Polytec

Discoloured kitchen

We have a kitchen and two bathrooms in our home with Polytec cabinets which have all completely discoloured, from bright white to yellow, within 5 years of installation. We didn’t install the kitchen ourselves, so have been told that we can’t be covered by the Polytec warranty without original invoices. This of course is not strictly the fault of Polytec, however given that in this case the cabinet maker is refusing to provide any proof of purchase to us, we have no recourse against a defective product. Disappointing to say the least, and relevant to anyone purchasing a property with this product already installed- you will not be assisted if this happens to you.

Store LocationNuImage joinery
Hi Mia, We are so sorry to hear that this has occurred. If possible, could you email our warranty team to seek a resolution? warranty@polytec.com.au

Warranty polytec kitchen

Ticks go to Polytec for their warranty on my 5 year old kitchen which had gone from bright white to cream. Replaced with no fuss awesome tradie Kai cleaned up took 2 days very happy customer highly recommend this company

Thank you for your wonderful review Debbie!

Wonderful service and great product

I had an issue with my kitchen drawers but as it turned out, it was an issue in relation to the design and not the materials. Although this was not Polytech's issue they still helped me out by replacing the kitchen drawers and installing it all at no cost to me. The product looks wonderful and both Dale and Michael were fantastic

Thank you for taking the time to review, and we are so glad to hear your kitchen is as good as new again :)

Difficult to keep scratch free.

Had a kitchen renovation about 5 years ago, Royal Oyster ultraglaze. It looks wonderful but constantly worry when the grandchildren visit as it is not child friendly. Scratches easily and I don’t know how to remove them. Smudge marks easily too but wipe off relatively well. The installers left some glue and this shows up in certain light conditions. Don’t know how to remove this either. The kitchen looks great but is hard work in a very light filled area.

Hi there, Sorry to hear about this! polytec only purchased the Ultraglaze brand in 2015 and since then have updated the product range to perform better with advanced scuff resistant properties. The installers should be contacted in regards to the glue left behind.

Refuse to post or deliver small package: pickup only central coast

I recently ordered new edging tape to smarten up my Polytec kitchen cabinets & requested postage be added to the invoice. [name removed] in Customer Service told me "All retail orders must be collected from our Somersby Warehouse, either by yourself or by a courier company." It seemed bizarre to refuse a service as basic as postage but I needed the product & paid the invoice (o/n 7771229).
When I Googled the warehouse address I discovered Somersby was on the Central Coast over 3 hours roundtrip from Sydney by car. I dont drive so the remoteness of the location would take over 6 hours there & back by public transport including walking 5.5 kilometers. A few weeks after placing my order [name removed] in Customer Service emailed asking if I still wanted the item. I hadnt been told it was ready but I'd paid for it so of course I wanted it. I explained the difficulty of an expedition to Somersby without a car, & told her an online courier company quoted $100 to collect. I asked if it might be possible to let me pay extra to have my parcel included in a scheduled post office run. Failing that, I'd be happy to pay $28.50 for the standard courier service advertised in their online brochure (for delivery of orders of unlimited weight & dimensions - my parcel weighs 1kg).
Annaleise in Customer Service replied:
"Unfortunately for Pick up orders we cannot deliver. Delivery is $28.50 for account holders. You would need to organise your own courier to pick up."
There was no reason given for my purchase being branded a 'Pickup order' or for excluding non account holders from paying for delivery.
None of the many Customer Service staff who emailed me in the last 2 months showed any interest in trying to help or offer a solution (perhaps sending my parcel to a showroom within my reach, including it with a local delivery, or just letting me pay $28.50 for their courier service!).
Polytec usually doesn't sell direct to the public, they only accept trade orders from cabinet makers & installers so I guess they dont want to help because technically I'm not a 'customer'.
This is really upsetting because I CHOSE Polytec finishes for MY kitchen & I paid for them - RETAIL. I specified the colours & finishes, I drew the plans. The tradesmen I employed to fabricate & install MY kitchen had nothing to do with MY choice or MY selection but they get preferential treatment & I'm excluded from the privilege of receiving Customer Service. Why not look after the people who OWN & USE their products instead of being deliberately obstructive & inexplicably petty by refusing to allow postage or delivery?
They wont post my parcel at my expense but if I could afford to install a new kitchen, Polytec would happily send me free colour samples by priority mail. I feel like I'm being punished for the impertinence of wishing to maintain a kitchen that still looks good after 20 years. They'd rather force me to waste hours of my time on an uneccessary trek to a ridiculously obscure location to collect a 1kg parcel than put it in the post. Two months down the track my purchase remains stranded in Somersby.

