2.7

• Rates and Fees

Natalie M.

Natalie M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Warning Do Not Use

I called Pronto Plumbing for a drain blockage. They came out, charged me $1,100 that I had to pay before any work started. Then they said the issue was urgent and needed an excavator and quoted me $12,000!! They told me to pay $6000 right away. It was 10pm and I was so taken back and so concerned of the urgency of the issue that I (stupidly) paid the $6,000 deposit. I called them back 44 minutes later to cancel the job and they refuse to refund my money.
To make it worse, i now know the problem is South East water and it’s the mains line and there is zero cost to me. Pronto Plumbing knew this but were going to charge me 12,000 anyway.
I am now going to the ombudsman to get my $6,000 deposit back.
This company should be shut down.

Dima

DimaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Didn’t commission my heater

bairdyxo

bairdyxoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Expertise at its finest!

They truly are drain specialists, we bought a home and about 8 months after moving in we noticed massive issues; we were forever having blocked drains, we called pronto plumbing and why yes they aren't the cheapest they did an amazing job and we wish we called them sooner than what we did, we now have no problems with our sewer! A HUGE thank you to the amazing team at pronto plumbing!

HodddorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Warning !!!do Not Use - I Beg Of You (Check the photos attached)

• +1Thumbnail

At your own risk

Stay away from Pronto Plumbing if you do not want to be tricked, cheated and misled by the outfit whose license should haven been revoked a long time ago. If you are 85 years old like myself and unable to get onto the roof to check Pronto's assessment and workmanship you are the ideal target for Pronto that will fix a minor leak (and possible future leaks) in the roof for $3,445. Also be prepared to pay 100% of their quote before they do anything for you. Should you choose to chancel the agreement you will forfeit the down payment. If you are still considering hiring Pronto Plumbers be sure to take a bunch of lawyers with you to help you interpret eight pages of fine print that will determine your relationship with Pronto Plumbers.

Job Satisfaction
Rick L.

Rick L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OVER/OVER priced

I had a cold water pipe (copper) split in my front yard on a Sunday. I booked the plumber to come on Monday so I could avoid weekend rates. In the meantime, I was able to excavate und uncover the broken pipe. Plumber arrived as planned and presented me with a quote for $650 for the repairs - and this was despite the fact that I'd already done all the hard work. I was in a bind timing-wise so I had to get the work done. I accepted the quote (under protest mind you) and the job was completed - in approx 2 hours.
Now - I ask you - does $300 plus per hour seem reasonable?
I have complained to the company with no success.
But - they've created yet another dissatisfied customer. Judging by the reviews I've read - they just don't care !

Must Be Boycotted!!

This company must be boycotted!!! They are real criminals ripping off the elderly. They charged my elderly mother $700 to replace a mixer tap worth $75 which took 10-15 mins to install. This is with a Pensioner and extra discounts! $600+ for 15 mins labour. Is this fair and honest, as they claim on their website? You be the judge.

Customer S.Pronto Plumbing

Wish i never used pronto plumbing

I was given an excessively expensive quote. I was in a tight corner so thought ok go with them atleast it will be high quality.
I was wrong.
You pay upfront. The next day a different plumber turns up ill informed and ill equiped to do the job well.
I was left with a cheap and shoddy job . I felt totally exploited.
I wish i never used pronto plumbing.

Nikky Mann

Nikky MannMelbourne

Do not use

Rates and Fees

Biggest rip off ever!

Wanted 1500$ for a 45 min job. Used another plumber, 200$. The 49$ call out fee to not use them was the best money I spent. Don’t use them ever!

RAJWINDERGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad experience

Don’t go with them
unprofessional service . Cancel my job without any noticeable start argument.
They just don’t want to listen .I called so many times .I took emergency day off .waste of time and money .

RAJWINDER

No one inform me that job is cancel
Or not .I waited then call and lady start arguing that she did msg to me .do u have proof ???
U don’t recommend you
I took day off from my work .

Anthony

AnthonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Another bad review

Called out for kitchen sink that had a blockage that was slow to drain. Was quoted $976 for what they said was an hour job + materials (PVC!). Only thing they drained was $49 for my call out fee. Had fixed today by another Company for $220. Boy I wish I had checked google first!! Main plumber (????) looks like he had an apprentice with him also - young man leave whilst you still have some integrity. Queue in Pronto Plumbing standard response.... blah blah.

