Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro

• Safety
Roh
RohSydney, NSW

Pressure release stopped working in less than 12 months. Customer service poor

Blenders are great but their pressure cooker appears to be poor. Pressure release stopped working in less than 12 months and paint on inner bowl scratched off with plastic spoon provided. Customer service provided has been poor to date, asking so many questions and for photos and videos, only to end with that I should send it to Melbourne.

Purchased in June 2018.

John CSydney, NSW

A great versatile cooking machine

a great all purpose cooker. Great as a pressure cooker and slow cooker. A lot of menu options for different types of cooking. It is easy to clean and I like the fact that it is sealed under the bowl so if you spill liquids it will not get into the electronics.
Have used it to my bread, yoghurt , soups, roasts, deep fry.
Out performs other multicookers I have used. Appears to be sturdy and reliable.
I bought it on special which is great value.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Bec
BecMid North Coast, NSW

The most awful pressure cooker I have ever owned

I have used pressure slower cooker for over 20 years.
I have not even had it 12 months
It burns never knew they could burn!!
It says its on for 1hr nearly 2 hours later it’s still going!!
I would not of used it 6 times! I hate it! the coating is cracking and peeling off tried to call them they don’t answer!! Very disappointed!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Pressure Cookers

Find out how Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro compares to other Pressure Cookers

Terrible - same as said by MeMo and others

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

A great multicooker. Best mum helper. Perfection of cooking!

Date PurchasedSept 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Lack of Instructions means you have to wing it!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Josephine
JosephineSydney

Optimum induction Pressure cook Pro

Loved it. Great for soups and stews. Easy to use, love the fact it talks to you and tells you what part of the cooking process it's up too. Easy to clean. Loved it so much bought one for my daughter who has been using it all winter and really enjoys using it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Alec Mudie
Alec MudieRockingham Beach,

The Best!!!

We bought this particular machine as we are induction fans......It is so simple to use (with voice guidance) and the quality of the cooking is superb.
We are simple eaters and my wife did a stew for us the other day; we didn't even have to thicken it, it was cooked to perfection.
This will be our last cooking machine and we can't recommend it enough...

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Mir
MirCooroy

Alarmingly easy - almost an anticlimax

First meal - intuitive controls, alarmingly easy, plus looks gorgeous, quite chatty.
Produced a fantastic meal that normally requires 4 hrs to develop flavour.
Meal was cooked in just 40 min. with minimal hands on time - no stirring, poking, checking, adjusting, remembering.
Simple to use ; multiple styles of cooking all in one pot with quick clean up , tough surface, handle makes for easy stowage.
Cool handles are a nice touch. Spatter guard very useful (aka anti-overflow cover.. ?)

Improvements- a separate power cord for seamless storage Is always nice. and a first user step by step guide for the novice user may be appreciated. The staff recipes are great, although again a bit more detail for the novice may be appreciated.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Tai
TaiBrisbane

Great product A1

Great product, every meal we have made has turned out fabulous. Has lived up to our expectations and brings out the flavours in every meal. Very easy to use and understand, quick and reliable. Easy to clean and store. We are using it over winter and it brings job to the table every time.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great for Indian food

It's pressure cooking function and nonstick are excellent. What I like the most is that I can cook curries the usual way - fry the masaala, add the chickpeas/rajma or ghia etc. and then press a button and forget(this part one can only do with an automatic device like optimum) ! Also the inner part of the lid comes off for cleaning which is very important.
For chickpeas/rajma, soup function is great and for ghia or dhuli moong-masri the rice function works fine. I normally do not cook as per instructions on nearly all devices that I have as I have my own recipes for things as per my liking etc., hence lack of a detailed cookbook is no problem.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
EmilyQueensland

Where is the cookbook?

I struggle to cook with this machine as there are only very basic instructions and no cook book to follow. I, like others, have scoured the internet and froothie own website for recipes but cannot find any. The cookbook links sent to me were for items I don't have. For basic items it cooks well. A book to follow would be great especially if you have to add items as you go.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Emily

Finally got the cook books. Yahoo!

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

I had to return as it was faulty

I had to return this product twice - I was finally given a refund
Quite annoying - ended up buying one locally and it is great!
It is a pity because it looked like a great product in the advertisement but I was sorely disappointed
At least I was offered a refund

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I ended up buying a Phillips All In One

My Induction just stays on relaeae steam mode!! Faulty

Date PurchasedJune 2018
noodle
noodleMelbourne

Had to return.

Was excited to find this product as we desperately needed to replace our old pressure cooker, however it turned out to be no good, ended up returning and bought a traditional stove-top pressure cooker instead and it's been great. This might be good for others but doesn't suit our needs. The service is great though, fast delivery and return.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Read more reviews - page 2

Liz whiteasked

Hi do you have recipie book please I'm in the UK and I didn't get one with my machine, is it possible to could put some recipies up on here for me I've googled and I've searched YouTube but found nothing, please I need some help to use my machine, Thank you.

John C

If you go to the optimum website they will send you a pdf copy of recipies.

Liz white

Do you have the details for the website please

Liz white

One last question do you need to put liquid I need when using the Defrost setting please, there is no mention how to use it and I want to use it properly, Thank you .

Liz whiteasked

Hi I want to roast a whole chicken but the booklet tells you not to use without liquid in it how do I roast a chicken then?

Hello Liz,

you can add some oil.

Here are example instructions for roasting chicken:
In a small bowl, combine paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub seasoning over outside of the chicken
Heat oil in the pressure cooker to shimmering. Add chicken, breast side down, and cook 6-7 minutes.
Flip the chicken and add broth, lemon juice and garlic cloves.
Lock pressure cooker lid and set for 25 minutes on high.
Let the pressure cooker release naturally.
Remove from pressure cooker and let stand for 5 minutes before carving.

Here are more delicious recipes: http://optimumappliances.com/assets/manual_pdf/EN/Induction_PressureCook_Pro_Recipe_Book.pdf

Hope that helps!

regards
Andrea

Liz white

Thank you but what setting do I put it on ? And what do you use DIY setting for?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Liz, see manual page 8.

MENU 2 for Meats default cooking time for this program is 35min, max time is 2hrs and minimum time is 15mins. ( cooking time can be adjusted for all functions)
So I would first use the minimum setting of 15min, then flip the chicken and add broth, lemon juice and garlic cloves and set for 25-35min on the meat program.

DIY means you can set more settings for yourself

Hope that helps :)

Stephen S
Stephen Sasked

Hi
I recently won this item in a competition i was wondering how i get the e-cookbook? email address is [email removed]

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Stephen, thank you for your message. Please contact our customer service team via email at support@froothie.com.au and they will be able to personally assist you. We hope this helps :)

See all Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro questions