2.7

KaraHunter Region, NSW

Steer clear of the matte venette

Kara

Yes I understand that but they are not willing to do anything about the black. Which the marking is just as bad on. You shouldn’t have to clean a cupboard every time it’s touched even with water.

Happy HouseholdHunter Region, NSW

A Company that stands by their Product!

It's a dream come true to have my 'ultra white' kitchen that turned yellow replaced under Warranty. Polytec honoured their 7 year Warranty Policy & I was impressed with the way their staff conducted themselves, carrying out the replacement work with care, integrity & consideration.
I'd like to thank Polytec for being a Top Company.

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for your lovely review!

Yellowing of white doors

We purposely bought the the ‘ultra white gloss’ as we wanted a super white kitchen. I loved it for the first 4 years and then noticed a yellowing. Now it looks terrible. Kitchen installed November 2014

Hi there,

Please contact our warranty team, who can assist further. Thank you.

Hi Cheryl,

Please let us know if you need further assistance?

Cheryl

Yes, please. I would like to know 'where to from here'. I was so so proud of our kitchen initially and now am so disappointed every time I look at my cupboards. Thanks, I await your response as to how this can be sorted.

Gary S.South East Queensland, QLD

Ruined my brand new apartment

Store LocationAustralian Joinery Products

Possum123Perth, WA

Rubbish product

Had polytec venette in drak grey installed on my new kitchen island drawer panel fronts. Shows every little mark, constantly cleaning and even then still doesn't look great. Also have a scuff mark when not supposed to scuff. Would never recommend to anyone

Store LocationThrough cabinet maker in Perth
Sarah M.Polytec

Hi there, please note that we have forwarded your details onto our WA team.

Terrific product

As an owner builder, I used polytec products to manufacture my own kitchen cabinets.
In my opinion the product is excellent.
I am surprised and disappointed at some of the comments here.

Store LocationWangara WA
Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are so glad you are happy with the finished product!

AnnissaHunter Region, NSW

White cabinets turned yellow

We built a new home in 2010 and had white cabinets installed with polytec in kitchen ensuite and bathroom. All white doors turned yellow within the first 5 years. Terrible product.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi there, our standard warranty period is seven years. Please contact our warranty department and we will review your case. Thank you.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Annissa, thank you for letting us know your issue has been resolved. We are happy to hear you had a positive outcome!

Josh A.

Josh A.Sydney, NSW

Excellent product, service, and staff. Highly recommended.

I have Polytec cabinetry in my recently renovated kitchen and laundry. The product is great, and the staff have always been very pleasant, professional, and punctual. I would happily recommend Polytec to friends and family.

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are so thrilled to hear you are happy with your kitchen and laundry!

AngelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stay clear of this product. Worse laminate product I have ever encountered.

Hi Angela,

We are so sorry to hear this! Please let us know if you contacted our warranty department?

Angela

I did not contact your Warranty Department because it was your representative from Polytec who told me we would not be covered for anything as he did not class the product as faulty or defective so it would be a waste of time.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Angela, we have notified our After Sales Service Team to investigate further. They will be in contact. Thank you.

356nutGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unacceptable

Yes I have

Brett S.

Brett S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not yet a client but...

I'm currently shopping for new kitchen, bathroom and laundry cabinetry. I've read the reviews here and I must say I'm impressed with the way Polytec responds to issues. That's a huge plus in Australia these days with so many dodgy businesses on the market.

Store LocationBrisbane Home Centre
Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for your kind review!

Cathy P.

Cathy P.Sydney, NSW

Exceptional Quality Customer Service - Polytec

Store LocationPolytec

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with polytec and hope you enjoy your new kitchen!

Mia

MiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Discoloured kitchen

We have a kitchen and two bathrooms in our home with Polytec cabinets which have all completely discoloured, from bright white to yellow, within 5 years of installation. We didn’t install the kitchen ourselves, so have been told that we can’t be covered by the Polytec warranty without original invoices. This of course is not strictly the fault of Polytec, however given that in this case the cabinet maker is refusing to provide any proof of purchase to us, we have no recourse against a defective product. Disappointing to say the least, and relevant to anyone purchasing a property with this product already installed- you will not be assisted if this happens to you.

