QBD

QBD

See the Best Book Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cliff P

Cliff PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent On-line Service

Ordered books Wednesday night. Dispatched Thursday. Received Friday. Books were already on sale but I received a further discount for a bulk purchase of 4 books (my wife and daughters are all receiving the same fabulous book for Christmas)

Store LocationOn Line

Benny

BennySydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware buying electronic gift vouchers on weekend

Bought a electronic gift voucher on Saturday morning and voucher not received until Monday morning. No phone support on weekends to question why it had not been issued. There should be a warning posted about this on their website

Store LocationOnline
Lis

LisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Plenty Valley and Epping stores

Compared to other stores these two are more friendly and approachable. I have found staff more than happy to help and go out of the way to help. The stores aren’t dark and prefer to see what I am looking for. I have read a lot of books and each time I need a specific type of book or need a hand finding or ordering it, no problem.

Also anyone looking for a comfortable way to read in bed or on the couch check out THE BOOK SEAT best purchase ever! Worth every cent.

Store LocationPlenty Valley and Epping
Jas

JasSouthwest, VIC

fine by me

Store LocationGeelong Westfield

Nightingale

Nightingale

Good Books

Love grabbing a bargain at QBD, great range and prices and the staff are friendly and helpful. I wanted a particular book and the lady printed the books with pricing and asked me to call back with details of the one I wanted to order.

Store LocationRingwood Eastland

James Shellshear

James ShellshearIllawarra, NSW

Great!!

I've purchased a number of books from these guys either online or from their Hornsby Westfield store. The people in Hornsby are unbelievably helpful - makes a huge change from much customer service these days. The shipping is very reasonable for books they don't have in store. As a school teacher who often requires books relatively quickly, they're a dream to deal with. They also have a wonderful collection of history books for history buffs.

Store LocationHornsby

Katherine

KatherineSydney, NSW

Health hazard books

Bought a shrink wrapped book set at Hornsby store. Attempted to return shrink wrapped book because it had mold in the pages on opening and they refused claiming it wasn’t their problem since I already bought the book.
I was a loyal shopper and now will never go back.

Store LocationHornsby

rusty

rustySydney Surrounds, NSW

could not care about loyal shoppers

My self and our book club have been buying books from qbd for more than 20 years books were good prices books have always arrived on time plus well packed and quick service. Tried to use the new zip pay and was refused 3 times, sent e mail it should not have happened looked on google for book store we found booktopia placed 3 separate orders books arrived next day well packed and on the 3 times payed with afterpay no problem guess we we now use so much for store loyality!

Store Locationon line store

Voucher purchased on weekend...

Didn't arrive until next business day! (they don't work weekends apparently, but have stores open on weekends according to Google)
Postal address added for online purchase was altered by QBD, for no logical reason. Details were removed from postal address.
First and last impressions left a lot to be desired! Will not bother with them again!

Susidawn

Susidawn

Avid reader

I love getting my books in the mail as I’m no longer able to shop in person but am very disappointed that I cannot get the discount on line that I would get in store if were able get there

Delighted customer

The pleasant and well presented installation team explained what they were doing before working diligently and with attention to detail. Opening and locking procedures were explained and everything looks great.

Pushy

When did it get so hard to buy a book? I just wanted a peaceful experience and to browse and purchase the book I came in for. This is not what I received. No I don’t want a $20+ book of the month that I have no interest in, or a $50 gold card upgrade (seriously what?), or a 10 cent bag, or some other up selling vouchers. I just want my book. I understand your head office must be pushing staff to upsell but honestly it’s embarrassing and makes your customers feel harassed. I prefer a more personalised approach, therefore I won’t be shopping here anymore.

tlcdcncc

tlcdcnccSydney, NSW

Very helpful

Very helpful at the Miranda store, my daughter knew the part name of a book she was after, the young gentleman went off and came back with the two books in the duology. The prices are good and the store has a great selection of books

Store LocationMiranda

Susie

SusiePerth, WA

Great Customer Service

Yesterday I visited QBD Belmont Forum. I want management to be aware of one of there staff Linda - Linda went out of her way to find me a book that was on the computer as 1 copy in store - She checked if it had been put in the wrong place and so on and eventually found it for me . Best customer service and should be acknowledged by QBD as an asset to there store . I also work in customer service and know what a hard and sometimes unrewarding job it can be. So to be see someone go out of there way in there job was an absolute delight . Go Linda you're a Rock Star :)

Book never arrived

I ordered a book on 27/11/2018 as a Christmas present. I contacted the store on 13/12/2018 following up on the order as it was not received nor did I got an update about its status. Their customer service representative advised me that the order was delivered on 27/11/2018. I went back and forth with her, saying I don't have the book and she continued to advise that it was delivered.
Then they just stopped responding to my email, I ask placed a complaint online and contacted them daily with no response.
I will be claiming a refund with zippay and never ordering from this store again.

TOTALLY AWESOME!

TOTALLY AWESOME!! one of the workers at westfield garden city-i think his name was alex. Was really nice and helpful to me when i was writing my business assignement! THANKS ALEX xx

Amazing help

One of your workers Alison was so helpful in your Blacktown store, she was nice and pleasant and helped me with all my questions, she pointed me in the direction of the books I was itnrested in and helped me sign up for loyalty card

Good service - something hard to come by in our modern day era

QBD book shop is a go to for me. They have have most of he books I want to buy and when I was having trouble finding a book, a staff member took it upon herself to look up the book on the website and take me directly to where the book was located. She was friendly and you could tell she was well trained and familiar with the book store. I've been really happy with the quality of the service and books in general. QBD is a bookstore I would keep going to again and again. I would highly recommend it!

Shay K

Shay KToowoomba

Helpful customer service!

I purchased a few books during a big sale and qbd notified me that my credit card would not be charged until the order was ready to ship. This was good because several books became out of stock and were removed from the order. They still have me my free shipping though and when one book didn't arrive I contacted them by phone and within minutes the issue was resolved. The customer service officer was very polite and helpful. Despite issues it was a positive experience.

Rethink your packaging for online orders

Received my online order today and the box was filled with packing peanuts. I haven’t seen these in years, I thought companies had evolved. Packing peanuts are not recyclable or biodegradable! There are so many other options. I won’t be shopping online with you guys any more for this reason.