Qantas Assure Health Insurance

Qantas Assure Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Qantas Insurance? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (9)
Gregg
GreggSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible, same mistake time after time

Awful, constantly getting claims wrong, we have/ had a joint policy when we have something like a remedial massage one is paid the other is not, it's a battle every time, not worth using for the sake of flight points, steer clear, limits are not great or flexible either.

Failure 100%

I paid and transferred my health coverage on 27 Jan. Qantas Health promismed me that they would take care of the transfer immediately that that I wouldnt have to do anything. Today 03 March they still havent completed this. My former insurer tells me Qantas Health has FAILED to handle transfer as per guidelines. Many calls to Qantas Health has NOT fixed this. I was motivated by their promise of help. Do not trust them. They lie !!!

kleo1964
kleo1964

Cheats

I had a 80 sqm ceiling damage and the assessor made the decision in under 2 minutes to then state, 'wear and tear' Absolutely shocking, would not recommend to anyone trying to use this insurance

Michael
MichaelBraddon 2612, ACT

Deceptive and not transparent and expensive

I joined the health insurance and was told extra waiting times are waived. I discovered I was miss-informed and what I asked for in extras I didn’t receive. When I called to change it they said I have to wait 12 months. So I cancelled the whole policy and will go else where. The customer service officer when told this was not helpful at all. They don’t care. Big mistake joining this health fund.I will spread the word through the services Australia Intranet.

Girl Gone Gardening
Girl Gone GardeningRichmond-Tweed, NSW

STAY AWAY! Accessing Policy information is A NIGHTMARE

Golly gosh. Expensive - TICK. Customer Service is Crap - TICK. Website unavailable - TICK.
Seriously, the page to log into my policy 'doesn't exist'. I call the number, over 40 min wait. I use the 'chat' screen - they tell me it's my internet browser (I cleared my cashe as instructed - but a 404 Error means the page doesn't EXIST - go figure!)

It's a regular occurrence. I use to(barley) tolerate it for the points, but I can't fly for the foreseeable future - so SEE YA!

India V
India V

Go elsewhere

Covers very little despite having documentation they requested. Poor customer service. This is my first time leaving a bad review but something had to be said. Go elsewhere as they won’t reimburse

Poor service

Poor value for money
Poor customer service
Expensive
Covers very little
Claims are minimal even though I pay $445 per month
When calling they won’t offer info snd direct you to the hospital yet it’s clear they simply don’t want to answer

Super Funds Awards 2022!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Josh
JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute crap.

I left the company for a better offer, 2 pending claims were since rejected (when all other claims before went through previously fine), Now I am unable to login to my account to resubmit the claim. called them twice the first time i was on hold for 20 minutes while the operator was checking the previous claims, at the end of the wait I was hung up on, called again, and I am now expected to print out a form, go back to the dentist and get another receipt, and post the claims. how ridiculous the claims cannot at least be emailed.

stay away. most difficult insurance company I have dealt with.

Matty J.
Matty J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bronze/Basic cover doesn't cover childbirth

Kirsty
Kirsty

Terrible!!! Avoid at all costs!

This company took random debits from my account, without my knowledge or authorization, consistently for months until I cancelled my membership, at which point they took another debit out after my policy was already closed, after advising my on the phone that I was going to be receiving a credit and assuring no more debits would happen. I have had to go to the Commonwealth Ombudsman twice about them. Disgraceful.

Kassandra A.
Kassandra A.Sydney, NSW

The worst! I wish I could rate 0 stars

Policy coverage is terrible.
Left extremely out of pocket on a claim despite calling twice before procedure to be told I would be covered. I had to pay for everything up front and, for example, one component of my procedure was $1200 - I received $56 from Qantas / Nib.
I was also told that I could lodge all forms with Qantas and they would lodge requisite forms with Medicare. I received two rejection notifications for additional forms that were required, despite lodging all forms I was told to lodge. I called again to query what else was needed and then informed that I had to lodge with Medicare first despite being told by Qantas/Nib otherwise (and the Medicare forms stating otherwise).
Have now switched health funds. Never again.

Disappointed
DisappointedSydney, NSW

Used to be good but service now is pathetic

Called 4 times re finding out about claiming a medical device on my top extras policy. Was given different information 2 to 3 times. Bought product based on information provided on last call. Bought device, sent claim in and they rejected it. One call was on hold 25 mins before hanging up. Useless.

Claim Made Yes

Ted56
Ted56Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Avoid this insurance

I was with another provider and switced to Qantas...boy it was a big mistake.

My claim still have not been paid after 9days. Called them always being put on hold n still not resolved. They said my case has been assigned to a case manager n they will call me back in 24 hours. No one did. I still don't know what will happen to my claim.

AVOID this insurance.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would give 0 if possible for their hospital cover

Avoid this provider

After being with this provide for years and upgrading to a higher cover I served a two month waiting period for a vasectomy as stated in product disclosure. They determined that the vasectomy was a pre existing illness and determined that the wait period was 12months contrary to what is stated within the disclosure. Pre existing on the basis I never wanted children and not only were they not going to cover procedure but also the hospital visit. Seems to me that this company wants to take all the premiums running into the thousands mind you and under deliver on its products. I would recommend seeking an alternative to health insurance as I have done. Shame on you Qantas Assure you should have your licence revoked