Store Locationonline - from Somersby warehouse
Sorry to hear this! We will investigate and get back to you.Hi Karen, We have looked at this order and the last communication on 28/5/19 was a request for the pickup address and item details which were supplied – the item is still ready for collection. Polytec is a trade-only supplier and this exception was made to help with your project. As stated when the order was placed, delivery was not an option as we do not have systems in place to deliver to residential areas from our warehouses. We are more than happy to offer a full refund, or we can deliver this item directly to your cabinetmaker who will be applying the material and holds a trade account. Please let us know what you would like to do. polytecDear Sarah, thank you for your reply. Regretably I've been unable to find a way to collect my order. I tried to pay for postage but was denied. Does Polytec not send their mail via Australia Post? I don't have a cabinet maker nor do I need one to apply edging tape! If I could afford to employ one for such a simple task it would be someone local so if you can send it to one of the 5 cabinet makers within a 1km radius of my house in Redfern (one of them 2 streets away, less than a minute walk) why can't you send it to me? The criteria of having to hold a trade account is irrelevant as I have already paid for the item. For the record, a quick Google search for cabinet makers in Sydney confirms that the vast majority are located in residential areas so refusing to even allow me to pay the same amount you charge for delivering a kitchen, possibly to a cabinet maker around the corner from me, so I can use the edging tape I purchased months ago is completely unreasonable. All I asked was to have my item posted to me at my expense - something no other business or individual I have ever purchased from has ever been unwilling or unable to do - it's the most basic of services! Do you honestly think its too much trouble to include one small package with your weekly mail? The amount of anguish this has caused me is ridiculously out of proportion to the simple transaction it could have been, compounded by the fact that all the hard work I've done to have my home looking its best will be let down by the unfinished kitchen when family members arrive next week for the anniversary of my husband's death.

Honouring of warranty

Our white kitchen cupboards and bathroom vanities turned yellow. After contacting the company they came and inspected and advised that all would be replaced. All work has now been finished and cannot fault their professionalism and workmanship, we now have a sparkling white kitchen again. I congratulate the company on honouring their warranty as the kitchen had been in for 6 years (but gradually turning yellow of the past 3 years).

Hi Sue, Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and your new cabinetry.

Polytec maintenance issue

Our quite new white kitchen and bathroom cupboards had become a horrible cream colour. Polytec came and check measured all affected areas and replaced with lovely bright white doors etc. There were two drawers, 1 cupboard which were not included in the order (due to a mistake) and 1 bench end had a scratch on it. The tradesmen who installed the new doors etc. have promised to return and fix these items. The workmen were polite, clean, tidy and did their work very well. We look forward to getting the repairs completed as soon as possible.

Hey there! We are glad to hear your doors and drawers are getting replaced, and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for taking the time to review!

Cannot repair minor damage in benchtop

Small chip (<1cm) in new matera benchtop and was advised by Polytec no product to repair and they only recommend to replace the benchtop. Matera benchtop seems to scratch and damage easily. No service in regards to repair of their own product.

Hi Lisa, Did you contact our warranty team and put in a claim? Please let us know if the chip occurred during installation - it is not easy to repair a chip in a laminate bench top, which is why they would have suggested a replacement. Look forward to hearing from you, polytecI am unsure how it happened as I have had many trades in my house and am not in a position to redo kitchen bench for a small chip.Hi Lisa, please let us know if you have contacted our warranty team, otherwise we won't be able to find a solution. Regards, polytec

Matera laminate is not a good product

Have just installed a new Freedom kitchen with a matera laminate on the island bench. Within 3 weeks a scratch has marked the matera permanately. Advised it is not a warranty issue. What is the point of having a surface in a kitchen that cannot cope with wear and tear. So disappointed with the product and the company. Such a waste of money. Do not deal with this product. Both companies have full payment for their products but leave a very unhappy customer. I do intend to take it higher and go to consumer affairs.

Good morning, Have you contacted polytec directly, or were you advised this through Freedom Kitchens? Regards, polytec

Warranty panel replacement

Great warranty service, exceptional personell and workmanship .New kitchen exceeds expectations with quality and attention to detail. These tradesmen should be paid a lot more than installers.

Hi Brian, Thank you for your great review - we are glad you received such exceptional service!

Beyond expected customer service

I recently went through a warranty claim with Polytec regarding the discolouration of my kitchen cupboards (white to yellowish). Immediately they were aware of the defective batch, claimed responsibility, remeasured the kitchen and made an appointment to replace everything under warranty. The whole process was quick and easy. Defective items are sold daily, it happens, its how the company reacts that decides how people will perceive them and I personally believe Polytec handled this matter in an upmost professional manor.

