Purplebricks

Purplebricks

See the Best Real Estate Agents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Just not with the Australian times

They couldn't sell my home in 9 months, updated my campaign a few time (at my expense) used another agent and sold in 1 month now stuck with their fees

Jade

JadeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent poopy crap

[name removed] was our agent, then she went MIA and no one in the office knew what was going on. Another young girl stepped in for a few weeks then [name removed] turned up again. Our keys were lost, overall a hideous experience!! Hopeless, lying incompetent agents that did not Work for the seller. [name removed] even had the audacity to send me (the client) a scathing email which she sent after 10.30pm on a Sunday. Do not bother with this pathetic group.

Unhappy CustomerSydney, NSW

Purple Bricks is a scam.

No wonder Purple Bricks did not succeed in Australia. They are running a scam. The agent made a lot of promises and did not fulfill any of them. Now a lot of customers, including me, are out of pocket. I think there should be a legal class action against them. They are only in business to make a quick profit and then exit when they can no longer con anyone. Any lawyers out there willing to take on a class action against Purple Bricks? I will be the first in line to join.

Tyson

TysonCentral West, NSW

Absolute scammed!

Absolute scammed, now I have ratesetter calling me every second day chasing 5000+ for a property that purple bricks did not sell they removed the property as they were leaving the market in aus and now expect me to pay the fees as they have done absolute nothing! Surely there is something that can be done about this!!
I suggest no one ever uses they guys!

Disgusting treatment. Dishonest. Misleading

Never sold our house. Removed our house for sale off the internet as I had made a complaint. Made a complaint to the company about our agent who then investigated his own complaint as he is/was the territory manager?? Misleading information. Faceless company. Told by the agent we don't have to pay any fees when we heard PB was leaving when I asked for it writing he no longer recalled saying it. Surely there is some legalities protecting the everyday working family being ripped off and lied to and pressured into paying for something that hasn't met the contract? Avoid.

Anne

AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Purple Bricks

Is there anyone out there who is being harassed for payment of $4200 from Purple Bricks. We are constantly being threatened about payment for this amount when we do not believe we need to pay. PB are the ones who pulled out of Australia. We would never have listed with them had we had an inkling that this could happen. We had similar discussions with them regarding them wanting to keep reducing price again and again.
We would be interested in chatting with others in a similar situation for sharing of information and ideas

Cathy N.

Cathy N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ripped off. Didn't try to sell property

Signed up after being told we could sell easy and get a great price.. After 2 weeks was cohersed into dropping price by $40000 then poor marketing and attempts to sell.. 5 opens in 1 year.. Told had to drop price but refused to.. No offers in 1 year.Their contract says to honour and sell for life of contract but now left Australia and want money but won't honour the contract.. They had broken contact.. No calls. No apology.. Disgraceful..... They wouldn't even fix their sign that is falling down out the front...

Karen B.

Karen B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ripped off

Terrible service, was promised we could see everything on the app.. pfft nothing is on it, other than our house..we joined a week before they decided to pull out, now we are stuck with them. It’s been 6 weeks and told we need to lower our price by $50,000 as the general feedback is poor. We were told that we need to pay our $4400 in a few mths as PB will be leaving then..we were also told to think about taking the house off the market for 18 mths..Like many other people on here, there is no communication unless initiated by us, so regret choosing PB...ended up going with a local well known agent.

Dodgy AF

Booked inspection. Confirmed by PB & rescheduled by owner. I attended the inspection on cold winters night to be told property was not for sale and the owner knew nothing about sale. Checked with PB and no satisfactory explanation. Waste of time. Use ‘real’ estate agents instead.

Hans van der Heiden

Hans van der HeidenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loss of interest

Listed with Purple Bricks just before the announcement that they we packing up and leaving Australia. Quick to take the money for the listing but no hard work to get a buyer. Once we got an interested buyer, and only because they were looking at an identical property next door that had just gone to contract, we got a contract. The agent messed around with sending the contract to the right people, we had to chase it all up. The agent stepped back and let us do the work. Total loss of interest. We later lost the buyer on a minor clause that should have been handled by the agent. Was a total waste of time and money.

