Philips Azur Steam GC4855

Philips Azur Steam GC4855

gottalove

gottaloveAU

I tried really hard to love this iron

I really have wanted to love this iron but cannot.
I have really hated ironing using this and the pile just gets bigger
I have put up with the dripping and the poor performance for 5 years.
Time now to change brands and buy a better iron.
Maybe now I will stop procrastinating on the ironing.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Taking it back

My Azure 4855 is only three hours old. Can't even iron a shirt before auto shut off activates. Half way through one sleeve and it shuts down.
Seriously not happy. Back to Harvey Norman it goes. Ironing is not that complicated. Will buy another brand. Disappointed to say the least.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

JulesSydney

Biggest waste of money EVER!!!

Bought this Azur to replace my Azur 1000 (which I absolutely loved) and this was the biggest waste of $130!! Not only does it not iron work shirts properly, it has melted so many of my clothes even on a low setting. I contacted the company via their contact page on their website to let them know as I registered the iron when I bought it and I didn't hear a thing from them. Such bad customer service and not impressed with the brand at all anymore.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Miz M K

Miz M KGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Glad it has been discontinued

Date PurchasedMay 2013

cadam

cadamMelbourne

Terrible - Nothing but problems - TWICE

First one returned after 4 weeks - stopped working, water catchment door wouldn't close properly, Confirmed FAULTY. Second one, stopped working AGAIN, after 8 weeks, light flashes when plugged in but won't heat. It also dips water from the base - VERY DISAPPOINTED. THIS ONE IS GOING BACK TOO. WONT BUY AGAIN!

PhilipsPhilips

traciSydney, NSW

Almost glad it is ready for the bin!

DarionVictoria

Not a great iron

Unbelievable ! this iron shorts the fuse box like carazy............

Shorted it tonight and couldn't get my power back on for 25 min all because of this stupid iron.

Worked ok according to my wife when we first bought it and then it started to leave marks on the clothes and I had to clean it for her several times with all typed of cleaning cloths and solutions as not to damage the surface.

We have had 2 Tefal iron's which were garbage and 1 Phillips iron ,and this was in the space of 5 years (ridiculous as we really look after our appliances .

Can anyone tell me which iron to buy next as I just don't know anymore....

PhilipsPhilips
Darion

Thanks for your concern,I have now purchased another Tefal but spent a little more and paid for an additional 2 years warranty so hopefully this one lasts longer than 2 years.

AQ+

AQ+Perth

Great little iron !

Philips S.Philips

Hello AQ+, thank you for taking the time to write a review, and such a wonderful one at that! We appreciate the feedback and we're very happy to hear you've been loving the Steam Iron so far.
The Philips Australia Team

Eddietheeagle

EddietheeagleSydney

Not a good design.

I used this for a few months and couldn't put up with the water leaking and dripping down the handle. As mentioned to water filling is poor design. The weight and soleplate were good but the temperature control was average.
Ended up contacting Philips and arranged to take it back, got a Tefal and it is so much better.

Frustration over reheating

I have always used Sunbeam irons and decided to have a change with the Phillips Azur GC4855. I could not stand the heat up process which starts almost as soon as you use the iron, it takes some time then to come back to the set temperature.I put the iron in the cupboard and used the old one again, trying the Phillips again now and it will go back in the cupboard! Frustrating. Filling it is a pain and I have overfilled it twice, can't see when it is full. All in all I found it very disappointing.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Robyn, thank you for your review. We'll make sure your feedback reaches our product team. In case you would like to discuss further, you can reach us at 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Kind regards, Philips Australia

Curlly GuySydney

This iron works well. A happy workhorse.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for both your review and your update! Great to read everything is still working as it should! :)

KK

KKMelbourne

Okay

I picked this model over the bulky steam-reserve irons and it's heavy next-gen brother, but I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed. Compared to our 10-year-old previous iron, there's not that much more bang for your buck. For the steam to have any real added benefit, it needs to be on 4/5, which depletes the reservoir quite quickly (3 shirts/refill). The creases also don't fall out as well as I would expect for the price point and recommendations.
Price, weight, power steam
No off button, wrinkle-removing ability

Macca

Macca

Had to take up weight lifting to use this iron

Thought I was purchasing a great iron, but after trying to iron with it for more than 15 minutes, my arm starts to ache. The grooved sides of the iron which are supposed to help you get small spaces, keeps catching on the garment and creases it again. Always seem to be having to refill it. Dislike it immensly
NIce looking iron
Too heavy, having to refill more than normal, and catches on the clothes you are trying to iron.

BertoSydney

An iron that works!

Berto

Just a quick follow up. This iron is still going strong. Some build up on muck on the iron plate which was removed by ironing some rock salt.

Everything else is perfect, still highly recommend

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your valuable feedback Berto!

Berto

Thought I would come back after two years and report that it is still going strong. The iron plate needs an odd clean (once a year by ironing rock salt) otherwise my review is still as above

vdondina

vdondinaSydney

Would be perfect if it didn't drip.

Bought this iron based on all these great reviews because my old Sunbeam kept cutting out the power in the house. Yes the iron glides beautifully and makes lots of steam but it drips water on your clothes all the time while ironing and leaks water too. The lid for the water compartment doesn't close properly either. Returned it straight away and bought the Tefal Express Easy Control which was on sale for $299 at Myer and haven't looked back.
steam, easy glide
drips and leaks water, noisy, poor quality water lid

Gana

GanaHomebush, New South Wales

Makes ironing an ease

Bought this iron based on reviews here and wasn't disappointed. Glides effortlessly across shirts which for me is the litmus test and is reasonably priced. Steam power is great as it gets into the shirt removing creases easily. It is quite loud at times and on occasion makes a crackling sound but this doesn't bother me.
Steam power

Matthew Robinsonasked

I used our Azur iron today and worked fine, just tried to use it again and when you turn it on, the Auto/Off light flashes 3 times and the iron doesn’t turn on :(
What can we do as this is only about 2 years old?

Hi Matthew,

thank you for your question. Our team of product experts would like to get in touch to help out, would you mind reaching out to them through them through 1300 363 391 for Australia or 0800 658 224 for New Zealand?

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

Kartini Aziz
Kartini Aziz

can u just answer hereeeee..because lots of people facing this kind of problem

Matthew Robinson

After contacting Philips direct they replaced the iron free of charge.

Julie

Julieasked

How can I stop my Philips Azur steam glide iron from continually dripping when I iron?

Hello Julie.

Thanks for submitting your question here. There may be 3 main reasons for the water dripping:

1) Steam is used when the temperature of the iron is set too low. Refer to the appropriate section of the instruction booklet and turn the temperature up to an appropriate level. Let the iron heat up in the heel-rest position for one minute before you resume ironing.

2) Your iron produces a lot of steam. Steam could have condensed on the board cover, making it wet and causing water marks on your garment when the iron is pressed on it.

3) Ironing aids or fragrance water could have been added to the water tank. This stops the steaming function, causing water to leak. Use only tap water or distilled water or a mixed of these two types of water.

The Philips Australia team

Sharon

Sharonasked

Hello. The dial on my iron has suddenly stopped turning. It is stuck on cotton. I'm always very careful to turn the dial off when it's not in use. Is there something I can do?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Sharon, thanks for asking. Please call us on 1300 363 391 (if you are in Australia) or contact us via Facebook or Twitter. We’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives