Philips PerfectCare

See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Philips Domestic Appliances

2.7
  • Product is used
  • Safety
kingsmill
kingsmillPerth, WA

Extremely disappointed

I purchased my Perfect Care Steam Iron one month ago and I am so disappointed. This is my first steam only iron and I had high expectations that it would work perfectly. As with some of the other reviews it leaks water while ironing, the cord is short and the water cord itself often gets in the way while ironing. I have persevered with it but I've had enough and will be returning it tomorrow.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $475.

CateMil
CateMilSydney, NSW

Horrible iron

The iron has no heat control & does not heat up enough, therefore I need to work much harder to get good results. I also cannot see the water level easily with the dark brown & black colour & the cord is shorter, so I have to use an extension cord. I have always used Philips irons, but no longer.

Purchased in at Myer Online Store for $135.

Alison
AlisonSydney, NSW

Extremely disappointed

AnitaSydney, NSW

Worst iron I have ever owned

Bought this iron today and couldn't wait to use it. I read the instructions and fired her up. It is the first non temperature dial iron I have owned. I started off with some hankies, and it didn't seem hot enough - it could not get the wrinkles out. Then I tried steaming only, and ironing 5, 6 times over. It failed. Anything that doesn't get a hankie flat is not going to work with a linen shirt! It is going back tomorrow.

Purchased in at David Jones for $99.

• Incentivised Review No
Anita

I'm thankful you replied. But I am sorry, the iron could not flatten cotton, even with a burst of steam, so I have sent it back today. Back to a temperature specific iron. Thanks.

Gabby
GabbyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed

This iron does not get hot enough. It leaks water onto the clothes. It is 3 months old as does not need to be descaled/calcium cleaned. Ironing linens and 100% cottons is agonising with this iron. I feel that I need to put so much pressure onto the iron/board in order to get the creases out. When using the steam burst the iron needs to be refilled with monotonous regularity. As a consumer who has always purchased Philips products (it's a Dutch thing!) I am really disappointed.

After submitting this review I received feedback from Philips - they advised me to descale the iron - despite me advising that that it wasn’t necessary. I have descaled this iron countless times in the last 2 months - to no avail.

Purchased in at David Jones for $139.

Margo
MargoSydney, NSW

Disappointed

I replaced an old Phillips iron with this one and I am disappointed with its performance.
Cord - firstly the cord is far too short, necessitating the use of an extension cord.
Leaks - from the outset it leaked water on the clothes I was ironing. I tried to return it to bing lee carlingford and was unsuccessful as I could not replicate the problem in store.
Heat - it does not get hot enough - unsuitable for heavy cotton and linen fabrics.
Steam - the water needs to be topped up frequently when ironing.
I will be replacing it with another iron.

Purchased in at Bing Lee.

Tracy South East Queensland, QLD

Not hot enough & leaves water on the clothes.

I bought this Iron a week ago and it is terrible. It doesn’t get hot enough to get the creases out and it leaves water all over the clothes. It also goes through a lot of water. I am taking it back.

Purchased in at Myer for $150.

Tracy

No the light is not on. I purchased it two weeks ago so I’m not sure why it doesn’t get hot.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
Val
ValSydney, NSW

Not fit for purpose

This iron's technology is automatic where it somehow is suppose to sense the fabric it is ironing. How this can be practical has shown in the performance of the iron....it can't. It cannot heat up high enough for shirts, jeans, tea towels and makes for a very ordinary job. There is a 'flick switch' which indicates to the user that it will enable higher steam, but the switch is not intended to stay on in this model....perhaps the over $200 model. It is also very heavy with a half tank of water. I returned it the following day.

Purchased in for $130.

Overpriced and leaves water on clothes

Not worth the high price. Does the job, but so do other cheaper irons that have a manual temperature control. But mostly, it is so annoying that it regularly leaves spots of water on the clothes. Also does an ordinary job of ironing linen and other materials that need a high temperature to remove creases.

L.L
L.LSydney

Modern look and good to use

I bought my Phillips Perfect Care iron from Amazon. It has a modern design and fast heating ability. But it does not clearly show the water level due to the dark black colour of the indicator, this needs to be improved.

Purchased in at Amazon for $119.

FoxBearSydney
FoxBearSydneySydney, NSW

Good Iron but cord is too short 1.9m

Good iron with auto-fabric sensor so you can't physically set the temperature (there is no control for temperature setting). I use the steam function a lot and this iron didn't drip water. Product works well with different fabric from jeans, business shirt, and T-Shirt with big printed pictures in the front (ironed from the inside).
Only disadvantage is the short 1.9m cord. basically you have to be right next to the electrical outlet and be using an extension cord. most other iron products have 3 meter length cords and the 1 meter really makes a difference in this case.
Philips in the future perhaps do actual customer testing on the prototypes.

Purchased in at David Jones for $114.

Hi David,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We have registered you're feedback and we are happy to hear you are satisfied with the performance of the iron.
Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

VV
VVMelbourne

Awesome Steam Generation

Awesome Iron unit and steam generation. I was worried a bit as there is no manual option to control temperature on the machine, however as I used the machine I was happy that the iron automatically adjusts to the texture of the clothes - never again burn your clothes or have those nasty too-hot marks on the clothes. The only issue I have with this iron is that it is not easy to see the remaining water in the tank and hence 4-stars... overall quite happy with the product.

Purchased in .

Light weight Iron.

Good iron not as good as the last one I bought. Its doesnt get hot enough at times. Like the fact its temperature controlled and light weight to hold.

Not happy with Philips as they had a cash back offer, still waiting for it after months of emailing them. They say they will respond but never do. Totally ignoring all my emails so dont rely on any cash back offers! Not happy philips with sales after service!!!!!

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi for $250.

MaRia

Thanks for the contack, but I dont have a phone hence the emails. I do get the auto email saying they will get back to me, yet they never have and this has being going on since last year when I bought the iron. Thanks MaRia

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-TwiceAU

Works Really Well

Purchased in at Myer Online Store for $99.

Melissa
MelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy to Recommend

I bought my Phillips Perfect Care iron from David Jones online a month ago, and I can honestly say I am very happy with it. I have previously only ever used Sunbeam irons and I am definitely a Phillips convert now. I especially love the ultra smooth sole plate that glides perfectly over any type of fabric. It has very powerful steam which is great, although this does mean it uses water quickly. I agree with a previous reviewer that it is also a little hard to see how much water is actually left in the tank because of the dark colour of the iron. I also feel that the cord is too short but is easily solved with a short extension cord. Otherwise very happy to recommend.

Purchased in at David Jones Online Store for $110.