RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great customer service

I put a claim for 6m of fence that had fallen down. and recieved the pay out quite quickly. I then got a few quotes and it worked out to be 8m not 6m. I phoned Rac and explained it was 8m not 6m and it was asbestos not hardiflex. Rac then payed out for one of the quotes i had been given. I could not fault the whole process all the staff were really helpfully. I cant recommend rac enough

Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateAugust 2019

try to avoid claim from client

got a burned out rangehood. RAC sent someone to check and said the issue wasn't from the rangehood. Got power supply problem. I know it was crap. I called an electrician to check the power supply. No power supply issue. I just bought a new rangehood. RAC knew that i can't touch the power so that i can't claim.
i will walk away from this company.

Claim ApprovedNo

Walk Away

Disgusting effort. We had a leak come into our laundry from the roof from a recent storm and we were knocked back on our claim because they blamed it on a ceiling fan in the bathroom.
The bathroom has no damage whatsoever (where the ceiling fan is), and the fan has been there for the past several years with no effects.
I had my son get up onto the roof with a hose and there was water running in from two places on the roof under the solar heater. The storm had obviously lifted the heater and broke at least two tiles which has caused the leak. It therefore falls under storm damage, but they claim it to be a maintenance issue.

We'll be taking our five insurance policies elsewhere. Avoid these ripoff merchants at all costs, just read the reviews and that should be enough for you to steer clear.
I just wish we had done the same thing before transferring from a slightly higher insurer, thinking that we would save money. Now this is going to cost us more to repair.

Walk away, whatever you do. This company is not worth the anguish.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateMay 2019

No explanation

Been with RAC for many tears and this year policy increase of 14% tried to find out why - answer was we review areas and pricing from time to time - no further details available - reviewing ongoing insurer- if any detailed explanation giving may have reconsidered them

Claim MadeNo

Ripped off

They work in conjunction with john lying group stating a brick wall got damaged due to bore water which resulted in it to colapse.they put it down to wear and tear but when the assesor came out he said wind damage because my deviding fence snaped off at the same time and the 2 walls on the side of the house are in good condition.
Rac refused to fix or replace the wall
They will do anything possible not to fix or pay for the damage they fabricate make up there own causes so they dont have to fix the problem saving them money.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019

Malicious damage - landlord insurance

Cannot thank RAC enough for their help and prompt service in assessing and settling a claim for malicious damage to our rental home. Boris was so efficient and kept us updated as the claim was being processed. All was settled within 3 days - so glad we took Landlord Insurance. Thank you RAC, keep up the great work.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim ApprovedYes

Poor disclosure of policy limitations.

RAC Insurance fail to meet the expectations of their policy holders because they do not disclose the limitations of their product when issuing policies. They are aware of this fact but do not bother to change. This not only reflects badly on the CEO but also on the good standing of the RAC.

Claim DateMarch 2016

Dont waste your time and future stress

We have been with rac gold members for 30yrs....We have the highest cover as requested by myself. But apparently that means nothing when you try and make yr first claim, a very large mirror fell of the wall during the night it damaged my dinning table skirting, floor, wall and of course the 900 x 1500 mirror was a write off. I was told it was a matinance issue not covered even though it wasn't the install being the problem, who .....pulls down mirrors to see if anything is wrong ??? I'm so disappointed and fed up didn't expect that from rac.....

Claim MadeNo

Damage to solar hot water system

Damage to solar hot water system from neighbors lawn mower .
RAC approved assessor came out verified claim .
3 weeks later get a call from rac saying sorry we don't cover accidental damage to hot water system because its obsolete and we would have to replace it completely. ( isnt that the meaning of new for old ?)
Time to find a new insurance company.

Insurance claim madeYes

The worst insurance company ever

I have been with this insurance cover for as long as I can remember. For the last eight years I have paid over $6000 and have made one claim a broken fence. This time years later trying to get a broken front window fixed have so far waited from 1.00 pm and is now 8.45 pm and still waiting. What a joke they won't be getting any more from me.

Insurance claim madeYes

Different story every time.

Every time I have called, an operator will give me a different story on whats covered, tried to make a claim after four years and got rejected after receiving false information from an operator. My cars are insured with them too so I will be changing them all, cant be trusted.

RAC Landlord Insurance? - not unless you don't wish to make a claim

Been with RAC for too long. However, it will not have my extended business and policies any further. Hideously bad a managing its policies and claims. Can't even interpret simple and definable terms under it's PDS. Unfortunately it's just a poorly managed company, which is a shame because it use to have a reasonable reputation. It's landlord property insurance, car insurance, and roadside assistance programs are antiquated and there are far better policies out there for cheaper or comparable premiums. Don't go near this company.