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't use them.

Bakes

Took money and didn’t finish the job

Paid upfront for a quoted job - do not do this as this company could not finish the job and then would not refund us our money for uncompleted work. Even after logical discussion and follow up through emails they would not refund our money. We felt very angry and annoyed as it was simply us paying for something that was not done - then on asking for a refund we were refused. No logic at all. Would never ever use this business again

Bakes

Is this really going to be taken to the relevant department? our complaint is already 2 months old and nothing has occurred. I doubt very much that this matter will be resolved and I am still ver unhappy.

The technicians were very friendly and courteous they unplugged our toilet very quickly I would definitely recommend pronto plumbing for all your plumbing needs thank you guys so very much.

Daniela M.

Daniela M.

Do Not Use Pronto Plumbing.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees

Scott K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very expensive

45 mins onsite, I dug out the hole, 2 pressure connectors and a metre of PVC, $1000!
I guess that’s the price for an emergency call on a weekday. Definitely not recommended

Ben V.

Ben V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy with quality of work and product.

Got quote yesterday, paid, Adam & work mate arrived this morning, removed old toilets and installed two new toilet sets. I'm very happy with the quality of work and product. No further charges to the original quote from yesterday. I highly recommend Adam and his work mate.

shaileshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

absolute rip off

stay away from this company as they are not genuine and honest with their work. quoted me $5000 to replace my solar gas hot water system. called chromagen and they fixed it in 10 mins and just paid the call out fee $187.
they just want to replace your system and charge for no reason , when things can be fixed

shailesh

It’s not about being cheap or expensive , the service provided is not genuine and honest

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Water hummer, noisy pipes

For years my hot water pipes have been noisy which always concerned me. Pronto evaluated, gave me a couple of options and took the time to discuss. The option I wanted to go ahead with was pretty hexy for me however I was able to negotiate a more comfortable price. On the day they were prompt, professional and listened to all my concerns. Would definitely use them again, thanks guys.

Flick A.asked

Six months ago I paid over $6,000 for new Hot Water Service, after many difficulties with the way it didn't work properly, it was finally fixed. Now, six months later, the new copper pipe is turning blue around the two joins. Your plumber came a week later. I asked Hayden why and he stated 'I don't know, why does the world turn', this answer is not satisfactory, please give me a reason why these new cooper pipes are turning blue..It is simply not right. I am now in contact with VCCC Again I ask Why are my new copper pipes turning green.

Nroseasked

Hi Pronto Plumbing, why are you taking money from people when services aren't delivered. What is your direct cost when someone cancels their "contract" within half an hour? Why are you writing fake reviews?

DxG
DxG

Hi Nrose,
Sadly it seems they are trying to flood the reviews with these 5 star ratings to lure in unexpected people - it's not right. It looks as though since I have pointed this out they've gone on a field day using discriptive language and different scenarios - maybe they've gone and got some writing lessons.
If you haven't already I would suggest you go through ACCC and lodge your complaint, there is currently delays with covid but eventually this company will be stopped.

Nrose

We definitley have reported them to a number of places. Since posting my reviews I've had 3 people private message me about their dealings with this company when they traded under their old abn. They became insolvent and those customers were left with thousands of dollars in defects and debts. It's sickening what these criminals are doing.

Of course they're desperate enough to write fake reviews. It's funny the very clear pattern of their reviews and as soon as they're outed, magically the subsequent fake reviews have a different tone.

Oshies
Oshies

On our way the VBA as well. These guys took advantage of my pensioner parents. No shame!!! Didn’t even fix the problem. I am looking into reporting via the ACCC as well. These guys need to be stopped. I advised them that the work was no good and a rip off which is against ACCC guidelines for services and now radio silence. I had to get another company in to do the work after the fact.

Anna C.

Anna C.asked

What is Email address of Pronto Plumbing, the company that installed my gas heater & gas hot water service, on Monday August 10 , in Lilydale.

Arman
Arman

It is: info@prontoplumbing.com.au

Ashleigh
Ashleigh

Reading these comments I cannot believe this, we got ripped off by this company yesterday they are refusing any refund. I am currently in the process of taking this further.. This company needs to be stopped

Flick A.

Do take it further, like me. Consumer Affairs. Agree that they should be stopped. They have before. Also they work under the name 24/7 check the reviews there.. Disgraceful.

Get an answer from our members and Pronto Plumbing representatives