4Breville Citrus Press Pro 800CP

3.1

roger
roger4 posts

Best juicer, pity about the removable press failing after c 300 squeezes

I have owned this juicer for approximately 12 months, The machine has suburb qualities, a c 5-8 second squeeze gets all the juice, and most importantly a very quiet low pitch motor. The Stainless steel construction is excellent and solid on the bench top. The leverage on the overhand lever is an excellent idea and multiplies the downwards pressure of the squeezing cup.
I use the juicer daily and sometime bi- daily .
However the most important failing , which negates 100% of the worth of this c$300 machine, is the plastic/metal press cup. The plastic ring which locks into the lever arm gets worn fast and the cup fails to stay in the lever arm. Show details
AndySouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Phil KSouthwest, VIC6 posts

rbaSydney, NSW35 posts

Best juicer in 30 years

We've had an orange tree for more than 30 years and went through lots of citrus juicers before we found the Breville 800CP. We have fresh squeezed orange juice 5 days a week and the 800CP is the only one that can handle this for years on end. And so easy to use with the lever action and fruit dome which fits all sizes of oranges, limes and lemons. We've just purchased our third 800CP - they tend to last about 5 years then the gearbox gives up. Show details
John S.
John S.

I thought it died then it came back to life

The kids were juicing about 10 oranges and i was telling my friend how much i liked the juicer and what a great solid design it is. Then in that moment it just stopped with a bad electric motor smell. Dissappointing after about 15 months of use. However, seemed it just needed a rest and it started working again when i checked 20 mins later. So seems to be a protective mechanism.
Annoying how the bit that fits over the fruit has such a flimsy attachment and often falls off.
Incognito
IncognitoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Morning ritual

I have been using the stainless steel version for over two years to make two glasses of fresh orange juice every morning. A brilliant functional design, works faultlessly and it still looks like new!
Easy to clean - immediately after use I just rinse/brush the units clean under cold water then pour hot water from the kettle (after making cup of tea) over the unit to help it dry (with paper towel) and then reassemble the unit.
Fresh pressed orange juice is so much nicer, and cheaper, than the bottled variety. Buy oranges by the bag, enjoy the seasons, navel / valencia, from around Australia. Fresh is definitely best.
Hilly
HillySouth East Queensland, QLD

Another Breville Heap of Crap!

If you want to juice more than six oranges, don't buy this over priced rubbish. Cone falls off repeatedly, and the machine shuts down before it juices one lousy bucket full of fruit! Show details
Happy Miss OJ
Happy Miss OJSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts

Love My New ‘Toy’!

I was sick of hand juicing oranges from my heavily fruited trees every year. I researched available citrus pressers, and this came on top. Today I juiced 30 oranges, of varying sizes, in a fraction of the time taken hand juicing. The 800CP didn’t miss a beat. It juices fruit thoroughly, straight into the jug (not provided) underneath without drips.
Other reviews stated problems with the juicer cone constantly falling off, yet Breville have addressed this.
The cone didn’t fall off, and Breville have supplied extra C Clips should this become problematic in future.
Easy to clean- I just ran components under warm water, but they are dishwasher safe.
I’m actually looking forward to next ‘big juicing’ Show details
Coco
Coco38 posts

Excellent-No problems

I have had this juicer for many years. It is easy to clean. It is very quick and very easy to use. I use this regularly and have had no problems with it.
The only con , is that it's a little heavy to lift in and out of the cupboard and place on the bench top.
During the citrus season and during spring summer, I use this so much , it just stays on my bench top, as it is fairly compact.
I am recommending this , especially for people with families, we easily juice a bag of oranges in minutes. The pith and the seeds are automatically strained out , so the juice is delicious.
I can't quite remember when I bought it but it has had a lot of use and I believe it is at least 5 years old. Show details
DMO
DMOMelbourne9 posts

love it/hate it

I love the concept of this juicer, the overall quality is crap. I make orange juice every day & need a quick reliable machine & after 2(of these Breville Citrus Press Pro 800CP just stopping, they just dont last. Never again, back using Aldi citrus juicer it has never had any problems in the years of use. Do not buy, if you get one given to you or find a bargin on gumtree go for it, but dont be surprised when it dies. Also breville customer service is appalling. Show details
Scotty Jimmy
Scotty JimmyPerth3 posts

Nims2011
Nims2011Sydney, NSW31 posts

Magnetic cone fails after 6 months. Breville says it is not covered by 2 year warranty

The magnetic cone that holds the fruit in place keeps falling off. I bought this in December 2017 for my mother who has a shoulder problem. So I contacted Breville, who offered to sell me one for $27.57 plus $10 postage.$37.57 each 6 months? No, I don't think so, Breville.

This is the second appliance from Breville that has not been fit for purpose.. I dont think I will be buying another one. Customer service is also non-existent, with it being made obvious that they just dont care. Maybe they bought that jacket too...

Pearl
PearlQueensland4 posts

The Truth
The Truth9 posts

Brilliant - works very well

This citrus press works simply perfectly for us.

In addition it is durable and very easy to clean.

In my eyes the citrus press is worth every single cent if you have to process a lot of citrus fruit.

The time saving compared to manual processing is staggering.

As a result, no more body aches!

Mum1972
Mum1972Melbourne9 posts

Love This Product

Really happy with the juice I get from this product. So easy to clean! It is used every Sunday. Usually 2 largish oranges gets us a small glass for one. I juice 10 oranges with ease for the family, Have not had any issues with this product so far. Based on some of the reviews I hope it stays that way as I am loving my juicer!!!