Piranha Royale 2400W

Piranha Royale 2400W

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.8

Matt Terry

Matt TerryAU

Good value vacuum sucks like my ex wife

Great vacuum for the price. Comes with handy little side vacuum that’s great. Sucks like my ex wife (according to half the town where I live). Can’t go wrong for $100. Why pay $1000 for a Dyson that maybe does a 10% better job.

Purchased in April 2021 at Big W for $99.00.

grumpy3663

grumpy3663Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cheap and shows it.....

Hose connection to the barrel keeps separating from hose.... angle of the handle is too curved.....very noisy compared to another cheap brand vacuum that has similar wattage.... Most annoying vacuum I've ever had but have to put up with it until I can get a better one...

Purchased in November 2020 at Big W for $99.00.

cudgegong

cudgegong

Honest truth, better than my Dyson

Own a newsagency/Post Office. Got a call from my wife, while I was in Big W, saying the Dyson smoked up. Brought the Piranha off the shelf for $99.00. Took it back to the shop, threw the Dyson into the bin and used the new vacuum. Incredible, sucked up much more dirt off the short pile carpet and rubber entry way than the Dyson ever did. Have used it daily for about 4 weeks now and still impressed. If it lasts for more than 12 months I will be happy.
Pro's.
Cheap
Powerful suction
Does the job

Con,s (if being picky)
Small barrell, requires empting more often
cord could be longer.

Would buy again.

Purchased in January 2021 at Big W for $99.00.

Lucy08

Lucy08Northeast, VIC

Worst vaccum I have ever owned.

This vaccum doesnt suck well at all. I live in a farm house so get quite alot of dirt. It doesnt pick up much, you can see what it misses.

Purchased in September 2020 at Big W for $99.00.

Steph C.

Steph C.South East Queensland, QLD

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT

I’ve only had this vacuum for 10 months. The plastic lever on steel hose broke off while I was getting it out of the box so I taped it back on. Since then I’ve had to tape the plastic hose tube up as it has broken at both top and bottom ends 6 times, so the hose is now too short. The previous model (red) was outstanding and I had that for 7 years with no issues so I assumed this one would be as good! Don’t waste your money

Purchased in September 2019 at Big W for $99.00.

Aleisha

AleishaGungahlin 2912, ACT

Disappointed

I used this cleaner on both carpet and tile floors, the vacuum itself was disappointing, loud and not reliable. Haven’t even owned it for a year and it’s now broken (the filter decided to no longer sit on its base anymore so it cannot be used) the Cord length is very short making it a hassle trying to vacuum, the cord is too fast to go back in and has hit me many times which hurts, always tipped over and makes high pitched sounds and the hose always twists itself and also made high pitched sounds when it was twisted. The hand held vacuum isn’t even worth using!

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W for $99.00.

Lamea

LameaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its great. Bought from Bigw for 80$.

- Used on tiles and carpets
- Splendid

Came with a lil hand vaccum thats perfect if you have kids at home. Works great, reliable and worth the price for sure

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W for $80.00.

Cakemomma

CakemommaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nice little vacuum that came with a bonus

Purchased the piranha Royale from big w and happy to see a bonus hand held vacuum that came with it both have great suction pulling the heavy rug up when vacuuming and I thought my old vacuum was doing the job but obviously not because canister filled up after I vacuumed the rug so now I know it’s gotten down into the pile with all that great suction power the hand held mini vac has a nice long cord

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W for $99.00.

Suey

SueyNorth Queensland, QLD

Just what I was looking for.

I have only recently purchased the product and so far am extremely happy with it, it’s lightweight making it easy to move around. I’ve had a Vax machine for approx 15 - 20 yrs and although it still works great I found it was a bit to large to manoeuvre around in the house I’m in now. I only have vinyl floors now so I was looking for something that would be on par with my old machine but smaller and more convenient to use. I’m more than happy with my purchase... it’s easy to assemble and comes with additional fittings and works great on my vinyl floors. It’s bagless which makes it easy to empty and clean and there’s no ongoing costs to purchase bags.

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W for $69.99.

monkeysparklesSydney, NSW

So far so good

Purchased in January 2020 for $99.00.

Soha A.

Soha A.

Don't buy it

It's easier to pick up the dust with your own hands . Don't buy it kids vacuum sucks more. That's why it's so cheap but still don't waist your money. I bought it used it few times and can't wait to check it in the bin

Purchased at Big W Retail Stores for $100.00.

Richard E.

Richard E.South-Eastern Region, NSW

OMG it's so bad

Purchased in October 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $99.00.

Yas

Yas

Had to return

It started off well but gave up after a week. It became very loud and had no suction. The chord that came with it was very short too. Eventally had to buy Miele from Binglee. But Big W offered return seamlessly., which was good.

Purchased in August 2019 for $99.00.

Alix

Alix

Average

I purchased this because of the great reviews online however found the suction not as strong as reviewed and having to empty the dust bin half way through each clean or it loses suction strength. For the price I believe the $25 dollar Kmart ones are a better purchase!

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for $99.00.

Mikeeeboy

MikeeeboyRhyll

Good suction for cheep price.

Purchased this cause it was cheep and we needed something to get us through until we could get a larger more expensive vacuum.

This vacuum has really good suction and picks up an excellent amount of dirt for its price. The head is to flimsy and designed bad, although it gets you through you have to be careful not to push to hard. The head also gets caught up on carpet making it harder to use. The head also tends to push large dirt on hardwood floor rather then sucking it up.

Cleaning filters is easy but annoying, as you will be doing that often. Emptying barrel is easy.

I would recommend this. It works fine, just remember it is cheep so some parts are going to feel cheep.

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W Online Store for $99.00.