RACQ Home Insurance

RACQ Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for RACQ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (11)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (11) · No (13)
Ellena
EllenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

RACQ - WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS! If they can find a loophole to NOT HELP YOU THEY WILL!

Scott
ScottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not interested in understanding their risk, they simply refuse insurance for home business.

Lynda P.
Lynda P.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service & no support

Juliedaniels
JuliedanielsSouth East Queensland, QLD

RACQ. If they can get out of paying they will. What a change they’ve made

Mitchell D.
Mitchell D.

Lack of communication

Submitted my claim for contents damaged by floods the day we returned home. Now over 5 weeks ago. We were very proactive and made a manifest, found pricing, took photos of every single flood affected item we were claiming for - pretty much spoon fed them. Yet I’ve still received hardly any communication from RACQ. We are without some critical appliances that we cannot afford to replace until we are payed by RACQ. I understand they are busy, however we’ve gone above and beyond what most customers would do and I have contacted them numerous times to get this claim hurried along. This is just not good enough!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Margo
MargoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't fault RACQ Contents Insurance

I have been contacted twice over the last couple of days by RACQ with a link in case I need to lodge a claim. I don't but thanks for the care taken to contact me. I really appreciate them reaching out to me and hope others with RACQ are also having wonderful experiences with them. I can't fault them.

Unhappy
UnhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

What a rip off ..

Been with RACQ 28yrs they put my contents up $7 a month to $25 and said all your 5 discounts applied ?? What a rip off I make no claims
Suncorp Medway only $3 different $28 and that's no discounts...?

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Horrible, Horrible. They have Three levels. Each one work independently to reject or accept claim.

Pedro
PedroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic response

Fantastic response after our home was broken into on New Year's Eve. Initial repairs completed the next day - a public holiday, no less! And further assessments already done regarding the remaining repairs. Well done - really appreciate the support and assistance provided so far!

wav69lee
wav69leeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible company

Been with Racq for many years but the customer service is horrible. For months I have been triying to get through on the phone, but just get left on the line forever. I was just trying to pay my several policies after changing banks. Impossible. Can't get through and no one ever contacts me back. Home and contents, car and breakdown all outstanding because you cannot change bank details online while outstanding. Then can't phone tem either. Frustrating.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Jan
JanAU

Horrid company refuses to honour a fair claim for an appliance that an ill person relies on to breathe properly

Coverage TypeHome & Contents

Totally satisfied customer.

RACQ’s quote to insure my properties was $4000 less than 4 other agencies. After selling, they reimbursed funds from the sales date, even when cancellations took place a month afterwards. Phone conversations are professional, yet genuinely considerate and supportive. Thank you to the wonderful staff who I have dealt with - so appreciated especially given that I live interstate. I will always sing your praises.

Disgusted
DisgustedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid!

This company uses the RACQ name but is NOT the company that provides the RACQ Roadside Assist. It seems unbelievable but I suffered minor damage during a storm. I made a claim. An extremely dodgy assessor was sent out. He ripped up (why?)roofing sheets and didn't properly replace them, unbeknown to me. (He actually bent back the spines of the sheets). The very next rain caused extensive damage to my home. The RACQ refused to pay, saying my roof was in poor condition. I had had a roofer working on a skylight on the roof the year before. He verified the roof had been in good condition then and that sheets had been bent up but, of course, the RACQ would not pay.

Michael Hutchinson