Jenny

JennySydney Surrounds, NSW

Doesn’t live up to the hype

Just installed my venette cupboards. Shows everything and definitely not scuff and fingerprint resistant. Was going to have push doors, however having read the other reviews I’ll put in handles. Surprised to see the white borderline, thought I was buying blue cupboards, not blue cupboards with a white edge!

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi there, please contact our warranty department regarding this as we would love to find a resolution for you.

service of Polytec is horrendous

it has taken 3 weeks and my Doors have still not been manufactured because they do not communicate and it is an endless problem to try and finalise something. Not even my Rep here in Perth is helping me. I Will certainly not use Polytec again but will rather use a company with costumer service

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi there, we would love to help you resolve this issue. Can you please privately message us your details along with your representative's details? Thank you.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi, your representative will be in contact shortly to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Have Polytec ultra white turned yellowish no longer white

Our kitchen in ultra white is no longer white contacted builder he passed it onto kitchen company who passed onto Polytec still nobody has contacted us from any of these companies make you wonder how serious they are about warranty

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Ian, we would love to get this resolved for you. Could you message us privately with your builder/cabinetmakers details so we can follow up the claim? Thank you.

Ian
Ian
Sarah M.Polytec

That's great to hear. Thanks for letting us know!

Karen FrizelleHunter Region, NSW

Polytec Venette

I selected Polytec Venette for our kitchen and vanities as I believed this product was anti fingerprint. The kitchen is in Oxford, 1 week living in our new build, marks are visible everywhere and do not easily wipe off. Due to the dark colour you can see the joins on the edges of the cabinetry and the product easily scratches.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Karen, if you believe this to be a manufacturing fault, please contact our warranty department as we would love to get this resolved for you.

Karen Frizelle

What are the contact details of your warranty department? Also i have seen other reviews saying contacting this department does not resolve the problem

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Karen, our warranty department will help with manufacturing faults and we encourage you to contact them if you believe there is an issue with your product. The email they can be contacted on is warranty@polytec.com.au

Don’t Get Vinyl Kitchen Cupboards

12 years ago we chose Polytec vinyl kitchen cupboards doors as they were the only profile and colour we wanted. Five years in and the vinyl started peeling off the doors. Polytechnic and kitchen installer both unable to help or even recommend a product for gluing vinyl back down.

Sandra

SandraMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent Customer Service

We had an issue with peeling on our vanity unit only 18 months after installation. Polytec agreed to fix the problem under Warranty and as a result, last week their Technician came and replaced the damaged panels. He was friendly, efficient and obviously skilled. We are happy customers!

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Sandra, thank you for your review!

Frank W.

Frank W.North-West & West coast, TAS

Yellowing after warranty period

New kitchen installed 2011 with createc gloss white polytec
Now all large flat surfaces have yellowed leaving bright white edges as they were originally
Apparently now out of warranty
Disappointing product

Monika

MonikaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for your wonderful review Monika, and we are glad you had such a positive experience!

TonySydney, NSW

Poor quality work on carcasses

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Tony, our warranty covers a 7 year period. Can you let us know if you contacted our warranty department directly in regards to this?

Tony

I contacted the builder because that's who commissioned Castelwood Kitchens who would have used Polytec as a supplier. The builder forwarded the response from Polytec which is quoted up above. I don't know whether that was the warranty department.

retireland

retireland

Poor long term

We had our first Polytec doors installed over 20 years ago. After about five years the vinyl skin on a lot of our doors began peeling off. A few years later Polytec contacted us out of the blue as they realised that they had used poor glue in their product. I was impressed that they removed all of our doors and drawer fronts and replaced the vinyl. Unfortunately some of the fronts began to peel away again. I guess there was residue of the bad glue left behind - assuming that they had upgraded the glue in the first place. It looks hideous and it means we have to replace all if our facings once again.

wendlle

wendlleAU

Love the Benchtops

Just replaced our old ugly laminate benchtop with a Polytec Laminate in Tunisia Stone Matera which is an ultra Matte finish.
It looks AMAZING, I went with a 40mm thickness instead of a standard 32mm and it really looks like a stone benchtop but without the crazy price tag that I just couldn't justify.
This benchtop looks fantastic paired with a black composite granite sink that I got from Hafele.
Highy recommend their Matera finish benchtops.

Ann11

Ann11Sydney, NSW

Frustrating experience

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Ann, we cannot locate the details of your job, can you please advise who your cabinetmaker was so we can find your original order?

Avoid Venette

Store LocationMelbourne
Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Kat, can you please let us know if you contacted our warranty department in regards to this?

Kat R
Kat R
Annette

AnnetteWheatbelt, WA

Bench top scratches

I purchased my new kitchen Feb last year first island bench top had scratches they agreed to replace the replacement turned up with scratches when plastic covering was removed they sent it back and had another bench top sent out to find out my 6 month old kitchen has a lot of scratches but they refuse to replace it now I was told my plates and cups must be causing it so now a year old what are they going to look like in 3 years not happy at all with them

Cath P

Cath PIllawarra, NSW

Kitchen Bench Top Disappointment

Installed Matera laminate on our kitchen bench tops 3 years ago. It now looks older than the 26 year old one we replaced. It has dulled and scratched. DON"T BUY.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Cath, we offer a 7-year warranty should you have a manufacturing-related problem in future. We, unfortunately, do not cover wear and tear. We do apologise for the negative experience you have had.

