2.5

wendlle

wendlleAU

Love the Benchtops

Just replaced our old ugly laminate benchtop with a Polytec Laminate in Tunisia Stone Matera which is an ultra Matte finish.
It looks AMAZING, I went with a 40mm thickness instead of a standard 32mm and it really looks like a stone benchtop but without the crazy price tag that I just couldn't justify.
This benchtop looks fantastic paired with a black composite granite sink that I got from Hafele.
Highy recommend their Matera finish benchtops.

Store LocationMitre 10

Ann11Sydney, NSW

Frustrating experience

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Ann, we cannot locate the details of your job, can you please advise who your cabinetmaker was so we can find your original order?

Avoid Venette

Store LocationMelbourne
Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Kat, can you please let us know if you contacted our warranty department in regards to this?

Kat R
Kat R

Annette

AnnetteWheatbelt, WA

Bench top scratches

I purchased my new kitchen Feb last year first island bench top had scratches they agreed to replace the replacement turned up with scratches when plastic covering was removed they sent it back and had another bench top sent out to find out my 6 month old kitchen has a lot of scratches but they refuse to replace it now I was told my plates and cups must be causing it so now a year old what are they going to look like in 3 years not happy at all with them

Store LocationBeyond Cabinets
Cath P

Cath PIllawarra, NSW

Kitchen Bench Top Disappointment

Installed Matera laminate on our kitchen bench tops 3 years ago. It now looks older than the 26 year old one we replaced. It has dulled and scratched. DON"T BUY.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Cath, we offer a 7-year warranty should you have a manufacturing-related problem in future. We, unfortunately, do not cover wear and tear. We do apologise for the negative experience you have had.

Nadine N.South East Queensland, QLD

Ruined My Brand New Home that has 2 1/2 kitchens

• +1
Store LocationClarendon
Matt

Matt

Misleading marketing of Ultramatt; inferior product that shows every tiny smudge and stains easily

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Matt, please advise if you have spoken to our representative as we have been notified your claim is still under investigation. Thanks!

KaraHunter Region, NSW

Steer clear of the matte venette

Kara

Yes I understand that but they are not willing to do anything about the black. Which the marking is just as bad on. You shouldn’t have to clean a cupboard every time it’s touched even with water.

Happy Household

Happy HouseholdHunter Region, NSW

A Company that stands by their Product!

It's a dream come true to have my 'ultra white' kitchen that turned yellow replaced under Warranty. Polytec honoured their 7 year Warranty Policy & I was impressed with the way their staff conducted themselves, carrying out the replacement work with care, integrity & consideration.
I'd like to thank Polytec for being a Top Company.

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for your lovely review!

Yellowing of white doors

We purposely bought the the ‘ultra white gloss’ as we wanted a super white kitchen. I loved it for the first 4 years and then noticed a yellowing. Now it looks terrible. Kitchen installed November 2014

Hi there,

Please contact our warranty team, who can assist further. Thank you.

Hi Cheryl,

Please let us know if you need further assistance?

Cheryl

Yes, please. I would like to know 'where to from here'. I was so so proud of our kitchen initially and now am so disappointed every time I look at my cupboards. Thanks, I await your response as to how this can be sorted.

Gary S.South East Queensland, QLD

Ruined my brand new apartment

Store LocationAustralian Joinery Products

Possum123Perth, WA

Rubbish product

Had polytec venette in drak grey installed on my new kitchen island drawer panel fronts. Shows every little mark, constantly cleaning and even then still doesn't look great. Also have a scuff mark when not supposed to scuff. Would never recommend to anyone

Store LocationThrough cabinet maker in Perth
Sarah M.Polytec

Hi there, please note that we have forwarded your details onto our WA team.

Terrific product

As an owner builder, I used polytec products to manufacture my own kitchen cabinets.
In my opinion the product is excellent.
I am surprised and disappointed at some of the comments here.

Store LocationWangara WA
Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are so glad you are happy with the finished product!

