Qantas Assure Health Insurance

Qantas Assure Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worth the money

I've been using these guys for 6 months and haven't had an issue. Easy to claim both online and through HICAPS, website shows how much you've claimed and how much is remaining. I went from hosp/extras to just extras with no issues - costumer service was a little slow but got the issue resolved and confirmation email confirming. Everyone always comments on how much I get back.

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Under 30Yes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Nothing is working

First time at the dentist had to ring them as card wouldn't activate, they had to cancel the card and send me a replacement, again after contacting them I couldn't even get into the website, rang again "Oh your number hasn't been linked to your card" Tried again this morning and I can get so far then the site is down or whatever. Very frustrating, paying the same as we did with HBF but a none of this drama.

Under 30No

Go elsewhere!

Qantas health insurance has been nothing but an absolute nightmare to deal with.

The customer service is non-existent. I have been back and forth for over a month in regards to an inquiry and have had several different team members give me different information.

Save your money and time and go elsewhere!

Claim DateAugust 2019
Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Don't want to help

Try to locate a reward gift. I have been in contact with the customer service via chat and phone. I can't get a simple answer on my question. Chat does provide me with different answer and say they will touch base within a time frame which they don't. Phone calls drop out after been put on hold already 2 times out of 3.

Wish I never went with this company.

Tristan

TristanMelbourne

Misleading and deceptive regarding transfer certificates and dental coverage as well as orthotics coverage

Lisa

LisaPerth, WA

Highly recommend Qantas assure.

We have with Qantas assure for over a year now.
I had a operation and a procedure done within the first year, they paid for it since it wasn't pre existing.
Claiming has never been a problem and get paid quickly.
Everyone I have spoke to on the the ph has always been very helpful and polite.
We received 80,000 qantas frequent flyer points for joining, these were loaded automatically a couple of months after we started the policy.

Coverage TypeCouple
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Deb

DebSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great

I changed because of the points.. pd $500 excess for day surgery all good no dramas dental claims easy staff always polite.Can't see why others have had poor experience love the well being app fun plus points

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

"Assure"......this insurance company assures you zero!

20 years i have been paying for private health cover. Last 2 years we switched to this insurance company and i would not recommend them. They all say they care......you are a number and only a number. I decided to leave because of they way Qantas Assure went about my situation, no effort to keep me on as a customer.........though if i was not just a number they would have looked into our file/records or even notes on system and called to ensure we stay on as a customers. "Assure"......they assure you zero!

Chickie

ChickieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't!

Viktor

ViktorSydney, NSW

Good value and professional customer service

I did not claim anything while being with Qantas, but contacted customer support on a number of general questions and was getting expected level of professionalism.
After a while I transferred to another insurer because of attractive promotion. Qantas refunded prepaid fees without any troubles.
Had some issues with logging to online account and activating wellbeing app.

Would Book AgainYes

JWL

JWL

Review options carefully and probably dont switch

Chris

Chris

Bonus points are a fiction.

I made the switch to Qantas Assure in March, largely influenced by possible bonus points. Today I phoned up about my expected 25,000 bonus points, only to discover that because I transferred from NIB no bonus points at all. This was not made clear to me in conversations with the Qantas Assure sales staff in March (since it was a primary interest I would have remembered any such advice), nor was it quickly evident from the web site at that time. (I see that it is in the fine print on the web site for the current bonus point offer, but do not know whether it was somewhere on the web site of the March offer.) Very disappointed since I felt I had been misled.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Ged

GedSouthwest, VIC

Customer Service Says One Thing - Delivers Another

We agreed a two month period of grace, which actually turned out to be a suspension of policy (which was not made clear, but that's another issue) starting repayments on 15th June. QANTAS took 1.7 months payment on 3rd June which we were not expecting and trying to get a refund of the amount taken several hours on the phone and has seen promises of agreed refunds not being the amount agreed nor in the timeframe promised. I have little faith that they understand their finance systems.

Customer service personnel are polite but seem ineffectual or inefficient.

Maybe you do get what you pay for?

Sal

SalPerth, WA

Dont bother - not worth points

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

Qantas is a nightmare

i tried to ring qantas i was on hold for hours , anyone wanting to find anything out is a nightmare , nib would not help me even though they are the underwriters, so i changed to nib direct , even though qantas gives you points its not worth the nightmare ,don't do it

SBASydney

Poor customer service - only worth changing for the frequent flyer points

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

We changed over to Qantas Assure Health Insurance and are very happy with the service

We changed to Qantas Assure health insurance it was easy to do & good value for money, would definitely recommend to our friends and family plus the points as a bonus

Coverage TypeCouple
Would Book AgainYes

Brett D.

Brett D.South East Queensland, QLD

Overpriced

I was attracted by the potential points you could earn by switching but when I compared the costs for the same cover that I currently have, the prices were exorbitant. No thanks Qantas.

Claim MadeNo

Much higher premiums for the same cover

Qantas health insurance quote for SilverPlus Hospital cover, $500 Excess and Lifestyle Extras including my Lifestyle Loading and Govt rebate was $50 per month MORE than a written quote from NIB for the same cover! That's over $600 a year , every year. That's a lot for the points. And its even worse than this because the operator informed me that Qantas Assure is backed by NIB.

Denis

DenisSydney, NSW

Be aware - NO QANTAS POINTS UNTIL YOU CALL THEM!

Please be aware of the fact that you won't receive any Qantas points for you joining this health fund until you call them and ask for points transfer. Its very disappointing as you should receive points 3 months after you have joined the fund and as they say it all should happen automatically. I waited for 4 months, while nothing happened and my wife waited for 5 months and still no transfer!

Claim DateJanuary 2019