NRMA Roadside Assistance

• Job Satisfaction

Sherlock

SherlockAU

Not happy with NRMA Roadside Assistance

The service from the guys that come out is great but the administration side is a disgrace.
I transferred the membership after my mother passed away. Correct form was submitted.
Instead of transferring it they cancelled it and I was left needing to get overnight accommodation when headlight bulbs blew out. They sent an email to my deceased mother thanking her for cancelling it.
Now they actually put it in my name I have the same vehicle listed twice with different options.
Form I completed clearly said that loyalty would be transferred to me and I acknowledged that by signing that section and now they tell me it can only be transferred to a spouse. So much for the loyalty we have shown. Sole carer and principle driver for 18 years.

Jaqui

JaquiNicholls 2913, ACT

Service with a smile

Travelling through country NSW, I experienced a rear tyre failure. The serviceman from the NRMA was a welcome sight. He promptly accessed my predicament, effectively carried out the change of the wheel and advised me of the limits of the space saver wheel. The episode just reinforced the need to belong to the NRMA and why I’ve been a continuous member for 48 years.

julie

julieSydney, NSW

A very Kind Patrolman

After accidently leaving my lights on all day in Albion Park i got into the car to drive to Sydney only to find my battery was flat. I called NRMA and within 10 minutes a patrolman was there to help me. His name was Michael and he was genuinely kind and very good at his job. He had me going really quickly. I cannot speak highly enough of this young man

Roadside Assistance Providers

Find out how NRMA Roadside Assistance compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

Welcome sight on a hot day

Stuck on the Kidman Way, luckily with reception, spoke to a very courteous service rep who booked a service call, within 45 mins back on the road again. Excellent stuff.

Lee-Anne

Lee-AnneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Forever glad I kept my membership current, even though I hadn't used it for quite a while.

I was very happy with the assistance I received from the customer service representative who spoke very clearly and understood my problem to then the booking of the call.
I was equally grateful to have a very polite and knowledgeable patrolman who rendered his assistance and knowledge, and kindly fixed my problem, quickly and efficiently.

Bev

BevSydney, NSW

Roadside assistance is a must.

Michael P.

Michael P.Chisholm 2905, ACT

Excellent service

I had a brake failure and needed the car transported back to my home where my mechanic would repair it. The service was quick and efficient and also took me home.

Andrew G

Andrew GSydney, NSW

Feel protected

I've been with NRMA Road Assist and have used their help for a few years on different occasions - dead battery, leaking fuel, can't star car etc. This is really worth the money paid - so much important to have the protection when stuff happens - and it does happen!

Helen

HelenKambah 2902, ACT

Great Service

I am a dialysis patient and was at my treatment when another patient arrived and said I had a flat tyre. I waited til near the end of my treatment to call. Explained the situation and the lady I spoke to could not have been more pleasant, kind and helpful. She had the roadside assistance turn up in 5 minutes. I was still being treated. He called and told me he could pump up my tyre to get me safely home. He also advised me to take my tyre to a tyre place as soon as I could. By the time I could get out of the health centre to my car it was all done. I got the tyre repaired the next day. Thank you for such fantastic service.

JillSydney, NSW

KNIGHTS IN SHING ARMOUR

Saved again by the always helpful, always friendly service men (or women) from NRMA Roadside assistance. I think they are one of the best services you can have and wouldn't risk being with it. Although it doesn't happen often anymore, when you breakdown, ring the NRMA!

Jill

Can you fix the mistake in the title. Knights in Shining Armour! Please before publishing.

Marian

MarianSydney Surrounds, NSW

Battery

Battery was extremely expensive. No choice except to get a stop start battery which I did not need on an old car. Paying $449 for a battery was a rip off and waste of money. Will not buy a battery from you in future.

Wouldn't be without it.

Once again I had to call for roadside assistance. The patrol member was prompt and courteous. I'm never made to feel silly when I ask questions about my vehicle, they are very knowledgeable.

mother

motherSydney, NSW

Bonza batteries

The phone operator went patiently through all my options of joining or not joining NRMA for a call out for our second car (had no membership for second car), which wasn't starting. We decided to go ahead. And when the roadside service arrived (yes, it was a flat battery), the mechanic was professional and cheerful. And unbelievably, the old battery was an NRMA one (the cheapest type), which had lasted over EIGHT years!

