Philips PerfectCare

GC3929/64, GC3920/24

3.5

• Product is used
  • Safety

Overpriced and leaves water on clothes

Not worth the high price. Does the job, but so do other cheaper irons that have a manual temperature control. But mostly, it is so annoying that it regularly leaves spots of water on the clothes. Also does an ordinary job of ironing linen and other materials that need a high temperature to remove creases.

L.L

L.LSydney

Modern look and good to use

I bought my Phillips Perfect Care iron from Amazon. It has a modern design and fast heating ability. But it does not clearly show the water level due to the dark black colour of the indicator, this needs to be improved.

Purchased in May 2019 at Amazon for A$119.00.

FoxBearSydney

FoxBearSydneySydney, NSW

Good Iron but cord is too short 1.9m

Good iron with auto-fabric sensor so you can't physically set the temperature (there is no control for temperature setting). I use the steam function a lot and this iron didn't drip water. Product works well with different fabric from jeans, business shirt, and T-Shirt with big printed pictures in the front (ironed from the inside).
Only disadvantage is the short 1.9m cord. basically you have to be right next to the electrical outlet and be using an extension cord. most other iron products have 3 meter length cords and the 1 meter really makes a difference in this case.
Philips in the future perhaps do actual customer testing on the prototypes.

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones for A$114.00.

Hi David,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We have registered you're feedback and we are happy to hear you are satisfied with the performance of the iron.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

VV

VVMelbourne

Awesome Steam Generation

Awesome Iron unit and steam generation. I was worried a bit as there is no manual option to control temperature on the machine, however as I used the machine I was happy that the iron automatically adjusts to the texture of the clothes - never again burn your clothes or have those nasty too-hot marks on the clothes. The only issue I have with this iron is that it is not easy to see the remaining water in the tank and hence 4-stars... overall quite happy with the product.

Purchased in April 2019.

Light weight Iron.

Good iron not as good as the last one I bought. Its doesnt get hot enough at times. Like the fact its temperature controlled and light weight to hold.

Not happy with Philips as they had a cash back offer, still waiting for it after months of emailing them. They say they will respond but never do. Totally ignoring all my emails so dont rely on any cash back offers! Not happy philips with sales after service!!!!!

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$250.00.

MaRia

Thanks for the contack, but I dont have a phone hence the emails. I do get the auto email saying they will get back to me, yet they never have and this has being going on since last year when I bought the iron. Thanks MaRia

Burnt-Twice

Burnt-TwiceAU

Works Really Well

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Online Store for A$99.00.

Melissa

MelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy to Recommend

I bought my Phillips Perfect Care iron from David Jones online a month ago, and I can honestly say I am very happy with it. I have previously only ever used Sunbeam irons and I am definitely a Phillips convert now. I especially love the ultra smooth sole plate that glides perfectly over any type of fabric. It has very powerful steam which is great, although this does mean it uses water quickly. I agree with a previous reviewer that it is also a little hard to see how much water is actually left in the tank because of the dark colour of the iron. I also feel that the cord is too short but is easily solved with a short extension cord. Otherwise very happy to recommend.

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$110.00.

Jo Jones

Jo Jones

Efficient and effective iron

Purchased in March 2019.

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Second worst iron I have ever used.

Very disappointed with the iron. It doesn’t ever heat up enough to iron shirts, the cord is far too short and I put off ironing for as long as possible. Will never buy Phillips again.

Purchased in July 2018.

Product is used Occasionally
Disappointed

Thanks for getting back to me but the iron has been bad from the start and I just want to change brands as quickly as possible.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

I liked it!

I'm very happy with this Iron, It works good in condition this product is gentle with clothes and particularly delicate s, i'm really satisfied with way of condition and functionality thanks...!

Purchased in April 2019.

Philips S.Philips

Hello Alex, thank you for your feedback on our PerfectCare. We're happy to hear you're satisfied with its performance! We're always here to assist you if you find yourself in need of any tips or tricks.

Hemsley

HemsleySouth East Queensland, QLD

IRON MAN

After 3 months it's a great product with my only complaint being that in low light it's very hard to determine the water level through the dark tinted water chamber.
Water is easy to fill via the tap directly without spillage.
The auto heat setting has so far performed very well on all fabrics types from denim to delicate blouse/shirts.
Power cord is a good length and easily wraps around the base for storage and though it doesn't have a retainer clip like my last iron which i luckily kept and use. Steam function is good and water spray also provides a good mist to remove stubborn creases.
with daily ironing the base has no burn marks and is as good as new.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for sharing the valuable feedback. The iron man is nice way to put it. :) Glad to hear the overall experience is great and we hope you can use the product for a long time to come.

BM_and_CC_Adelaide

BM_and_CC_AdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent iron but with a short cord

The selling point of this iron for us was the optimaltemp feature... no need to set the temp for anything. It was also on sale (down to $89). And it really works. We have ironed skil through to jeans with no problems.
Steam control is great no leaks or drips.
The only downside is the short cord. It's not very practical having to be near the power point or using an extension cord.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for taking your time to write this review and for sharing the valuable feedback. Glad to hear it does the job right. :)

Yvonne

Yvonne

Cord too short.

Im very happy with the functionality of this iron. I can work through a pile of clothes without having to sort them in to the temperature requirements. It works well on nylon through to jeans with lots of steam. The big let down is the length of the cord. My electric socket is right beside the iron board and still it is not long enough to get to the tip of my board. Its a real pain having to use an extension cable. Id rather pay more to get a longer cord. The cord length should be stated on the box like everything else about the iron. I now know why its not advertised. Shame Philips have produced a good product but let it down with a basic fault.

Date PurchasedMay 2018