RACQ Home Insurance

RACQ Home Insurance

1.9

Scooby Doo

Scooby DooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay clear of RACQ insurance they happy take your $$$ but don't pay up on claims

Put a claim in for storm damage to roof and internal damage water damage to ceilings. Put th ee the winger external investigation etc , hold ups ,loss of reports etc in mean time house getting more damage. Treated like a criminal thru out process. Been with RACQ for years . Golden member of RACQ.

Claim DateMarch 2020
John

JohnBrisbane

All good until you make a claim

I have made one claim with RACQ in 20 years. I have seen adds for RACQ insurance and the reality is far from the actual insurance process.
No one from RACQ visits. They send out contractors who can be rude, penny pinching and in some instances do a below par job. The claim took over 4 months to resolve. My issue is that RACQ are supposed to be member focused - RACQ insurance is not.
Beware I'd consider other options before committing.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateFebruary 2018

RACQ Claims Manager, failure to be independent!!

JImo B.
JImo B.

Oh, and the renewal has just come through. I did an apples for apples check, a leading market competitor is approx $350 cheaper. RACQ Representing the interests of the Queensland People???????

Mary

MarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Would not recommend

We lodged a claim in February for water damage to our kitchen. It is now June and still not fixed. It has been a complete nightmare back and forward with insurance builder and getting someone here. That much of a hassle would have been quicker to do it ourselves, But I would like to think that when you pay for insurance and need to use it, they help you out. this was our first ever claim and our last changing Insurance providers for sure!!

Christopher

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Zane

ZaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

Very happy and long term customer of RACQ.
My wife and I have all of our insurance policies with RACQ.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we found ourselves out of work and minimising our outgoings.
RACQ were sympathetic and made arrangements to lessen the financial burden of our policies. Very competent and friendly staff and we’ll remain loyal customers of RACQ.

rachelle

rachelleWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Kudos RACQ

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020

MaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

failure to finalise a burglary claim

Our house was burgled in mid February 2020. Repairs to house are underway, albeit slowly, but it is the failure to finalise the contents claim which is so frustrating. RACQ Insurance has had all the information, to our knowledge, for the best part of the last 8 weeks. It is now 10 weeks since the burglary occurred, how much longer for them to attend to and finalise what is in reality a very straightforward claim.

It is a waste of money.

It is a waste of money. Not useful, not helpful. My neighbour maliciously damaged my window glass, but because my excess is higher than the repair, the insurance won't do anything to cover my loss.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage

MaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disapointed

Facts upstairs shower leaked into downstairs ceiling is when first noticed rang claims was told shower repair not covered but resultant damage was. Racq trades concluded shower had leaked ok we have to fix that not a problem as it was a first instance leak. But then later on say claim denied its in the print. $3000 to repair fully the shower but now say not the resultant damage, very poor and yoy never know about insurance till you need it.
I had their trades insurance as well on another property and tenant advised leak from taps emergency i would think no they wouldnt send a tradie out said not covered bit of a joke

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Jimmy Jay

Jimmy JayAU

Best service

We have made several claims through RACQ over the years. And on every occasion they have covered our claims without delay. I cannot fault them for service and knowledge over the phone

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2016
Margaret

MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero customer service

We had insurance with this company for many years having transferred to them from RACV when leaving Victoria in 2003
We put in claim in 2013 when we had a leak from the roof onto the front deck
The leak occurred shortly after Christmas. The assessor came out quite promptly However he reported that the leak was a "building defect" and not covered by insurance- despite the fact that the house was almost 18 years old and had never leaked before!
After over 4 months of haggling with this company and the damage getting progressively worst we had it repaired a our own cost and changed insurance companies!

Claim DateJanuary 2013
Thumperpeter

Thumperpeter

Fantastic

Have calls RACQ Home Rescue a couple of times, and every time the tradesmen are courteous and good tradesmen. I can can not fault their workmanship. I would recommend RACQ HAOME rescue to anyone.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateDecember 2019
Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Computer issue takes wrong amount out of bank account

A computer problem made my house insurance come to a total of over $9000 per year and they took out $759.94 for a month's insurance!!! When I asked for the money back as it was their computers fault not mine, they stated that they didn't do that, they don't return money. I have other bills I am required to pay. I need to pay my mortgage! I can't afford for them to take out so much money. They stated the rest of the year my payments for my house and contents insurance would be halved as I have over paid. I need my money back!!! Was on hold when I stated I needed my money back and they hang up on me, a loyal member and this is how you treat your customers! Disgusting.

Claim MadeNo

It pays to belong ?... it sure does.. Pay for something I could have got for nothing!

Trade Assist Complaint Only: Reconsidering my home insurance since my call with AIZER a subcontractor for trade assist. All I wanted is advice and a possible call out to a home regarding rewiring an old home. I had phoned another well established electrician who did not charge a cent & even provided a general report. AIZER wanted to charge $165 an hour for advice. If my husband's business got RACQ work , you can bet he'd provide some complimentary call outs for estblished customers such as myself. I've been with RACQ for over 30 years. So sometimes it certainly does pay to belong .. you pay bigtime. Needless to say I won't be using TradeAssist and I will relook at our home insurance policy too.

Property TypeApartment/Unit

Pidgie

Pidgie

Check your Household Excellence Bonus - has it been applied?

Disgusted

DisgustedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy insurance from the RACQ

Claim DateMarch 2019

Still waiting for repairs to be done, now 6 months

My aunt made a claim shortly after 22 December 2018, An assessor came out 2 months after and to this date no repairs or any correspondence has happened. What could possibly take so long. My Aunt is very sick and this delay is not helping her health. Claim number HH04191966

Coverage TypeHome Only

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Contents insurance - as bad as the theives that robbed me

Earlier this year my property along with a half dozen others in the local area got robbed. Police have now caught the perps with some of our possessions. I am still battling with the most rude claims officer at racq. They have loopholes to try and not cover just about everything. Then when you get to the items their aren’t loopholes for they tell you that it’s too expensive and they don’t believe you owned it. Absolute joke. Find a better insurer!!!!

Insurance claim madeYes