Ron

RonSydney, NSW

Very Helpful

I was parked at the rear of a local shopping centre. My van would not start due to a flat battery. I have owned the vehicle since new, and the battery hadn't been replaced. Service tech arrived much earlier that the time given, which certainly suited me. Extremely courteous and helpful. He had a battery onboard, job done and off I went. Great job by the whole NRMA team. Thank you!

Claira Hart

Claira HartSydney, NSW

Worth the cost of membership!

NRMA have been professional & extremely efficient in assisting in all areas from membership queries, to servicing, to roadside assist.
The savings associated with being a member is just a bonus compared to the peace of mind of knowing there’s always help around the corner.
Cannot recommend them enough!

Fantastic

I required 2 call outs yesterday. The first guy couldn't tell me what was wrong, just charged battery and left. Second BRAD the changed battery and now everything is Fantastic! He was amazing! I cannot recommend Brad enough!
Thanks, I need the car for work so you saved me bug time! [=

Amazing help

I broke down on a very busy highway my car just died, smoke was coming out of the bonnet I thought it might catch on fire, roadside tuned up and I was up and going again in less than an hour.

James

James

The Perfect Response

It was only a flat tyre but the entire experience was first class; especially the knowledgeable and affable patrolman who turned up within 10 minutes on a busy Sunday afternoon.

Jenny

Jenny

Wonderful service - as usual.

In over 25 years of using NRMA roadside assistance they have never let me down and last week they arrived, solved the problem with their great equipment [a jack to lift a van that was in a difficult position] in their usual positive cheerful way. Great organisation!

Malcolm

MalcolmNorthern Region, NSW

Excellent roadside service

Benjamin

Benjamin asked

Do NRMA patrolmen get commission from selling car batteries?

mynrma teamMyNRMA

Hello Benjamin, Our trained technicians do not currently receive commission from selling an NRMA Battery. They do however ensure they follow correct steps by testing the battery and vehicle charging system to ensure an accurate reading is offered on the condition of the battery, This report cannot be changed, and our team will recommend a replacement if the battery has failed our testing. We've responded to your original question, but again our team are happy to look into your concerns if you would like to discuss further - Paul

Benjamin

Benjamin asked

My car battery went flat from inactivity. A NRMA patrolman came and jump started the car. He did some test and said if the battery was good the number on his machine would show in the 20s but mine was around 17 so I went with a battery replacement. I feel like I could of held off on the replacement and the battery had more life to it if I drove it to charge it up?

mynrma teamMyNRMA

Hello Benjamin, Thanks for your question .Depending on the state of your existing battery and age, a jump start and driving to recharge may not always work if the battery is on it's last legs. You may also find if you are using your vehicle less or only taking short drives, your battery is also not getting enough time to recharge, which can also reduce the lifespan of your battery.

Jumpstarting and driving can help with recharging your battery, but there also may be an underlying issue causing the battery to fail, which may mean you could breakdown once again. Whilst we offer a battery service, with free delivery forNRMA Members, there is no obligation to purchase our products, however we understand the convenience of coming to you.

If you are concerned that an error or misdiagnosis was made here ,we can certainly ensure your callout is reviewed further. Feel free to send through a message by clicking on our logo with your Membership # and contact details so our team can get in touch. - Paul

JayL

JayLasked

Hi,
I recently used roadside assistance to have my car towed to the mechanics due to it breaking down.
This mechanic has been very unhelpful and pushy to remove our car but we have no idea how to get it from this mechanic shop to another.
We have found someone to deal with our car, but can we use NrMA roadside towing (I have 50km travel), from one mechanic to another location ?

mynrma teamMyNRMA

Hello JayL, Sorry to hear that the mechanic has not been very helpful with repairing your vehicle. I am afraid that we only offer one free tow per mechanical issue and if towing to another workshop, there would be a charge to do so as this is an exclusion under the Membership. If you are after a quote, please call our roadside team on 13 11 11. - Paul

Get an answer from our members and MyNRMA representatives