NRMA Roadside Assistance

NRMA Roadside Assistance

CarolynSydney Surrounds, NSW

Grateful

We broke down on a very steep mountain, Mount Ousley Wollongong, with our caravan behind us. Thankful my husband was able to pull over in an emergency bay halfway up the mountain. The NRMA arrived 30 minutes after notification. The patrolman 851 Vince, proceeded to diagnose our problem with our car which was a new radiator or thermostat as it had over heated. He arranged our car to be towed & caravan to the nearest service centre & also arranged for us to get a hire car. Vince was extremely friendly, helpful & very professional. We felt we were in good hands & we can`t thank him enough.

Thanks Paul
I am extremely happy with NRMA & my whole experience made easier. Thanks Carolyn

my n.MyNRMA

That's so great to hear Carolyn. We really love hearing that :) Thanks for being an NRMA Member.

Great Service

Flat battery, mechanic Fraser, Tweed Heads was here within 40 minutes very friendly & professional. Even put water in the car & checked other concerns in the motor for me.
Anne Maree Rynehart

my n.MyNRMA

Thanks so much for your kind words Anne Maree. Glad we could help. We are here if you need us again. - Paul

stitoSydney, NSW

For new members stay away from NRMA!

I called for help ..the patrol man was unprofessional .. he was yelling at me at the front of niebour !
He was rude and arrogant .he was telling me that the car doesn't start because of crampshaft sensor !but the problem was Immobilizer !!!!

Appreciated

Motor home broke down so we were essentially stranded until mechanic could source and fit part. We were members of the Premium Plus roadside cover and very glad we were. We explained are situation and they sorted out our transport and accommodation for us after asking a few questions and confirming our answers. Exceptional service dealing with lovely people. Thank you Lisa :)

Syed Ahmed

Syed AhmedSydney, NSW

Unprofessional at its best

Been a nightmare experience with NRMA roadside assist. I had a tow service booked in at 4pm, I called multiple times the day before to change it to 5pm or 430pm.. as I needed to travel quite far to get the car ready to be towed.
They said they can't do it., and if I am late the tow truck won't wait for me..
Hearing that , I had to rush to my car, and left it on a very inconvenient place to towed at 4pm .
And after 1.5hr of waiting the tow car showed up at 530pm.
This is just unbelievable.

GarrySydney, NSW

What has happened to the service aspect of NRMA roadside assistance?

my n.MyNRMA

Thanks for the info Garry. It is strange that the battery was not replaced at the time of our patrol and that the test results did not confirm a failure. If you can please send through your vehicle rego, we can look into this further. - Paul

John Parker

John ParkerSydney, NSW

good service

GazSydney, NSW

NRMA money grab using the GVM for towing rule.

Hi Paul,
I have sent the information regarding my families membership as you requested via the NRMA logo connection.
Regards

Davis J.

Davis J.Mid North Coast, NSW

Callouts

On the rare occasions that I have needed my roadside service, I have found nrma to be easy to deal with and have been happy with their service so far..

sami

samiSydney, NSW

NRMA IS Not the Company you can trust!

After 7 years member I'm Feeling very dispointed - been letting down badly from NRMA due to my lost of car keys ! I didn't get any help !! I'm covered for key cut plus Wich is the biggest lie !

my n.MyNRMA

So slow to answer phone and send patrol

Wish you would bother to process calls more quickly. It's very frustrating 35mins on phone. Hung up on on transfer then have to dial back, wait again. Could you answer calls more promptly

MMG
MMG

Was GOLD, now feeling BLUE

After decades of working my way up to gold membership and any benefits that come with it, I now get a renewal for a Blue membership. Look online and see anyone joining for the first time is also a blue member. What was the point of years of contributing to this organisation?

MELISSASydney, NSW

Unfair Service

Hi, had a flat battery on Monday...Needed roadside assistance......Called nrma as they are the only ones I know of...Was no longer a member.....Far enough I had to join....Was thinking it would be the $120 basic yearly rate. Was charged $304 + $184 for battery. I feel like they took advantage at me being desperate for help...Happy to pay for battery and one year mship ..Why does a new member have to have to wait 48 hours before they can use road service???

