RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (9)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (3)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (8)

Antony G.
Antony G.Perth, WA

Very poor content insurance

Denied claim for ceiling collapse event that led to homelessness

Margie
MargieMid West, WA

I honestly couldn't fault them

After reading so many negative reviews, I will admit I was worried.. I had a lot of storm damage from the cyclone that came through in April.
The Rac was fantastic, replace fences, food and pool cover... money in my account straight away for spoilt food due to loss of power.. and pool cover the next day.. the fence took a few weeks to come through.. all is fixed now.. I'm happy.. thank you RAC

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Jim S.
Jim S.Perth, WA

Inflexible, unjust organisation

This big organisation does not care about anyone except their board members. From storm damage claims that aren’t paid out because the wind on the weather report didn’t match the damage, not renewing car insurance because they spelt my name wrong then failed to carry over my NCD and not allowing you to cancel your membership without paying the year in full. There is so much better out there.

Darrin
DarrinPerth, WA

Terribly dissatisfied

We were on holidays for 7 days and when we returned freezer had huge puddle of water underneath it and damaged the floor and they won’t cover it because they don’t know why it happened. They sent out a contractor who said it was a power failure.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Below par workmanship

Gus66
Gus66Perth, WA

Extremely poor information supplied

Our home and content premium jumped 18.9 % (eigtheen.nine %) between 2019-20 to 20-21 without reasons given ..... I asked for clarification in writing with 2 emails and one tel call ... RAC WA does not want to explain or clarify, only promoting their product with irrelevant excuses in automated (?) / standard responses.
Obscure parochial RAC WA ....i would expect RAC WA to be more transparent

Peter
PeterPerth, WA

Increased Premiums without a claim

If you lodge a claim that is not worth proceeding and subsequently withdraw it then it will stay on your record and increase your premiums the following year.
So no claim, no payout yet you still pay.

6wafr

RAC falls short on fence cover big time

My fence blew down in a storm but RAC only cover the section that is damaged . This type of fence is no longer available, the new fence that every uses is Colourbond. My neighbor's insurance covers their entire fence and they immediately set up a temporary fence around their swimming pool.
I really felt like a second class citizen with RAC. When my insurance comes up for renewal I just might have a look what the COMMONWEALTH BANK has got to offer in the way of home insurance (especially fence) cover. 6WF

Excellent claims service

An insurance company is only as good as its claims service.
After my home suffered storm damage both inside and outside the claims ladies over the phone were polite and helpful. It was a little slow getting the builders out to assess the damage however I'm sure I wasn't the only one wanting their service.
They rang me on a Saturday morning to discuss the builders report and then promptly paid out on Monday.
I have dealt with other insurance companies and I have found RAC by far the best.

Well done RAC.

Nouwt
NouwtPerth, WA

Great claims service but premiums let down

Can’t fault the claims service. Promptly paid out and great communication. Only downside is yearly premium increases and RAC won’t offer loyalty discount or price match for like for like policies with other competitors.

Stoney
Stoney

Wooden fence blew over in storm

Our fence blew over in a storm and Rac offered us $585 minus $500 excess so $85 What a joke . We have never made a claim and will be cancelling all our insurance with Rac . I wish I looked at these reviews before using Rac .

BB
BBGreat Southern, WA

RAC - Worst Insurer In Australia - continually deny claims & are liars! WORST ISURER!

Continually have denied my ongoing claims & falsely calculate minimal claim payments - Continually ignore legal documents stating rent component from District Court in Western Australia! As a result Of RAC Actions I now have 3 Investment Properties in mortgage arrears and legal receivership by the BANKS! RAC have continually nit assessed my claim on a claim-by-claim basis! Do not use AFCA to resolve your insurance complaint with RAC as this is not a government service & is directly financially funded by insurers & financial institutions who are partnered members Of AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority). I recommend Seeking legal advice & finding another insurer other than RAC...! 0 stars out Of 5 stars rating

Would not cover

Matt S
Matt SPerth, WA

$120 from a $6000 bill.

I will be looking for another insurance company.

Storm damage knocked down parts of my fence but the product has been discontinued and unable to be repaired. The only option is a replacement, but this is not covered.

I was under the impression that insurance was there to cover unexpected costs due to unexpected circumstances. It's that simple.

After being a customer for 7 years I was set to receive a whopping $120 for a $6000 bill.

Terrible faceless company.