Philips PerfectCare Azur

Philips PerfectCare Azur

GC4913/30 and GC4912/30

Fantastic Iron

I am an Ironing Lady, and have run an ironing business from home for the last 8 years. I always buy Philips irons as they are undeniably The Best! Recently I bought the PerfectCare Azur which has automatic temperature detection which is AMAZING! I don't know how it knows but I have not had any scorching mishaps, it never sticks, it is just like magic! The iron is a nice weight, it isn't too heavy, but it isn't too light either, a bit of weight behind the iron always helps with the final pressed result. The iron does take quite a while to warm up, with its big blue lights blinking ponderously until it has reached peak temperature, and you can't hurry it up by ironing while the lights are slight flashing. You can also leave it on, if sewing or whizzing off to hang out more washing, or pulling cookies out of the oven; it just cools right down, and sort of idles. I do agree that the best of the steam seems to burst forth once the iron is upright, but that doesn't seem to have too much of an impact on the end result; I have lots of happy ironing customers, who chose to come to me over other registered businesses, so there can't be too much wrong with my Philips irons! Thank you!

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Silk and Synthetics
Hi Elsie, it's very nice to hear that you've been having such good experiences with the iron! We appreciate you taking the time to share it here, it's of great value to us. In case you do have any questions about the device, feel free to contact us via 1300 363 391. :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Best Iron l have ever owned................

A friend introduced me to this iron and it is by far the best l have ever owned, it works like magic ....truly it does, you can place it face down and walk away it will never scorch or burn you can use it on any fabric, silk to cotton always gives a brilliant finish.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Thanks for taking the time leave your kind review here, Jane. We're glad to hear the iron is serving you well. If you're ever in need of assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on one of our social media channels, where we're available 24/7. Alternatively, you could give us a call on the following number: AU 1300 363 391 NZ 0800 658 224 Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Worst iron I have ever owned

For an expensive product...this is a terrible piece of equipment. The shot of steam does not coincide with the ironing action so you get lovely jets of steam AFTER lifting the iron off the clothes! Do not buy this unless you want to be really frustrated! I ended up returning the iron and managed to get my previous one fixed. Kudos to the Philips service department for helping me with that. And thats the only reason I gave them 2 stars...at least they tried to help.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi there, Thanks for sharing your honest opinion here. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a pleasant experience with the iron. We appreciate the feedback, as we're continuously working to improve our products. And thanks for the compliment on our service department! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Steer clear

This would have to be one of the worst iron's I've ever experienced. I purchased it thinking it would help me get a better outcome with my white business shirts and wasn't I prove them wrong even after ironing twice there still worse than an iron at half the price note Steer Clear.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi there Scott, Thank you for taking the time to write down your experiences with the PerfectCare. We truly appreciate it. However, we regret hearing that you’re not happy with the product. That’s of course not what we would like to hear. If you’re in Australia, could you please reach out to: 1300 363 391? Our colleagues would be more than happy to assist with troubleshooting. Thank you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Worst iron I have ever used

I have now had this iron for 6 months and it is the worst iron I have ever had. It takes twice as long to iron anything because it never gets hot enough to iron out the wrinkles - no matter how much steam you use. I used an iron from Kmart on the weekend and it was SO much better than this expensive iron. Never again will I buy Phillips - Myer should actually read these reviews as they were the ones who recommended it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hello, Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We've just responded to your private message. We do think it's unfortunate that you haven't quite had the experience with the iron that we would've hoped for. We'd like to find out how we could help out. If you feel there might be a technical issue with the iron, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 363 391 or through social media. Our colleagues will be more than happy to find out how they could help you. Hope this gets out sorted soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

This iron is truly useless! DON'T BUY!

I bought this on Friday. There is no heat setting - supposedly auto senses. But an iron is supposed to remove wrinkles. Can't do that. Leaves streaks of water all over the clothes. The steam button vertically gives one tiny output only, and doesn't work at all horizontally. Can't even dry off the ironing spray. Can't iron sheets or business shirts. Salesman said had all the components in the really expensive irons (wouldn't want one of them either!) Totally useless and will be going back today.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write down your experience with the PerfectCare Azur. We regret hearing that the iron hasn't lived up to your expectations so far. We're sad to hear you'll be returning the iron. Please know that if you still need any assistance with getting better results or picking an iron that suits your needs better, we're available to help. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare), or give us a call on: 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Disppointing,

Takes ages to heat up and the temperature control is unreliable. Uses far too much water I am always filling it up which is a nuisance.
I have used Philips irons before and found them easy to use. This particular model is very disappointing and I have decided not to risk buying another Philips iron again. Azure a poor product.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Hi there, Thank you for your review and feedback. Sorry to hear the product isn't meeting your expectations. Poor performance might be due to scale. Have you descaled the iron recently? If this isn't of help, feel free to contact our product team directly, to discuss this further. They can be reached at 1300 363 391 for Australia or 0800 658 224 for New-Zealand. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Love Phillips irons but they are not made to last