Carl

CarlIllawarra, NSW

47 yrs with The orginal NRMA (Gold Member) "Exclusive Gold Member benefits" (This is a Laugh)

Sam

SamSydney Surrounds, NSW

Lack of service and knowledge

I have been a member for many year and recently had to call for roadside assistance. Turns out to be a flat battery. Was told I could be jump started so I could get to work and then I should call NRMA batteries for a new battery when I get to work. Was given two prices for a new battery. When I arrived at work I called NRMA batteries and was quoted the cheaper battery. When the service person arrived with NRMA batteries he proceeded to tell me that there was not stock of the cheaper battery and offered the more expensive. Arrrrgh. Seriously what was I suppose to do. I was stuck. Roadside robbery more like it.

my n.MyNRMA

Merged with someone else’s file!!

Mel

MelSydney, NSW

Fantastic service!

I had to call the NRMA for a battery replacement this morning - my call was handled exceptionally well by Marie; businesslike & professional, with a clear empathy for my situation. Rob arrived well within the estimated time, and was absolutely fantastic - it was very apparent that he was very skilled and knowledgeable, but he was also very personable- I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation I had with Rob, and I choose to remain an NRMA member.

Omar E.

Omar E.Sydney, NSW

Recent experience

I’ve been an NRMA member for 20 years. Recently had my car towed to my mechanic first tow was complimentary. When the tow was arranged I enquired about the cost of a return tow and was told that the mechanic was 2.6 kms from my address and based on that the cost would be $80.00. When I did call back to book the tow, I was told it would cost $130.00. When I quizzed further, I was told that’s what the computer said.

Gurto

GurtoMid North Coast, NSW

If I could rate Zero 0 - I would !

george o neil

george o neilIllawarra, NSW

fuel mistake

Having stopped at a woolworths servo in Charters towers, i accidentally added about 23 litres of super petrol to the tank of my diesel powered motorhome. After realizing my problem i contacted RACQ and they contacted NRMA to confirm my details ,having been a member for just on 62 years i was most grateful that i have my car covered but not the motorhome .Having such a long membership NR,MA allowed my vehicle to be towed to a location where i was able to empty the contaminated tank . The towing was covered for a small fee as the tow truck had to travel from Townsville over 130 kms away.A very satisfactory outcome, my next move is to cover my motorhome with road service.

Emma M.

Emma M.asked

How do I cancel my Roadside assist? I bought a new car and sold my old one. The dealership has already gotten roadside assist for my vehicle so I don't want to pay again if I'm already getting it for the first few years free.

my n.MyNRMA

Hello Emma. Apologies for the delay here. Our Membership team would be best to speak with to discuss your options, as we may be able to suspend coverage. Please reach out to the team on 13 11 22 ( 8am - 8pm ) 7 days. - Paul

Geoff

Geoffasked

Hi

i get 20klm free towing with my membership. But the car needs to be towed 28klm. how much extra will I have to pay?

Geoff

my n.MyNRMA

Hi Geoff, Thanks for your question. Depending on your breakdown location will determine the towing benefit that is provided as well as the problem with the vehicle. The easiest way to confirm your entitlements and if there are any excess charges is over the phone on 13 11 11. Cheers, Paul

Sharon Y.

Sharon Y.asked

How many free tows (under 20kms) do you get per yearly membership with Classic Care?

Gaz

That’s a good question Sharon, when I read their advertising they only state Classic covers you for tows up to 20km but they don’t specify if there is a limit.
Although one would assume they will pull out a “fine print” somewhere to put an extra cost on the member at some stage in towing that exceeds a magical limit.

my n.MyNRMA

Hello Sharon, Thanks for your question. There is not a specific number of tows that are available under any of our Membership packages, however we offer one tow per mechanical breakdown. For example, if your vehicle was broken down due to a fuel pump issue and was towed to a mechanic or home, a second tow would not be covered as the issue has not been repaired. Keep in mind that the 20kms free towing applies in metropolitan areas, with a free tow back to the attending town in regional areas to ensure a vehicle can reach a workshop. As Gaz has mentioned there are excess charges for additional kms, after the 20kms free. For a comprehensive guide to your coverage, check out the terms and conditions guide, which is available via our website. If you need any further help, please get in touch. Cheers, Paul

Get an answer from our members and MyNRMA representatives

CategoryRoadside Assistance