Philips Azur Performer Plus

Philips Azur Performer Plus

GC4512/20, GC4517/20, GC4514/30, etc...

YING

YINGSydney, NSW

Did a good job

Did a good job, but a little bit heavy. it seems get dry too fast, hope it can spray more water, so it takes more time to finish the jobs.

Olive

OliveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A perfect iron

This iron is very smooth on fabric and it has a perfect steam system that makes ironing easy and quick.
It is perfect for all clothes type and the great deal is you do not need to set temperature. No burn guarantee and definitely uding it for a year now no burns no tension.
I am loving it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Olive. Thanks for your kind words and glad to hear you love the product! ❤️

Anna

AnnaSydney

A true performer

I have been ironing a lot since I bought this iron, it makes the whole ironing process better and I love using it, the cord is long and the iron glides on the mp;clothes and it light and I am not tired even after an hour of ironing all the shirts in my household for 3 males, it is a true performer and a good buying decision.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Sue

SueSydney

It is a great performer

I am happy I made the decision to buy this iron, it glides n my clothes, everything is ready and ironed within minutes, the fold s and wrinkle disappear at a stroke of an iron. I would recommend this iron it is a real performer. the cord is super long and it is very comfortable to use.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Kim

KimAdelaide, South Australia

Very odd burn smell left on my cloths

Every time I use this iron my cloths stick of burnt smell. I've checked the unit over and can't see any issues but maybe deep inside. Took back to the store but as it worked for them they refused to refund but got it swapped. The new one doesn't smell but it's not as nearly as hot as the first one! Not happy

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Clint09

Clint09NSW, 2071

Like it a lot

Great iron. Doesn’t leak water on to clothes. Steam is powerful enough to remove wrinkles from cotton business shirts. Water capacity is good. Spray works well and iron glides over clothes easily of all material types. Large base won’t sit into the iron holder on the ironing board. Only criticism is the length of cord. Could be longer.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Clare

ClareMERBEIN WEST

Really terrific iron

Like another reviewer said, they ALL start to leak after a while! So, I looked at all the reviews and after seeing some great reviews, I decided to try it. WELL, It is a KILLER iron. If you can say that about an iron, that is. The steam is great and even though it is larger than I thought, it is very well balanced, the retractable cord is very easy to use, I like how you put in the water for the steam...I just like everything about this iron. The controls are very easy to use and I like how the fabric type is lit up on the handle so you know exactly what temperature you are using while ironing. Very happy with my choice

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi here, Clare. We're glad to hear you like it and thanks for sharing! Spread the word :)

Patrice1312

Patrice1312melbourne

Crisp Clothes

Ironing my clothes is so much faster with this Phillips Asur Performer Plus. I love it! It's so easy to fill and refill the steam compartment. It heats up really quickly and has a great controlled temperature. Its not too heavy or light and really glides on the clothes for a fast ironing experience.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for the review, Patrice. :) We're delighted to hear that it's such a smooth experience overall.

Denii

DeniiAU

Best Iron

Best iron to use for my most hated household chore. Streams through a basket of ironing in no time. Heats up quickly, great temperature control.
Ease of use, not too heavy, easy to use, temperature gauge very accurate ample steam. The water spray feature is very good too.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Emma

EmmaSydney

Perfect helper

I love this new iron that I purchased for myself. I feel that it is such a great helper and I am ironing my clothes much faster. I like that is easy to use, it is easy to refill and steam compartment is easy to handle. The temperature is easy to regulate as well and It looks like it is almost impossible to burn anything as even on the highest setting it is still gentle on the clothes.

Anon

Anon

Great iron, has been very reliable

Heats up very fast, temp control seems good, steam works well, sprayer works well. Some polyester (I think) melted to it and won't come off but I think that'd happen to any iron. Also find that the steam function doesn't run low even when being used a lot. Some irons the steam runs out while it heats up.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Philips S.Philips

Phillips iron is pure junk

One of the worst irons ever used. It lasted barely 18 months as the heating element quit working. The power light would flicker but the iron refused to heat up. The iron also a tendency to cut off without heating to the maximum and also sprang a water leak.Never buy any Phillips product again. As is is out of warranty I could not get a refund or have it fixed.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Only one fault

Only one fault when you grab the handle your fingers touch the heat dial and move it. Other than that I like it.
I had a Phillip iron previously so went with slightly upmarket model. Today is the first time I have used it. Maybe this should be looked at.

Pamlee

PamleePerth

Terrible

It’s a Terrible iron. Hot water poured out of it and it scalded my foot. The fabric was saturated and I had to hang it back out on the line. It should be recalled. I took it back to the shop and bought a different brand. I am very disappointed with this product.

Leaks badly

Just purchased late Dec and turned on for 1st time today. Water leaks everywhere through sole plate regardless of settings. Not good at all. I've tried emptying it and starting again but doesn't seem to matter what I try water leaks out onto clothes. Using without water currently and it's taking forever to iron.

Awful, leaks badly

I bought this iron on 23rd December, used it first time on 26th December. Heated up OK then water pored out of the bottom of the sole plate. Took iron back to store they replaced it with an identical unit. This new one leaks water badly while ironing. Will never buy a Phillips Azur again.

Andy S.Sydney, NSW

A good iron at a reasonable price..

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Andy S.

My pleasure. I have used many other Philips products over the years and has always enjoyed the products.
Thanks for your feedback. Cheers, Andy

Philips S.Philips

We're glad to hear that you're such a keen user of our products, Andy. Thanks for being a fan! Should you have any questions about our products in the future, then don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Magmagee

MagmageeSydney, NSW

Auto shut down function

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Faith

FaithWheeler Heights

Worst. Iron. Ever.

Thought I'd get great performance from the most expensive iron in stock, I was completely mistaken. No steam, won't even iron a crease from a t-shirt on the highest temp setting! Purchased to replace an iron I had been using for years after the cord was damaged & did not do my research. I'm so disappointed that I've just written my first review ever!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Wizard_aus

Wizard_ausSouth Australia, 5162

Smooth ironing, very nice to handle

I have owned a couple of these and they are very reliable. The only reason I have purchase another is that they were on sale at a very good price and thought a spare would be handy rather than pay for one when required.Heats up very fast and steam is strong

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Julie

Julieasked

I purchased this iron as the display model and was not provided with the packaging - which included operating instructions & care guide, and warranty card.

Are you able to send me a copy of the manual? Electronic or hard copy would be fine.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Julie. Great to hear you purchased one of our iron. :-) You can find all documentation, frequently asked questions and troubleshooting regarding this particular model on the following page: https://bit.ly/2FDweOd. Warranty can be based on either the receipt or the serial number that is located on the device, so it's recommended to keep a copy of the receipt to be sure. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Scotty

Scottyasked

How to clean water tank?

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for submitting your question here. :) Do you like you GC4517? To clean the water tank, you can try to:
1) Fill the water tank half way with hot water and shake it carefully.
2) Empty it and rinse well with fresh water (do not use detergent).

This is the only way to clean the inside! Hope it helps.

The Philips Australia team

Kay

Kayasked

I love my Phillips Azur steam iron but today it keeps turning off. It has a light under the steam control lever, the left side says heating and the right automatic. I have moved house & lost my instruction book, could you send me a copy, please. I would really like your help as soon as possible, thank you.

PhilipsPhilips

Sure thing, Kay. The instruction booklet can be found right here: http://philips.to/1YTSZ4L We do have to say that the issue you're experiencing doesn't sound too good, and we would like to advise you to contact our customer care to inquire about this. You could reach us on 1300 363 391, if you're located in Australia. Or if you're located in new Zealand on 0800 658 224.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives