Philips PowerLife Steam

Philips PowerLife Steam

GC2960, GC2997, GC2999, etc...

Amit R.

Amit R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Average to Bad for Philips brand value

Easy to use but temperature control is tricky. Easily gets too hot sometimes. With Philips one would expect a pretty high performing product. Works well with Cotton but linen and poly can be tricky. Steaming is good and works well combined with iron temperature.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $69.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

Matt R

Matt RAU

It’s great, very hot and glides easily

I purchased this iron based on the reviews on Amazon and because Philips has a relatively good reputation as an iron brand. The iron is probably one of the best I’ve used, its ability to glide along my work shirts is exceptional. I’ve found that the iron temperature gets hot enough to iron some of the most difficult shirts. The one thing I didn’t like is that the iron didn’t come with a cup to refill the water... I thought this was standard with every iron. Not a huge issue though. Good value for money!

Purchased in August 2019 at Amazon for $59.00.

Clothing Material Cotton

A really good iron

Having had our last Philips iron for 10 years, naturally we replaced it with another Philips iron. So far we are pleased with this new one. The water gurgled at first, but it irons well.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $69.00.

Clothing Material Cotton
Jarrod

JarrodGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

High quality iron

Pricey but you get what you pay for? Bought a cheap one that lasted a while but wouldn't iron very well. This uses water quite efficiently, has a good weight to it and turns on super quick.

Purchased in January 2019 at Amazon for $79.00.

Product is used: Daily
Philips S.Philips

Thanks for taking your time to write this review and we appreciate the valuable feedback, Jarrod. :)

Kit

KitAU

Great performance

Very easy to use and get started with this iron. Just finished ironing shirts that my previous iron couldnt handle.
Quick and easy iron, although the instructions
- mainly pictures - are obviously made for the global market. Didnt see a need for registering warranty on this item. Would recommend for anyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Philips S.Philips

Hi Kit, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you've been impressed with this PowerLife Steam iron. If you ever need our help, feel free to reach out to us on social media.

Jroc

Jroc

Really easy to use product, with great results.

Really enjoy using this iron. Am always getting great heat and steam, which makes ironing out any creases really simple and quick to use. Ironing was always a chore with my previous irons, but its been made super quick and easy with this one, and am very glad I've bought it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Dannie

DannieSomerton Park, South Australia 5044

Easy to use and good price

Bought this from good guys as we got 20 dollars off it. You just fill it up with water and set what type of steam setting you want and what type of fabric your going to iron and then go ahead and iron. The cord is super short but that's the only problem we had with it

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Winnie da pooh

Winnie da poohPerth

It does the job

It really can do tge job and my clothes straight
But the biggest problem of the iron is that it sticks with my clothes everytime when i am ironing which is pretty hard to get it off and also it forms some black thing on the plate afterwards which is hard to get rid of them. The price is also not cheap, it’s right under a hundred dollar which is cheaper than most of the brand but it’s still expensive

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for taking your time to write this review. We've just replied to your private message.

MBowman

MBowmanCanberra

Going on Auto off and won't heat

I am very disappointed, we have had the iron for less than 3 years and the auto off function comes on as soon as you plug the iron and won't heat. The warranty was for 2 years so maybe it was intentionally badly designed to make us go and get another one. I got philips because my mother had her iron for years, but clearly they don't make them of the same quality anymore so I have to look at other brands now. What a waste of products, plastic especially! It's bcs of businesses like these that our planet is covered in plastic waste.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

BreadkrumzPerth

Very useful quick n easy

The iron heats up well in time a to perfect temperature control is easy and steam is just right to keep my fresg clothes fresh the iron is very reliable and safe it lets me know when i have left it on and forgotten to turn it off by a beeping sound so i never forget

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Philips S.Philips

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here. We appreciate it as this is very valuable for us.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Joe

JoeSydney

Business man essential

Always ironing my shirts for work, gone through so many models and this was the deal breaker, heats up in min, and once you get used to the heating functions, breeze to use. Feels well made in the hand, however lighter than the average iron which is a bonus for wrist pains.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Dalton1

Dalton1melbourne

Meets My Needs

I am only an occasional ironer and this Philips iron meets my needs.
Its lightweight, heats up quickly and seems to hold the right temperature. Steam works well and the cord is long enough. It does have some discoloration on the base but for the times I need an iron, this does just fine.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Paul

PaulAdelaide

Good iron

I have the GC2999. This is a good looking iron (which shouldn't matter but influenced my decision), and feels well made in the hand, being perhaps heavier than the average iron. It heats up quickly and reponds well to temperature control changes. I've had no problems with the spray or steam functions. I do wish the power cord was a bit longer but that's my only complaint so far. Otherwise I'm happy, it performs well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Not a good iron

