4Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro

1.0
Safety

RohSydney, NSW2 posts

Pressure release stopped working in less than 12 months. Customer service poor

Blenders are great but their pressure cooker appears to be poor. Pressure release stopped working in less than 12 months and paint on inner bowl scratched off with plastic spoon provided. Customer service provided has been poor to date, asking so many questions and for photos and videos, only to end with that I should send it to Melbourne. Show details
Safety
John CSydney, NSW9 posts

A great versatile cooking machine

a great all purpose cooker. Great as a pressure cooker and slow cooker. A lot of menu options for different types of cooking. It is easy to clean and I like the fact that it is sealed under the bowl so if you spill liquids it will not get into the electronics.

Have used it to my bread, yoghurt , soups, roasts, deep fry.

Out performs other multicookers I have used. Appears to be sturdy and reliable.

I bought it on special which is great value.

Bec
BecMid North Coast, NSW2 posts

The most awful pressure cooker I have ever owned

I have used pressure slower cooker for over 20 years.

I have not even had it 12 months

It burns never knew they could burn!!

It says its on for 1hr nearly 2 hours later it’s still going!!

I would not of used it 6 times! I hate it! the coating is cracking and peeling off tried to call them they don’t answer!! Very disappointed!!!

Bronwen
MeMoAU

Josephine
JosephineSydney

Optimum induction Pressure cook Pro

Loved it. Great for soups and stews. Easy to use, love the fact it talks to you and tells you what part of the cooking process it's up too. Easy to clean. Loved it so much bought one for my daughter who has been using it all winter and really enjoys using it.

Alec Mudie
Alec Mudie3 posts

The Best!!!

We bought this particular machine as we are induction fans......It is so simple to use (with voice guidance) and the quality of the cooking is superb.

We are simple eaters and my wife did a stew for us the other day; we didn't even have to thicken it, it was cooked to perfection.

This will be our last cooking machine and we can't recommend it enough...

Mir
MirCooroy2 posts

Alarmingly easy - almost an anticlimax

First meal - intuitive controls, alarmingly easy, plus looks gorgeous, quite chatty.

Produced a fantastic meal that normally requires 4 hrs to develop flavour.

Meal was cooked in just 40 min. with minimal hands on time - no stirring, poking, checking, adjusting, remembering.

Simple to use ; multiple styles of cooking all in one pot with quick clean up , tough surface, handle makes for easy stowage.

Cool handles are a nice touch. Spatter guard very useful (aka anti-overflow cover.. ?)

Improvements- a separate power cord for seamless storage Is always nice. and a first user step by step guide for the novice user may be appreciated. The staff recipes are great, although again a bit more detail for the novice may be appreciated.

Tai
TaiBrisbane4 posts

Great product A1

Great product, every meal we have made has turned out fabulous. Has lived up to our expectations and brings out the flavours in every meal. Very easy to use and understand, quick and reliable. Easy to clean and store. We are using it over winter and it brings job to the table every time.

Shell
Shell

Great for Indian food

It's pressure cooking function and nonstick are excellent. What I like the most is that I can cook curries the usual way - fry the masaala, add the chickpeas/rajma or ghia etc. and then press a button and forget(this part one can only do with an automatic device like optimum) ! Also the inner part of the lid comes off for cleaning which is very important.

For chickpeas/rajma, soup function is great and for ghia or dhuli moong-masri the rice function works fine. I normally do not cook as per instructions on nearly all devices that I have as I have my own recipes for things as per my liking etc., hence lack of a detailed cookbook is no problem.

EmilyQueensland4 posts

Where is the cookbook?

I struggle to cook with this machine as there are only very basic instructions and no cook book to follow. I, like others, have scoured the internet and froothie own website for recipes but cannot find any. The cookbook links sent to me were for items I don't have. For basic items it cooks well. A book to follow would be great especially if you have to add items as you go.

Emily

Finally got the cook books. Yahoo!

Sharmayne
Sharmayne3 posts

I had to return as it was faulty

I had to return this product twice - I was finally given a refund

Quite annoying - ended up buying one locally and it is great!

It is a pity because it looked like a great product in the advertisement but I was sorely disappointed

At least I was offered a refund

Leigh77
Leigh77AU2 posts
noodle
noodleMelbourne20 posts

Had to return

Was excited to find this product as we desperately needed to replace our old pressure cooker, however it turned out to be no good, ended up returning and bought a traditional stove-top pressure cooker instead and it's been great. This might be good for others but doesn't suit our needs. The service is great though, fast delivery and return.

Kerrie

Hi all, My pressure cooker is only a couple of years old and probably has been used about 20 times since purchased. Recently, it has started releasing pressure (steam) constantly and take hours and hours to perform a Menu 2 Option for Meats of 35 minutes. I have thoroughly cleaned the pressure cooker including just running (cooking) water to steam clean components and this hasn't worked. Any ideas?

Kerrie

Thanks Roh - I have undertaken multiple thorough cleans to no avail. The meat isn't going to be undercooked because it just keeps going for hours and you can't stop it. Also, you can get quite a few nasties from vegetables as well you know :)

Liz white

Hi do you have recipie book please I'm in the UK and I didn't get one with my machine, is it possible to could put some recipies up on here for me I've googled and I've searched YouTube but found nothing, please I need some help to use my machine, Thank you.

John C

If you go to the optimum website they will send you a pdf copy of recipies.

Liz white

Do you have the details for the website please

Liz white

One last question do you need to put liquid I need when using the Defrost setting please, there is no mention how to use it and I want to use it properly, Thank you .

Liz white

Hi I want to roast a whole chicken but the booklet tells you not to use without liquid in it how do I roast a chicken then?

Liz white

Thank you but what setting do I put it on ? And what do you use DIY setting for?

CategoryPressure Cookers