RACQ Home Insurance

• <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (8)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (8)

A followup to my review yesterday "be nice"

Well, it's day 6 & my roof is repaired by yours truly. 4hrs. Some colourbond offcuts, sealant, screws, & some tar brush on stuff All from mitre10. Total cost with gst $46. + sunburn & a sore back. I have receipt. The ceiling sheet is $15 from bunnings for 2.4x1.2x10mm thick. Sheet. I expect the total repair, in & out, to be under $100 using my labour. It passed the spray pressure washer test.
So what I'm saying.... someone is making a LOT of money off everyday people for home repairs.

TimTam

TimTamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tried to get smoke alarms and failed

Called the number provided to get new smoke alarms installed in my rental property and they could not help me with a quote. Went online and provided all the information and waited for quote. Received e-mail they needed more information and had tried to call me. No missed call or message left on home phone. Called them back, waited 10 minutes until I could talk to the person who sent e-mail. He was rude and talked over me - asked me questions that were clearly stated in online application for quote. Got sick of his attitude and hung up

Left on Hold for hours

Will

WillCentral Queensland, QLD

Refused to pay out minor claim

Very disappointed in RACQ for not settling my claim waited 25 mins on hold just to speak to someone only to be told my damaged fridge will not be covered because of a technicality. Contents are covered while in transit (moving truck), but as it was loaded onto the truck it fell and since the truck was stationary they would not cover it. Been with RACQ for two years and no claims at all, but the one time I needed to rely on them, they failed. Do yourself a favour and don't waste your money with RACQ! What if you have a larger claim, be very cautious.

StuQueensland

Refused to fix solar hot water due to patio cover.

Very unhappy customer

Very unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointing - taking my business elsewhere

Hire dodgy companies for insurance inspections. Claim denied

Happy to take your Premium - Not happy to resolve any claim - BE VERY CAREFUL

Ross P.

Ross P.

Have you been driven mad by the RACQ lately?

RACQ member and policy holder 41 years - Household building claim. (Hail damage) The company used a contract builder and wanted to cash settle. Absolute crap cover!
Refused point blank. They appointed a second builder who had to be reminded of what was wrong and the damaged items. Then came the scope of works. Then the contract and surprise there were items missing from the scope of works. So many arguments and weeks wasted with this useless insurance company and their opprobrious staff that tell circumloquacious tales as excuses and are capricious in their treatment of a policy holder let alone a member. Well I have an incorrect scope of works and a contract to sign? Tried every human tactic to deal with these morons. What next?

Scooby Doo

Scooby DooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay clear of RACQ insurance they happy take your $$$ but don't pay up on claims

Put a claim in for storm damage to roof and internal damage water damage to ceilings. Put th ee the winger external investigation etc , hold ups ,loss of reports etc in mean time house getting more damage. Treated like a criminal thru out process. Been with RACQ for years . Golden member of RACQ.

John

JohnBrisbane

All good until you make a claim

I have made one claim with RACQ in 20 years. I have seen adds for RACQ insurance and the reality is far from the actual insurance process.
No one from RACQ visits. They send out contractors who can be rude, penny pinching and in some instances do a below par job. The claim took over 4 months to resolve. My issue is that RACQ are supposed to be member focused - RACQ insurance is not.
Beware I'd consider other options before committing.

RACQ Claims Manager, failure to be independent!!

JImo B.
JImo B.

Oh, and the renewal has just come through. I did an apples for apples check, a leading market competitor is approx $350 cheaper. RACQ Representing the interests of the Queensland People???????

Mary

MarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Would not recommend

We lodged a claim in February for water damage to our kitchen. It is now June and still not fixed. It has been a complete nightmare back and forward with insurance builder and getting someone here. That much of a hassle would have been quicker to do it ourselves, But I would like to think that when you pay for insurance and need to use it, they help you out. this was our first ever claim and our last changing Insurance providers for sure!!

Christopher

ChristopherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful Customer Service

Zane

ZaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

Very happy and long term customer of RACQ.
My wife and I have all of our insurance policies with RACQ.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we found ourselves out of work and minimising our outgoings.
RACQ were sympathetic and made arrangements to lessen the financial burden of our policies. Very competent and friendly staff and we’ll remain loyal customers of RACQ.

rachelle

rachelleWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Kudos RACQ

MaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

failure to finalise a burglary claim

Our house was burgled in mid February 2020. Repairs to house are underway, albeit slowly, but it is the failure to finalise the contents claim which is so frustrating. RACQ Insurance has had all the information, to our knowledge, for the best part of the last 8 weeks. It is now 10 weeks since the burglary occurred, how much longer for them to attend to and finalise what is in reality a very straightforward claim.

It is a waste of money.

It is a waste of money. Not useful, not helpful. My neighbour maliciously damaged my window glass, but because my excess is higher than the repair, the insurance won't do anything to cover my loss.

MaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disapointed

Facts upstairs shower leaked into downstairs ceiling is when first noticed rang claims was told shower repair not covered but resultant damage was. Racq trades concluded shower had leaked ok we have to fix that not a problem as it was a first instance leak. But then later on say claim denied its in the print. $3000 to repair fully the shower but now say not the resultant damage, very poor and yoy never know about insurance till you need it.
I had their trades insurance as well on another property and tenant advised leak from taps emergency i would think no they wouldnt send a tradie out said not covered bit of a joke

Jimmy Jay

Jimmy JayAU

Best service

We have made several claims through RACQ over the years. And on every occasion they have covered our claims without delay. I cannot fault them for service and knowledge over the phone