Pope Garden Hose

Pope Garden Hose

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

1.8

Luke
LukeSydney, NSW

Rubbish

Don’t pay good dollars for this product!! This use to be quality but now to save a few dollars they have dropped there standards on quality. There is other good products for the same or even less.

Purchased in March 2021 at Amplifon for $180.00.

Gary
Gary

Absolute garbage

Bought the more expensive pope brand, after a month of using the perma fit connection continued to blow off at any water level, pope always had a good name but now see its rubbish, avoid and buy a different brand. As with other reviews the lifetime warranty is valid if you keep your receipt, keeping a hose receipt for a life time seems reasonable.

Julie G
Julie GAU

Best hose I've ever bought

I've owned my Pope hose for about 3 years. It's the best hose I've ever bought and will by Pope again. The house is flexible and once the water pressure is in the hose, there is very little kink. It can happen but I am very pleased that kink is rare compared to some dreadful hoses. I recomend the soft Pope hoses, my fav.

Satigue
SatigueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pope Grey Complete Reel

Bought this expensive hose just for car wash. It sits in the garage after every car wash and not exposed to sun or any outside elements. It didn't even last 3 years and it started leaking on it's own with water pressure. Inspected and found it had a small puncture when it was just coiled under the reel. Tried to get a refund from Bunnings and that was a mission. They said it is more than 2 years old and only can provide an exchange which I refuse. After reading the reviews here, I have lost confidence in this product and intend to stay away from this product. The Bunnings staff even asked me to deal with Pope directly which I refuse. Bunnings want to sell them but not willing to honour Pope's 10 year hose warranty. What a shame!

Purchased in January 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $59.00.

Anneliese
AnnelieseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What a rip off!

What's with the10 yr guarantee claim!!!!!!
As other reviews- surface of sticky black gooo. So perished it's leaving the black residue on the courtyard bricks, hands, deck - which i can't remove. Unusable. Shame also on BUNNINGS for not even acknowledging that they stocked it- doesnt appear on their data base....anymore.... No receipt so I'm going directly to POPE Australia.

Purchased in February 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $130.00.

Shanon Cameron
Shanon Cameron

Waste of money

If only i had read these reviews first ! Same as all the above comments, black sticky substance on the hose. Bought the "Anti Kink " what a joke. Think this hose kinks more than the cheapest hose that Bunnings sell. Definitely wont be purchasing anything that has Pope on it

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

Pete
PetePeel, WA

Pope Hose POOR Quality

We bought a "Pope" hose a year or so ago, and have had the same issue with the hose becoming VERY Sticky, black tar like residue, which cant be removed. Very inconvenient to try and handle then have to wash hands in various spirits ie Meths. Not GOOD!!!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Steve
SteveBrisbane, Queensland

Would Not Buy Again

Brought 2 of these Pope Storm heavy duty hoses in 35 meter length from Bunnings in 2017, so just over 2 years old & I have the same problem on both as previously mentioned by other poster. They are both covered in black sticky gum so that your hands get covered in black gunk every time I use them. They don't seem to like the sun!

Paid $139 each for them thinking they would last as they have lifetime guarantee. Not worth the money. Can only find one receipt so can't return them. Would appreciate my money back or two new hoses to replace them that will last more than a year or two.

Can't seem to buy a decent hose these days.

Purchased in August 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Des O.Hunter Region, NSW

Poor Quality - Very disappointing- GroPro Storm 20 meter hose

The Pope Storm GroPro deteriorated over time leaving a horrible sticky black residur over the hose, as soon as you touch it your hands are covered with a tar like substance. I bought two of these 20 meter hoses and I'm very disappointed. Went back to Bunnings but as they can't trace when I bought them and I have no receipt I can't get them replaced. Bunnings can't even find this product on their system, so I can only think it has beed withdrawn. Don't always think buying expensive products guarantees quality !!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Des O.

Update, whilst this particular product was usless, the service from Pope in getting a refund from Bunnings was second to none, thank you.

Monica
MonicaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

I bought a Pope hose on a 2 way reel. It is ideal for what I wanted in my courtyard. However the tap attachment unscrews when the reel is moved around and the sprayer fitting cannot be adjusted from a full stream. Great idea, lousy cheap fittings

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $79.00.

ljwilson
ljwilson

Hose Pope BILLABONG

Pope hose failure

My 35m Permafit Gropro Storm hose from Pope (purchased at Bunnings) has deteriorated after 2yrs. There is a sticky residue all over the hose and it has burst a few times. Each time it burst it wasted water as the leak went undetected for a whole day. The sticky residue not only is hard to remove from your hands, it has damaged my timber floor boards. I have now returned my hose to Bunnings and i am awaiting their response on warranty.
Not impressed.

Serge
Serge

Can you advise what i am to do as i cannot find the receipt. Serge

darrl wilson
darrl wilsonCentral, SA

pope hose

I brought a $100 dollar ,thirty meter pope hose with crimped brass fittings from bunnings , it bursted twice in the first three months . i will never ever buy a pope product ever again.

murray
murraydevonport

useless novelty

purchased 20metre storm heavy duty garden hose , rated 10 kink resistance , hopeless . i dont know how they get these ratings.because i spend more time untangling than watering expensive toy, very peeved

Marko
MarkoMelbourne

Great product!

I bought the Pope Brumby with brass fittings. Never leaked once and I water most days and never turn off the tap. Go for brass fittings and not the cheap plastic