highly recommend. Extremely good value.

Purchased in February 2015 at Target Australia.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics
Philips S.Philips

Hi, Mary. Great to hear you enjoy using the iron so much. Thank you for your high recommendation. If you ever need any help, feel free to reach out to us as we're always happy to help.

BoardgamerSouth West, WA

Good until it stopped working properly

I bought this inexpensive iron in February this year because I had 2 frozen shoulders and it was the lightest iron I could find. It ironed well even without steam but now doesn't seem to be heating up properly. I will be taking it back to the store. Fortunately I no longer have frozen shoulders and can go back to my sunbeam iron

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Boardgamer

Have now received a replacement from the Good Guys where I bought it. Hopefully this one will last longer. haven't used it yet but will comment again when I have

Caitlin

CaitlinMONTROSE

You need this iron!

For some reason works much better than my old iron for getting those patches on tight. Works better than my old iron that I paid twice as much for. I miss the retractable cord of my old iron but I just roll the cord up and tuck it into the handle so it's not hanging down. The swivel cord makes it easy to keep the cord out of the way without repositioning the iron while in use. Would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
nburgess

nburgess

Decent

This worked great with almost everything, although sometimes i had to focus on certain areas for longer periods of time which is quite common! Have not tried extremely delicate clothing but on everyday cotton tee shirt there were no issues, overall you get what you pay for and definitely recommend :)

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for the positive review. We are happy to know that you like your EasySpeed Steam iron. You can use the iron on delicate clothes, as long as the temperature is on a low setting. :)

TTT

TTTPerth

Makes ironing actually enjoyable

This iron is amazing, its made me actually enjoy ironing as its so easy to use. It is so good at getting wrinkles out and is such a 'smooth' glide. I don't find it to big or bulky.I have actually enjoyed ironing with this and am no longer leaving a huge ironing pile for weeks as its quick to heat up, and irons so quickly..... it's actually fun.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Philips S.Philips

Ironing is enjoyable! Wow! That's about the best compliment we can get. ;) Thanks a lot. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with alright?

The Philips Australia team

Paul Line

Paul LineTasmainia

Simple and Effective

Love the iron as it looks simple and the size is just fit to control. It’s easy to handle and use, the temperature is perfect as there’s a temperature control function, it can be able to iron different variety of clothes, it heats up quick and the price is resonable. (I bought it at half price)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

JRo

JRoSydney, NSW

Not the best

This iron wasn't what I'd hoped for so I'm glad I got it half price. It never leaves clothes looking immaturely ironed, never seems hot enough and isn't particularly gentle on clothes. My husband's cotton work shorts ended up with white lines through them from the iron. I wouldn't recommend it.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Cally

CallyMelbourne

Good Iron Does What It Should

I like this iron it meets my ironing needs well and I use it weekly. It is a vast improvement over the ancient one it replaced and feels like it glides like silk. It reaches its set temperature quite quickly and appears to do a good job of regulating itself. Steam works well and it can do a reasonable shot of steam too. Cord length is fine for me but the powerpoint is well placed in my laundry, I would buy this again if required. It's a good iron.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Go_Blues

Go_BluesMelbourne

Use It Every Morning

I usually only iron one thing a day and wear it immediately and this iron meets my needs entirely, It heats up quickly, has a good cord length, holds a steady temperature and presses a shirt very easily. I never use steam so I can't comment of that but for basic dry ironing it does a perfect job.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Rukhjam

RukhjamSydney

Good value for money

The iron works fine, heats up quickly and removes creases perfectly. Temperature control dial is good. Also the steam produced in good amount. Its only been a month I am using this iron and haven't had any issues about safety at all. For me the iron is reliable and a good value for money. Also I didn't notice the cord is too short. Its pretty okay in length.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Philips S.Philips

Glad to hear you like the product and thanks for taking your time to write this review Rukhjam! :)

Jobi

JobiBrisbaneh

Easy? As easy as ironing can be!

The iron heats up quickly. All features work to my satisfaction and it appears to be safe and reliable. The water level mark is a bit confusing, however that is no trouble as it takes 270 mls and doesn't leak. I would recommend this iron to anyone looking for an inexpensive replacement.
It glides beautifully and is not too heavy.
I am not computer literate enough to provide proof of purchase but Docket No. is D025094345650

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Cord too short

The iron itself is great however could have done with another metre of cord. Have to use an extension lead. Ridiculous I have to write a minimum of fifty words, clear you would hope I wouldn't continue. So there I have written a mimimum of fifty words. Cheers Liz .

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Can't live with it

although the iron has an attractive design and heats up well, the main disappointment is that it leaks. Too much so for me to keep. Going to purchase another brand as its so annoying when I'm doing my husbands work shirts and pants. I need to either hang them out to dry or keep ironing on dry in order to absorb the water.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Elsie
Elsie

Thank you for contacting me, I do appreciate your follow up.

jonathanxue

jonathanxueSydney, NSW

quick warmup, strong steam

This iron is basic, but does the basics very well- it warms up quickly and has a good strong continuous steam with tap water. The sole plate isn't especially smooth, but it's definitely not problematically sticky, and while it doesn't have bells and whistles like automatic temperature setting, there's plenty of manual adjustability.

We haven't had any reliability or safety problems like other reviewers (touch wood), and haven't experienced any scorching. The iron has worked well for us from cotton to silk- much better than an old Sunbeam. Would buy again.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Dee

DeeAU

Leaks

I would not recommend this iron as it leaks all over your clothes. It also started rusting on the plate after only using it twice. I bought it at The Good Guys and they replaced it immediately, no questions asked. I expect a lot more from my iron and this was below average.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Andypoo

AndypooLane cove

Quite bad....

Was expecting better from a decent brand, it's too heavy and long, the sole plate is not smooth enough and the cord is pretty short, nothing more to add here, will upgrade to a Braun that has superb reviews and has some good German design, this philips iron is bad unless on a severe budget.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

peter bmelbourne

I would rather iron with a used house brick

This is the worst iron I have ever used, cord too short but the worst feature is it doesn't glide over the fabric of any thing I iron, It heats up ok but I feel like I need to take sand paper to the base, does it have a Teflon coating? It pulls the fabric as you iron. It has doubled my ironing time. Don't waste your money. Is the criteria at Philips... "if it looks like an iron it must work" because you got it wrong big time.

Ljboswell