QBD

QBD

3.1

Beware of loyalty program!

Loyalty program not what I would call good value. $40 to join with $40 of online vouchers advertised. You recieve 4x$10 vouchers minimum spend $50 per voucher. Not good value $200 minimum spend.

Store LocationTweed City
Nessie1203

Nessie1203Sydney, NSW

Excellent Customer Service

I recently had a problem with my order. The product itself was of good quality and a good price delivered in a timely manner.
The customer service provided by Tegan and the store was exceptional. She took the time to address what my problem was, she was supportive of my issue, and tried to come to a satisfactory resolution. Tegan seemed to genuinely want to help me - a quality lacking in many customer service providers! I have complete faith in QBD and would happily deal with them again.
Vanessa

Karla

KarlaCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Very disappointed

Ordered a book on line for a birthday present. Site stated clearly that it would leave the warehouse in 2 business days. Great, it will arrive in time! Today I got a message that it would take 5 to 8 business days for them to get it from their supplier. While technically they werent lying they were concealing the truth untill after I made the purchase. I will not order from this dishonest company again!

Reader

ReaderRockhampton

Brilliant customer service

I wrote a review about QBD a little while ago and it was not good and at the time it was for good reason.It was terrible,everything about it was negative.However credit where credit is due and things have changed at least at our local store anyway. The main staff members seem to be constant and are well informed and actually read books.Always a plus if the staff of a bookstore like reading.The staff are also friendly and actually know us and will wave to us as we walk past on the rare occasions that we do not actually go into the store.I hope it is the same at all stores, that all avid readers and customers of QBD get to experience the same great customer service as we do.Well done QBD.

Truthsayer

TruthsayerIllawarra, NSW

Went out of thgeir way to resolve problem

Not the first time a book has been advertised being no where in the actual stores' system, so whose fault is that, I don't know...store manager, head office???
But I can tell you, those working there, (I have many, many books but dealing with what the shop can hold, is huge...some taking up the aisles, some in disrepair due to careless fingers so now discounted, and always a bargain to be found), really went the full distance in getting the book in from another store only days later, being very apologetic in the process.
Well done the assistants.

Store Locationwollongong
furious

furious

1 month later and still no books

Store Locationonline

Falsely advertises books in stock through online store

Store LocationQBD Online
Shannon

ShannonSydney, NSW

Do not purchase online

They claim to have items in stock but this is false and fraudulent.

They take your money first before advising when items are out of stock

Please do not buy from here

Other Book Shops
Jess

Jess

Do NOT trust them

I placed an online order on 27 March for five items that were all in stock. After following up twice, I eventually received an email two weeks later to say they were out of stock and I could wait and have first pick in May when they got another shipment. That obviously wasn’t good enough enough and I requested my money back. I was told it would be back in my account in 24 hours - 1 week later and I’m still waiting. Currently with PayPal for resolution. Taking money and not delivering on a service is stealing QBD.

Store LocationOnline order

John

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Avoid QBD online purchasing - QBD doesn't value their customers.

Store LocationQBD online Bookshop
Tarzi

TarziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible! On every level!

I did an online order and received confirmation of order email. 15 days later after emailing them 3 times regarding delivery, and not receiving replies, they finally advise that my ordered items were out of stock. Requested refund as I am not waiting til May when the next shipment of goods will arrive. Now still waiting for a reply and refund to my forth email. Arghh...pathetic..it I could give them 0 stars, they'd get it from me. Can't believe this business is even operational.

Apple

AppleBrisbane

2 weeks and they haven't even shipped "in stock" order out. Now resolved

wondering if they are in liquidation or adminstration. no reason for them to sit on 2 orders both "instock" and fully paid for for over 2 weeks - No contact back via phone, emails, website contact forms or social media. Poor contact for 2 weeks but their social media acted fairly quickly once I made it public. Resolved now

Store Locationonline
Steve.B

Steve.BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great

Great customer service, fantastic product selection. I highly recommend. always manage to find the books we are looking for and order them in in no time. wouldn't shop anywhere else.

Megancameron

MegancameronGoulburn Valley, VIC

knowledgeable staff

Every one of these book stores I’ve been too have genuine readers employed, they can help you find any sort of book that may spark your interest. I was recently recommend the call of the wild and loved it . It helped that the staff member was able to give me information on the book and not spoil anything. I would recommend this chain of book stores.

Store LocationLavington
Delrus

DelrusPeel, WA

Really Dissapointed (Online Order)

SarahBear

SarahBearGold Coast

Ordered books from a series

Ordered 4 books from a japanese manga series that my daughter loves. Looked at loads of different websites for the same books. All the others had a 3-4 week waiting period for dispatch, this was early December. QBD had all books in stock. Free shipping and were delivered the next day. Very happy customer.

candywicks

candywicksSydney, NSW

Pre-ordering is pointless

I pre-ordered a book one week before it was scheduled to be released. It has been 3 weeks since it has officially been released and it still has not even been shipped out. The date of shipment was changed twice and then finally ended with a 'we dont know when it will be shipped'.
I gave it an extra week and it has now been a full month since i placed the order.
I may as well have waited instead of pre-ordering.
Order has been cancelled and refunded as I am convinced that it will never arrive. Will be ordering from somewhere else.

Adrienne

Adrienne

My favorite store!

I love qbd bookshop! I buy all my books from there, I find they have a vast selection and I can always rely on the staff to be extremely helpful, insightful and friendly.

Store LocationBelmont
Cliff P

Cliff PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent On-line Service

Ordered books Wednesday night. Dispatched Thursday. Received Friday. Books were already on sale but I received a further discount for a bulk purchase of 4 books (my wife and daughters are all receiving the same fabulous book for Christmas)

Store LocationOn Line
Benny

BennySydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware buying electronic gift vouchers on weekend

Bought a electronic gift voucher on Saturday morning and voucher not received until Monday morning. No phone support on weekends to question why it had not been issued. There should be a warning posted about this on their website