Philips Lumea Prestige IPL

Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Questions & Answers

BRI956/60, BRI959/00, BRI954/60, etc...

10 questions from our users

Tom Anderson

Tom Andersonasked

Dear sir/madam,
"
Why is it adviced against using the Lumea on the scalp?
On a site from Philips site I read that: Recent research shows that men could use Philips Lumea on most areas of the body, except the beard (due to different hair type, thicker and coarser hair), the whole genital areas.

Kind regards

Hi there Tom,

Thank you for reaching out. The IPL technology works by heating up the pigment (melanin) in the hair and hair root underneath the skin. This stimulates the hair follicle to go into a resting phase. This causes hair to shed naturally and inhibits further hair growth. Therefore, it is not recommended to be used on the scalp.
If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out to us on 1300 363 391 )Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST).
Hope this helps!

Norin allu

Norin alluasked

Hi: Please advise if the Phillips Lumea Prestige can be used over a tatoo located on the thigh?

Koni C.
Koni C.

No it cannot be used on area that has tattoo

Philips S.Philips

Hi Norin, thank you for your question. Like Koni already said, the Lumea can't be used on areas on the body with tattoos. If you have further questions feel free to reach out to us!

Joanna W.

Joanna W.asked

Is this product safe to use on the face, in particular around the chin and lip area ? Also, can you please confirm if it works on fair hair, as well as dark hair ?

Priya
Priya

Hi I have medium to fair skin and very dark hair. I have used it on face too and its perfectly safe to use. The only problem I have is we have to shave before using any IPL device. So for the first time I shaved my face I got some rashes. After IPL sessions the hair growth reduced so not much shaving required now, so comparatively less irritated skin

Philips S.Philips

Hi Joanna, thanks for asking.
Lumea is safe and gentle enough to treat your face with the device. Lumea Prestige series is suitable for use on skin type one to skin type five. Lumea Advanced and Lumea Essential series are suitable for skin type one to skin type four.

None of the Lumea models are suitable for use on light blonde, white, grey or red hair. Please find more advice below.

Nazak

Nazakasked

I have a BR1950 device which I have just used 5 times . The battery seems to be fully charged but all the lights are flashing continuously when the device is on. I bought the device less than a year ago but I am not sure if I can find the box. I would be grateful if you could advice me how to proceed.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for asking. That doesn't sound good and we like to get in touch and see how we can help. Please contact our experts directly via the below link for further assistance: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=PERSONAL_CARE_GR%2BHAIRCARE_CA

We hope to hear from you soon.

Demure H.

Demure H.asked

Can i use the lumea in genital parts?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for asking. Lumea is safe and gentle enough to treat the pubic/bikini area. Please find advice for both females and males below.

Antonio

Antonioasked

Hello. I have some question if you can answer me.
Can I use this product at the Hair area? At some part of my head I do not have hair, and I want to do with this product all head if I do not have diffrence than.
The second question is, can I use this product on genitalia.
Thank you for answers.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Antonio, thank you for your question. Good thing you've asked, as we do advise against using the Lumea on your head-hair at all. Female users however, are able to use the Lumea on their upper-lip or chin, but as the hair type of men is a bit different, we advise against using it on your face altogether. To answer the second part of your question; males can't use the Lumea on genitalia, but females should be wary of the mucous areas as well. If you need more specific information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ).

KAT Y.

KAT Y.asked

Where can I buy the Philips BRI956/60 in the united states

hajer

hajerasked

hi
my device in new i only did three treatments and now im supposed to do the 4th one but my bikini attachment stopped working , when i plug it in nothing happens its like there isn't any attachment plugged :")
what should i do or how can i fix it ?
ps : its not broken or cracked

Philips S.Philips

Hello there. Thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to contact our colleagues here https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=PERSONAL_CARE_GR%2BHAIRCARE_CA for further assistance. They should be able to answer all your questions.

Mona

Monaasked

Lumea Prestige IPL BRI956/60

I just got BRI956 I used it 4 times so far the third and forth usage was extremely disappointed. I have two issues about this device and I'd be happy to assist me. 1) in third usage the battery lighted orange. I plugged the device and immediately the device charge was completed " white lights lighted continuously". 2) Also, the third and forth usage, the lights of ready lights white but the flash isn't working I mean no flash. Please help me with solutions I live in Saudi Arabia and I bought it from Saudi Arabia

lgravo
lgravo

It sounds like it is not charging properly. I would keep it plugged in for 2 hours and see if it works then. Sometimes it is the battery that is at fault.
If you bought it within the last year it should be fixed by the company free of charge.
Here, in Australia, we have 2 years guaranteed. So contact the place you got it from and have them fix it.
I also do an internet search with charging issues and your model to see if others have had problems.
Hope it works again soon!

Philips S.Philips

Hi Mona. Thank you for your question. You're correct the battery light starts flashing in white whilst having your Lumea on charge. The orange light is just to indicate the battery is running low when it is in use. Fully charging the battery takes up to 1 hour and 40 minutes, but there is no indication light that will show you when it is fully charged. Regarding the flashing not working, this can be caused by multiple things, such as no proper contact with the skin or if the attachment windows aren't clean. In order to have this investigated, we recommend getting in contact with your local team. You can find their contact options here: https://bit.ly/2Nyz77j. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Sara Ahmad

Sara Ahmadasked

Lumea Prestige IPL BRI956/60

What’s wrong with my device?
The ready to flash indicator is working but when I press the botton, there is no flash???

Hi there,

Thank you for asking your question here. We're sorry to hear your Lumea Prestige doesn't seem to be working properly anymore. We'd like to see how we can help. Does this occur when the device is pointed towards the skin, as if you're going to use it, as well? And this may sound obvious, but have you made sure the Lumea is fully charged? In case these tips don't make a difference, would you please contact our Customer Service Line? Our colleagues can be reach on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) and they would be happy to assist you further.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives