RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

Malicious damage - landlord insurance

Cannot thank RAC enough for their help and prompt service in assessing and settling a claim for malicious damage to our rental home. Boris was so efficient and kept us updated as the claim was being processed. All was settled within 3 days - so glad we took Landlord Insurance. Thank you RAC, keep up the great work.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes

Poor disclosure of policy limitations.

RAC Insurance fail to meet the expectations of their policy holders because they do not disclose the limitations of their product when issuing policies. They are aware of this fact but do not bother to change. This not only reflects badly on the CEO but also on the good standing of the RAC.

Claim MadeYes
Claim DateMarch 2016

Dont waste your time and future stress

We have been with rac gold members for 30yrs....We have the highest cover as requested by myself. But apparently that means nothing when you try and make yr first claim, a very large mirror fell of the wall during the night it damaged my dinning table skirting, floor, wall and of course the 900 x 1500 mirror was a write off. I was told it was a matinance issue not covered even though it wasn't the install being the problem, who .....pulls down mirrors to see if anything is wrong ??? I'm so disappointed and fed up didn't expect that from rac.....

Claim MadeNo

Damage to solar hot water system

Damage to solar hot water system from neighbors lawn mower .
RAC approved assessor came out verified claim .
3 weeks later get a call from rac saying sorry we don't cover accidental damage to hot water system because its obsolete and we would have to replace it completely. ( isnt that the meaning of new for old ?)
Time to find a new insurance company.

Insurance claim madeYes

The worst insurance company ever

I have been with this insurance cover for as long as I can remember. For the last eight years I have paid over $6000 and have made one claim a broken fence. This time years later trying to get a broken front window fixed have so far waited from 1.00 pm and is now 8.45 pm and still waiting. What a joke they won't be getting any more from me.

Insurance claim madeYes

Different story every time.

Every time I have called, an operator will give me a different story on whats covered, tried to make a claim after four years and got rejected after receiving false information from an operator. My cars are insured with them too so I will be changing them all, cant be trusted.

RAC Landlord Insurance? - not unless you don't wish to make a claim

Been with RAC for too long. However, it will not have my extended business and policies any further. Hideously bad a managing its policies and claims. Can't even interpret simple and definable terms under it's PDS. Unfortunately it's just a poorly managed company, which is a shame because it use to have a reasonable reputation. It's landlord property insurance, car insurance, and roadside assistance programs are antiquated and there are far better policies out there for cheaper or comparable premiums. Don't go near this company.

Very happy

Recently made a claim assessor was quick job was carried out by local Very happy with repair Thank you RAC I have been with RAC for several years

Very Good Service

Just joined them first time 2 months ago for home and contents insurance. The pricing was extremely competetive. Real reason was the the heaps of discounts on many items as an added member especially fuel discount which comes in handy with skyrocketing fuel prices.

Apology from RAC

I recently wrote a review on RAC, they made the process of claiming storm damage on my fence a real night mare. They have since apologised for this. However, if you buy insurance from RAC WA, ask when you purchase the product if their is a hold on the policy - this is their language not mine. In all the years I have been with the RAC this is only the second time they have made it hard to process a claim. Overall I am happy with them. We just have to remember to read the fine print. Been with RAC with this policy three months. But I have in total 7 policies with them, for over 25 years. Gold card member, and have over the years made claims without this kind of stress.

Storm Warning Failure

Why does RAC send out storm warnings? Hmmm, to let you know that a storm is coming and could cause damage I would think. 4th of July 2018 and RAC is sending out storm warnings. That night I'm in my kitchen washing dishes with hot water when the storm begins. 4:45am Tuesday morning I step into an icy cold shower with no hot water. I can also hear a loud buzzing noise from the control panel for the air-conditioner, and the lights don't work on half the house. The storm has damaged our solar hot water systems rendering it obsolete. It also wrecked two panels on the roof for the air-con. And in the process, created an electrical fault. With two little kids in the house we really needed some help to get hot water and fix things, but of course you have to rely on RAC to figure it out. And with all the processes (so poorly done and lack of communication) we waited nearly 4 days before we had hot water.

And of course you would think that with a storm damaging our house that this is clear cut and they would repair the damage right? ha ha . No, from 3 different people I was told that it was a "coincidence", yes "coincidence" that our hot water system failed, and air-conditioner broke on the same night as the storm. I'm not kidding you. That was their words. Four (4) phone calls to three different people and they kept hiding behind policies and reading from scripts. Everything recorded so they can create better scripts for the next time - always creating ways to get out of paying for damage.

Now let's be fair here. The solar hot water system was old and wearing according to reports. And the storm damage was the final straw so to speak ... But it was working at 9pm and broken at 4:45am ... Coincidence? Come on. I didn't ask them to cover the full costs ... just help us out as the expense was $3500. Would $500 or $1000 be fair? They paid ZERO. I got slapped with clause after clause after clause.

