RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (8), 1-2 weeks (2), 2-4 weeks (5) and 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (9) · No (5)
Darrin

DarrinPerth, WA

Terribly dissatisfied

We were on holidays for 7 days and when we returned freezer had huge puddle of water underneath it and damaged the floor and they won’t cover it because they don’t know why it happened. They sent out a contractor who said it was a power failure.

Below par workmanship

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2020
Gus66

Gus66Perth, WA

Extremely poor information supplied

Our home and content premium jumped 18.9 % (eigtheen.nine %) between 2019-20 to 20-21 without reasons given ..... I asked for clarification in writing with 2 emails and one tel call ... RAC WA does not want to explain or clarify, only promoting their product with irrelevant excuses in automated (?) / standard responses.
Obscure parochial RAC WA ....i would expect RAC WA to be more transparent

Type of ClaimLightning
Claim DateDecember 2018
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how RAC WA Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Increased Premiums without a claim

If you lodge a claim that is not worth proceeding and subsequently withdraw it then it will stay on your record and increase your premiums the following year.
So no claim, no payout yet you still pay.

6wafr

RAC falls short on fence cover big time

My fence blew down in a storm but RAC only cover the section that is damaged . This type of fence is no longer available, the new fence that every uses is Colourbond. My neighbor's insurance covers their entire fence and they immediately set up a temporary fence around their swimming pool.
I really felt like a second class citizen with RAC. When my insurance comes up for renewal I just might have a look what the COMMONWEALTH BANK has got to offer in the way of home insurance (especially fence) cover. 6WF

Excellent claims service

An insurance company is only as good as its claims service.
After my home suffered storm damage both inside and outside the claims ladies over the phone were polite and helpful. It was a little slow getting the builders out to assess the damage however I'm sure I wasn't the only one wanting their service.
They rang me on a Saturday morning to discuss the builders report and then promptly paid out on Monday.
I have dealt with other insurance companies and I have found RAC by far the best.

Well done RAC.

Claim DateJuly 2020
Nouwt

NouwtPerth, WA

Great claims service but premiums let down

Can’t fault the claims service. Promptly paid out and great communication. Only downside is yearly premium increases and RAC won’t offer loyalty discount or price match for like for like policies with other competitors.

Type of ClaimTheft
Stoney

Stoney

Wooden fence blew over in storm

Our fence blew over in a storm and Rac offered us $585 minus $500 excess so $85 What a joke . We have never made a claim and will be cancelling all our insurance with Rac . I wish I looked at these reviews before using Rac .

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2020
BB

BBGreat Southern, WA

RAC - Worst Insurer In Australia - continually deny claims & are liars! WORST ISURER!

Continually have denied my ongoing claims & falsely calculate minimal claim payments - Continually ignore legal documents stating rent component from District Court in Western Australia! As a result Of RAC Actions I now have 3 Investment Properties in mortgage arrears and legal receivership by the BANKS! RAC have continually nit assessed my claim on a claim-by-claim basis! Do not use AFCA to resolve your insurance complaint with RAC as this is not a government service & is directly financially funded by insurers & financial institutions who are partnered members Of AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority). I recommend Seeking legal advice & finding another insurer other than RAC...! 0 stars out Of 5 stars rating

Coverage TypeHome Only
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage

Would not cover

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Matt S

Matt SPerth, WA

$120 from a $6000 bill.

I will be looking for another insurance company.

Storm damage knocked down parts of my fence but the product has been discontinued and unable to be repaired. The only option is a replacement, but this is not covered.

I was under the impression that insurance was there to cover unexpected costs due to unexpected circumstances. It's that simple.

After being a customer for 7 years I was set to receive a whopping $120 for a $6000 bill.

Terrible faceless company.

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Landlords Building and Contents Insurance

In 2018 and 2019, all insurance costs went more than the rate of insurance from the Bureau of Statistics. Emailed RAC for them to provide feedback, and not one reply. Much cheaper rates being a new customer than a long term one.

Property TypeTownhouse
Ezzy flo

Ezzy floPerth, WA

Do not insure your phone with them

My phone screen cracked and they were happy to pay for repair . My only concern was my phone costed me 1300 dollars and 2 years later it cant even be found in the market. And they wudnt even replace it with the same phone or equivalent phone.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
keryn

keryn

looking for another company

Our fence blew over in a storm and they didnt cover anywhere near the cost of a new fence. I have been with rac for well over 25 years and have barely made a claim. The cost of insurance rises every year and they dont seem to care any more. just about their bottom line profit.

Claim DateNovember 2019

Excuses and surprises

Bore pump burnt out so had it repaired. Made a claim with RAC........3 weeks later and a few phone calls later they obtained an independent quote which was $700 less than the invoice I received (for eligible claimable parts) which required an electrician and retic guy to install. They work hard to avoid paying what you reasonably expect.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Rob

RobPerth, WA

Crooks

My patio blew over in a storm and due to it being old and have some rot they would not cover it. A Loyal customer for many years and it shows the premiums we pay every year are worth nothing

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim DateNovember 2019

Disgusted after 40 years

I cant believe after 40 years with RAC building/contents, cars & memberships etc that RAC increased our building & contents insurance premiums by 60% apparently due to the area we live in (Lancelin??). When we contacted RAC they had no interest at all with a 40+ year loyal customers concerns & politely fobbed us off. I would suggest that all current RAC customers shop around for a better price (as we did) & forget about loyalty.

Property TypeDuplex
hate-RAC

hate-RACPerth, WA

crowd funding's better

insuring with RAC is like throwing money in the river
friendly when they try to get your business
when you make a claim it's all different: THEY JUST DO NOT GIVE A DAMN
Do not insurance , it is a waste of money and you are dealing with crooks, it is a false safety
and causes nothing but frustration and heartache

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Aaron

AaronPerth, WA

Great customer service

I put a claim for 6m of fence that had fallen down. and recieved the pay out quite quickly. I then got a few quotes and it worked out to be 8m not 6m. I phoned Rac and explained it was 8m not 6m and it was asbestos not hardiflex. Rac then payed out for one of the quotes i had been given. I could not fault the whole process all the staff were really helpfully. I cant recommend rac enough

Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

try to avoid claim from client

got a burned out rangehood. RAC sent someone to check and said the issue wasn't from the rangehood. Got power supply problem. I know it was crap. I called an electrician to check the power supply. No power supply issue. I just bought a new rangehood. RAC knew that i can't touch the power so that i can't claim.
i will walk away from this company.