Pumpables Milk Genie

Pumpables Milk Genie

Can't believe how easy it is

I bought this based on positive reviews, not disappointed!
I only need to use it on levels 2-4 and I get good suction without pain. I started using it as my milk came in late and I needed all the colostrum I could get. It was a life saver for me to maintain exclusive breast feeding. I use it to fully drain my breasts now after she feeds.
Powerful but gentle on my nipples.
Small and portable.
So easy to clean and take apart.

Not for me..

Really disappointed.

I completely agree with the review below. I had high hopes for this pump but sadly it hasn’t lived up to my expectations.
The suction is ok but I find the noises the pump makes is really loud. I don’t seem to be the only one who thinks this? It makes pumping near your baby really hard as if the baby is asleep the noise will wake her up.

There is no clip so you need to buy extra products for this to be a portable pump.

Battery life is not long. It cuts out after a couple of hours, much less than the advertised amount. Probably half the time stated.

Unfortunately I’m going to stick with my other pump.

The only positive was that shipping was fairly fast and multiple plugs are in the box.

I also had 3 emails since purchasing asking to leave a review in return for a discount code so I’m not sure how accurate these reviews are?

Purchased in December 2018 for $200.00.

Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Hey Carmel, sorry you're disappointed. We know that's a major pain when buying for a new baby. First of all- battery life should be 2.5 hours, when you say it's cutting out after a couple of hours, would it be around the 2.5 hour mark? If shorter than that, please get in touch as you could have a fault. The Genie Plus is really quiet - it's not going to be silent, but it's a lot quieter than many other pumps. It might be worth emailing us at hello@pumpables.co and we can have a listen and see if things seem normal. And oops about the emails, that sounds like a bug!

Low suction and loud

The pump is comfortable but the suction seems low on all settings and i can barely get an oz of milk, even when my breasts are full. Would not recommend.

Purchased in February 2019 for $200.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding
Hey Tiffany, the Genie Plus has great suction, so if you are getting low suction then it's really really likely there's something simple going wrong with assembly that we can probably help you with. PLEASE get in touch at hello@pumpables.co so we can help you out. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best pump & customer service!

My pump recently started to die more frequently, I emailed the pumpables team asking how I would go about getting a replacement pump, I didn’t check my emails again that day expecting a couple of days to reply, the next day I open my door and have a package for me. It was a brand new pump with all the accessories. No questions asked!
Due to a poor latch I sorely reply on my pump to feed my daughter, im using my pump multiple times a day. I’m blown away by how prompt these guys are. Oh and my pump has been amazing, I use to have the AVENT one but switched to Pumpables after I heard good reviews. Honestly if you’re reading this, just stop and go order the pump you will not regret it one bit at all.

Purchased in November 2018 for $150.00.

Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Aww thanks Paige. So glad the pump is working well for you. We take warranty claims really seriously... we are mums and know mums may be relying on our pump to feed their baby, so we do our best to get things sorted. Very glad the Genie Plus is working well for you now.

It's my first electrical pump and I love it.

It's easy to use and carry around.
Friendly with my nipples.
I use it once every day since February 2019.
I like the fact that it's quite silent. Can be used near the sleeping baby without issue.
The shipping was fast and reliable.
I would recommend this pump to all mums.

Purchased in November 2018 for $170.00.

Thank you!

Excellent product

My daughter uses this with my grandchild and we absolutely love it. It’s great when we have to babysit and we have all the milk in the fridge ready to go to feed our grandchild.

Purchased in June 2018 at Feminine Mysteries.

Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Your daughter has a great mum!

Great portable pump

Loving it as a portable pump. Small and compact and looks great! I can use it around the house with ease. Only problem I have is that the flanges does not fit the bottles and adapter to standard neck well. It is extremely difficult to remove the adapters and put them back. Not sure if it is a defective piece.

Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Hmm interesting. It could possibly be that the screw is 'suctioning' too tight. This can happen if there's any moisture on the part when you screw it together. Hopefully this is the problem, and you will see this lol. Thanks for reviewing!

Awesome little pump

Super happy with this pump. I exclusively express for my son so I bought the Milk Genie Plus to use as my portable pump when I go out (probably use it twice a week on average). It’s so small and light. I get a similar yield with it as I do with my main pump at home (in a similar timeframe) which is great.

+ Lots of different settings to suit everyone.
+ Love that it includes 3 different flange sizes as most brands will give you one and if that doesn’t fit, you have to buy the size you need.
+ Option of single or double pumping.
+ The battery charges quickly and lasts a few hours of pumping.
+ Hospital-grade/closed system which is very important.
+ Free shipping (though I can’t say mine arrived quickly).
+ They often have promo codes running so have a look before buying.

My only gripes are:
- The tubing is not as flexible as that of some other pumps and seems to slip off the connections quite easily, e.g. with a little knock or sudden movement, so not great fun when you have a toddler and baby around while you’re pumping.
- The bottles have quite a deep lip at the top so I always lose a few mLs of breastmilk during transfer (every drop counts!). Not an issue for those who can use the supplied bottles/teats, but my son can’t for medical reasons so transferring to different bottles is inevitable for us. Luckily the pump easily fits other wide-neck varieties so I just use my Spectra bottles instead.

