QBD

QBD

Paul R.

Paul R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid avoid avoid at all costs

I ordered a book and paid for delivery as I am in Victoria and was under the impression that the books would be sent from Queensland. Turns out the book was sent from Knox City which is 9.8km away. The delivery company they use, Couriers Please sent me an email saying that it would take them more than a week to travel 9.8km - a distance I can walk in two hours or drive in 11 minutes. Suggest you avoid this bookshop at all costs and order from Book Depository as it is faster to get items from 12,000km rather than 10km away - Use this company at your own peril

Store LocationKNOX CITY

Will never shop online at this store again

Melissa

MelissaSydney, NSW

So slow and didn't respond to my email

It has taken over a week for QBD online to dispatch my order. Because of this I won't be getting my order on time for Christmas. They didn't even bother responding to my email.

Lauren.as

Lauren.asGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never received any of the books I ordered

Shocking. ordered 2 books. They contacted me to say one of the books would be available after Christmas, I said I was happy to wait but asked if they could ship the other book I ordered, they told me "no, our system doesn't allow that" even though I stated it was a Christmas present. Now one week out from Christmas they cancelled my order because their supplier couldn't tell them when stock was available for one of the books so they refunded both books without sending the other one that was in stock. Will not be buying from QBD books online ever again, what an absolute mess!!!

malhoney

malhoneyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lovely!

I have always gone to QBD and i love the books! It was so hard to choose a book! But one time when i went i asked the cashier for a bag and he didn't give me one. I didn't wanna sound rude is i just left and had to carry the books myself without any help. I have never experienced this at any store. please ask your cashiers to listen a bit more. Other than that i definetly recommend this store!

Store LocationChadstone

Beware of loyalty program!

Loyalty program not what I would call good value. $40 to join with $40 of online vouchers advertised. You recieve 4x$10 vouchers minimum spend $50 per voucher. Not good value $200 minimum spend.

Store LocationTweed City
Nessie1203

Nessie1203Sydney, NSW

Excellent Customer Service

I recently had a problem with my order. The product itself was of good quality and a good price delivered in a timely manner.
The customer service provided by Tegan and the store was exceptional. She took the time to address what my problem was, she was supportive of my issue, and tried to come to a satisfactory resolution. Tegan seemed to genuinely want to help me - a quality lacking in many customer service providers! I have complete faith in QBD and would happily deal with them again.
Vanessa

Karla

KarlaCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Very disappointed

Ordered a book on line for a birthday present. Site stated clearly that it would leave the warehouse in 2 business days. Great, it will arrive in time! Today I got a message that it would take 5 to 8 business days for them to get it from their supplier. While technically they werent lying they were concealing the truth untill after I made the purchase. I will not order from this dishonest company again!

Reader

ReaderRockhampton

Brilliant customer service

I wrote a review about QBD a little while ago and it was not good and at the time it was for good reason.It was terrible,everything about it was negative.However credit where credit is due and things have changed at least at our local store anyway. The main staff members seem to be constant and are well informed and actually read books.Always a plus if the staff of a bookstore like reading.The staff are also friendly and actually know us and will wave to us as we walk past on the rare occasions that we do not actually go into the store.I hope it is the same at all stores, that all avid readers and customers of QBD get to experience the same great customer service as we do.Well done QBD.

Truthsayer

TruthsayerIllawarra, NSW

Went out of thgeir way to resolve problem

Not the first time a book has been advertised being no where in the actual stores' system, so whose fault is that, I don't know...store manager, head office???
But I can tell you, those working there, (I have many, many books but dealing with what the shop can hold, is huge...some taking up the aisles, some in disrepair due to careless fingers so now discounted, and always a bargain to be found), really went the full distance in getting the book in from another store only days later, being very apologetic in the process.
Well done the assistants.

Store Locationwollongong
furious

furious

1 month later and still no books

Store Locationonline

Falsely advertises books in stock through online store

Store LocationQBD Online
Shannon

ShannonSydney, NSW

Do not purchase online

They claim to have items in stock but this is false and fraudulent.

They take your money first before advising when items are out of stock

Please do not buy from here

Jess

Jess

Do NOT trust them

I placed an online order on 27 March for five items that were all in stock. After following up twice, I eventually received an email two weeks later to say they were out of stock and I could wait and have first pick in May when they got another shipment. That obviously wasn’t good enough enough and I requested my money back. I was told it would be back in my account in 24 hours - 1 week later and I’m still waiting. Currently with PayPal for resolution. Taking money and not delivering on a service is stealing QBD.

Store LocationOnline order
John

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Avoid QBD online purchasing - QBD doesn't value their customers.

Store LocationQBD online Bookshop

Tarzi

TarziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible! On every level!

I did an online order and received confirmation of order email. 15 days later after emailing them 3 times regarding delivery, and not receiving replies, they finally advise that my ordered items were out of stock. Requested refund as I am not waiting til May when the next shipment of goods will arrive. Now still waiting for a reply and refund to my forth email. Arghh...pathetic..it I could give them 0 stars, they'd get it from me. Can't believe this business is even operational.

Apple

AppleBrisbane

2 weeks and they haven't even shipped "in stock" order out. Now resolved

wondering if they are in liquidation or adminstration. no reason for them to sit on 2 orders both "instock" and fully paid for for over 2 weeks - No contact back via phone, emails, website contact forms or social media. Poor contact for 2 weeks but their social media acted fairly quickly once I made it public. Resolved now

Store Locationonline
Steve.B

Steve.BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great

Great customer service, fantastic product selection. I highly recommend. always manage to find the books we are looking for and order them in in no time. wouldn't shop anywhere else.

Megancameron

MegancameronGoulburn Valley, VIC

knowledgeable staff

Every one of these book stores I’ve been too have genuine readers employed, they can help you find any sort of book that may spark your interest. I was recently recommend the call of the wild and loved it . It helped that the staff member was able to give me information on the book and not spoil anything. I would recommend this chain of book stores.

Store LocationLavington
Delrus

DelrusPeel, WA

Really Dissapointed (Online Order)