RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excuses and surprises

Bore pump burnt out so had it repaired. Made a claim with RAC........3 weeks later and a few phone calls later they obtained an independent quote which was $700 less than the invoice I received (for eligible claimable parts) which required an electrician and retic guy to install. They work hard to avoid paying what you reasonably expect.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019

Rob

RobPerth, WA

Crooks

My patio blew over in a storm and due to it being old and have some rot they would not cover it. A Loyal customer for many years and it shows the premiums we pay every year are worth nothing

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim DateNovember 2019

Disgusted after 40 years

I cant believe after 40 years with RAC building/contents, cars & memberships etc that RAC increased our building & contents insurance premiums by 60% apparently due to the area we live in (Lancelin??). When we contacted RAC they had no interest at all with a 40+ year loyal customers concerns & politely fobbed us off. I would suggest that all current RAC customers shop around for a better price (as we did) & forget about loyalty.

Property TypeDuplex
hate-RAC

hate-RACPerth, WA

crowd funding's better

insuring with RAC is like throwing money in the river
friendly when they try to get your business
when you make a claim it's all different: THEY JUST DO NOT GIVE A DAMN
Do not insurance , it is a waste of money and you are dealing with crooks, it is a false safety
and causes nothing but frustration and heartache

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Aaron

AaronPerth, WA

Great customer service

I put a claim for 6m of fence that had fallen down. and recieved the pay out quite quickly. I then got a few quotes and it worked out to be 8m not 6m. I phoned Rac and explained it was 8m not 6m and it was asbestos not hardiflex. Rac then payed out for one of the quotes i had been given. I could not fault the whole process all the staff were really helpfully. I cant recommend rac enough

Claim DateAugust 2019

try to avoid claim from client

got a burned out rangehood. RAC sent someone to check and said the issue wasn't from the rangehood. Got power supply problem. I know it was crap. I called an electrician to check the power supply. No power supply issue. I just bought a new rangehood. RAC knew that i can't touch the power so that i can't claim.
i will walk away from this company.

Allen V.

Allen V.Perth, WA

Walk Away

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019

fullo

fulloPeel, WA

No explanation

Been with RAC for many tears and this year policy increase of 14% tried to find out why - answer was we review areas and pricing from time to time - no further details available - reviewing ongoing insurer- if any detailed explanation giving may have reconsidered them

Ripped off

Ripped offPerth, WA

Ripped off

They work in conjunction with john lying group stating a brick wall got damaged due to bore water which resulted in it to colapse.they put it down to wear and tear but when the assesor came out he said wind damage because my deviding fence snaped off at the same time and the 2 walls on the side of the house are in good condition.
Rac refused to fix or replace the wall
They will do anything possible not to fix or pay for the damage they fabricate make up there own causes so they dont have to fix the problem saving them money.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Liz

LizPerth, WA

Malicious damage - landlord insurance

Cannot thank RAC enough for their help and prompt service in assessing and settling a claim for malicious damage to our rental home. Boris was so efficient and kept us updated as the claim was being processed. All was settled within 3 days - so glad we took Landlord Insurance. Thank you RAC, keep up the great work.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage

Rhonda Manuel

Rhonda ManuelPerth, WA

Poor disclosure of policy limitations.

RAC Insurance fail to meet the expectations of their policy holders because they do not disclose the limitations of their product when issuing policies. They are aware of this fact but do not bother to change. This not only reflects badly on the CEO but also on the good standing of the RAC.

Claim DateMarch 2016

Not happy Jan

Not happy JanPerth, WA

Dont waste your time and future stress

We have been with rac gold members for 30yrs....We have the highest cover as requested by myself. But apparently that means nothing when you try and make yr first claim, a very large mirror fell of the wall during the night it damaged my dinning table skirting, floor, wall and of course the 900 x 1500 mirror was a write off. I was told it was a matinance issue not covered even though it wasn't the install being the problem, who .....pulls down mirrors to see if anything is wrong ??? I'm so disappointed and fed up didn't expect that from rac.....

Claim MadeNo

Damage to solar hot water system

Damage to solar hot water system from neighbors lawn mower .
RAC approved assessor came out verified claim .
3 weeks later get a call from rac saying sorry we don't cover accidental damage to hot water system because its obsolete and we would have to replace it completely. ( isnt that the meaning of new for old ?)
Time to find a new insurance company.

Insurance claim madeYes

The worst insurance company ever

I have been with this insurance cover for as long as I can remember. For the last eight years I have paid over $6000 and have made one claim a broken fence. This time years later trying to get a broken front window fixed have so far waited from 1.00 pm and is now 8.45 pm and still waiting. What a joke they won't be getting any more from me.

Insurance claim madeYes

Different story every time.

Every time I have called, an operator will give me a different story on whats covered, tried to make a claim after four years and got rejected after receiving false information from an operator. My cars are insured with them too so I will be changing them all, cant be trusted.

RAC Landlord Insurance? - not unless you don't wish to make a claim

Been with RAC for too long. However, it will not have my extended business and policies any further. Hideously bad a managing its policies and claims. Can't even interpret simple and definable terms under it's PDS. Unfortunately it's just a poorly managed company, which is a shame because it use to have a reasonable reputation. It's landlord property insurance, car insurance, and roadside assistance programs are antiquated and there are far better policies out there for cheaper or comparable premiums. Don't go near this company.

Mrs R

Mrs RAlbany

Very happy

Recently made a claim assessor was quick job was carried out by local Very happy with repair Thank you RAC I have been with RAC for several years

Gomzi

GomziArmadale, 6112

Very Good Service

Just joined them first time 2 months ago for home and contents insurance. The pricing was extremely competetive. Real reason was the the heaps of discounts on many items as an added member especially fuel discount which comes in handy with skyrocketing fuel prices.

Insurance claim madeNo

Terry

TerryPerth

Apology from RAC

I recently wrote a review on RAC, they made the process of claiming storm damage on my fence a real night mare. They have since apologised for this. However, if you buy insurance from RAC WA, ask when you purchase the product if their is a hold on the policy - this is their language not mine. In all the years I have been with the RAC this is only the second time they have made it hard to process a claim. Overall I am happy with them. We just have to remember to read the fine print. Been with RAC with this policy three months. But I have in total 7 policies with them, for over 25 years. Gold card member, and have over the years made claims without this kind of stress.

Storm Warning Failure

cathe

catheasked

2011 ford focus trend hatch.14 000 kms. problems? Service issues? Availability of parts?

Karen Wilde

Great runner, no problems, reliable and economical

pc

pcasked

does anyone else have trouble getting an answer out of the rac?

Karen Wilde

RAC buildings insurance is the worst insurance company in our 30 years of home ownership/renting. After our burglary the RAC would not talk to the agency dealing with the rental property we lived in, until the owner gave permission. 3 months later, the wooden front door was still bolted to the frame (blew open otherwise), the agency rang RAC weekly. Power was lost to houses around me during stormy weather, without the power I would be unable to enter the house, RAC would not help me as I was the tenant. I was disgusted and decided not to renew the RAC for my car, my work colleagues and friends were shocked at the work taking 3 months to be carried out. Instead of 1 guy to look at door, repair it temporarily, order and fit a replacement and paint it, they sent a different man for each job (over 3 months). The painter used the landlords paint in the garage to paint the door. RAC asked the owner for feedback and not me, RAC want your money but do not deliver a good service.