3.5

Job Satisfaction
4.2

Ali
Ali

Not good, you may need to sleep in your car waiting

Called up and gave estimated time within the hour. Called after waiting over an hour and advised shouldn’t be far. Then called back again and advised they cannot get hold of the driver and have been trying too. So ended up having to catch a taxi home after waiting over 2 hours.
Dipak
DipakMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts

Poorest telephone service

Rang to update membership details, was held for 20 minutes before I chose to receive a call back without losing my position in the queue. Received an automated return call after another 20 minutes and was held again for 20 minutes before a real person spoke to me. They need more staff to cover their telephone service. No idea why they had to return my call when they had no one to speak to me.
Job Satisfaction
visitor 3557
visitor 3557Hobart, TAS2 posts

Mark S.
Mark S.Hobart, TAS

I contacted roadside assistance this morning stating I was inneed of a new battery for my vehicle, the lady on the phone was amazing her customer service was outstanding to say, the battery was replaced at my address within the hour, the service man couldn't have done enough, so happy with the outcome
Membership well spent
Mark Stalker
Roslyn W.
Roslyn W.Hobart, TAS

RACT guy saves the car and the marriage

I turned too sharply at the bottom of our very steep drive and wedged the car on a concrete ledge. My husband thought we’d have to get it towed from the top of the drive and that the car would probably be wrecked. The AMAZING (and calm) RACT guy turned up in 15 minutes, asked if we had a few bricks, jacked it up and in 10 minutes the car was off the ledge and the marriage saved. I didn’t get his name but the red-headed RACT guy who came to West Moonah is my hero and I am forever grateful. Thank you RACV!
netmedic
netmedicDevonport48 posts

DaleHobart, TAS4 posts
brett s.
brett s.

SHAME ON YOU RACT

My wife passed away in November 2021 and it was a further 7 months before I was able to finalise her affairs. My wife's RACT membership continued to be paid until then at which time I sought a refund. RACT refused to repay the fee even though no service and therefore no costs were incurred. SHAME ON YOU RACT
Ignacio D.
Ignacio D.

It is just amazing good

From the call for help, through the mechanic and later on the towing service , I just can’t believe how good is the service, the best customer service I ever have got in Australia , thousands of start for you guys !
Susan Mckenzie
Susan MckenzieHobart5 posts

Absolutely amazing service

We broke down in our vehicle called ract on a public holiday they were here well under an hour the lovely young man was very helpful and we are now on the road again thanks for your help ract we are so happy we joined a number of years ago wouldn't be without our membership that's for sure thankyou again
Andrew
AndrewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Could not be happier

RACT roadside has saved me more times than I can count. They never take too long to get out to me and I’ve always had a good experience with the mechanics they send out. Special shout-out to Tim who works the hobart area. I’ve had him sent out to me twice and each time he went above and beyond with his service. Top bloke.
William smith
William smith

Doing you a favour

Have been a long time member
Yesterday car had a puncture in a public car park
It was there as I was in hospital for treatment
My wife reported incident to ract
She was told that the member had to be present for help
From ract but they would do me a favour and send someone out
Which they did.
Not good enough
William
Loraine
LoraineHobart, TAS5 posts

Excellent Service!

Quick phone response, kept me informed of when to expect the mechanic's arrival, quick and accurate diagnosis with clear and helpful suggestions. Tow truck arrived on time and all round friendly but professional assistance. I felt confident that I would be looked after.
Martin CorkeNorth-West & West coast, TAS7 posts

Great Service!

In view of long distances between service centres I decided to join the Ultimate option and glad I did. My car need dealer expertise and was transported from Sheffield to Launceston. Had I not been a member it would have cost $350. Thanks RACT
smok