This iron sticks to everything. It doesn't matter how much you turn it down it sticks to every garment. Then i am forever trying to clean the soleplate. Which is not an easy task at all. This iron has not been good from day one. I am very frustrated with this product.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Sticks and ruins clothes

Just 'melted' my last clothing item. As others have said, this iron is hopeless. I thought it was just me, but even on lower settings it sticks to clothes (particularly black for some reason) and I have an immovable brown mark on the iron as well. I also find it spits bits out at irregular intervals. Can never tell when it will happen.
Glad to have read these reviews to know it's not just me and I can safely bin this - despite the waste of money and the clothes now with marks. Expect better from Philips.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Philips S.Philips

Hello, we're sorry to hear this and we take a situation like this very seriously. We just sent you a private message asking for your contact details. We’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Last Philips product for me

Bought this iron, (plus another Philips product), due to brand name.
Only used shop bought ironing water with it. Ok for about a year, then a brown sludge substance, rust coloured, started coming through the steam holes, staining the clothes. Also appeared as though there were bits of metal in it as well. Put the iron through a cleaning cycle, and could never rid the iron of this sludge deposit. Water in the reservoir always looked clean, but still the brown sludge continued to appear.
Also had a tendency to stick to clothing even when using lower temperatures.
In the bin with the other Philips product.

Philips S.Philips

HI there. That's odd, a descaling cycle should do the trick. If that didn't help, maybe our colleagues at 1300 363 391, option 1 (for Australia) or at 0800 658 224, option 1 (for New Zealand) are able to help out.

Steamed
Steamed

Hi, not sure what support could have been given over a phone, other than take it to a service centre, and as it was out of warranty, I elected to dismantle to see if any repair could be affected. Not possible, so it was discarded.

Auto off

Auto off button flashing and then turning off iron immediately. I have tried to unplug and leave for a while before plugging in again but that does not make a difference. Is there anything else I can try .What's happening ? . Kids back at school tomorrow and no uniforms ironed. Not happy.

SatrinaB

SatrinaBQueensland

Powerlife Stick

We bought this iron a few years ago and have battled along with it sticking to most of our clothes. The iron works but it is hard work because it just doesn't glide along the fabric as it should and some modern stretch fabrics start to burn before the crinkles actually come out. At the weekend we went and bought a new iron because we just got fed up with it and our new iron made us realise how bad this one had been. Needless to say, our new iron isn't a Philips, nor will I be keen to buy a Philips iron again.

Philips S.Philips

Hello, sorry to hear that the product didn't meet up to your expectations and thanks for your valuable feedback. If you ever want to discuss the issue further, please call us on 1300 363 391.

Willemien

Willemiencamperdown

Dissapointment

Bought this iron ( most expensivbe iron on the shelve) as I thought this will be a excellent iron and to my dissapointment, after merely 3 weeks the steamglide become a steam sticker. it looks like I burnt clothes with all the stickey black ......( dont know what to call it) on the iron.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, that doesn't sound very good. Would you be able to reach out to us via 1300 363 391? We'd like to look into this for you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

kestns

kestns

Pretty terrible

Rowena Lewis

Rowena Lewisasked

Is this iron has a self cleaning function?

Philips S.Philips

Besides the usual calc-clean functionality, the PowerLife Steam has a built-in calc-clean slider which allows for easy removal of any built-up scale from your iron. We hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to reach out to us on one of our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter @PhilipsCare) or on one of the following numbers:

AU 1300 363 391
NZ 0800 658 224

Ben L

Ben Lasked

Hello, I have a GC2990 model, a couple of questions:
1) it is near impossible to see the water level due to the dark casing. Am I blind? Is a light I can’t see?
2) why does it stick to everything? No matter or fabric.
3) why do the steam holes not go all the way to the tip of the sole plate?
I bought this because I wanted to be able to adjust the temperature setting myself so disappointed about these other things.

Breadkrumz

Listen man i did the reviews for money idk anything about an iron i cant afford one bro

Philips S.Philips

Hi Ben, thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you're disappointed by one of iron, and we would like to see what we can do to help change your experience for the better. Would you please give our colleagues at the Customer Service Line a call? You can reach them on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224. THanks!

Muhammed

Muhammedasked

Hi i have the power life iron with auto turn off but when i turn it on its going on auto turn off so it turns straight off and wont work how do i fix this?
Ps. It is immediately turn the auto off light and a click sound then it won’t start

Philips S.Philips

Hello Muhammed, thanks for reaching out about this. To be honest this does sound quite strange! We'd recommend to contact us through http://philips.com/support/ or give us a call on 1300 363 391. Then we'll try our best to figure out what's going on and how we might be able to solve it.

Many thanks!

Cilz
Cilz

I have the exact same issue

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives