GC3929/64, GC3920/24

• Safety
Gabby

GabbyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed

This iron does not get hot enough. It leaks water onto the clothes. It is 3 months old as does not need to be descaled/calcium cleaned. Ironing linens and 100% cottons is agonising with this iron. I feel that I need to put so much pressure onto the iron/board in order to get the creases out. When using the steam burst the iron needs to be refilled with monotonous regularity. As a consumer who has always purchased Philips products (it's a Dutch thing!) I am really disappointed.

After submitting this review I received feedback from Philips - they advised me to descale the iron - despite me advising that that it wasn’t necessary. I have descaled this iron countless times in the last 2 months - to no avail.

Purchased in January 2021 at David Jones for $139.00.

Margo

MargoSydney, NSW

Disappointed

I replaced an old Phillips iron with this one and I am disappointed with its performance.
Cord - firstly the cord is far too short, necessitating the use of an extension cord.
Leaks - from the outset it leaked water on the clothes I was ironing. I tried to return it to bing lee carlingford and was unsuccessful as I could not replicate the problem in store.
Heat - it does not get hot enough - unsuitable for heavy cotton and linen fabrics.
Steam - the water needs to be topped up frequently when ironing.
I will be replacing it with another iron.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee.

Tracy South East Queensland, QLD

Not hot enough & leaves water on the clothes.

I bought this Iron a week ago and it is terrible. It doesn’t get hot enough to get the creases out and it leaves water all over the clothes. It also goes through a lot of water. I am taking it back.

Purchased in February 2021 at Myer for $150.00.

Tracy

No the light is not on. I purchased it two weeks ago so I’m not sure why it doesn’t get hot.

Val

ValSydney, NSW

Not fit for purpose

This iron's technology is automatic where it somehow is suppose to sense the fabric it is ironing. How this can be practical has shown in the performance of the iron....it can't. It cannot heat up high enough for shirts, jeans, tea towels and makes for a very ordinary job. There is a 'flick switch' which indicates to the user that it will enable higher steam, but the switch is not intended to stay on in this model....perhaps the over $200 model. It is also very heavy with a half tank of water. I returned it the following day.

Purchased in January 2021 for $130.00.

Overpriced and leaves water on clothes

Not worth the high price. Does the job, but so do other cheaper irons that have a manual temperature control. But mostly, it is so annoying that it regularly leaves spots of water on the clothes. Also does an ordinary job of ironing linen and other materials that need a high temperature to remove creases.

L.L

L.LSydney

Modern look and good to use

I bought my Phillips Perfect Care iron from Amazon. It has a modern design and fast heating ability. But it does not clearly show the water level due to the dark black colour of the indicator, this needs to be improved.

Purchased in May 2019 at Amazon for $119.00.

FoxBearSydney

FoxBearSydneySydney, NSW

Good Iron but cord is too short 1.9m

Good iron with auto-fabric sensor so you can't physically set the temperature (there is no control for temperature setting). I use the steam function a lot and this iron didn't drip water. Product works well with different fabric from jeans, business shirt, and T-Shirt with big printed pictures in the front (ironed from the inside).
Only disadvantage is the short 1.9m cord. basically you have to be right next to the electrical outlet and be using an extension cord. most other iron products have 3 meter length cords and the 1 meter really makes a difference in this case.
Philips in the future perhaps do actual customer testing on the prototypes.

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones for $114.00.

Hi David,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We have registered you're feedback and we are happy to hear you are satisfied with the performance of the iron.

VV

VVMelbourne

Awesome Steam Generation

Awesome Iron unit and steam generation. I was worried a bit as there is no manual option to control temperature on the machine, however as I used the machine I was happy that the iron automatically adjusts to the texture of the clothes - never again burn your clothes or have those nasty too-hot marks on the clothes. The only issue I have with this iron is that it is not easy to see the remaining water in the tank and hence 4-stars... overall quite happy with the product.

Purchased in April 2019.

Light weight Iron.

Good iron not as good as the last one I bought. Its doesnt get hot enough at times. Like the fact its temperature controlled and light weight to hold.

Not happy with Philips as they had a cash back offer, still waiting for it after months of emailing them. They say they will respond but never do. Totally ignoring all my emails so dont rely on any cash back offers! Not happy philips with sales after service!!!!!

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

MaRia

Thanks for the contack, but I dont have a phone hence the emails. I do get the auto email saying they will get back to me, yet they never have and this has being going on since last year when I bought the iron. Thanks MaRia

Burnt-Twice

Burnt-TwiceAU

Works Really Well

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Online Store for $99.00.

Melissa

MelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy to Recommend

I bought my Phillips Perfect Care iron from David Jones online a month ago, and I can honestly say I am very happy with it. I have previously only ever used Sunbeam irons and I am definitely a Phillips convert now. I especially love the ultra smooth sole plate that glides perfectly over any type of fabric. It has very powerful steam which is great, although this does mean it uses water quickly. I agree with a previous reviewer that it is also a little hard to see how much water is actually left in the tank because of the dark colour of the iron. I also feel that the cord is too short but is easily solved with a short extension cord. Otherwise very happy to recommend.

