Qantas Assure Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Highly recommend Qantas assure.

We have with Qantas assure for over a year now.
I had a operation and a procedure done within the first year, they paid for it since it wasn't pre existing.
Claiming has never been a problem and get paid quickly.
Everyone I have spoke to on the the ph has always been very helpful and polite.
We received 80,000 qantas frequent flyer points for joining, these were loaded automatically a couple of months after we started the policy.

Coverage TypeCouple
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Great

I changed because of the points.. pd $500 excess for day surgery all good no dramas dental claims easy staff always polite.Can't see why others have had poor experience love the well being app fun plus points

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes

"Assure"......this insurance company assures you zero!

20 years i have been paying for private health cover. Last 2 years we switched to this insurance company and i would not recommend them. They all say they care......you are a number and only a number. I decided to leave because of they way Qantas Assure went about my situation, no effort to keep me on as a customer.........though if i was not just a number they would have looked into our file/records or even notes on system and called to ensure we stay on as a customers. "Assure"......they assure you zero!

Don't!

In early May 2019 I transferred my private health insurance to Qantas Assure primarily because of the FF rewards.

3 weeks ago I attempted to make my first claim for a portion of my gym membership (the form was appropriately completed & signed by my GP & accompanied with the gyms receipts). My form was returned to me via email requesting additional supporting information. I provided the information requested and resubmitted my application last week. It was returned to me yet again requesting even more information but failed to explain what, exactly, they needed. As everything appeared to be in order on the form I phoned their help desk for clarification. Chris told me I needed to include a provider number from the gym. When I explained the gym did not have a provider number, but were a preferred supplier by NIB, I was told that they could not reimburse me. Before terminating the call I expressed my disappointment & was questioning my decision in using them.

After a few minutes Chris called me back and advised that they could only reimburse me a portion of my claim. I am yet to see any funds.

Qantas Health Insurance either don't know what they are doing or they have a corporate policy to push-back on reimbursements. Either way it's an appalling way to treat their customers, particularly, in such a competitive environment. I now have serious concerns about their ethics.

Book AgainNo

Good value and professional customer service

I did not claim anything while being with Qantas, but contacted customer support on a number of general questions and was getting expected level of professionalism.
After a while I transferred to another insurer because of attractive promotion. Qantas refunded prepaid fees without any troubles.
Had some issues with logging to online account and activating wellbeing app.

Book AgainYes

Review options carefully and probably dont switch

I spoke to John in the sales centre last weekend to initiate a policy He assured me my cover was the same as the Medibank Private policy I am leaving
This apparently is not the case – my extras cover is limited to 75% for commonly used items of preventative dental and optical and I had 100% with Medibank Private
I reside in regional Queensland – there are no nib providers here and I was not informed that 100% is only available with nib – the nearest is a Brisbane provider – 200km from Cairns
It is outrageous that this is the case and that I was given misinformation – its probably fraudulent
Despite this I have decided to keep the policy for a year and monitor costs _ to be honest this has been so stressful I can’t be bothered to change
However - based on my experience and reviews by others - I would suggest don't bother

Book AgainNo

Bonus points are a fiction.

I made the switch to Qantas Assure in March, largely influenced by possible bonus points. Today I phoned up about my expected 25,000 bonus points, only to discover that because I transferred from NIB no bonus points at all. This was not made clear to me in conversations with the Qantas Assure sales staff in March (since it was a primary interest I would have remembered any such advice), nor was it quickly evident from the web site at that time. (I see that it is in the fine print on the web site for the current bonus point offer, but do not know whether it was somewhere on the web site of the March offer.) Very disappointed since I felt I had been misled.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Customer Service Says One Thing - Delivers Another

We agreed a two month period of grace, which actually turned out to be a suspension of policy (which was not made clear, but that's another issue) starting repayments on 15th June. QANTAS took 1.7 months payment on 3rd June which we were not expecting and trying to get a refund of the amount taken several hours on the phone and has seen promises of agreed refunds not being the amount agreed nor in the timeframe promised. I have little faith that they understand their finance systems.

Customer service personnel are polite but seem ineffectual or inefficient.

Maybe you do get what you pay for?

