RACQ Home Insurance

RACQ Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

It pays to belong ?... it sure does.. Pay for something I could have got for nothing!

Trade Assist Complaint Only: Reconsidering my home insurance since my call with AIZER a subcontractor for trade assist. All I wanted is advice and a possible call out to a home regarding rewiring an old home. I had phoned another well established electrician who did not charge a cent & even provided a general report. AIZER wanted to charge $165 an hour for advice. If my husband's business got RACQ work , you can bet he'd provide some complimentary call outs for estblished customers such as myself. I've been with RACQ for over 30 years. So sometimes it certainly does pay to belong .. you pay bigtime. Needless to say I won't be using TradeAssist and I will relook at our home insurance policy too.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim MadeNo

Pidgie

Pidgie

Check your Household Excellence Bonus - has it been applied?

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Claim MadeNo
Disgusted

DisgustedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy insurance from the RACQ

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateMarch 2019

Still waiting for repairs to be done, now 6 months

My aunt made a claim shortly after 22 December 2018, An assessor came out 2 months after and to this date no repairs or any correspondence has happened. What could possibly take so long. My Aunt is very sick and this delay is not helping her health. Claim number HH04191966

Coverage TypeHome Only

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Contents insurance - as bad as the theives that robbed me

Earlier this year my property along with a half dozen others in the local area got robbed. Police have now caught the perps with some of our possessions. I am still battling with the most rude claims officer at racq. They have loopholes to try and not cover just about everything. Then when you get to the items their aren’t loopholes for they tell you that it’s too expensive and they don’t believe you owned it. Absolute joke. Find a better insurer!!!!

Anne F

Anne F

Excellent service

15 plus years.
We have pet cover with our home and contents and RACQ are just amazing with claims. Our dog needed emergency surgery and I phoned and they took details over the phone I sent a photo of the bill and the next day I got a text to say the claim was approved and then 2 days later the money was in the bank.
The staff were helpful and polite and I highly recommend RACQ for insurance.

Nav

Nav

Worst Car Insurer ever

I have had a hit run on my car and advised that i would like it repaired under a repairer i recommend and not someone who they recommend as that specific repairer has the worst rating\reviews currently and they seem to not like it so my claim which was supposed to have been reviewed and cleared by now is being delayed. When i asked their rude Customer Service Agents for a eta they advised that the reviewer has a lot of other claims so they cannot really give me a time frame. How is this my problem . Horrible service will wait till this gets approved to move back to my previous insurer as these guys are just horrible.

Munro

Munro

Far North Qld RACQ Holders

not happy Jan

not happy Jan

Inflexible online application nothing but price gouging.

Worse possible Claim Response

No policy not good value
Easy to setup
But claims worst ever seen or heard of, still chasing cheapest quote after 7 months wait just a run around
Customer support a joke keep passing buck around and not interested

Quick and Efficient

We only have contents insurance with RACQ and we unfortunatly had a total loss with my husbands hearing aids. We put the claim in only a week ago and the turn around was very quick and efficient. The consultants in the call centre were exceptional and I am glad that I have my insurance with them. Thank you!

Lyle

LyleBrisbane

Awful claim experience

Terrible experience

Juliedaniels

JuliedanielsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely satified customer

We've been insured with RACQ for many years now and over the past 6 months have had to make two claims on our household policy. One was for replacement of an air conditioner, $3,000. One was for a lost/stolen ring, $2,800. Both claims were settled quickly, with great service, and full payments. RACQ have been wonderful! Not a single problem. Premium increase was minimal. They even showed us ways to save on our premiums. I don't know if they have picked up their game since all those bad reviews, but we are never going to another insurer. Like wise our car insurance. Three claims totalling $11,000. No increase in premiums, great service! RACQ? Wouldn't be without it!

Stu

StuHervey Bay

RACQ's Lifetime Repair Guarantee

Not satisfied with the providers customer support and I would no longer recommend them to anyone because they don't honor their home and contents policy and lifetime Repair Guarantee after our roof leaked in the same location for the third time

Bruce

BruceBrisbane

RACQ Home and Contents Insurance

Insurance claim madeNo

60% increase in house insurance in one year.

theresasowinski

theresasowinskiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exhorbitant prices - no customer service

Insurance claim madeNo

Not paying for repairs covered under policy

Made a claim against for covered damaged, sent several subcontractors out only to not return my calls and emails and then called me to say they wouldn’t pay. Also are not supplying a report for repairs. I’m having to hire a lawyer today to sort this mess, terrible service considering we have been a customer for over 20 years.

Thanks for absolutely nothing, also your legal team isn’t that great, I will enjoy this firm having fun on my dime.

Do not go with racq, they can’t be trusted.