Once again My Phillips iron (PerfectCare Azure) which was supposed to be the top of the range, (automatic temperature settings), has only lasted just over 12 months. I have always bought Phillips Irons but they never last. The temperature now does not get very hot at all, the iron turns itself off after not even 2 mins while upright, it spits water all over the clothes as you iron. Once again SOOOO FRUSTRATING. Once again Phillips are replacing it. Thank you

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi there, Christine, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're very sorry to hear that the appliance stopped working properly. It's good to see that the appliance's being replaced. If you need our assistance again, please reach out to us on 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Buyers beware, expensive is not always good

Quite simply the worse iron i have ever bought bar none. Heats up and drops temp at will, (and I don't mean yours), which would be fine if it did it when appropriate as it is supposed to but reality is, it takes forever to heat up does not heat and provide adequate steam when YOU need it and does not iron out wrinkles. In frustration at not being able to iron a dress shirt for a wedding (would not heat up enough and provide enough steam to get the wrinkles out) I ran out and bought a $29.00 iron from BigW and it worked like a dream and ironed the shirt perfectly, the same shirt the AZUR could not get the wrinkles out of.. Unlike the caring attitude of the phillips reps on this site, customer service were rude uncaring and said it was a matter for the retailer...hang on you made it didn't you??? Save your money and look elsewhere, as I now will, this was my LAST Phillips iron that's for sure.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hey Sam, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We regret to hear the iron didn't meet your expectations. We like to see how we can help you with this and get your iron working optimally again. Also you not receiving the customer care we aim to provide, isn't something we like to hear. We'd like to invite you to reach out to us via Facebook, Twitter or phone (0800 658 224). Our colleagues would like to take a look at your iron and see how we can assist you with this matter. We hope to hear from you soon, Sam. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Disappointed after 3 years

At first I was happy with my Philips PerfectCare Azur. Auto temperature property and strong steam were helping me a lot. Then I realised that after one year that de-calc was not working properly (the amber sign never lit) (It was my laziness to contact the customer service!). And now, after 3 years (and out of warranty), it keeps tripping off during ironing. Then I have to plug it in again and wait 2 minutes to heat up in the middle of ironing. I have to buy another iron tomorrow.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Invest your money in another iron

I have owned and used Philips irons for the last tens years but not anymore.
The automatic temperature feature is useless. It takes time out of my life I don't have to give. My previous Philips irons were manually adjustable and three times as fast to iron with. My clothes look un-ironed now after battling to get simple creases out.
I'll be spending more money now on another brand and will avoid Philips in the future.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Aaron, Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Although we're glad to see that your previous irons worked so well for you, we regret hearing that your latest one isn't doing what you'd like it to do. If you like to see if there's any room for improvement, please reach out to our product specialists on 1300 363 391 if you're based in Australia or on 0800 658 224 if you're based in New Zealand. They're more than willing to assist you further. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Only good for chiffon and poor customer service

I upgraded to this iron because my 5 year old Phillips azure iron was losing its non stick coating- such a terrible mistake! Despite persevering for a month I can't get it to iron anything thicker than chiffon type materials. Work shirts and school shirts are still very creased after 5 minutes with steam turbo boost!! It's supposed to have an auto temperature control but thus obviously was set to a lower temperature so if it's a poly-mix (like a lot of shirts and sheets) it doesn't heat up enough to actually iron it despite steam turbo boost!
I called Phillips customer care who after minutes of telling me to try to calciclean it (with a lot of 'yes I understand how that can be hard.....' um, yes, can I please put you hold whilst I check what we do next... twice!) said that if that doesn't work then he'll SMS me a link to their 100 day satisfaction guarantee for a refund- this link led me to a form that stated I had to call customer service (again!!) for a return code and that I had to mail it back at my own cost with it in its original packaging!!! I don't know about you, but I tend to throw away the boxes my products come in rather than keeping it for a month in case the product fails! Also with Australia postage charges, I don't think it'll be worth mailing back my heavy iron for a refund. I'm off to buy a new iron- I guess I'll just have to keep this one for my daughters dance costumes!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hello and thank you for letting us in on your experience with the iron as well as the service that you've received so far. We're sorry to read that your experience wasn't really stellar. We'd really like to find out how we can improve on this anyway. Therefore we've sent you a private message asking for your contact details. We'd like to bring you in touch with our product experts to take another look at this. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great iron no worries about temperature settings.