A Polytec tradesman came out and replaced all defective items in my kitchen and the result is amazing. It wasn't a "quick job" it was done with attention to detail, could not find one bad thing about it. Being a Carpenter myself you appreciate this kind of work. I was working during the new installation and had washing on the line, the tradesman before he finished for the day noticed it was about to rain and took the clothes off the line for me. How can you beat that?

I will definitely use them again and highly recommend Polytec as they stand by their name and product.

Hi there, What a great review - thank you! It's refreshing to hear that our staff took your washing off the line in addition to replacing your cabinetry, and we are happy you received such great service.

Fantastic service

We had a gloss white kitchen installed 3 or 4 years ago which started to go yellow. We contacted the Company as our installers had retired. Upon sending a copy of receipt they promptly sent a representative to check it out. ( note we live North Coast NSW ) He measured up and we made a time to redo the kitchen. We were very concerned that it would be pulled apart and redone ok, however the two young tradesmen were fantastic and two days of work later ( its a large kitchen) we were thrilled with the job and the professional and friendly way in which it was done, the kitchen and outside work area was left spotless.
Polytec obviously had a production issue with this product, however its so refreshing to find a company that stands by its product so well in this day and age

Hi Geoff, We are so happy to hear this issue was resolved and you're pleased with the service!

Never Buy Polytec

As owner/builders it was our intention to create a key feature wall of floor to ceiling cupboards and the particular colour was chosen to enhance this overall affect. The overall concept works well however the laminate product we chose has never been able to be cleaned effectively to achieve a streak free finish. This detracts from the intention of the design and upsets me greatly because I spend so much time trying clean it. The kitchen island is white and there are no issues with cleaning this laminate finish, as it does not leave any streaks. (same way I clean the cupboard doors)
On advise from my cabinet installer I use mild soap and water, microfibers cloths, chamois, diluted vinegar, and a window cleaner wiper in an attempt to obtain an all over streak free clean finish but nothing has worked. If you attempt to wipe any small mark especially when opening the doors or even touch with clean fingertips or hand it leaves an imprint and wipe marks are clearly visible.
A rep recently came to my home and took further photos. He asked if I had ever used any ammonia based product, gumption or steel wool, which I informed that I had not. He spent some considerable time cleaning a small 20cm diameter using a spray product he had brought with him and a microfibre cloth. I indicated that it was unrealistic to take that amount of time to clean a small portion of the cupboard and as soon as I touched the spot it absorbed my fingerprints and was marked once again. I was told by this rep to expect a response by the warranty manager within a couple of weeks. Last Wednesday I received a phone call from the newly appointed national manager that polytec would not be replacing my cupboard doors under my warranty given the rep had informed him I had not been using the correct cleaning product and I should have been aware of any issues with the product when choosing from the original sample. Very unhappy with this response and wanted the reps feedback and manager's decision in writing and a senior contact person within polytec I could discuss this complaint with further. To date still no response.

Hi, I apologise for the late response. Have you heard anything further regarding this?My matter is still being resolved.Hi, I will follow this up with our warranty team. Thank you.

Stay away from this product

We had a new kitchen installed using polytec cabinet doors, on the understanding that we were paying for a quality product. This is not the case.
The laminate covering over doors and panels started falling off, just after the warranty period lapsed.
We would have been much better off painting the cabinets of an older solid timber kitchen, rather than purchasing this product.
Extremely disappointed.

Good Day Emily. I am sorry that this has occurred, if you would like to email warranty@polytec.com.au with your details we will happily investigate further. Regards Warranty Team

Service excellence

Instilled polytec ultra white kitchen 3years ago and all cabinets turned an awful yellow.

Our kitchen installer contacted polytec who contacted us then promptly inspected the cabinets and accepted responsible and offered to replaced our kitchen

Four weeks later today the kitchen was replaced and now looks awesome again

The service has been outstanding. They attended when promised and carried out the work in a professional manner. Our home was left immaculatly clean and the replacement work took only one day to complete

Thank you for the feedback and taking the time to write this review. As a business polytec is continually striving to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. We hope that you enjoy your kitchen. Regards, Polytec Warranty Team

Awesome service

I did write previously about my "yellowing" white kitchen. They were great in accepting liability of a faulty batch and replaced my kitchen without issues at all. Michael was an awesome rep. For the company and was impeccable and efficient in doing the job. So glad I read the forums and realised warranty still covered the replacement. I now have an amazing new kitchen which is what I originally paid for but never got.

Thank you Kat for taking the time to write this review. polytec and its warranty team appreciate the feedback and continually strive to ensure a high level of customer service. We are glad that you are loving your new kitchen.

