2.9

48% · 226235 · 50%

1.1

Mark
MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Beware you get what you pay for

Beware of this company, read the bad reviews, you do get what you pay for. Purplebricks were happy to use photos of a property I sold, to advertise a property they listed around the corner, they did take a picture of the front of the property but the inside photos and yard were of the property I sold . The colour scheme inside , the rear yard, and side outlook were different.
Company is happy to use copyright material and falsely advertise a property to cut corners and save money in the end it will cost you.
Ange
AngeSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Idiots

We listed a place for sale in Palm Beach that was across the road from the beach that they described as “so close to the beach you can ALMOST hear it”. Enough said.
We pulled out within 2 weeks and hired another realestate who sold our property within a week.
Pradeep M.
Pradeep M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgrace

It is a joke that this organisation is still operating. Any one reading this , do yourself a favour and do not engage. There are 101 departments and no one knows what the other is doing, you have to follow up constantly, decisions are made without your consultation and its a nightmare to get anything done.
Rod
RodSydney, NSW20 posts

Read feedback review is good idea like to thank u all for your honesty Many industry misleading unaccountable ASIC Jobto

Just reading feedback reviews on this and that, where most are misleading & don't honor their product or service, they fail by own neglect
Rachel
RachelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Just not with the Australian times

They couldn't sell my home in 9 months, updated my campaign a few time (at my expense) used another agent and sold in 1 month now stuck with their fees
Jade
JadeSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Incompetent poopy crap

[name removed] was our agent, then she went MIA and no one in the office knew what was going on. Another young girl stepped in for a few weeks then [name removed] turned up again. Our keys were lost, overall a hideous experience!! Hopeless, lying incompetent agents that did not Work for the seller. [name removed] even had the audacity to send me (the client) a scathing email which she sent after 10.30pm on a Sunday. Do not bother with this pathetic group.
Unhappy CustomerSydney, NSW3 posts

Purple Bricks is a scam

No wonder Purple Bricks did not succeed in Australia. They are running a scam. The agent made a lot of promises and did not fulfill any of them. Now a lot of customers, including me, are out of pocket. I think there should be a legal class action against them. They are only in business to make a quick profit and then exit when they can no longer con anyone. Any lawyers out there willing to take on a class action against Purple Bricks? I will be the first in line to join.
Tyson
TysonCentral West, NSW5 posts

Absolute scammed!

Absolute scammed, now I have ratesetter calling me every second day chasing 5000+ for a property that purple bricks did not sell they removed the property as they were leaving the market in aus and now expect me to pay the fees as they have done absolute nothing! Surely there is something that can be done about this!!
I suggest no one ever uses they guys!
Emma
Emma

Disgusting treatment. Dishonest. Misleading

Never sold our house. Removed our house for sale off the internet as I had made a complaint. Made a complaint to the company about our agent who then investigated his own complaint as he is/was the territory manager?? Misleading information. Faceless company. Told by the agent we don't have to pay any fees when we heard PB was leaving when I asked for it writing he no longer recalled saying it. Surely there is some legalities protecting the everyday working family being ripped off and lied to and pressured into paying for something that hasn't met the contract? Avoid.
Anne
AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Purple Bricks

Is there anyone out there who is being harassed for payment of $4200 from Purple Bricks. We are constantly being threatened about payment for this amount when we do not believe we need to pay. PB are the ones who pulled out of Australia. We would never have listed with them had we had an inkling that this could happen. We had similar discussions with them regarding them wanting to keep reducing price again and again.
We would be interested in chatting with others in a similar situation for sharing of information and ideas
Cathy N.
Cathy N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ripped off. Didn't try to sell property

Signed up after being told we could sell easy and get a great price.. After 2 weeks was cohersed into dropping price by $40000 then poor marketing and attempts to sell.. 5 opens in 1 year.. Told had to drop price but refused to.. No offers in 1 year.Their contract says to honour and sell for life of contract but now left Australia and want money but won't honour the contract.. They had broken contact.. No calls. No apology.. Disgraceful..... They wouldn't even fix their sign that is falling down out the front...
Karen B.
Karen B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ripped off

Terrible service, was promised we could see everything on the app.. pfft nothing is on it, other than our house..we joined a week before they decided to pull out, now we are stuck with them. It’s been 6 weeks and told we need to lower our price by $50,000 as the general feedback is poor. We were told that we need to pay our $4400 in a few mths as PB will be leaving then..we were also told to think about taking the house off the market for 18 mths..Like many other people on here, there is no communication unless initiated by us, so regret choosing PB...ended up going with a local well known agent.
PB is Dodgy
PB is Dodgy

Dodgy AF

Booked inspection. Confirmed by PB & rescheduled by owner. I attended the inspection on cold winters night to be told property was not for sale and the owner knew nothing about sale. Checked with PB and no satisfactory explanation. Waste of time. Use ‘real’ estate agents instead.
Hans van der HeidenSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Loss of interest

Listed with Purple Bricks just before the announcement that they we packing up and leaving Australia. Quick to take the money for the listing but no hard work to get a buyer. Once we got an interested buyer, and only because they were looking at an identical property next door that had just gone to contract, we got a contract. The agent messed around with sending the contract to the right people, we had to chase it all up. The agent stepped back and let us do the work. Total loss of interest. We later lost the buyer on a minor clause that should have been handled by the agent. Was a total waste of time and money.

James T.
James T.

Who wants join me and put for class action against purple bricks? Reading the reviews indicates I am not the only one shafted by these scam artists. Add me on Facebook. Siar Tookhi.

Unhappy Customer

Hi James. My name is Alex and I have started some communication with other ex PB customers who wants to take action. Do you know of a law firm that will take this class action on?

Amiee
Amiee

Hi there,
Any updates on the class action against PB, I never received my refund. Sign me up! Please send me your contact details, many thanks.

No moe money
No moe money

I would like to know why you have such terrible reviews ? Could it be that there is no reason for the agent to do any work in selling the owners property or getting them a better offer because they have already been paid the upfront fee . Seems like just a no win for the home owner or interested buyers , just win win for the agent . What do you think ?

Unhappy Customer

Yes definitely but you have to take it at face value and give them a chance. It becomes a legal case when they go over the line and not honour their commitment after they have been paid. Thats called fraud and has to be stopped whoever it is.

Jonno
Jonno
Scully
Scully

What would the incentive be to sell a house if all the fees are paid up front? None you could walk away even if the PB made money on a open house it would be a lot more lucrative option just to sign up potential sellers and do nothing. You have your money list it on domain to pretend your trying to sell it and then walk away

Allan Gibbs