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $110.00.

Jo Jones

Jo Jones

Efficient and effective iron

Purchased in March 2019.

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Second worst iron I have ever used.

Very disappointed with the iron. It doesn’t ever heat up enough to iron shirts, the cord is far too short and I put off ironing for as long as possible. Will never buy Phillips again.

Purchased in July 2018.

Disappointed

Thanks for getting back to me but the iron has been bad from the start and I just want to change brands as quickly as possible.

I liked it!

I'm very happy with this Iron, It works good in condition this product is gentle with clothes and particularly delicate s, i'm really satisfied with way of condition and functionality thanks...!

Purchased in April 2019.

Philips S.Philips

Hello Alex, thank you for your feedback on our PerfectCare. We're happy to hear you're satisfied with its performance! We're always here to assist you if you find yourself in need of any tips or tricks.

Hemsley

HemsleySouth East Queensland, QLD

IRON MAN

After 3 months it's a great product with my only complaint being that in low light it's very hard to determine the water level through the dark tinted water chamber.
Water is easy to fill via the tap directly without spillage.
The auto heat setting has so far performed very well on all fabrics types from denim to delicate blouse/shirts.
Power cord is a good length and easily wraps around the base for storage and though it doesn't have a retainer clip like my last iron which i luckily kept and use. Steam function is good and water spray also provides a good mist to remove stubborn creases.
with daily ironing the base has no burn marks and is as good as new.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for sharing the valuable feedback. The iron man is nice way to put it. :) Glad to hear the overall experience is great and we hope you can use the product for a long time to come.

BM_and_CC_Adelaide

BM_and_CC_AdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent iron but with a short cord

The selling point of this iron for us was the optimaltemp feature... no need to set the temp for anything. It was also on sale (down to $89). And it really works. We have ironed skil through to jeans with no problems.
Steam control is great no leaks or drips.
The only downside is the short cord. It's not very practical having to be near the power point or using an extension cord.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for taking your time to write this review and for sharing the valuable feedback. Glad to hear it does the job right. :)

Yvonne

Yvonne

Cord too short.

Im very happy with the functionality of this iron. I can work through a pile of clothes without having to sort them in to the temperature requirements. It works well on nylon through to jeans with lots of steam. The big let down is the length of the cord. My electric socket is right beside the iron board and still it is not long enough to get to the tip of my board. Its a real pain having to use an extension cable. Id rather pay more to get a longer cord. The cord length should be stated on the box like everything else about the iron. I now know why its not advertised. Shame Philips have produced a good product but let it down with a basic fault.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Susan S.

Susan S.asked

PerfectCare

How to work your inbuilt calcium clean

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for reaching out to us. The following steps will explain to you how to clean your Philips PerfectCare: First of all, fill the water tank halfway and ensure that your steam generator is turned on. If your iron has a temperature dial with CALC CLEAN setting, set the dial to CALC CLEAN. Then, place your iron on the SMART CALC CLEAN container. The container was provided with your steam generator in the box. Press and hold the CALC CLEAN button for 2 seconds, until it beeps. NOTE: For some models, the calc-clean button is in front of the iron handle. The iron will start to clean itself, this will take about 2 minutes. When your steam generator stops beeping and the CALC CLEAN light stops flashing, the cleaning process is complete. Use a clean towel to dry the soleplate. You are now ready to keep ironing! We would like to inform you that we're here for you in case you need our help.

Jeff H.

Jeff H.asked

PerfectCare

Why doesn't the perfectcare iron have a temperature setting?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jeff, the temperature and steam function adjusts automatically - no dials or settings are needed. You can read more about it here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/GC3920_24/perfectcare-steam-iron. :)

Jennyasked

PerfectCare GC3920/24

Is it easy to see the water level in this iron?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jenny. Thanks for your question. The Philips PerfectCare has a water level indicator on the left side of the device. This should make it pretty easy to check, and sure you don't overfill it. :) Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

It looks too dark to see through. I am also concerned about the fact that there is no temperature dial. I iron a lot of cotton & denim & I have heard it doesn't get hot enough to iron cotton & denim.

Philips S.Philips

Those are valid concerns, Jenny. Fortunately, this iron is equipped with the OptimalTEMP technology, which enables you to iron all types of ironable fabrics, in any order, without adjusting the iron temperature and without sorting your garments. As for the water level indicator, it should be perfectly fine to see through - but you're always welcome to let us know should this not be the case, or to have a look at our irons in different colors if you prefer. We hope this is helpful!

Kind Regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Compare both Philips PerfectCare
Colour / FinishBlue
Steam Output45 g/min
Power2,400 W
Weight1.5 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare both Philips PerfectCare