Nadine N.South East Queensland, QLD

Ruined My Brand New Home that has 2 1/2 kitchens

• +1Thumbnail
Matt

Matt

Misleading marketing of Ultramatt; inferior product that shows every tiny smudge and stains easily

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Matt, please advise if you have spoken to our representative as we have been notified your claim is still under investigation. Thanks!

KaraHunter Region, NSW

Steer clear of the matte venette

Kara

Yes I understand that but they are not willing to do anything about the black. Which the marking is just as bad on. You shouldn’t have to clean a cupboard every time it’s touched even with water.

Happy Household

Happy HouseholdHunter Region, NSW

A Company that stands by their Product!

It's a dream come true to have my 'ultra white' kitchen that turned yellow replaced under Warranty. Polytec honoured their 7 year Warranty Policy & I was impressed with the way their staff conducted themselves, carrying out the replacement work with care, integrity & consideration.
I'd like to thank Polytec for being a Top Company.

Sarah M.Polytec

Thank you for your lovely review!

Yellowing of white doors

We purposely bought the the ‘ultra white gloss’ as we wanted a super white kitchen. I loved it for the first 4 years and then noticed a yellowing. Now it looks terrible. Kitchen installed November 2014

Hi there,

Please contact our warranty team, who can assist further. Thank you.

Hi Cheryl,

Please let us know if you need further assistance?

Cheryl

Yes, please. I would like to know 'where to from here'. I was so so proud of our kitchen initially and now am so disappointed every time I look at my cupboards. Thanks, I await your response as to how this can be sorted.

Marj

Marjasked

I am thinking of having upper cabinetry venette oxford slimline no handles
and Angora oak woodmatt as lower cabinetry with casserstone bench top Calcutta Euro,looking at reviews, i am not sure that choosing a dark mattwood colour ,is the best choose, reviews state that they are hard to clean@ fingerprint marks are very visible and hard to clean, can you recommend a better choice, i do prefer the dark @ light contrast, much appreciate you opinion thank you.

Karen Frizelle

Hi Marj. I have Oxford Venette on my lower, upper, and pantry doors with no handles and tipomatic push to open mechanisms. I have a product called Urban Veneer in blackbutt on my highlight cupboards. From a distance i love the look of the moody dark blue with the timber contrast. However , as indicated in my previous posts, the Oxford Venette looks cheap when looking closer due to white seams on the edges of the cabinetry and endless unavoidable fingerprints regardless of the claims that this product minimises fingermarks . I can not find a product to clean the marks off and constantly wiping to no avail. Once you see them you cant unsee them. If you decide to go with this product I would recommend handles to minimise touching the surfaces and soft close not tipomatic mechanisms.
I have the Black Venette in my bathrooms with shark nose edging and only soft close. I dont seem to have the same degree of problem with the black. Good luck with your kitchen. I am disappointed in my finish consering the extra outlay in costs paid for a 'superior' product.

Laine F.

Laine F.asked

Hi everyone. In two weeks I will need to make a final decision on both, material and color for my new kitchen. I was considering to go thermolaminate Greige matt for cabinets and laminate Argento Stone Matt for the benchtop. The top cabinets would have no handles (shark tooth), and the bottom cabinets and drawers would have handles. I am hoping to have a practical, easy cleaning kitchen. Now, reading all those reviews above, I am really worried about my choices. Hopefully I still have some time to completely change my mind so I would much appreciate some advice.
Also, if someone did the same choice for colors (cabinets & benchtop), could them please tell me if the colors match? Thanks.

Sarah M.Polytec

Hi Laine, dark-coloured surfaces will show fingerprints and require more care and maintenance than lighter coloured surfaces. As you have selected lighter colours, you should have no issues with cleaning.

Here is a link to our care and maintenance guide for further information: www.polytec.com.au/docs/technical/polytec-technical-thermolaminated-care-and-maintenance.pdf

KL W.

Sarah you seems to be avoiding the questions about how to clean off the finger prints and water mark. Suggesting your customers to choose a lighter colour instead is not a solution as many of us already have a black coloured kitchen.

KL W.

I just finished a new kitchen in black woodmatt. I have tried soft cloth in soapy water, streak free glass cleaner and methylated spirit, as suggested in Polytec melamine care and maintenance guide. But none of them clean the streak marks. I am happy to share my photos or if you have any other cleaning suggestion to share, please email to kenklwonginfo@gmail.com.

Kenasked

Hi we have chosen the Nataio walnut woodmatt finish for our new kitchen cabinets and after reading this thread, we are concerned of the marking like grease and finger marks to be very visible. Should we go for a different product range?

Karen Frizelle

Hi Ken. I don't think the wood finishes will have the same problem. We were going to have the same walnut as feature cupboards but as we had blackbutt in other adjoing areas we ended up going with New Aged Veneer Navurban Byron Blackbutt which is a natural timber veneer and we are very happy with and is a great contrast to the dark cabinetry. I would recommend if you select the Venette product make sure you dont have tipomatic opening and have pull handles to avoid touching the Venette as much as possible.

Ken

Thanks for reply Karen we do have adjoining flooring in black Butt but we preferred the nataio walnut colour following a kitchen we saw on the web. Do you mind sharing a photo of your kitchen on this thread? Thanks again

Get an answer from our members and Polytec representatives