4.2

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
Brett

BrettADELAIDE

Cpap not covered under extras!

Unfortunately being diagnosed with sleep aponea I called Police Health after being a member for ten years only to be told they only pay out for Cpap Machines on HOSPITAL COVER and nothing for Extras only. Makes sense because if your in hospital you would be getting a ENT procedure done and wouldn't require a Cpap Machine. Good for nothing......Police Health.

RodQueensland

No compassion

Bec

BecSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dont waste your money! Better Health Providers around

Customer service is disgusting.. [Name Removed] was rude, unknowledgeable and should probably find a job that involves her not talking to people on a daily basis. Waste of money, waste of time and will be looking for a new provider thanks to [Name Removed]. Waited until the day before my surgery to tell me I was uncovered as they wanted to say it was pre existing! I had never even seen the surgeon before last week!! Will find anyway to get out of paying for something.

Keesha

KeeshaDarwin, NT

Seems expensive but worth it

I have been with Police Health for (as long as I can remember) 12+ years.
Although there are definitely cheaper options for private health insurance, Police Health are very good and the ease of submitting a claim and friendly customer service makes me stay with them. Every time I have rung to make an enquiry I have never had to wait on hold for more than a couple of minutes and have always spoken to lovely staff.

PerseusSydney, NSW

Outstanding experience with Police Health. Highly Recommended.

relaxed28

relaxed28Newcastle

Very impressed

We change over to Police Health about 9 months ago. In this time I have found them very easy to deal with whether over the phone or using their online claiming. The benefits they pay are excellent and you actually feel you are getting something in return for the premiums you pay. Yes they are more expensive than others we had looked at, but I think their service and benefits paid more than make up for that. Before changing to Police Health, we were seriously considering dropping private health insurance due to cost and lack of benefits, however, since moving to Police Health we will definitely be keeping our private health insurance.

Lauren

LaurenNorth Queensland, QLD

Best Insurance Ever

I have been with Police Health for 4 years and I cannot fault them. I work for a Dental Surgery and the benefits I receive from Police are by far more than any other health fund I have seen come through my practice. Claiming is super easy and I would recommend Police Health to anyone who is eligible.

My review

Policy is definately good value. Would like to endorse some options to make it cheaper. For retirees though. I don't have doctors fees or prescription fees because of remote location.
Other than that I am happy with service.

Great Health fund

Policy is real value. Been a member for many years.
Customer support is terrific. My dear wife Gill passed away with Cancer in 2017
She fought for over 4 years. The support from Police Health was so supportive all the way through. Thank you for the wonderful years of support.

Find out how Police Health compares to other Health Insurance

I should have joined years ago.

The Policy is excellent value compared to the previous fund I was with. It was very easy to set up and the Customer support was brilliant in every detail & nothing seemed a problem.

OLD TIMERS LEFT OUT

I wish this Health Insurance was available to us old timers (retired in 1998), Can you explain why us ex-members have been left out? We were all in the same job!

Insurance claim madeNo

Health fund to beat all

Pretty good value, easy to set up & customer service is brilliant, every single interaction has been very professional and positive and better than any health fund I’ve been in before.

Ad

Best decision we ever made!

We joined Police Health in February 2016, so wish we had known this fund was available to NSW Police from 2010. Changing funds was all done by Police Health professionally & swiftly. We have found the Customer Support exceptional & the entire staff delightful to deal with. We definitely urge ALL Police families both past, (2001 separation) & present to do themselves a favour & ‘get on board’. Our providers are amazed with the amount of refund we receive. Thank you Police Health.

Health Insurance at its best

Brilliant - affordable

. Policy is great value especially as I got older.
. Setting it up was sooo much easier than other health benefits.
. Customer support are so helpful especially when you do get older and actually need the services you've paid for.

Find out how Police Health compares to other Health Insurance

Health insurance by Police for police!

I've had top flight Platinum health since QPS were offered this product, originally included my family but now single. Recently used to obtain 2 x pairs of $299 glasses (my cost $37) & presently having major dental work. ($8,000+) Called to query policy re dental n massively supported by cover for more than half the costs!

Review collected in partnership with Police Health

I don't know where I would be without Police Health. They are excellent with payment of claims and a

1. Yes its tops. Very happy with refunds. Staff very helpful should I have a query.
2. Yes no problems. Easy to read on web page and they cover everything I needed.
3. 10 out of 10.

lovemyshoes

lovemyshoes

Relieving to have cover that you can rely on when you need it

Platinum hospital and extras cover is great for parents who want peace and mind of having kids covered until they’re 25. Also love the Nil excess for hospital visits and just knowing that when we needed cover this year, two trips to hospital for surgery, we could go to the best private hospital without worrying about our out of pocket expenses. Thanks Police Health.

Margaret

Margaretasked

My son-in-law is a police officer. Am I eligible?

Who Can Join?
Police Health is restricted access private health insurer exclusive for:

1. Current Australian police officers and police employees of state, territory or federal police departments, police unions and associations.

2. Retired and former police officers, and employees of police departments, unions and associations in Australia who resigned on or retired after 1 January 2001 (or any time for South Australia).

3. In addition, eligibility also extends to the families of the above:

partners, including spouse or defacto
former partners
dependent and adult children (including the partners and dependent children of the adult children)
Contact us if you are uncertain about your eligibility. 1800 603 603.

Hope it helps give them a call if you're unsure.

Police H.Police Health

Hi Margret, Although you do not qualify for Police Health, you may be eligible to join our sister fund Emergency Services Health, to check your eligibility please give us a call 1300 703 703

Teggy

Teggyasked

Is this fund available for everyone including retired UK police officers?.

Perseus

From their web site: Police Health is restricted access private health insurer exclusive for:

3. In addition, eligibility also extends to the families of the above: