AngelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stay clear of this product. Worse laminate product I have ever encountered.

Hi Angela,

We are so sorry to hear this! Please let us know if you contacted our warranty department?

Angela

I did not contact your Warranty Department because it was your representative from Polytec who told me we would not be covered for anything as he did not class the product as faulty or defective so it would be a waste of time.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Angela, we have notified our After Sales Service Team to investigate further. They will be in contact. Thank you.

356nutGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unacceptable

Yes I have

Brett S.

Brett S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not yet a client but...

I'm currently shopping for new kitchen, bathroom and laundry cabinetry. I've read the reviews here and I must say I'm impressed with the way Polytec responds to issues. That's a huge plus in Australia these days with so many dodgy businesses on the market.

Store LocationBrisbane Home Centre
Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for your kind review!

Cathy P.

Cathy P.Sydney, NSW

Exceptional Quality Customer Service - Polytec

Store LocationPolytec

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with polytec and hope you enjoy your new kitchen!

Mia

MiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Discoloured kitchen

We have a kitchen and two bathrooms in our home with Polytec cabinets which have all completely discoloured, from bright white to yellow, within 5 years of installation. We didn’t install the kitchen ourselves, so have been told that we can’t be covered by the Polytec warranty without original invoices. This of course is not strictly the fault of Polytec, however given that in this case the cabinet maker is refusing to provide any proof of purchase to us, we have no recourse against a defective product. Disappointing to say the least, and relevant to anyone purchasing a property with this product already installed- you will not be assisted if this happens to you.

Store LocationNuImage joinery

DebbieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Warranty polytec kitchen

Ticks go to Polytec for their warranty on my 5 year old kitchen which had gone from bright white to cream. Replaced with no fuss awesome tradie Kai cleaned up took 2 days very happy customer highly recommend this company

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for your wonderful review Debbie!

Roula

RoulaHaywards Bay

Wonderful service and great product

I had an issue with my kitchen drawers but as it turned out, it was an issue in relation to the design and not the materials. Although this was not Polytech's issue they still helped me out by replacing the kitchen drawers and installing it all at no cost to me. The product looks wonderful and both Dale and Michael were fantastic

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for taking the time to review, and we are so glad to hear your kitchen is as good as new again :)

Kez

KezPerth, WA

Difficult to keep scratch free.

Had a kitchen renovation about 5 years ago, Royal Oyster ultraglaze. It looks wonderful but constantly worry when the grandchildren visit as it is not child friendly. Scratches easily and I don’t know how to remove them. Smudge marks easily too but wipe off relatively well. The installers left some glue and this shows up in certain light conditions. Don’t know how to remove this either. The kitchen looks great but is hard work in a very light filled area.

KarenSydney, NSW

Refuse to post or deliver small package: pickup only central coast

Store Locationonline - from Somersby warehouse
Sarah M.Polytec

Sorry to hear this! We will investigate and get back to you.

Honouring of warranty

Our white kitchen cupboards and bathroom vanities turned yellow. After contacting the company they came and inspected and advised that all would be replaced. All work has now been finished and cannot fault their professionalism and workmanship, we now have a sparkling white kitchen again. I congratulate the company on honouring their warranty as the kitchen had been in for 6 years (but gradually turning yellow of the past 3 years).

Hi Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and your new cabinetry.

lyn5

lyn5Hunter Region, NSW

Polytec maintenance issue

Our quite new white kitchen and bathroom cupboards had become a horrible cream colour. Polytec came and check measured all affected areas and replaced with lovely bright white doors etc. There were two drawers, 1 cupboard which were not included in the order (due to a mistake) and 1 bench end had a scratch on it. The tradesmen who installed the new doors etc. have promised to return and fix these items. The workmen were polite, clean, tidy and did their work very well. We look forward to getting the repairs completed as soon as possible.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hey there! We are glad to hear your doors and drawers are getting replaced, and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for taking the time to review!

Lisa BBrisbane

Cannot repair minor damage in benchtop

Small chip (<1cm) in new matera benchtop and was advised by Polytec no product to repair and they only recommend to replace the benchtop. Matera benchtop seems to scratch and damage easily. No service in regards to repair of their own product.

Lisa B

I am unsure how it happened as I have had many trades in my house and am not in a position to redo kitchen bench for a small chip.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Lisa, please let us know if you have contacted our warranty team, otherwise we won't be able to find a solution.

Regards,
polytec

Matera laminate is not a good product

Have just installed a new Freedom kitchen with a matera laminate on the island bench. Within 3 weeks a scratch has marked the matera permanately. Advised it is not a warranty issue. What is the point of having a surface in a kitchen that cannot cope with wear and tear. So disappointed with the product and the company. Such a waste of money. Do not deal with this product. Both companies have full payment for their products but leave a very unhappy customer. I do intend to take it higher and go to consumer affairs.

Warranty panel replacement

Great warranty service, exceptional personell and workmanship .New kitchen exceeds expectations with quality and attention to detail. These tradesmen should be paid a lot more than installers.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your great review - we are glad you received such exceptional service!

SJM

SJMSouth-east queensland

Beyond expected customer service

Fantastic service

Hi Geoff,

We are so happy to hear this issue was resolved and you're pleased with the service!

Rouge La braulladulla

Never Buy Polytec

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi, I apologise for the late response. Have you heard anything further regarding this?

Rouge La bra

My matter is still being resolved.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi, I will follow this up with our warranty team. Thank you.

Stay away from this product

We had a new kitchen installed using polytec cabinet doors, on the understanding that we were paying for a quality product. This is not the case.
The laminate covering over doors and panels started falling off, just after the warranty period lapsed.
We would have been much better off painting the cabinets of an older solid timber kitchen, rather than purchasing this product.
Extremely disappointed.

Marc

MarcSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service excellence

Instilled polytec ultra white kitchen 3years ago and all cabinets turned an awful yellow.

Our kitchen installer contacted polytec who contacted us then promptly inspected the cabinets and accepted responsible and offered to replaced our kitchen

Four weeks later today the kitchen was replaced and now looks awesome again

The service has been outstanding. They attended when promised and carried out the work in a professional manner. Our home was left immaculatly clean and the replacement work took only one day to complete

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for the feedback and taking the time to write this review. As a business polytec is continually striving to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
We hope that you enjoy your kitchen.
Regards,
Polytec Warranty Team

Kat

KatSydney

Awesome service

I did write previously about my "yellowing" white kitchen. They were great in accepting liability of a faulty batch and replaced my kitchen without issues at all. Michael was an awesome rep. For the company and was impeccable and efficient in doing the job. So glad I read the forums and realised warranty still covered the replacement. I now have an amazing new kitchen which is what I originally paid for but never got.

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you Kat for taking the time to write this review. polytec and its warranty team appreciate the feedback and continually strive to ensure a high level of customer service.
We are glad that you are loving your new kitchen.

Elise

Eliseasked

I was thinking of renovating a kitchen with Polytec melamine but am now concerned about yellowing and peeling edges! The colours I was considering are 'New Antique White Matt' and 'Tasmanian Oak Woodmatt'.

356nut

If you were to use this product I would first read through the terms and conditions. In particular the warranty section. Polytec cover themselves extremely well. In my case they seem to think bowing of their products is acceptable. Do your research on what is out there before spending your hard earned cash

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Elise, in the past we experienced a manufacturing fault with one of our products which has since been rectified. We offer a seven-year warranty on all products and an after-sales service. Hope this helps!

Charlieasked

I am about to buy an off the plan development with finishes that include the use of Polytec for the kitchen cabinets. Reading the reviews at this website, it would seem that there is good reason to require the use of another company, namely, that the laminates provided by Polytec fade disastrously. Does Polytec have an answer or explanation for why this happened so frequently in the experience of reviewers?

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Charlie, in the past we experienced a manufacturing fault with one of our products which has since been rectified. We offer a seven year warranty on all products and an after sales service. Hope this helps!

Charlie

Yes that helps. It’s sounds like you had a problem and took responsibility for it and have now fixed that issue. We are looking for a high end luxury finish so right now I am trying to work out whether to go with laminate (historically durable but low end with visible glue seams and peeling at the seams) or two pack or vinyl wrap....

Sarah M.Polytec

We actually edge our melamine doors with ABS edgetape so there is less likelihood of it peeling. If you were to opt for 2-pac, we offer cut and rout doors which can be painted, or great Thermolaminated door options with new Woodmatt finishes that aren't available in a 2-pac painted door.

Jodie

Jodieasked

Hello, our kitchen has changed colour and is vinyl wrapped, how long is the warranty on the colour.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Jodie, Thermolaminated doors have a 7 year warranty.

7 years they were great

Get an answer from our members and Polytec representatives