Daniel L.

Daniel L.Perth, WA

Hopeless and dishonest

Put in an offer for a house in Bayswater. Was accepted after negotiation. Owner delayed signing contract for a week then pulled out even though accepted online. Was told that she changed her mind and was going to rent it out. Then in a week she had sold it to someone else. Dishonest agent. Good riddance.

diejam

diejamSouth East Queensland, QLD

They don't reply to emails

I have emailed them several times about a property I am interested in inspecting and possibly buying but they don't reply to any of it. Didn't even acknowledge my text either.

Rachy rach

Rachy rachGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid. Don’t do it!

One star is to generous!
We tried to sell with Purple bricks, it was a night mare.
We changed real estate agents and sold with them.
Very costly mistake. I warn everyone thinking of selling to not use them.
Selling is stressful at the best of times, well Purple bricks added even more stress to our lives!

Shannan O.

Shannan O.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible- Don’t waste your time or money

Felt more like a sale. Fellow who initially signed with fobbed me off to another “ colleague” instantly.

Can’t believe I fell for it, and I’m now $5000+ out of pocket for nothing.

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste your time with them, rating, minus one star.

Sean

SeanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgraceful!

Worst customer service I have ever seen.

Went to an open inspection. Was ignored completely by the agent, and then got kicked out because we didn’t want to register. Overheard that he’s got some side business and trying to push it to the people inspecting the house. Worst customer service I have ever seen.

D. Hay

D. HaySouth Australia

Extremely poor service

Worst company ever. All they want is your money then they ignore you. Best news ever that they are gone from Australia. Horrible people. Hope they never come back here.

SJR311

SJR311Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Source of Leads!

At first I was weary of Purplebricks but I soon discovered them to be a great source of leads! Now with the announcement of their closure of Australian operations it has resulted in EVEN MORE LEADS! Thanks Purplebricks!!!!

Good riddance

Good riddence when purple bricks started knocking real estate agents I knew they were desperate .Their model would never work as they only attracted hopeless agents A top agent would not work for a lousey $ 800 a listing Purple bricks was about listing not selling

No moe money

No moe moneyasked

I would like to know why you have such terrible reviews ? Could it be that there is no reason for the agent to do any work in selling the owners property or getting them a better offer because they have already been paid the upfront fee . Seems like just a no win for the home owner or interested buyers , just win win for the agent . What do you think ?

Unhappy Customer

Yes definitely but you have to take it at face value and give them a chance. It becomes a legal case when they go over the line and not honour their commitment after they have been paid. Thats called fraud and has to be stopped whoever it is.

Scully

Scullyasked

What would the incentive be to sell a house if all the fees are paid up front? None you could walk away even if the PB made money on a open house it would be a lot more lucrative option just to sign up potential sellers and do nothing. You have your money list it on domain to pretend your trying to sell it and then walk away

Allan Gibbs
Allan Gibbs

You have answered your own question. The seller is still bound by PB's marketing costs if the property does not sell. PB doesn't show incentive or enthusiasm from their agents. The agent keeps wanting you to accept marketing upgrades and to lower your selling price. In the end only PB benefits from all of this!

Philippa O.asked

Has Purple Bricks sold any properties in Varsity Lakes, QLD 4227 in 2019?
What was the slowest sale?
What was the price?
thanks

Mark

My ex PB agent had over 94 homes (what he claimed) listed in and around Varsity lakes,during the 12 months I was listed with him he had sold 4 for the area from Burleigh to Worongary. The agents have been paid before any sales and are not interested in sales or any communication. Check Realestate.com and sales in the areas you wish to look for.

Philippa O.

Thanks for that - helpful.

Get an answer from our members and Purplebricks representatives

CategoryReal Estate Agents