Qantas Assure Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (8)
Ted56

Ted56AU

Avoid this insurance

I was with another provider and switced to Qantas...boy it was a big mistake.

My claim still have not been paid after 9days. Called them always being put on hold n still not resolved. They said my case has been assigned to a case manager n they will call me back in 24 hours. No one did. I still don't know what will happen to my claim.

AVOID this insurance.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would give 0 if possible for their hospital cover

Avoid this provider

After being with this provide for years and upgrading to a higher cover I served a two month waiting period for a vasectomy as stated in product disclosure. They determined that the vasectomy was a pre existing illness and determined that the wait period was 12months contrary to what is stated within the disclosure. Pre existing on the basis I never wanted children and not only were they not going to cover procedure but also the hospital visit. Seems to me that this company wants to take all the premiums running into the thousands mind you and under deliver on its products. I would recommend seeking an alternative to health insurance as I have done. Shame on you Qantas Assure you should have your licence revoked

Diane

DianeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Complete waste of time

Was convinced by Qantas that because I worked for Qantas they would look after me. And they probably did with the premium price, but Qantas health is underwritten by NIB. They are the WORST... months of phone calls & emails when trying to claim for my 15yr old sons knee surgery, upgraded for possible further knee surgery and now that my husband has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, which was not pre-existing, they won't cover him. Crap customer service, they lie all the time about policy and procedures. I am devastated and they couldn't care less.

Kylie

Kylie

Terrible claims process - claims constantly rejected.

After years with previous insurer where I could easily submit claims and they were just paid this is a complete pain. Admin area is really clunky to navigate and I am constantly having issues with resubmitting and having to chase up to understand why claims are rejected.
Now shopping around for a new fund to get away from this very painful experience
Customer service very hit and miss... but the fact that I keep having to call Customer service to find out what is going on is driving me nuts!

Claim MadeYes

Don't believe what they tell you.

Fact when taking out policy asked to include hearing aids After being with NIB now for some years I have had about 3 major claims only 1 was paid. I pay $444 per month. Have just used one of those compare health policy companies and find that I am paying about $50 per month more than I should. My GP and ENT specialist warned me about NIB and I did not take their advice. Big mistake.

Bella1004

Bella1004Sydney

So far so good - excellent customer service exp

Gateway7

Gateway7Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

just a tool to steal Qantas frequent flier points

After I signed up with this fake insurance and provided my credit card details they stole 411000 points of my account. they took what they can get. Just a criminal organisation and Qantas just looks the other way, not their problem.

Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not worth it in any way

These days surely we can get cover for the things relevant to us and not have to pay through the roof for cover we don’t need, plus add gaps, ridiculous

Troyp

TroypGosford

Don't Do Quotes For Frequent Flyer Points 12 months on No Points

1.receive email from Qantas Insurance in Aug 2019 offering 1000 points for taking a phone call and being issued a quate.
2. Took phone call and received quote in Aug2019.
3. No points to date ever been supplied 12 months later.
4. Qantas decided to remove 146k illegally because of activy in last 18 months.
5. Qantas call centre REFUSE to reinstate points despite sending proof of emails
6. Qantas call centre REFUSE 1000 points

Janette Kavanagh

Janette KavanaghMurray Region, NSW

All experiences have been great!

I have had no problems at all. Refunds are good. Service great, never had to wait long on calls, friendly helpful staff. Easy to claim. Most times just use card.

Claim MadeYes
Frida

FridaAdelaide

Online and app claim facility is poor

The online claim facility for Qantas insurance is a problem. Uploaded documents are clearly readable on their site viewer, then claims are rejected as the documents can not be read by insurance staff. I was then recommended to use the Qantas Wellbeing app on my phone to submit claims. After lengthy phone call, this was equally dysfunctional. Would not recommend this insurer, despite their polite and well meaning phone customer service.......

Ad

Worst off boarding experience ever.

Been with insurer for 6 months. Have now changed insurers and Qantas is required to provide me a refund for the outstanding months. I cancelled the credit card that I used to to pay for the insurance in January months ago however they have attempted to refund back onto my cancelled credit card and now I will need to go to that bank (which i have no current active accounts with) to request them to transfer my money to my bank account. Huge inconvenience and unnecessary. Poor off boarding experience and would highly everyone to avoid Qantas

Claim MadeNo
Ryan C.

Ryan C.Sydney, NSW

Worst insurer I have ever been with

policy has been trouble from day 1, claims take forever to pay and I’ve been to the ombudsman twice. Avoid like the plague, nothing is ever simple or easy with them

lanserj

lanserjGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

4 years and every claim has been rejected or requires resubmit

This policy (Basic Hospital, Basic extras and $500 excess) is poor value, with minimal coverage and convoluted claims system. Many providers don't auto reimburse or recognise it as underwritten by NIB. Expect 10+ minute waits for calls.

Jack T.

Jack T.South East Queensland, QLD

Would give them 0 stars if I could.

john l

john lSydney, NSW

Buyer Beware Forget Qantas As A Health Insurer

When i signed up in August i was not informed that any items i had used with my previous insurer would be deducted from the cover i have chosen and would have to wait till January 1st 2020 to lodge claims EG Optical
They did not mind taking the monthly payments but give nothing in exchange.
It is the old saying "the devil you do know is better than the one you don't"
I would hate to think of what i will endure when i do lodge a claim.
QANTAS may be a good Airline but forget the rest of their products, stick to your main core business.
I know they use NIB so it does not look good for them either, QANTAS should think twice before the ruin an elderly couples health insurance cover.

MichaelC

MichaelCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible service

This is a hopeless health insurance provider! Every time I try to make a claim it gets rejected. It takes longer than the 5 days they say it should take. Make matters worse their rejecting a claim that they themselves filled out the paperwork for me. So not worth the qantas points! Think its time go back to my original provider!

Carlos Chan

Carlos ChanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Paid for nothing, based on their policy, nothing can be claim at all

I paid $360 for a Gold hospital with extra and yet, nothing can be claim. I have submit an optical claim and say that the company is not in their register list. In case, I haven't seen any register list before and there is no ways to check it out, only by phone. They also told that the register list change time to time. It is very non-sense that hey can say what they want in this policy. Is it means that when I have injury, I still need to get up and give them a call before I do my treatment?

Sarah

SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD

'No gap only' fund - bad news