AnnissaHunter Region, NSW

White cabinets turned yellow

We built a new home in 2010 and had white cabinets installed with polytec in kitchen ensuite and bathroom. All white doors turned yellow within the first 5 years. Terrible product.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi there, our standard warranty period is seven years. Please contact our warranty department and we will review your case. Thank you.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Annissa, thank you for letting us know your issue has been resolved. We are happy to hear you had a positive outcome!

Josh A.

Josh A.Sydney, NSW

Excellent product, service, and staff. Highly recommended.

I have Polytec cabinetry in my recently renovated kitchen and laundry. The product is great, and the staff have always been very pleasant, professional, and punctual. I would happily recommend Polytec to friends and family.

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are so thrilled to hear you are happy with your kitchen and laundry!

AngelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stay clear of this product. Worse laminate product I have ever encountered.

Hi Angela,

We are so sorry to hear this! Please let us know if you contacted our warranty department?

Angela

I did not contact your Warranty Department because it was your representative from Polytec who told me we would not be covered for anything as he did not class the product as faulty or defective so it would be a waste of time.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Angela, we have notified our After Sales Service Team to investigate further. They will be in contact. Thank you.

356nutGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unacceptable

Yes I have

Brett S.

Brett S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not yet a client but...

I'm currently shopping for new kitchen, bathroom and laundry cabinetry. I've read the reviews here and I must say I'm impressed with the way Polytec responds to issues. That's a huge plus in Australia these days with so many dodgy businesses on the market.

Store LocationBrisbane Home Centre
Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for your kind review!

Cathy P.

Cathy P.Sydney, NSW

Exceptional Quality Customer Service - Polytec

Store LocationPolytec

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with polytec and hope you enjoy your new kitchen!

Mia

MiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Discoloured kitchen

We have a kitchen and two bathrooms in our home with Polytec cabinets which have all completely discoloured, from bright white to yellow, within 5 years of installation. We didn’t install the kitchen ourselves, so have been told that we can’t be covered by the Polytec warranty without original invoices. This of course is not strictly the fault of Polytec, however given that in this case the cabinet maker is refusing to provide any proof of purchase to us, we have no recourse against a defective product. Disappointing to say the least, and relevant to anyone purchasing a property with this product already installed- you will not be assisted if this happens to you.

Store LocationNuImage joinery

James W.

James W.asked

What maximum temperature does the reaction between the two parts of 75 70 reach?

Pouv

Pouvasked

We are are in the process getting our kitchen quoted and have noticed and number of complaints against Ultraglaze product especially in regards to the white colour changing to yellow... But we noticed that there is no complaints against Createc product...

Questions:

1 - In terms of quality compared between the twoproduct? Createc Vs Ultraglaze?
2 - Is Createc is relatively new product?
3 - In terms of pricing whoch one is more expensive?

Thanks,
Pouv

Hi Pouv,

There are no manufacturing faults with either Createc or Ultraglaze products, these are both premium ranges and come with a 7 year warranty to give you assurance our products do last the test of time.

Ultraglaze is a newer product than Createc and is an acrylic surface rather than a lacquered surface. We would recommend viewing both colours in a sample to determine what is best for your application.

Trushar J.asked

Yesterday we finalised our new large kitchen and Butler’s pantry with Polytec Black Wenge Gloss finish. After reading some reviews here I am seriously bit concerned with high maintenance requirement with dark colour and having marks issue. Please let us know while we can still change which product do you offer with least maintenance and leave very minimal fingerprints? I saw Venette finish in same Black Wenge Color - should I change it to Venette to meet my less maintenance requirement?

Ann11

Hi, have you sent this to me in error? I can tell you from my experience my cabinets are high gloss white and you can see the fingerprints and smudges depending on the lighting. Hoping you can get some answers and make the right decision for you.

Trushar J.

Sorry not sure what happened there! However thanks for your feedback. I still like to explore what difference it would be with matt finish though so I will check again in main topic. Appreciate your help.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi there, Gloss finishes will show fingerprints as it is a glass-like surface, with similar cleaning to glass. Venette has been created for customers to achieve a matte, soft finish with minimal fingerprints.

Get an answer from our members and Polytec representatives