Very happy

Recently made a claim assessor was quick job was carried out by local Very happy with repair Thank you RAC I have been with RAC for several years

Very Good Service

Just joined them first time 2 months ago for home and contents insurance. The pricing was extremely competetive. Real reason was the the heaps of discounts on many items as an added member especially fuel discount which comes in handy with skyrocketing fuel prices.

Apology from RAC

I recently wrote a review on RAC, they made the process of claiming storm damage on my fence a real night mare. They have since apologised for this. However, if you buy insurance from RAC WA, ask when you purchase the product if their is a hold on the policy - this is their language not mine. In all the years I have been with the RAC this is only the second time they have made it hard to process a claim. Overall I am happy with them. We just have to remember to read the fine print. Been with RAC with this policy three months. But I have in total 7 policies with them, for over 25 years. Gold card member, and have over the years made claims without this kind of stress.

Storm Warning Failure

Why does RAC send out storm warnings? Hmmm, to let you know that a storm is coming and could cause damage I would think. 4th of July 2018 and RAC is sending out storm warnings. That night I'm in my kitchen washing dishes with hot water when the storm begins. 4:45am Tuesday morning I step into an icy cold shower with no hot water. I can also hear a loud buzzing noise from the control panel for the air-conditioner, and the lights don't work on half the house. The storm has damaged our solar hot water systems rendering it obsolete. It also wrecked two panels on the roof for the air-con. And in the process, created an electrical fault. With two little kids in the house we really needed some help to get hot water and fix things, but of course you have to rely on RAC to figure it out. And with all the processes (so poorly done and lack of communication) we waited nearly 4 days before we had hot water.

And of course you would think that with a storm damaging our house that this is clear cut and they would repair the damage right? ha ha . No, from 3 different people I was told that it was a "coincidence", yes "coincidence" that our hot water system failed, and air-conditioner broke on the same night as the storm. I'm not kidding you. That was their words. Four (4) phone calls to three different people and they kept hiding behind policies and reading from scripts. Everything recorded so they can create better scripts for the next time - always creating ways to get out of paying for damage.

Now let's be fair here. The solar hot water system was old and wearing according to reports. And the storm damage was the final straw so to speak ... But it was working at 9pm and broken at 4:45am ... Coincidence? Come on. I didn't ask them to cover the full costs ... just help us out as the expense was $3500. Would $500 or $1000 be fair? They paid ZERO. I got slapped with clause after clause after clause.

The panels for the air-conditioner of the roof? they finally accepted liability and covered that cost. But get this, they said it was "coincidence" that my control panel at the front of the house was damaged at the same time and had nothing to do with the storm. For 3-4 weeks we had to literally shut off the power to that side of the house so the loud buzzing would stop at night and we could sleep. Prior to the storm, no problems at all with the air-conditioner. Working perfectly. And now? But of course that had nothing to do with the storm. And of course the panels getting destroyed didn't impact on the control panel at all. ha ha

Has anyone else reviewed the Google Reviews for RAC? Wow RAC, are you not embarrassed by the fact that more than 70% of your reviews are Terrible (28), Bad (5) or Ok (5)??? I mean that is really shocking. And yet the negative reviews just keep pouring in. Cultural problem at RAC? What is your connection to the community of Western Australia? What is your obligation to help families who are insured? My opinion is that you do have a cultural problem and are lacking in core values, you have lost connection with the people of Western Australia and your PRIMARY focus is on making money (at all cost) without regard for the families and community who support you. Very sad.

Worst insurance cover

I am so disillusioned by RAC insurance as it seems that you pay premiums and yet every time you need to make a claim yet again it’s not covered. They appear only to cover acts of god, once you prove he does exist. Our gas hot water system needs to be replaced due to a fault causing fire to damage to the interior of the tank however it’s not one of the 12 things covered which does include fire but does not cover hot water systems. The system is 4 years old, I then called SGIO and Alliance both of whom advised me that the replacement would be covered. Up your game RAC you are no longer competeive will be cancelling my policy as soon as I can.

Amazing service-thank you-RAC

I had a plumbing issue and was told by a plumber from a well known company that the pipe was not fixable and he went on to quote me 6000$ for replacement of all my pipes.
I had a RAC plumber come around-he was very civil polite and fixed the pipe at an acceptable price.
Thank you RAC-amazinf service-I am a very happy customer.

Unbelieve Company

We have had three different burst pipes all within the walls over the last six months. RAC have been fantastic, offering quick and efficient service on each occasion. Many Thanks.

Ok

RAC home and contents insurance has Rectified the issues that we we had with the claims process.. During Today we were contacted by RAC customer care.. we are satisfied now.