Philips PerfectCare Azur

GC4912/30, GC4913/30

Elsie

ElsieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic Iron

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Silk and Synthetics

Jane Nutcombe

Jane Nutcombe

Best Iron l have ever owned................

A friend introduced me to this iron and it is by far the best l have ever owned, it works like magic ....truly it does, you can place it face down and walk away it will never scorch or burn you can use it on any fabric, silk to cotton always gives a brilliant finish.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Elsie

ElsiePerth

Worst iron I have ever owned

For an expensive product...this is a terrible piece of equipment. The shot of steam does not coincide with the ironing action so you get lovely jets of steam AFTER lifting the iron off the clothes! Do not buy this unless you want to be really frustrated! I ended up returning the iron and managed to get my previous one fixed. Kudos to the Philips service department for helping me with that. And thats the only reason I gave them 2 stars...at least they tried to help.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Scott

ScottSydney Surrounds, NSW

Steer clear

This would have to be one of the worst iron's I've ever experienced. I purchased it thinking it would help me get a better outcome with my white business shirts and wasn't I prove them wrong even after ironing twice there still worse than an iron at half the price note Steer Clear.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Disappointed

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst iron I have ever used

I have now had this iron for 6 months and it is the worst iron I have ever had. It takes twice as long to iron anything because it never gets hot enough to iron out the wrinkles - no matter how much steam you use. I used an iron from Kmart on the weekend and it was SO much better than this expensive iron. Never again will I buy Phillips - Myer should actually read these reviews as they were the ones who recommended it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

wickydoc

wickydoc

This iron is truly useless! DON'T BUY!

I bought this on Friday. There is no heat setting - supposedly auto senses. But an iron is supposed to remove wrinkles. Can't do that. Leaves streaks of water all over the clothes. The steam button vertically gives one tiny output only, and doesn't work at all horizontally. Can't even dry off the ironing spray. Can't iron sheets or business shirts. Salesman said had all the components in the really expensive irons (wouldn't want one of them either!) Totally useless and will be going back today.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Disppointing,

Takes ages to heat up and the temperature control is unreliable. Uses far too much water I am always filling it up which is a nuisance.
I have used Philips irons before and found them easy to use. This particular model is very disappointing and I have decided not to risk buying another Philips iron again. Azure a poor product.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Christine39

Christine39mackay

Love Phillips irons but they are not made to last

Once again My Phillips iron (PerfectCare Azure) which was supposed to be the top of the range, (automatic temperature settings), has only lasted just over 12 months. I have always bought Phillips Irons but they never last. The temperature now does not get very hot at all, the iron turns itself off after not even 2 mins while upright, it spits water all over the clothes as you iron. Once again SOOOO FRUSTRATING. Once again Phillips are replacing it. Thank you

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Philips S.Philips

Buyers beware, expensive is not always good

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Gem

GemCasula

Disappointed after 3 years

At first I was happy with my Philips PerfectCare Azur. Auto temperature property and strong steam were helping me a lot. Then I realised that after one year that de-calc was not working properly (the amber sign never lit) (It was my laziness to contact the customer service!). And now, after 3 years (and out of warranty), it keeps tripping off during ironing. Then I have to plug it in again and wait 2 minutes to heat up in the middle of ironing. I have to buy another iron tomorrow.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Invest your money in another iron

I have owned and used Philips irons for the last tens years but not anymore.
The automatic temperature feature is useless. It takes time out of my life I don't have to give. My previous Philips irons were manually adjustable and three times as fast to iron with. My clothes look un-ironed now after battling to get simple creases out.
I'll be spending more money now on another brand and will avoid Philips in the future.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

nurn1004

nurn1004

Only good for chiffon and poor customer service

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Maxie

MaxieSydney, NSW

Great iron no worries about temperature settings.

Have this iron GC4913 since December 2015.This is a great product. No worries about temperature settings. Heats up quick, steam supply is more than adequate. Works well on jeans materials as synthetic fabrics and others. Will buy one today for our daughter as well. Bought it for $119, now getting a bit pricey for $139.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Outstanding and Intuitively simple

I don't know why there are bad reviews for this iron,
I bought this iron after replacing my previous iron ,after years of service which was really good,but this iron is great,irons jeans quickly and perfectly,irons cotton to the same result,works as it should straight out of the box ..love this smart iron.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Gar LoopBrisbane

Extremely disappointed ... and now this iron died just out of warranty.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Gar Loop

Yes the iron is not lighting up or heating. We haven't contacted customer service but will do next week.

Best iron ever!

Received this iron as a gift! It works wonderfully on all fabrics. Heats quickly. No settings or adjustments needed. Have had no problems with the iron, and use it frequently. Will definitely recommend to family and friends. I am unsure where all these negative reviews have come from, but from my personal experience it works perfectly!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Philips S.Philips

We're very glad to hear this and thanks for sharing Sam!

Excelent

Great iron fab job Phillips. Makes life allot easier and does a brill job. This is the first iron I have had with optimal temp much better than my old one. I wasn't sure when I purchased it I thought I was a risk. So was surprised on how well it works.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

San84

San84Dubbo

This is a uselesss iron..

Iron takes longer to heat up.. and optimal temp tech is a fail. Its good for silks and low heat fabrics but doesnt work for cottons at all. So hard to take wrinkles out. Evem with steam. Dampened clothes wont even dry up .takes aged.Triples ur ironing time. Hate it! Its not worth the money i paid.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Leigh

LeighMelbourne

Worst iron ever - Philips hotline said to take it up with the retailer!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Peter

Peter

Awesome Iron - I was worried!!

I bought this iron from HN then read the reviews and had a small panic. It's the first iron I've had with auto temp and I love it as the ironer in the family I told my wife yhat I could just iron all day with this thing it's a dream. Thanks Philips good job.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Terry Watts

Terry Wattsasked

I have just bought Philips PerfectCare Azur Steam iron. I have only used it once and it is leaking water ?? Previously I had a Phillips iron and had no problems . I have paid a little more for this iron and I am very disappointed . I have followed instructions from your instruction book . Could you please advise . I have alway recommend Phillips iron to my friends but now not sure .

Philips S.Philips

Hey Terry, thank you for your query. Obviously, the iron shouldn't leak water. Therefore we would like to do some troubleshooting to see if it helps. For example, did you close the water tank lid properly? Also, are you ironing while the SmartLight is blinking? You should wait until the SmartLight lights up steadily before ironing. If these two steps did not help, we recommend you to read the support page by clicking on this link: http://www.philips.com.au/c-p/GC4912_30/perfectcare-azur-steam-iron-with-optimaltemp-technology-and-t-ionicglide-soleplate/support. If that won't solve your issue either, we kindly ask you to contact our Consumer Care Team by calling 1300 363 391 if you are in Australia.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives