Pope Water Weeper

Pope Water Weeper

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

1.5

Pope...you've shamed yourself and destroyed a trusted brand name. I'll never buy anything else from you.

Wazza D.
Wazza D.Hunter Region, NSW

Pay the money and get a Gardena. It'll save you in the end.

Third replacement of hose. each time, neatly laid out along the flower beds, gently tucked under a light covering of bark. Turn on and about a week later small splits keep appearing along the green stripes. Pressure well within tolerances. This time it will be removed and Never again will i use pope.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $40.00.

Mark P.
Mark P.South East Queensland, QLD

Pope Weeper Hose

This hose spit at the fitting within a month of use. I have had another brand that are still in use after three years which I could not buy at Bunnings. I thought Pope might be a reliable brand, not in the case of this product however.

Rachel
RachelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

Needed something I could install in my garden that was able to set and forget. I am not at the property that often and bought a number of items, spent half a day installing only to realise a week or so later that it does not work on low flow water. The Water Weeper hose is connected to a timer then connected to the tank. Unfortunately it only weeps when water come from the pressure pump but but not just the tank (pressurised). I need something that would reliably keep my garden damp and this product doesn't work on a gravity fed tank.

Purchased in September 2019 for $45.00.

Jonno
JonnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

Purchased x2 systems from Bunnings around 6 weeks ago. Installed and only run them twice a week (use a hose on weekends). Turned on this morning & water was spraying from the connection - The hose has split at the crimped fitting. Cant find the receipt (always happens). Lesson learnt!!!!!

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $30.00.

Joyanne
JoyanneSydney, NSW

Terrible Product

I bought 3 Pope Water Weeper hoses and if I had of looked at the reviews I definitely would not have purchased them. All 3 hoses have split within 6 months rendering them useless. I bought the Pope brand thinking I was purchasing a well known, reliable brand, unfortunately this was not the case.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

DodgyD
DodgyD

After 8 weeks blew a hole

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Waste of money

I bought three of these weeper hoses. Two out of the three split within a few months. I tried joining one hose with a hose joiner but this did not work. I was told to bring the split ones back so that they could be replaced under warranty. Why bother, the product is flawed.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

John
JohnDarwin

Great water saving

I bought a 15 metre holman dripping hose 2 years ago, coiled it around a rosewood tree and covered it with mulch, it is so effective in keeping the tree green all year round i have since purchased a 30 metre for the garden bed and installed it in a single line, watering for 20 min twice a week our water bill is $120 for each quarter now, the product performs as it should even after two years +, i regularly inspect and no issues found. highly reccomend go for the holman instead

Date PurchasedMar 2016

PiL
PiLsyd

weeping over purchase

this thing is useless.
you get more moisture beading on a cold bottle of beer than what comes through this hose.
it was my second go too, as the first hose i bought cracked open when i unfurled it. should stuck with guts instinct and just ditched it there and then.
absolutely useless.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
RAW
RAWBallarat

WOTAM

This product is a waste of money. But what really rankles is the waste of time and energy expended in setting this rubbish up in your garden.
It's very brittle (made from recycled tyres, it seems). It burst in multiple places with me patching it up each time (with joiners) before I realised I'd been had.
I'm a big fan of Bunnings but they dropped the ball on this one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

RayHall
RayHallIllawarra, NSW

Very dissapointed

I carefully installed two lengths of Pope Water Weeper. Both developed splits and sprays in a matter of hours. Tired of making repairs with tape and wire tourniquets, I replaced them with Holman, a less expensive product. Holman were much better, although the ends do tend to blow off at even low pressure, so had to be taped up. I now have four Holman Weepers in the garden and find the principal very good. I read one review that suggested a product called Mazedrip and will look for this as I want to lay more weeping hose in the future. Pope should remove the product from sale until they have significantly improved it and Bunnings should not carry it in stock as it is hugely negative for both brands.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Don't Do It

Wish I had read all the other reviews before I purchased! I bought 2 weeper hoses, one a Pope and one a Holman brand just to compare. The Holman is still working fine after 4 weeks but the Pope has developed a split. So I'll be going back to Bunnings to exchange it for a Holman which was also cheaper.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

This has been a lifesaver

I have a big backyard and am this has been a lifesaver for the plants . it saves me time and is allowed in water restriction ( because its drip not spray ) . had no trouble with mine except one lengthways slit which i bound up with some high quality tape

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Split after a week

split after a week, replacement not feasible as buried hose lightly, have planted added compost and mulch, replacement will cost more in labour and plants, patching - more cost - only current solution
Please purchase alternative product
POPE this needs investigation - have used your products for years without any issues

Date PurchasedJan 2018