All in all, highly recommend to anyone looking for a pump.
Also, be sure to use their Nipple Ruler https://pumpables.co/measure/ to make sure you are using the right size flange - if you are in pain when pumping, you are probably using the wrong size!

Purchased in October 2018 for $119.00.

Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)
Thanks for your review! It's really rewarding for us knowing that exclusively expressing mums are using our pumps, we know how much hard work it is!

The real genie to all EPM mum

It is lighter and more efficient than my previous pump. so quiet that i can pump in the taxi without the driver noticing! It's my new bff. I can fit my Avent bottle directly to it. I'm leaving my freestyle buddy at home and bringing my genie bff out with me.

Purchased in February 2019 for $179.00.

Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)
Yayy so happy the Genie Plus is helpful for you.

Glad that i trust my instinct!

Express delivery, easy to use. Never faced any issues when using this wonderful breastpump. Quite hesitant at first as its quite new in the market but glad that i trust my instinct!

Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Thanks for taking a risk on us!

PUMPABLES SURELY THE BEST

Love how compact the machine is and it helps with my pumping session like A LOT so I do recommended for first time mother who surely need a pump. Been using it for 3 months now and love it to the max. Thanks pumpables for producing such a wonderful pump.

Purchased in November 2018 for $133.00.

Loving it!

I love the fact that there are 3 flange sizes included in the package. I can easily find a size that matches me, without having to purchase a different size since the default one is usually too big. The pump is petite and easy to bring around, yet huge on performance! The price point is definitely a big plus as it is very affordable.

Purchased in December 2018 for $179.00.

Best Milk Pump ever

Really best ever I pump milk easily and with out painful thanks to pumables Milk Genie I use it 3 times a day . Can’t travel with out it. I love it

Purchased in January 2019 at 2nds World Online store for $150.00.

Bubble wrap box please

It works okay. I wish that it will come bubble wrapped like it’s competitor the Spectra S1 and Spectra 9+. The box came in dented and spoilt. Makes it looks cheap when I think it is a good product.

Purchased in January 2019.

Ahh oh no! What location are you in? If you email us at hello@pumpables.co we''ll pass on your feedback to the right warehouse. Thank you for reviewing!One layer of bubble wrap is not enough. At least two layers. Location is in Singapore

Verly pleased with the the comfort of the product, happy with getting betwern 2-3 half oz depending on the times, really handy to bring while traveling small compact, highly recommend

Purchased in January 2019 for $143.00.

Does what it says

I’ve never used any other breast pump so although I have nothing else to compare it to i am happy with this product. I am an occasional expresser and don’t express every day. It’s small and portable, the different size breast shields is really handy and comfortable to express. It hasn’t increased my supply (which is fine I didn’t buy it to) but I can express a full feed/bottle of around 180 ml in 15 minutes. The customer service was also good and the pump arrived quickly.

Good but can be better

I had been using a Spectra 2 and now that I'm back to work so I decided to go with the Pumpables. The first days it did not get good results. It took time to adjust and now I like it better. Still, there is a lot to improve.
Pros:
It is small and quiet. Which makes it perfect on the go.
It is gentle and the expression mode is natural (similar to the Spectra).
The battery lasts me about 6-7 20min pumps.
The parts are compatible with the Spectra.
I really like the tubes. They have a connector in each side which provides a better attachment to the cap and to the pump. (a plus against Spectra).

Cons:
The 21mm flange is too short. Get better results using the Spectra flanges. I'm not sure if is the size or the form but I get a more powerfull pump with the 21mm Spectra flanges.
The power is not enough to double pump (There is only one vacuum level, several cycle levels). I get more milk when using the Haakka silicone pump in one breast and pumping in the other. (always use it off charge)
I don't think it helps to increase the supply. It is not able to empty fully my breast for that I need the Spectra.
The bottles neck should be changed, you cannot empty them fully, wasting some milk in each. So again, I use the Spectra bottles.
One of the caps cracked the second day of use. It is functional but has a fissure so it will surely break soon.

Purchased in January 2019 for $130.00.

Amazing!!! Thank you!!

The pump is extremely comfortable and the customer service is excellent. Nothing to fault except maybe that the tubes disconnect quite easily from the machine but it is so easy to reconnect that it is barely worth mentioning. Thank you for creating this wonderful machine!!!

Purchased in January 2019 for $150.00.

This is great

Love how small and easy to use this pump is! It doesn’t make a lot of sound and I do get a decent amount of milk when I pump. The only thing I don’t love is how easily the chords pop out of the machine, that would be the only thing I’d change.

Comfort

Are you Returning to work and still wish to breastfeed? You need this product.

Love it. I went back to work when my baby was 3month old and was worried how i would still keep my milk supply up and still manage to keep breastfeeding. Thanks to this amazing pump I am still currently using it. She is taking both breastmilk from me and a bottle thanks to pumpables. This pump is amazing, it is very easy to use, does not make alot of sound while pumping, easy to clean and is a great size to pack in my bag and take to work. Love that it comes with other parts to fit all size women. Great pressie idea for a babyshower gift for a new mum. So glad i found this product. I would definitely recommend it to all my friends and family and to all those mums that wish to continue breastfeeding and returning to work.

Purchased in October 2018.