The panels for the air-conditioner of the roof? they finally accepted liability and covered that cost. But get this, they said it was "coincidence" that my control panel at the front of the house was damaged at the same time and had nothing to do with the storm. For 3-4 weeks we had to literally shut off the power to that side of the house so the loud buzzing would stop at night and we could sleep. Prior to the storm, no problems at all with the air-conditioner. Working perfectly. And now? But of course that had nothing to do with the storm. And of course the panels getting destroyed didn't impact on the control panel at all. ha ha

Has anyone else reviewed the Google Reviews for RAC? Wow RAC, are you not embarrassed by the fact that more than 70% of your reviews are Terrible (28), Bad (5) or Ok (5)??? I mean that is really shocking. And yet the negative reviews just keep pouring in. Cultural problem at RAC? What is your connection to the community of Western Australia? What is your obligation to help families who are insured? My opinion is that you do have a cultural problem and are lacking in core values, you have lost connection with the people of Western Australia and your PRIMARY focus is on making money (at all cost) without regard for the families and community who support you. Very sad.

Worst insurance cover

I am so disillusioned by RAC insurance as it seems that you pay premiums and yet every time you need to make a claim yet again it’s not covered. They appear only to cover acts of god, once you prove he does exist. Our gas hot water system needs to be replaced due to a fault causing fire to damage to the interior of the tank however it’s not one of the 12 things covered which does include fire but does not cover hot water systems. The system is 4 years old, I then called SGIO and Alliance both of whom advised me that the replacement would be covered. Up your game RAC you are no longer competeive will be cancelling my policy as soon as I can.

Amazing service-thank you-RAC

I had a plumbing issue and was told by a plumber from a well known company that the pipe was not fixable and he went on to quote me 6000$ for replacement of all my pipes.
I had a RAC plumber come around-he was very civil polite and fixed the pipe at an acceptable price.
Thank you RAC-amazinf service-I am a very happy customer.

Unbelieve Company

We have had three different burst pipes all within the walls over the last six months. RAC have been fantastic, offering quick and efficient service on each occasion. Many Thanks.

Ok

RAC home and contents insurance has Rectified the issues that we we had with the claims process.. During Today we were contacted by RAC customer care.. we are satisfied now.

Pull your socks up,RAC

Visited Perth Head Office for getting a quote on home and car comprehensive insurance.I took the opportunity to obtain an International Driver's permit.
I got to the head office at 3:40 approximately.I was 'served' by [Name Removed] .Her attitude was terrible and her demeanour even worse.She took the photos required for the permit and threw them on the desk.Her whole manner was one of hostility.
I advised her to change her way as I found her offensive.I felt terrible.
This experience made me change my mind and not get quotes for home and car.
Will not frequent RAC again, if I can help it.

Very disappointed

Very disappointed. 1st real claim made in 20 years of membership was told not claim able time for a change also will be finding another insurance co for the 5 cars in the family.

Insurance claim madeYes

Greedy increase in landlord insurance premium

The landlord insurance premium increased by 12% for the renewed period with all factors remained the same! Stayed with RAC for 4 years already. No claims. The last year increased by 5%. This year it became greedy.

They just don't care!

Loyalty - forget it! they are more interested in BUYING new business than rewarding loyal policyholders! Cheaper premiums for new online customers than they are prepared to offer existing policyholders. not even prepared to offer the same premium to existing policyholders! And the clowns at the top just leave it to the employees on the phone to deal with the disappointment and anger of upset policyholders, SHAME on you RAC WA. We WILL go elsewhere, your business model stinks!!

Insurance claim madeNo

If it seems to good to be true!

Apply on line and save $100.00.
This was the advertising last year, it’s now dropped to $70.00.
What they don’t tell you is, that’s only for the first year, next year (this year) I received a 12.7% increase and Lo and behold they got their $100.00 back.

Insurance claim madeNo

2011 ford focus trend hatch.14 000 kms. problems? Service issues? Availability of parts?
Great runner, no problems, reliable and economical

does anyone else have trouble getting an answer out of the rac?
RAC buildings insurance is the worst insurance company in our 30 years of home ownership/renting. After our burglary the RAC would not talk to the agency dealing with the rental property we lived in, until the owner gave permission. 3 months later, the wooden front door was still bolted to the frame (blew open otherwise), the agency rang RAC weekly. Power was lost to houses around me during stormy weather, without the power I would be unable to enter the house, RAC would not help me as I was the tenant. I was disgusted and decided not to renew the RAC for my car, my work colleagues and friends were shocked at the work taking 3 months to be carried out. Instead of 1 guy to look at door, repair it temporarily, order and fit a replacement and paint it, they sent a different man for each job (over 3 months). The painter used the landlords paint in the garage to paint the door. RAC asked the owner for feedback and not me, RAC want your money but do not deliver a good service.

Similar listings