Philips PowerLife Steam

GC2999, GC2960, GC2997, etc... (See All)
See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Philips Domestic Appliances

• Product is used
  • Safety
zoo2208
zoo2208Sydney, NSW

Disappointed

I was told that this product had a sensor to adapt to different fabrics. Sadly, in spite of pressing slowly over the material, the creases do not come out in many fabrics, especially poly cotton. I keep having to press the steam button to remove creases.
Yes, this product does well with delicates.
I can find very little evidence of varying steaming capabilities.

Purchased at Meyer.

Andrew
AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

No issues in over 2 years

We bought this iron over 2 years ago, and it hasn't missed a beat.

Realistically, irons are a pretty simple piece of kit, it's pretty hard to get it wrong. I especially like the auto-off function so that when the kids leave it on at the wall, it will turn itself off after 5 minutes. This has certainly saved me many dollars over the years.

It's been a great iron, with no likelihood of that changing any time soon.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $67.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi Andrew, we're happy to hear that you're so keen on the PowerLife steam iron. Thank you for sharing this here and enjoy the rest of your week!

Furqan Ali
Furqan AliSydney, NSW

Great Steam Iron

This iron has a fantastic power and shows outstanding results in ironing cotton/silk shirts and Jeans. I am amazed by its steam generating capacity. I will recommend this iron to everyone.

Gold Coast ChrisBrisbane

Cord ridiculously short and no user instructions!

First day using and I could not find any instructions in the box. I filled it up, turned it on and hoped for the best. The power cord only just reaches the full length of the ironing table: did the developers even try using it? Under use it spat water all over my white linen trousers, but once they had dried out there were no marks. I doubt that would be the same in a few months. I have no ideas what the settings on the top mean or how and when to descale it. Also the base is too wide to fit into my wall-mounted iron tidy (Howard’s Storage). Big disappointment. I'll give it a few more goes and if it doesn't improve it's going back.

Purchased in at David Jones Retail Stores for $99.

New userGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lovely iron but needs a longer cord

I am a long time philips iron user and this iron keeps up the standard. It is lightweight, heats up quickly but I am very disapppointed with the length of the cord. It is shorter than my old one and so I struggle unless I use an extension cord. Bring back the longer cord please.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $69.

New user

Thank you for responding and good to know that our comments are taken on board. Cheers

Amit R.
Amit R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Average to Bad for Philips brand value

Easy to use but temperature control is tricky. Easily gets too hot sometimes. With Philips one would expect a pretty high performing product. Works well with Cotton but linen and poly can be tricky. Steaming is good and works well combined with iron temperature.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $69.

Matt R
Matt RAU

It’s great, very hot and glides easily

I purchased this iron based on the reviews on Amazon and because Philips has a relatively good reputation as an iron brand. The iron is probably one of the best I’ve used, its ability to glide along my work shirts is exceptional. I’ve found that the iron temperature gets hot enough to iron some of the most difficult shirts. The one thing I didn’t like is that the iron didn’t come with a cup to refill the water... I thought this was standard with every iron. Not a huge issue though. Good value for money!

Purchased in at Amazon for $59.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Gibso
Gibso

A really good iron

Having had our last Philips iron for 10 years, naturally we replaced it with another Philips iron. So far we are pleased with this new one. The water gurgled at first, but it irons well.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Online for $69.

Jarrod
JarrodGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

High quality iron

Pricey but you get what you pay for? Bought a cheap one that lasted a while but wouldn't iron very well. This uses water quite efficiently, has a good weight to it and turns on super quick.

Purchased in at Amazon for $79.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Thanks for taking your time to write this review and we appreciate the valuable feedback, Jarrod. :)

Kit
KitAU

Great performance

Very easy to use and get started with this iron. Just finished ironing shirts that my previous iron couldnt handle.
Quick and easy iron, although the instructions
- mainly pictures - are obviously made for the global market. Didnt see a need for registering warranty on this item. Would recommend for anyone.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi Kit, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you've been impressed with this PowerLife Steam iron. If you ever need our help, feel free to reach out to us on social media.

Jroc
Jroc

Really easy to use product, with great results.

Really enjoy using this iron. Am always getting great heat and steam, which makes ironing out any creases really simple and quick to use. Ironing was always a chore with my previous irons, but its been made super quick and easy with this one, and am very glad I've bought it.

Dannie
DannieSomerton Park, South Australia 5044

Easy to use and good price

Bought this from good guys as we got 20 dollars off it. You just fill it up with water and set what type of steam setting you want and what type of fabric your going to iron and then go ahead and iron. The cord is super short but that's the only problem we had with it

Winnie da pooh
Winnie da poohPerth

It does the job

It really can do tge job and my clothes straight
But the biggest problem of the iron is that it sticks with my clothes everytime when i am ironing which is pretty hard to get it off and also it forms some black thing on the plate afterwards which is hard to get rid of them. The price is also not cheap, it’s right under a hundred dollar which is cheaper than most of the brand but it’s still expensive

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi there, thanks for taking your time to write this review. We've just replied to your private message.

MBowman
MBowmanCanberra

Going on Auto off and won't heat

I am very disappointed, we have had the iron for less than 3 years and the auto off function comes on as soon as you plug the iron and won't heat. The warranty was for 2 years so maybe it was intentionally badly designed to make us go and get another one. I got philips because my mother had her iron for years, but clearly they don't make them of the same quality anymore so I have to look at other brands now. What a waste of products, plastic especially! It's bcs of businesses like these that our planet is covered in plastic waste.

Breadkrumz
BreadkrumzPerth

Very useful quick n easy

The iron heats up well in time a to perfect temperature control is easy and steam is just right to keep my fresg clothes fresh the iron is very reliable and safe it lets me know when i have left it on and forgotten to turn it off by a beeping sound so i never forget

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here. We appreciate it as this is very valuable for us.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.