Philips Lumea Prestige IPL

Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Questions & Answers

BRI956/00, BRI956/60, BRI959/00, etc...

34 questions from our users

Cosete

Coseteasked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi! I bought my machine in February 2021, I used the machine twice and there were marks on the machine's glass window. And I don't know if I should continue using it, if the machine has any problems?

Hello,
Thank you for submitting a review. We always recommend cleaning properly after use. This meaning: (1) unplugging and letting the device cool down, (2) removing the attachment of your IPL, (3) with a damp cloth cleaning through both the attachment and the light exit screen, and (4) storing device and attachment in a dust free place after the parts are dry.

If there are other particular worries as to the nature of these marks, we'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Lin M

Lin Masked

Lumea Prestige IPL BRI956/60

Can the Lumea prestige 1956 be used with a US power adapter?

zhraaraad84

zhraaraad84asked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi , i have used Lumea once and get good results but during the second section I did mistake that I was using the bikini head on my leg , and I’m worrying now if that will be dangerous on my skin or will affect on my leg hairs treatment badly ?
And should i do the section with the body head again or not ?
Pls answer me !!!

zoii

zoiiasked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi there I m really interested in buying Philips lumena prestige but I want to know can I use it on vaginal hair...is it safe to use n is it effective???pls also if there is any other option which u can guide me or this is the best one?

Noor

Noorasked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi, I’m using IPL machine since last November and today while i was Using it on my legs and I noticed that there were a crack on the inner side of the glass. The machine is working perfectly but I was worried if it is safe to use it like this. Is that possible to replace it or repair it as I still have Warranty?

Amrita S.

Amrita S.asked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi! I just got my Philips Lumea prestige 1.5 weeks ago! I was doing a treatment last night and notice that in my body attachment, there seem to be discolouration and dot marks showing up that i cant wipe away with a soft cloth... why is this happening and is this normal?? They’re quite visible to the naked eye, is this a faulty product?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for sharing. That doesn't sound right. We'd gladly have a look at that. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ).

Suranshi T.

Suranshi T.asked

Lumea Prestige BRI959/00

Hi is the bri 959 model fda approved ?

Gelo

Geloasked

Lumea Prestige BRI959/00

hi I would like to buy an extra head for my Philips Lumea BRI959 / 00 I dropped the largest head and it broke . can I order a new head?

Hello Gelo,

Thanks for your question. We'd be happy to further assist you with your query via phone or WhatsApp. If you're in New Zealand you can call us on 0800 658 224 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or WhatsApp us on +61 435328251 (add number in your WhatsApp contacts) from Monday to Saturday: 09:00am – 09:00pm (chat only). If you're in Australia: 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST and Whatsapp is +61 435328251 from Monday to Saturday: 07:00am – 07:00pm EST (chat only).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Nat

Natasked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi. The Philips Lumea Prestige was working wonderfully on my bikini area. But now after the 4th try, the orange light has started to come on in certain intimate areas of my bikini, where as before - I was able to go over that area and the White light would come on. Why is this ? And do I need a new machine ? I've tried turning the strength down from button 3 to button 1 but the light still goes Orange in some areas whereas before it didn't. Please advise?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Nat - thank you for your question on here. We can see that it's quite strange that on a certain body part the device doesn't seem to work as expected anymore. Usually a reason why it won't flash anymore is because of perhaps being tanned so much that the skin-tone sensor prevents the device from flashing. But it might also be that there's some dirt on the sensor itself, preventing it from doing an accurate reading. We would recommend cleaning the attachment and the sensor, and seeing if that might solve the matter.

If that didn't help, then we would recommend to get in touch with us directly by phone on 1300 363 391 (AU or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Alternatively you could also reach us on http://philips.com/support/ if you're located elsewhere, or if you would prefer other means of contact.

We hope this can be sorted out soon.

Ddd

Dddasked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi I have the IPL and when I use it at the bikini are the light turns orange and it does not work what it the solution for this because I tried another hair remove devices and they worked perfectly?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. When the lights flash orange it can mean that your skin is not suitable for the use with the Lumea. You can find in the manuel what skin typer are suitable. We hope this answers your question.

For any other questions, feel free to contact our product team, via 1300 363 391 (Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST). Our colleagues will gladly assist you!

Jovan T.

Jovan T.asked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Numbers on the top, level buttona from 1to 5 are sparkling all the time, i have to restart it. Please help

Philips S.Philips

Hello there, Jovan, thank you for reaching out. That sounds odd and we would like to investigate this further for you. Please feel free to reach out to our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. Then we can help you further with this.

