Philips PerfectCare

Philips PerfectCare

GC3920/24 and GC3929/64

Works Really Well

This iron has no temperature control, which is very unnerving when you use it for the first time. That is, the normal dial where it goes from silks/delicates all the way up to cotton/linen does not exist.

But the weird thing is that it works well for all fabrics. You just turn the iron on, place it over the fabric, and away you go. It does not suddenly melt rayon or polyester, it's just the right heat. And for cotton pants or jeans, it's piping hot and the shot of steam is excellent.

Easy to fill, it's not too heavy when filled with water, and glides easily over clothes.

I did try out my previous iron the other day and realised why I stopped using it - it's just to fiddly to get the temperature setting right and it burns fabric and/or doesn't iron creases out fully.

Give it a go, if it doesn't work as claimed you can always take it back for a refund.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Online Store for $99.00.

Happy to Recommend

I bought my Phillips Perfect Care iron from David Jones online a month ago, and I can honestly say I am very happy with it. I have previously only ever used Sunbeam irons and I am definitely a Phillips convert now. I especially love the ultra smooth sole plate that glides perfectly over any type of fabric. It has very powerful steam which is great, although this does mean it uses water quickly. I agree with a previous reviewer that it is also a little hard to see how much water is actually left in the tank because of the dark colour of the iron. I also feel that the cord is too short but is easily solved with a short extension cord. Otherwise very happy to recommend.

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $110.00.

Efficient and effective iron

I wanted an easy to use iron and the sales assistant recommended this Phillips iron to me. It has an auto setting which means I don't need to fiddle around with a dial trying to get the right temperature for the fabric I am ironing. I can still use the steam and spray functions when necessary if I am looking for a little more oomph. It's very easy to use and irons well. I especially love the auto off feature so I don't have to worry if I accidentally leave it on. It uses up water quickly so I have to refill the water tank more frequently than other irons I have owned. The only slight negative is that the cord is too short but I can use an extension cord to combat this. As well, the water cup should probably be bigger given that this is a thirsty iron when set to auto. Other than that, highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2019.

Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

Second worst iron I have ever used.

Very disappointed with the iron. It doesn’t ever heat up enough to iron shirts, the cord is far too short and I put off ironing for as long as possible. Will never buy Phillips again.

Purchased in July 2018.

Product is used: Occasionally
Clothing Material Cotton
Hi there. Thanks for sharing your experience with the Philips PerfectCare. It's unfortunate to hear it hasn't been living up to your expectations, and we can understand this is very frustrating. We recommend reaching out to our colleagues at: 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). Hopefully they can make you enjoy using your PerfectCare again. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThanks for getting back to me but the iron has been bad from the start and I just want to change brands as quickly as possible.

I liked it!

I'm very happy with this Iron, It works good in condition this product is gentle with clothes and particularly delicate s, i'm really satisfied with way of condition and functionality thanks...!

Purchased in April 2019.

Hello Alex, thank you for your feedback on our PerfectCare. We're happy to hear you're satisfied with its performance! We're always here to assist you if you find yourself in need of any tips or tricks. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

IRON MAN

After 3 months it's a great product with my only complaint being that in low light it's very hard to determine the water level through the dark tinted water chamber.
Water is easy to fill via the tap directly without spillage.
The auto heat setting has so far performed very well on all fabrics types from denim to delicate blouse/shirts.
Power cord is a good length and easily wraps around the base for storage and though it doesn't have a retainer clip like my last iron which i luckily kept and use. Steam function is good and water spray also provides a good mist to remove stubborn creases.
with daily ironing the base has no burn marks and is as good as new.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Clothing Material Cotton
Hi there, thanks for sharing the valuable feedback. The iron man is nice way to put it. :) Glad to hear the overall experience is great and we hope you can use the product for a long time to come. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Excellent iron but with a short cord

The selling point of this iron for us was the optimaltemp feature... no need to set the temp for anything. It was also on sale (down to $89). And it really works. We have ironed skil through to jeans with no problems.
Steam control is great no leaks or drips.
The only downside is the short cord. It's not very practical having to be near the power point or using an extension cord.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi there, thanks for taking your time to write this review and for sharing the valuable feedback. Glad to hear it does the job right. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Cord too short.

Im very happy with the functionality of this iron. I can work through a pile of clothes without having to sort them in to the temperature requirements. It works well on nylon through to jeans with lots of steam. The big let down is the length of the cord. My electric socket is right beside the iron board and still it is not long enough to get to the tip of my board. Its a real pain having to use an extension cable. Id rather pay more to get a longer cord. The cord length should be stated on the box like everything else about the iron. I now know why its not advertised. Shame Philips have produced a good product but let it down with a basic fault.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hello Yvonne, thank you for taking your time to share your feedback here. We are happy to hear that you like the performance of our PerfectCare iron. We also appreciate your honest observation about the length of the cord. This is valuable to improve our products in the future. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions in the future. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Is it easy to see the water level in this iron?
Hi Jenny. Thanks for your question. The Philips PerfectCare has a water level indicator on the left side of the device. This should make it pretty easy to check, and sure you don't overfill it. :) Let us know if we can help with anything else. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia TeamIt looks too dark to see through. I am also concerned about the fact that there is no temperature dial. I iron a lot of cotton & denim & I have heard it doesn't get hot enough to iron cotton & denim.Those are valid concerns, Jenny. Fortunately, this iron is equipped with the OptimalTEMP technology, which enables you to iron all types of ironable fabrics, in any order, without adjusting the iron temperature and without sorting your garments. As for the water level indicator, it should be perfectly fine to see through - but you're always welcome to let us know should this not be the case, or to have a look at our irons in different colors if you prefer. We hope this is helpful! Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Philips PerfectCare GC3929/64Philips PerfectCare GC3920/24