Store LocationNuImage joinery
Debbie

DebbieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Warranty polytec kitchen

Ticks go to Polytec for their warranty on my 5 year old kitchen which had gone from bright white to cream. Replaced with no fuss awesome tradie Kai cleaned up took 2 days very happy customer highly recommend this company

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for your wonderful review Debbie!

Roula

RoulaHaywards Bay

Wonderful service and great product

I had an issue with my kitchen drawers but as it turned out, it was an issue in relation to the design and not the materials. Although this was not Polytech's issue they still helped me out by replacing the kitchen drawers and installing it all at no cost to me. The product looks wonderful and both Dale and Michael were fantastic

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for taking the time to review, and we are so glad to hear your kitchen is as good as new again :)

Kez

KezPerth, WA

Difficult to keep scratch free.

Had a kitchen renovation about 5 years ago, Royal Oyster ultraglaze. It looks wonderful but constantly worry when the grandchildren visit as it is not child friendly. Scratches easily and I don’t know how to remove them. Smudge marks easily too but wipe off relatively well. The installers left some glue and this shows up in certain light conditions. Don’t know how to remove this either. The kitchen looks great but is hard work in a very light filled area.

KarenSydney, NSW

Refuse to post or deliver small package: pickup only central coast

Store Locationonline - from Somersby warehouse
Sarah M.Polytec

Sorry to hear this! We will investigate and get back to you.

Honouring of warranty

Our white kitchen cupboards and bathroom vanities turned yellow. After contacting the company they came and inspected and advised that all would be replaced. All work has now been finished and cannot fault their professionalism and workmanship, we now have a sparkling white kitchen again. I congratulate the company on honouring their warranty as the kitchen had been in for 6 years (but gradually turning yellow of the past 3 years).

Hi Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and your new cabinetry.

lyn5

lyn5Hunter Region, NSW

Polytec maintenance issue

Our quite new white kitchen and bathroom cupboards had become a horrible cream colour. Polytec came and check measured all affected areas and replaced with lovely bright white doors etc. There were two drawers, 1 cupboard which were not included in the order (due to a mistake) and 1 bench end had a scratch on it. The tradesmen who installed the new doors etc. have promised to return and fix these items. The workmen were polite, clean, tidy and did their work very well. We look forward to getting the repairs completed as soon as possible.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hey there! We are glad to hear your doors and drawers are getting replaced, and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for taking the time to review!

Lisa BBrisbane

Cannot repair minor damage in benchtop

Small chip (<1cm) in new matera benchtop and was advised by Polytec no product to repair and they only recommend to replace the benchtop. Matera benchtop seems to scratch and damage easily. No service in regards to repair of their own product.

Lisa B

I am unsure how it happened as I have had many trades in my house and am not in a position to redo kitchen bench for a small chip.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Lisa, please let us know if you have contacted our warranty team, otherwise we won't be able to find a solution.

Regards,
polytec

WheyGuy

WheyGuyasked

If my house was build by a volume builder and I did not receive a detailed invoice specifically for the kitchen. How do I make a warranty claim in this situation without an invoice (receipt)? Does Polytec usually require proof of purchase to process warranty claims?

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi there, proof of purchase is required for a warranty claim. Your builder and subsequent cabinetmaker would be able to provide you with the required information.

Louieasked

How do I remove scratches from my polytec bench top????

Happy Household

Hi Louie, I have stone bench tops on my Polytec benches & draws but I wipe my doors over with a damp sponge but I haven't had scratches on them, sorry I can't be of more help

Louie

Polytec is not stone so removal of scratches is ?????

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi there, unfortunately, it is not possible to remove scratches from a laminate benchtop.

Jacqui B.asked

Hi, my kitchen is done in polytec fingerprint proof material in matt black. I'm so disappointed it's only 2 years old and the laminate is rubbish. It actually stains and i cannot for the life of me get the stains off. Yes no fingerprints but stains permanently. I have cleaned with warm soapy water, Windex, metho and nothing removes the marks

Hi Jacqui,

Can you please contact our warranty team so we can investigate this issue further?

Sarah K.
Sarah K.

Hi Jacqui, I also have black matt and I have found the only product that gets the marks off every time is Koh! I have tried metho, wonder, soapy water and this is the only thing that removes them.
Sarah

Jacqui B.

Thanks Sarah! Have just ordered some fingers crossed it works!

Get an answer from our members and Polytec representatives