Kind Regards

Annie

Annieasked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi there. Just bought the Lumea prestige BRI956 a few days back and did my first treatment today
I wanted to ask why some areas on almost all parts of my body that I treated hurt extremely bad (i.e; legs,arms,bikini,underarms and stomach) Some areas on all these parts hurt too bad I was almost about to scream. I’ve read a lot about this device that’s why I decided to buy it and I don’t wanna leave a bad review based on one bad treatment so I thought I’ll consult one of you guys first and get professional advice.
So basically some areas got red, hurt very bad it was a prettyyyyy severe prick.
Lastly, another problem that I had which really bothered me is that the ready light on the decide turned orange on almost all of my bikini area even though I’ve read which areas in the bikini I can safely use it on and I made sure to target the head onto those but the light was orange and I just couldn’t use it on my bikini. The main purpose why I got this device was cuz it Callum’s to do bikini area (most parts of it) but it’s just not working on the area.
Please I’m actually stressed and upset as it was a big investment I made but I absolutely loved the device and what it claims to do so I hope you could help me get a positive experience next time.
Waiting for your response :)

Philips S.Philips

Hi Annie, thanks for flagging this with us. We're sorry to hear that you've experienced issues when using the Lumea. For assistance, feel free to contact our product team via 1300 363 391 (Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST). Our colleagues will gladly assist you!

toy

toyasked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi, I had a LUMEA FOR MEN. Wondering if i can use it to get rid of facial hair at chin & lips area? Or is it possible to buy the facial attachment accessories somewhere?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Toy, unfortunately, it is not possible to use Lumea for Men to remove facial fair, due to the difference in its structure and coarseness. There also isn't an attachment at the moment which could be used for facial hair. We hope this answers your question. If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to reach out to our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Farah M.

Farah M.asked

Lumea Prestige IPL

I am on my 5th use of the machine, everything was going good until my last session. I Just started with my legs this is the first session, and when i was cleaning afterward I realised the inner glass winndow on the machine itself is suddenly all chipped up. I have followed all the instructions and did nothing differently, They are not cracks there are little holes all over it. Ive only had it for a year and 3 months so my warranty is still valid, but im worried about how long it will take or if they will fix it during this time in quarantine. Have there been similar cases and how long does it need to me fixed?

Hello Farah,

Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear about your experience. For further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'll be happy to help.

salma e.asked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Can I use the body or face attachment for bikini area?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Salma, thank you for your question. For the bikini area we advise you to use the bikini attachment and not the body or face attachment. Feel free to return to us, if you have further questions!

salma e.

Hi Philips Australia team.
Thank you for your response.
I’m using Lumea BRI950 with face and body attachments only. Can I buy the bikini attachment and use it with the BRI950 model or use the face attachment for bikini area as it also contains an additional filter.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry for the late reply, Salma. We kindly advise you to contact our colleagues directly via the below number for further assistance:

Call us
1300 363 391

Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST

Nargiz U.asked

Lumea Prestige IPL

I bought the product last week. Yesterday I started using it. After about 10-15 flashes it stops flashing and the ready light is off and it does not get ready again. The battery was full when I started using it. I was wondering what is the reason it stops the ready flash?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Nargiz, thank you for flagging this with us. It's unfortunate to hear that your Lumea stopped working. We advise you to contact our product team via: 1300 363 391 (Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST). Our colleagues will gladly assist you!

Nargiz U.

Hi Philips Australia Team. Thank you for your response.

I have figured out the reason why the Lumea did not show the ready light is that I did not cover the screen of the machine fully on my skin. I read the instruction book but probably missed this part.

My apologizes for a false alarm.

With kind regards, Nargiz

Kevin

Kevinasked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Does the Philips Lumea Prestige for women work for men’s back hair?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Kevin, thank you for your question! We'd like to inform you that men could use the Lumea Prestige on most areas of the body (like the back). Men should not use the device on the beard and the whole genital area. If there's anything else you'd like to know, then don't hesitate to get in touch again. Wishing you a nice rest of the week.

Ezzi

Ezziasked

Lumea Prestige IPL

Can you use this on legs while pregnant?
I’ve had enough of shaving and having regrowth the following day!

Philips S.Philips

Hi Ezzi. Thanks for your valid question. The Lumea Prestige has not been tested on pregnant women and therefore, we recommend against using it for the time being. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to our product team: 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or 1300 363 391 (AU) from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Philips Australia Team.

nada.sewafiee

nada.sewafieeasked

Lumea Prestige IPL BRI956/60

Can i use while the sensor has a crack?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry. We recommend that you do not use the device if the skin color sensor is cracked or broken. Please know that my colleagues and i are happy to help you resolve this issue. We’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). You can also reach us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ)

We hope to speak to you soon.

Sandy Masked

Lumea Prestige IPL

When you say the colour of hair. Is that your hair on your head or the hair on your body?

Hi Sandy,

This is a good question! When using our Lumea Prestige, it is advisable to check the color of your body hair (the parts which you are going to treat) if it would be suitable. You can check out the skin tone and hair color chart here: https://www.philips.co.uk/c-f/XC000003324/is-philips-lumea-suitable-for-all-skin-and-hair-types

Should you need assistance in the future, our lines are open to answer your call: 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm) in Australia and 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. Please allow some time to process the call due to the current circumstances.

Have a wonderful week!

Sandy M

Thank you for that. Another question is because I’m a little older, I have some darker pigment on my legs, does that mean it won’t work on those spots?

Hi again Sandy,

Thanks for your question. We cannot guarantee for now. Although, we may advise that you give it a try, to see if it would work.

Have a lovely day!

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Philips Lumea Prestige IPL