QBD

QBD

Megancameron

MegancameronGoulburn Valley, VIC

knowledgeable staff

Every one of these book stores I’ve been too have genuine readers employed, they can help you find any sort of book that may spark your interest. I was recently recommend the call of the wild and loved it . It helped that the staff member was able to give me information on the book and not spoil anything. I would recommend this chain of book stores.

Store LocationLavington
Delrus

DelrusPeel, WA

Really Dissapointed (Online Order)

Store LocationOnline
SarahBear

SarahBearGold Coast

Ordered books from a series

Ordered 4 books from a japanese manga series that my daughter loves. Looked at loads of different websites for the same books. All the others had a 3-4 week waiting period for dispatch, this was early December. QBD had all books in stock. Free shipping and were delivered the next day. Very happy customer.

candywicks

candywicksSydney, NSW

Pre-ordering is pointless

I pre-ordered a book one week before it was scheduled to be released. It has been 3 weeks since it has officially been released and it still has not even been shipped out. The date of shipment was changed twice and then finally ended with a 'we dont know when it will be shipped'.
I gave it an extra week and it has now been a full month since i placed the order.
I may as well have waited instead of pre-ordering.
Order has been cancelled and refunded as I am convinced that it will never arrive. Will be ordering from somewhere else.

Adrienne

Adrienne

My favorite store!

I love qbd bookshop! I buy all my books from there, I find they have a vast selection and I can always rely on the staff to be extremely helpful, insightful and friendly.

Store LocationBelmont
Cliff P

Cliff PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent On-line Service

Ordered books Wednesday night. Dispatched Thursday. Received Friday. Books were already on sale but I received a further discount for a bulk purchase of 4 books (my wife and daughters are all receiving the same fabulous book for Christmas)

Store LocationOn Line
Benny

BennySydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware buying electronic gift vouchers on weekend

Bought a electronic gift voucher on Saturday morning and voucher not received until Monday morning. No phone support on weekends to question why it had not been issued. There should be a warning posted about this on their website

Store LocationOnline
Lis

LisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Plenty Valley and Epping stores

Compared to other stores these two are more friendly and approachable. I have found staff more than happy to help and go out of the way to help. The stores aren’t dark and prefer to see what I am looking for. I have read a lot of books and each time I need a specific type of book or need a hand finding or ordering it, no problem.

Also anyone looking for a comfortable way to read in bed or on the couch check out THE BOOK SEAT best purchase ever! Worth every cent.

Store LocationPlenty Valley and Epping

Store LocationGeelong Westfield

Nightingale

Nightingale

Good Books

Love grabbing a bargain at QBD, great range and prices and the staff are friendly and helpful. I wanted a particular book and the lady printed the books with pricing and asked me to call back with details of the one I wanted to order.

Store LocationRingwood Eastland
James Shellshear

James ShellshearIllawarra, NSW

Great!!

I've purchased a number of books from these guys either online or from their Hornsby Westfield store. The people in Hornsby are unbelievably helpful - makes a huge change from much customer service these days. The shipping is very reasonable for books they don't have in store. As a school teacher who often requires books relatively quickly, they're a dream to deal with. They also have a wonderful collection of history books for history buffs.

Store LocationHornsby
Katherine

KatherineSydney, NSW

Health hazard books

Bought a shrink wrapped book set at Hornsby store. Attempted to return shrink wrapped book because it had mold in the pages on opening and they refused claiming it wasn’t their problem since I already bought the book.
I was a loyal shopper and now will never go back.

Store LocationHornsby
rusty

rustySydney Surrounds, NSW

could not care about loyal shoppers

My self and our book club have been buying books from qbd for more than 20 years books were good prices books have always arrived on time plus well packed and quick service. Tried to use the new zip pay and was refused 3 times, sent e mail it should not have happened looked on google for book store we found booktopia placed 3 separate orders books arrived next day well packed and on the 3 times payed with afterpay no problem guess we we now use so much for store loyality!

Store Locationon line store

Voucher purchased on weekend...

Didn't arrive until next business day! (they don't work weekends apparently, but have stores open on weekends according to Google)
Postal address added for online purchase was altered by QBD, for no logical reason. Details were removed from postal address.
First and last impressions left a lot to be desired! Will not bother with them again!

Susidawn

Susidawn

Avid reader

I love getting my books in the mail as I’m no longer able to shop in person but am very disappointed that I cannot get the discount on line that I would get in store if were able get there

Delighted customer

The pleasant and well presented installation team explained what they were doing before working diligently and with attention to detail. Opening and locking procedures were explained and everything looks great.

Pushy

When did it get so hard to buy a book? I just wanted a peaceful experience and to browse and purchase the book I came in for. This is not what I received. No I don’t want a $20+ book of the month that I have no interest in, or a $50 gold card upgrade (seriously what?), or a 10 cent bag, or some other up selling vouchers. I just want my book. I understand your head office must be pushing staff to upsell but honestly it’s embarrassing and makes your customers feel harassed. I prefer a more personalised approach, therefore I won’t be shopping here anymore.

tlcdcncc

tlcdcnccSydney, NSW

Very helpful

Very helpful at the Miranda store, my daughter knew the part name of a book she was after, the young gentleman went off and came back with the two books in the duology. The prices are good and the store has a great selection of books

Store LocationMiranda
Susie

SusiePerth, WA

Great Customer Service

Yesterday I visited QBD Belmont Forum. I want management to be aware of one of there staff Linda - Linda went out of her way to find me a book that was on the computer as 1 copy in store - She checked if it had been put in the wrong place and so on and eventually found it for me . Best customer service and should be acknowledged by QBD as an asset to there store . I also work in customer service and know what a hard and sometimes unrewarding job it can be. So to be see someone go out of there way in there job was an absolute delight . Go Linda you're a Rock Star :)

Book never arrived

I ordered a book on 27/11/2018 as a Christmas present. I contacted the store on 13/12/2018 following up on the order as it was not received nor did I got an update about its status. Their customer service representative advised me that the order was delivered on 27/11/2018. I went back and forth with her, saying I don't have the book and she continued to advise that it was delivered.
Then they just stopped responding to my email, I ask placed a complaint online and contacted them daily with no response.
I will be claiming a refund with zippay and never ordering from this store again.