Please Avoid

Laminate began to lift from the bench top after a month or so. WA rep promised resolution but nothing. My messages are now being ignored and head office will only speak with the cabinet maker. What a joke. Please take your business elsewhere.

Good Day Grant, Sorry that this has occurred, if you would contact polytec warranty we would be more than happy to investigate. Kind Regards Polytec Warranty

Very disappointed

We had our kitchen installed in 2003. The laminate is now separating from most of the cupboards and drawers. I just got off the phone with Michelle at Polytec and she advised that they were not interested in assisting me. I asked for them to send a rep out to inspect my kitchen but she refused. The kitchen is still perfectly functional and has been looked after. So I don't want to have to replace a perfectly good kitchen. This is very disappointing. I would very strongly recommend avoiding this company.

Good Day Mark, We are sorry that this has happened. if you would like to contact polytec warranty we happily investigate. Regards Polytec Warranty

Love my kitchen doors on installing!

I decided as we where building our dream home and I was getting a dream kitchen we would pay the extra and have Polytec doors. I chose the Rio high gloss white and I loved my kitchen. Well on wiping off dirty marks of some doors I realised the glue had come undone. I was and still am devastated. I did call the cabinet maker that did my kitchen but he said it was out of warranty and nothing he could do. Yes very depressing and I would never ever recommend the product to anyone. I am now in the process of deciding what I am going to replace my doors with.

Good Day Jaye, if you would like to contact polytec warranty we would be more than willing to investigate the matter further. Regards Polytec Warranty

Another unhappy customer

Well it seems that we join the list of unhappy customers. The reports of Polytec cupboards and kitchen veneer coming 'unstuck' is exactly the same problems that we have experienced. We were also told that it was a faulty batch. As well, we have also encountered the problem of fading of the veneer- so it's a case of a double whammy for us. And yes Polytec have washed their hands of any responsibility for the quality of their product or workmanship. It seems that our top priced product is nowhere near a top quality product and we are stuck with the prospect of replacing the entire kitchen- no responsibility accepted by Polytec. Unfortunately our contracted kitchen designer/installer Planet Kitchens does not feel that they bear any responsibility either. If either company has any scruples they should take immediate steps to solving the problems that so many seem to be experiencing. It seems that Polytec's philosophy is a case of "Let the buyer beware" and Planet Kitchens don't see things any differently. Well, do something right Polytec and Planet Kitchens. Get behind your product and give your businesses some credibility.

Lynette, Sorry that this has occurred, if you would contact polytec warranty directly we would be more than happy to investigate, Polytec Warranty

Hi Polytec I am considering refurbing my kitchen with Polytec product for cupboards etc & selecting matt white polytec. My question is has the yellowing issues noted in these reviews been resolved please?? I don't wish to go down this track where replacement is necessary in a couple of years due to degrading as my kitchen is full of light facing north. Many thanks Bev - Port Stephens NSW
Hi Bev, The yellowing occurred with a particular product, and has since been resolved :)No it hasn’t been resolved in our case as the company was unable to apply the warranty. The yellowing occurred within three years of installation and our kitchen receives no direct light.Thanks Mia & Sarah

Hi I’ve just had my laundry done in legato crisp white which I payed quite a bit extra for but today I gave it the first wipe over after the installation and can’t remove the couple of minor dirty fingerprints after the install. Just normal dirty marks. I’ve tried hot soapy water and also metho. I’m a bit stressed that I’ve chosen the wrong material. I wanted easy maintenance??
Hi Karyn, have you tried using a microfibre cloth and streak-free glass cleaner? Please try the following steps and let us know if it still has the marks: 1. Wipe cabinets with warm soapy water and a microfibre cloth 2. Use a streak-free glass cleaner and microfibre cloth for the stubborn marks 3. Repeat step 1 Regards, polytecHi Sarah. I have tried window cleaner and a microfiber cloth and the marks are still there. Is this product suitable for a laundry and should a grubby fingerprint come off? KarynHi Karyn, There shouldn't be visible marks after cleaning. Have you contacted your cabinetmaker in regards to this?

Installed new kitchen about 4.5 years ago. Had issue with swelling on a small portion of kickboard and edges of the doors and drawers swelling. After hassling the cabinet maker for more than a year, finally had 2 visits from cabinet maker, local rep and warranty manager only to be told that it was normal wear and tear and that we did not keep the doors and cupboards dry from any water drops that run from the cupboard and stay underneath the edges. Polytec suggest cleaning with soapy water in their maintenance guide - we never used water for cleaning. Don't know if they are just getting rid of their responsibility by making up things. Don't know if it was faulty workmanship or material. Any suggestions or anyone with same issue?
Hi there, if you can email warranty@polytec.com.au, we will try to fix the situation. Thanks!

Polytec