Book AgainNo

Dont bother - not worth points

Policy value doesn't cover much but I was aware of this but shocking customer service and they will make claiming so hard despite their own mistake of not covering me whilst confirming their will be no waiting periods once I switched.
On claiming you have to speak to several people who give you information which is incorrect and make claims so difficult and almost impossible to fulfil criteria. They also done pay out claims until you keep chasing them.
I certainly do not want to be chasing them if I have had a major health issue as a basic remedial massage claim has caused me enough trouble.
Their responses are arrogant, untimely and ask for criteria which make it impossible to claim and when you phone them they apologise and are as nice as they can be without being able to help in anyway.
A traditional insurer may be more suitable than an airline company in health insurance.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

Qantas is a nightmare

i tried to ring qantas i was on hold for hours , anyone wanting to find anything out is a nightmare , nib would not help me even though they are the underwriters, so i changed to nib direct , even though qantas gives you points its not worth the nightmare ,don't do it

Book AgainNo

Poor customer service - only worth changing for the frequent flyer points

I was about to change to NIB when I realised I could get the same policy with Qantas and get a large number of frequent flyer points at the same time. However I was soon to learn that, that this is all this policy is worth, the frequent flyer points. Their customer service is appalling. I was given misleading information from the very first conversation I had with someone. I had to call up to query the payments they had taken from my account as the amount I was told I would be charged and what was actually taken from my account differed. Then when I went to make my first claim it was declined. Upon appeal it was paid - apparently an admin error. Then when I went to make the same claim again, it was declined again and this is where I realised their customer service team were completely inexperienced and out of their depth. By this point I had received my frequent flyer points so I contacted NIB and left. Who needs the stress of claims being incorrectly declined, alongside incompetent staff. Avoid this health fund unless you are joining purely for the qantas frequent flyer points.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

We changed over to Qantas Assure Health Insurance and are very happy with the service

We changed to Qantas Assure health insurance it was easy to do & good value for money, would definitely recommend to our friends and family plus the points as a bonus

Coverage TypeCouple
Book AgainYes

Overpriced

I was attracted by the potential points you could earn by switching but when I compared the costs for the same cover that I currently have, the prices were exorbitant. No thanks Qantas.

Claim MadeNo

Much higher premiums for the same cover

Qantas health insurance quote for SilverPlus Hospital cover, $500 Excess and Lifestyle Extras including my Lifestyle Loading and Govt rebate was $50 per month MORE than a written quote from NIB for the same cover! That's over $600 a year , every year. That's a lot for the points. And its even worse than this because the operator informed me that Qantas Assure is backed by NIB.

Claim MadeNo

Be aware - NO QANTAS POINTS UNTIL YOU CALL THEM!

Please be aware of the fact that you won't receive any Qantas points for you joining this health fund until you call them and ask for points transfer. Its very disappointing as you should receive points 3 months after you have joined the fund and as they say it all should happen automatically. I waited for 4 months, while nothing happened and my wife waited for 5 months and still no transfer!

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Earning Points makes health care insurance fun.

Very happy with Qantas Assure and using the well being app gives you extra Qantas Points. Signup was simple and easy - the lady on the phone was very helpful.

Insurance claim madeYes

Impossible to do a claim and nothing is actually covered

I’ve had top cover with them and it’s just a scam! Impossible to put a claim through you turn in circle for ages. All that so later on they send you a letter saying “actually we do. It cover this particular thing”

Honest, Helpful & Streamlined

I've been extremely happy with Qantas Assure. Signing up was a breeze, and the lady on the phone told me a little tip of how to get an extra 50,000 points (which came through seamlessly). Every single time I've called, I've had an extremely helpful Australian phone operator, with little to no wait time.

I made two separate claims. One of them got rejected, but that was only because I attached the wrong receipt, and they explained to me exactly what they needed to process it. Both was processed and back into my bank within 2 business days.

I adjusted my premium over the phone, and got instant confirmation and change to my policy.

If they keep this up, I will never see a reason to change to a different health fund.

Insurance claim madeYes

Don’t know what ppl are complaining about

Yes I’m happy with the policy to date.
Very easy to set up
Customer service is fine. No problems waiting to long on the phone
Claiming on line simply
Claim payment quite

Insurance claim madeYes

The Consultant Katie Sanders was amazing & went out of her way! Very caring, helpful & thorough.

Katie Sanders should be the CEO, great attention to detail & listened. As i employ 25 staff, ones like Katie are real keepers. Thanks again

Insurance claim madeNo