RAC Roadside Assistance

• Job Satisfaction
Chris Kelly

Chris KellyPerth, WA

Towing issue

I am totally happy with RAC service but not as satisfied with towing service used today
He constantly suggested my car needed to be pushed to his truck and despite easy access he said he couldn’t get my car from ramped car park - with assistance from family and car park stranger eventually is was transported
He seemed to be wasting time
Meant to use RAC towing tomorrow for repairs but will probably use another service

Roadside assistance

Thankyou for your assistance to get car started at the night time ASAP, Msged me saying assistance is on way,clicked engine over and good to go as long as keep engine going for 30mins.
Absolute Hero’s superb knowledge and confident attitude.
THANKYOU very much

Syl

SylPerth, WA

Thanks Sean or Shaun.

Visiting Albany. Had a suspected flat battery at doctors. Advised help would be one hour. Shaun arrived in 20 mins and was not upset at all on me being repaired and ready to roll. Was flat battery on my key (not my car). He even wished us a good night, what a gem. Thanks Sean

Roadside Assistance Providers

Find out how RAC Roadside Assistance compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

audible

audiblePerth, WA

Pay top dollar, get lousy service when you need it

Janice W.

Janice W.Perth, WA

Persistence and Patience

slow_cooker

slow_cookerPerth, WA

Ridiculously slow

Left car lights on. Spent $200 on RAC roadside assistance and waited 2 hours for a jumpstart. Cancelled and ended up getting an airtasker who showed up in 15 mins.

Don't trust them!

I bought car insurance and got a coupon for a $50 discount for Roadside assistance which has not been applied at the end of the day. They've confirmed that the discount has been applied manually but actually it has not. They've got a system error which I paid for. Roadside assistance is not refundable at all so they cannot refund me this $50 discount back. Good for them! Tricky and unfair company.

Dave

DaveWestern Australia

Just a terrible company

Quite happy to capitalise on your misfortune during a breakdown situation. Almost over double the cost for signing up on the spot and somehow this is acceptable behaviour from a company still.
Complete fabrication of information and will happily rub it in your face if you have no power to rebut it. I was told that if I get towing after hours I could take the car home and (with the additional towing costs) and they have it towed to a repair shop during staffed hours at no cost to me. So either the mechanics get misinformed, they lie, or the company lies, either way it doesnt look good. Cancelled already. Went to Mycar.

Teaspoon

TeaspoonPerth, WA

Awesome!!!!

RAC thank you so much!! today somehow I managed to lock my car with bag and keys inside. I have no idea how?? but then went into a panic because my Dog Beamish was inside with all windows shut!! thank god it was not sunny but I was panicking. I phoned the RAC and they were fantastic they made it high priority and a guy was there in 20mins. the RAC phoned me twice to keep me posted. Beamish is home safe and sound now but
I just want to let everyone know amazing the RAC were and thank them for their understanding and kindness.

Excellent service

Broken down (transmission) 29k the other side of Penong. Had several conversation with recovery centre and cannot thank Katherine, Sally and Naomi enough for their assistance in getting us to the closest Jeep service centre which was in Adelaide. Never travel without Ultimate plus cover.

TAMC

TAMCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fees for no service

This year, I forgot to pay for RACWA Roadside Assistance, which was due at the end of March. I realized it wasn't paid at the end of June when the car failed to start. I paid the account online immediately and phoned RACWA the next day asking for roadside assistance to get the car going. They told me I would have to pay an additional $100 even though my annual payment had been backdated to the end of March.
Isn't that fees for no service???
I will switch to another roadside assistance provider when the current cover lapses (March next year).

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Saved me a lot of times

Never had an issue.
I pay my yearly fee and forget about it.
If something does go wrong i have peace of mind if i am away from home.
Would recommend to those of us less mechanically minded.

Ranj

Ranj

Questionable roadside assistance

Had a flat battery in the middle of CBD. Waited an hour and half and called again. It seems the mechanic had additional 3 jobs ahead of me and will take additional an hour and half. It seems I could get it towed, which would need an hour wait time. What happens if you stuck in remote location? Will you ever get help?
In my case finally battery world helped.
Somehow I feel I was put behind because I denied buying the battery.

Mr S

Mr SPerth, WA

Rip off

My partner had a flat battery in her car recently, rang on our roadside assistance. They quoted me $290 to come around and put in a battery for a little 4 cylinder hatchback. What do I pay roadside assistance for? To make things cheaper? I got a battery with correct specifications for $129 and had it picked up and fitted in 20mins. Do I need to find another roadside assistance provider? Yes

Leon AND Christine

Leon AND ChristinePerth

RAC Shaun Karratha

Just wanted to again thank Shaun RAC brakedown service Karratha . I had a problem with the battery in my Nissan Pathfinder and Shaun from the RAC came and helped me . My family and I were 1600 kms from home and he was efficient , friendly and knowledgable . He organised a new battery , fitted it , fixed the problem and had the the best attitude . Thanks mate appreciated Leon .

Coco

Coco

Terrible service, go to another company for better service and price

RAC are more expensive than any other roadside assist. Customer service is terrible and when you complain
costomer service say "thank you for your feedback". Don't care.

Ike

IkePerth, WA

All They Can Say IS Thank You For Your Patience

Standing on the street waiting for a tow truck for 2 hours. It is not acceptable. Switched to another service provider straight after this. The other one is cheaper and provides free tow up to 50K. Good bye RAC, You're very disappointing.

Gerry

GerryWestern Australia

selling battery to my wife when nothing wrong with existing one

I been a member for 33 years I placed a review about 2 weeks ago and is not there anymore I really disappointed and will leave when renewals come due they will lose 2 roadsides + one car insurance

Roadside Assistance RequestedYes

The worst experience I have ever had

I’ve been told the tow truck will coming within an hour, but didn’t come. When I called them back they said there has no records in their system, and have to wait for another 40mins.

Great and quick service

Phoned for assistance and within 15 mins. the mechanic arrived.She, April, could not have been more helpful.She explained in laymans terms what she was doing and why she was doing it. Also gave me a few tips to help in the future. Brilliant service.