RACQ Home Insurance

• Contents Only (1)

Jimmy Jay

Jimmy JayAU

Best service

We have made several claims through RACQ over the years. And on every occasion they have covered our claims without delay. I cannot fault them for service and knowledge over the phone

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2016

Margaret

MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero customer service

We had insurance with this company for many years having transferred to them from RACV when leaving Victoria in 2003
We put in claim in 2013 when we had a leak from the roof onto the front deck
The leak occurred shortly after Christmas. The assessor came out quite promptly However he reported that the leak was a "building defect" and not covered by insurance- despite the fact that the house was almost 18 years old and had never leaked before!
After over 4 months of haggling with this company and the damage getting progressively worst we had it repaired a our own cost and changed insurance companies!

Claim DateJanuary 2013

Fantastic

Have calls RACQ Home Rescue a couple of times, and every time the tradesmen are courteous and good tradesmen. I can can not fault their workmanship. I would recommend RACQ HAOME rescue to anyone.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Computer issue takes wrong amount out of bank account

A computer problem made my house insurance come to a total of over $9000 per year and they took out $759.94 for a month's insurance!!! When I asked for the money back as it was their computers fault not mine, they stated that they didn't do that, they don't return money. I have other bills I am required to pay. I need to pay my mortgage! I can't afford for them to take out so much money. They stated the rest of the year my payments for my house and contents insurance would be halved as I have over paid. I need my money back!!! Was on hold when I stated I needed my money back and they hang up on me, a loyal member and this is how you treat your customers! Disgusting.

Claim MadeNo

It pays to belong ?... it sure does.. Pay for something I could have got for nothing!

Trade Assist Complaint Only: Reconsidering my home insurance since my call with AIZER a subcontractor for trade assist. All I wanted is advice and a possible call out to a home regarding rewiring an old home. I had phoned another well established electrician who did not charge a cent & even provided a general report. AIZER wanted to charge $165 an hour for advice. If my husband's business got RACQ work , you can bet he'd provide some complimentary call outs for estblished customers such as myself. I've been with RACQ for over 30 years. So sometimes it certainly does pay to belong .. you pay bigtime. Needless to say I won't be using TradeAssist and I will relook at our home insurance policy too.

Property TypeApartment/Unit

Pidgie

Pidgie

Check your Household Excellence Bonus - has it been applied?

Disgusted

DisgustedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy insurance from the RACQ

Claim DateMarch 2019

Still waiting for repairs to be done, now 6 months

My aunt made a claim shortly after 22 December 2018, An assessor came out 2 months after and to this date no repairs or any correspondence has happened. What could possibly take so long. My Aunt is very sick and this delay is not helping her health. Claim number HH04191966

Coverage TypeHome Only

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Contents insurance - as bad as the theives that robbed me

Earlier this year my property along with a half dozen others in the local area got robbed. Police have now caught the perps with some of our possessions. I am still battling with the most rude claims officer at racq. They have loopholes to try and not cover just about everything. Then when you get to the items their aren’t loopholes for they tell you that it’s too expensive and they don’t believe you owned it. Absolute joke. Find a better insurer!!!!

Anne F

Anne F

Excellent service

15 plus years.
We have pet cover with our home and contents and RACQ are just amazing with claims. Our dog needed emergency surgery and I phoned and they took details over the phone I sent a photo of the bill and the next day I got a text to say the claim was approved and then 2 days later the money was in the bank.
The staff were helpful and polite and I highly recommend RACQ for insurance.

Nav

Nav

Worst Car Insurer ever

I have had a hit run on my car and advised that i would like it repaired under a repairer i recommend and not someone who they recommend as that specific repairer has the worst rating\reviews currently and they seem to not like it so my claim which was supposed to have been reviewed and cleared by now is being delayed. When i asked their rude Customer Service Agents for a eta they advised that the reviewer has a lot of other claims so they cannot really give me a time frame. How is this my problem . Horrible service will wait till this gets approved to move back to my previous insurer as these guys are just horrible.

Munro

Munro

Far North Qld RACQ Holders

not happy Jan

not happy Jan

Inflexible online application nothing but price gouging.

Insurance claim madeNo

Worse possible Claim Response

No policy not good value
Easy to setup
But claims worst ever seen or heard of, still chasing cheapest quote after 7 months wait just a run around
Customer support a joke keep passing buck around and not interested

Quick and Efficient

We only have contents insurance with RACQ and we unfortunatly had a total loss with my husbands hearing aids. We put the claim in only a week ago and the turn around was very quick and efficient. The consultants in the call centre were exceptional and I am glad that I have my insurance with them. Thank you!

Lyle

LyleBrisbane

Awful claim experience

Terrible experience

Juliedaniels

JuliedanielsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely satified customer

We've been insured with RACQ for many years now and over the past 6 months have had to make two claims on our household policy. One was for replacement of an air conditioner, $3,000. One was for a lost/stolen ring, $2,800. Both claims were settled quickly, with great service, and full payments. RACQ have been wonderful! Not a single problem. Premium increase was minimal. They even showed us ways to save on our premiums. I don't know if they have picked up their game since all those bad reviews, but we are never going to another insurer. Like wise our car insurance. Three claims totalling $11,000. No increase in premiums, great service! RACQ? Wouldn't be without it!

Stu

StuHervey Bay

RACQ's Lifetime Repair Guarantee

Not satisfied with the providers customer support and I would no longer recommend them to anyone because they don't honor their home and contents policy and lifetime Repair Guarantee after our roof leaked in the same location for the third time