RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (9)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (8)
    • 1-2 months (4)
    • 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (12) · No (13)

AJJ
AJJ

Switched all our policies to RAC and not impressed with the claim process

Danny
DannyPerth, WA

Shower Screen Door Replacement

• Incentivised Review No
  • Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Titin
TitinPerth, WA

Terrible company

Quote you 10 dollar cheaper but don't deliver, called for emergency but only come 8 hours later. Hail happened our shadesail torn but they said the shadesail is old. So what do we buy insurance for?

Jayke
JaykePerth, WA

Specified contents home insurance

Moved from a different insurer to RAC due to rising cost. Needed to claim for dropped iPhone on RAC insurance and from specified listed items for $1600. We now have to get a report from Apple to say whether it can be fixed or not (Back glass smashed and photos provided to RAC). If they can’t fix it, RAC will provide a refurbished phone! Refurbished phone for almost brand new phone. This also means trip into Perth to Apple. With previous insurer, had similar issue with ipad and money was paid into account same day, no issues. I’m swapping back to other insurer and canceled RAC. You get what you pay for!
ALSO: expect long wait times on phone and to be transferred at least twice.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Bella J.
Bella J.Perth, WA

Service? What service

This company used to be great in my opinion. Fast and reliable with a good claims team. Now, it a case of what they wont cover not what they will. It seems they have a very tight and restricted view of the ten 'events' they will cover. And if you cant talk with them on the phone they send you an e-mail auto response saying it will be ten days before they read your e-mail!

So, after many years thinking I was satisfactorily insured, it turns out I'm not and RACWA has got me worried. So, I am off. Bye bye RAC WA I am really disappointed in you.

Denise
DenisePerth, WA

Conflicting??

Rac sent an assessor to fix my fence. rac recommended them so we employed them. Three month's later one man and not enough fencing showed. The job was left incomplete and stagard.
I contacted rac for support they said" we paid out for the fence who I you employ was your problem.
I said"you sent them?
Rac said " you employed them we take no further responsibility.

Buyer beware

Their own claims officers can’t interpret the pds how are we supposed to. Their definition of fire damage is also shocking! Does not include damage caused by smoke, heat, ash or other toxic substances caused by fire which is likely to constitute a significant part of your claim. Buyer Beware!

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Sophia
SophiaPerth, WA

Be carful when you choose RAC!!

Pathetic Treatment

I have been with RAC for 10 years with one claim over 8 years ago.
This claim was not quoted anymore than $4000 and they have refused to pay and have not replied to any emails or calls for over 2 weeks.

I have made a complaint and received no correspondence other than "we will contact you when available'

I will not be staying with RAC and do not recommend them to anyone.

They may have been a quality service 10 years ago but have fallen a long way.

SimonPerth, WA

Poor Service

We have lodged a claim, our first ever since building our house 8 years ago. We have just recently had water damage to an internal wall from the shower. After a plumber came out that works for RAC did his tests he was to provide a report. This was 3 weeks ago and no report submitted. RAC says it's not their fault as plumber is busy and can't reach him. Why would you want a trade representing your company that can't do his job properly?We are no sooner to resolution then when we started. Very angry at the lack service and communication and will probably have to pay for repairs ourselves.

Simon

Absolutely appalling! Disgusted by this service! RAC better get reliable tradesman soon your name and reputation is not run under the ground

Antony G.
Antony G.Perth, WA

Very poor content insurance

Denied claim for ceiling collapse event that led to homelessness

Margie
MargieMid West, WA

I honestly couldn't fault them

After reading so many negative reviews, I will admit I was worried.. I had a lot of storm damage from the cyclone that came through in April.
The Rac was fantastic, replace fences, food and pool cover... money in my account straight away for spoilt food due to loss of power.. and pool cover the next day.. the fence took a few weeks to come through.. all is fixed now.. I'm happy.. thank you RAC

Jim S.
Jim S.Perth, WA

Inflexible, unjust organisation

This big organisation does not care about anyone except their board members. From storm damage claims that aren’t paid out because the wind on the weather report didn’t match the damage, not renewing car insurance because they spelt my name wrong then failed to carry over my NCD and not allowing you to cancel your membership without paying the year in full. There is so much better out there.

Darrin
DarrinPerth, WA

Terribly dissatisfied

We were on holidays for 7 days and when we returned freezer had huge puddle of water underneath it and damaged the floor and they won’t cover it because they don’t know why it happened. They sent out a contractor who said it was a power failure.

• Incentivised Review No