Have this iron GC4913 since December 2015.This is a great product. No worries about temperature settings. Heats up quick, steam supply is more than adequate. Works well on jeans materials as synthetic fabrics and others. Will buy one today for our daughter as well. Bought it for $119, now getting a bit pricey for $139.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Thank you for your great review. We're very happy to hear that the PerfectCare is so perfect for you. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Outstanding and Intuitively simple

I don't know why there are bad reviews for this iron,
I bought this iron after replacing my previous iron ,after years of service which was really good,but this iron is great,irons jeans quickly and perfectly,irons cotton to the same result,works as it should straight out of the box ..love this smart iron.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
That's awesome, Ezra! Thanks a lot for sharing that. Enjoy your iron. :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Extremely disappointed ... and now this iron died just out of warranty.

We purchased this iron mid-January 2015, and last night it failed to turn on or heat up. No warning and a couple of months out of warranty. It wasn't dropped or damaged in any way. It has been a failure from the beginning but we've persevered with it due to its cost. It never got hot enough to do a good job on anything heavy, such as jeans or cotton drill. Even shirts have needed many passes of the iron to produce a crisp result. Ironing shouldn't be this hard. Further, it will not dry iron ... unless there is water in the tank to make steam, the iron doesn't remain hot. There are some fabrics such as silk and certain sewing activities where a dry iron is necessary and this iron is a complete fail in this regard. Very very disappointed in its performance overall and now so very frustrated it has ceased working at all. An expensive iron should last longer than just the warranty period plus a couple of months. Is this a case of "planned obsolescence"?

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Hi there, We regret hearing of what happened with your Philips iron. Obviously that's not the way we want you to feel after trying on of our products. We can imagine you are disappointed and we understand your perspective! So the appliance is not switching on at all? And did you contact our customer service about this already? You can reach them at 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamYes the iron is not lighting up or heating. We haven't contacted customer service but will do next week.Perfect! Please know that you can always reach out to us here, or via Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare) if there's anything else you'd like assistance with. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Best iron ever!

Received this iron as a gift! It works wonderfully on all fabrics. Heats quickly. No settings or adjustments needed. Have had no problems with the iron, and use it frequently. Will definitely recommend to family and friends. I am unsure where all these negative reviews have come from, but from my personal experience it works perfectly!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
We're very glad to hear this and thanks for sharing Sam!

Excelent

Great iron fab job Phillips. Makes life allot easier and does a brill job. This is the first iron I have had with optimal temp much better than my old one. I wasn't sure when I purchased it I thought I was a risk. So was surprised on how well it works.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Jon, That's a review we can be really proud of! Thanks a lot for the kind words and we hope it will serve you well for many more years. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

This is a uselesss iron..

Iron takes longer to heat up.. and optimal temp tech is a fail. Its good for silks and low heat fabrics but doesnt work for cottons at all. So hard to take wrinkles out. Evem with steam. Dampened clothes wont even dry up .takes aged.Triples ur ironing time. Hate it! Its not worth the money i paid.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi San, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're very sorry to hear your not satisfied with your steam iron. We like to see if there is anything we can do to improve your experience with our steam iron. If you still have your iron, and if you're based in Australia, we kindly ask you to call 1300 363 391 to get in touch with our product experts. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Worst iron ever - Philips hotline said to take it up with the retailer!

It's NEVER optimal temp, leaks water on everything, doesn't get creases out of shirts, takes 5 times as long to 'try' and iron your clothes. Waste of money.

I tried calling the 1300 number suggested in below reviews and was told I would need the receipt and to take it back to the store I bought it. I've since moved interstate and do not keep receipts for small purchases so I'm left with a dud product. I was told it could be replaced under warranty if I had the receipt and went to the store of purchase... clearly by the reviews it's not a store issue or a replacement fix, the product design is just extremely poor. I've got no idea what they tested this thing on to determine it was the 'optimal temp' iron... maybe they should have called it the 'child safe' iron - prevents burns because it's not hot enough to do the job it's intended for.

So much for buying the most expensive iron on the shelf and expecting a good outcome!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Leigh, thank you for taking your time to review the PerfectCare Azur. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some difficulties. We'd like to be of help and have our product team reach out to you directly. It would therefore be helpful if you could share your email address and phone number through a reply to our private message. We're hoping to hear from you. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Awesome Iron - I was worried!!

I bought this iron from HN then read the reviews and had a small panic. It's the first iron I've had with auto temp and I love it as the ironer in the family I told my wife yhat I could just iron all day with this thing it's a dream. Thanks Philips good job.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Peter, We're so happy to receive such a great review from you! We're pleased to hear you think it's a superb iron! If you have any questions in the future about your iron, we're more than happy to assist you via Facebook or Twitter @PhilipsCare. We're available 24/7 to help you! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.