Verifiedpolicehealth.com.au

19 reviews · Statistics

84% · 163 · 16%

Claim Resolution Time
  • <1 week (2)
Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
See the Best Health Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Alain A.
Alain A.VICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Best Health Insurance Company I have been with

I have been with a lot of other private Health Insurance companys including

- NIB (Qantas)
- St Lukes
- Bupa
- Medibank
- Navy Health
- Defence Health

And I have done a lot of research and comparing of covers available with other Health Funds and me being an ex SES member Emergency Services Health aka Police Health fund was the best bang for the dollar Health fund available.

I highly suggest people do the research and call each company up and get a quote for the possible services you see yourself using in the future and compare it to other Health Funds.

I always recommend get Hospital and Extras and the top cover because you never know what will happen tomorrow. Show details

Steve CQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Another example of Health Appliance (NON)-cover

Also have a problem with coverage for CPAP Health Appliance (See last Reviewer). Police Health is one of about 10% of Health Funds that do NOT cover CPAP machines under their EXTRAS cover despite this cover being for "Health Appliances". In particular it is not mentioned in the Extras Cover Guide as an exclusion in the "What is Covered" or in the "What is not covered" sections of their Benefits and Cover Guide. In my research I also came across a "Choice" report that identified Police Health are average across Australia for their "Gap Cover" but below average in NSW and Victoria. Do your homework before joining. Show details
Brett
BrettADELAIDE16 posts

Cpap not covered under extras!

Unfortunately being diagnosed with sleep aponea I called Police Health after being a member for ten years only to be told they only pay out for Cpap Machines on HOSPITAL COVER and nothing for Extras only. Makes sense because if your in hospital you would be getting a ENT procedure done and wouldn't require a Cpap Machine. Good for nothing......Police Health. Show details
Bec
BecQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Dont waste your money! Better Health Providers around

Customer service is disgusting.. [Name Removed] was rude, unknowledgeable and should probably find a job that involves her not talking to people on a daily basis. Waste of money, waste of time and will be looking for a new provider thanks to [Name Removed]. Waited until the day before my surgery to tell me I was uncovered as they wanted to say it was pre existing! I had never even seen the surgeon before last week!! Will find anyway to get out of paying for something. Show details
Keesha
KeeshaNTDarwin, NT6 posts

Seems expensive but worth it

I have been with Police Health for (as long as I can remember) 12+ years.
Although there are definitely cheaper options for private health insurance, Police Health are very good and the ease of submitting a claim and friendly customer service makes me stay with them. Every time I have rung to make an enquiry I have never had to wait on hold for more than a couple of minutes and have always spoken to lovely staff. Show details
PerseusNSWSydney, NSW3 posts
relaxed28
relaxed28Newcastle3 posts

Very impressed

We change over to Police Health about 9 months ago. In this time I have found them very easy to deal with whether over the phone or using their online claiming. The benefits they pay are excellent and you actually feel you are getting something in return for the premiums you pay. Yes they are more expensive than others we had looked at, but I think their service and benefits paid more than make up for that. Before changing to Police Health, we were seriously considering dropping private health insurance due to cost and lack of benefits, however, since moving to Police Health we will definitely be keeping our private health insurance.

Lauren
LaurenQLDNorth Queensland, QLD5 posts

Best Insurance Ever

I have been with Police Health for 4 years and I cannot fault them. I work for a Dental Surgery and the benefits I receive from Police are by far more than any other health fund I have seen come through my practice. Claiming is super easy and I would recommend Police Health to anyone who is eligible.

Michael Titherington
Michael Titherington

My review

Policy is definately good value. Would like to endorse some options to make it cheaper. For retirees though. I don't have doctors fees or prescription fees because of remote location.

Other than that I am happy with service.

David Hearn
David Hearn

Great Health fund

Policy is real value. Been a member for many years.

Customer support is terrific. My dear wife Gill passed away with Cancer in 2017

She fought for over 4 years. The support from Police Health was so supportive all the way through. Thank you for the wonderful years of support.

Jimbo
Jimbo

I should have joined years ago

The Policy is excellent value compared to the previous fund I was with. It was very easy to set up and the Customer support was brilliant in every detail & nothing seemed a problem.

Rob
Rob4 posts

OLD TIMERS LEFT OUT

I wish this Health Insurance was available to us old timers (retired in 1998), Can you explain why us ex-members have been left out? We were all in the same job!

Jonine Harrison
Jonine Harrison

Health fund to beat all

Pretty good value, easy to set up & customer service is brilliant, every single interaction has been very professional and positive and better than any health fund I’ve been in before.

Jane Melissa
Jane Melissa2 posts

Best decision we ever made!

We joined Police Health in February 2016, so wish we had known this fund was available to NSW Police from 2010. Changing funds was all done by Police Health professionally & swiftly. We have found the Customer Support exceptional & the entire staff delightful to deal with. We definitely urge ALL Police families both past, (2001 separation) & present to do themselves a favour & ‘get on board’. Our providers are amazed with the amount of refund we receive. Thank you Police Health.

Michele