NRMA Roadside Assistance

NRMA Roadside Assistance

tappy

tappy

Excellent service and assistance

My thanks to the two Port Macquarie servicemen who assisted us. After an accident my wife's car had 2 damaged tyres. I called and was helped by the lady on the phone who took me through the steps involved. Within an hour of the call, one van had arrived, assessed the issue, called for the truck which arrived within 10 minutes. He then called a number of local tyre retailers to see what was available and allowed me to make an informed decision. The truck driver carefully loaded and unloaded the car at the tyre business. Great prompt and friendly service from the crew at Port Macquarie roadside service.

my n.MyNRMA

Fantastic service from start to finish

We recently had car problems while on holidays. Being 900kms from home didn't help the issue. A call to Premium Care had the Mechanic looking at our vehicle inside half an hour. When it was obvious we wouldn't be driving our car home, another call to a wonderful lady, Sue, had a hire car organised as well as an hour long taxi ride to pick up our ride and transport to take our car home. The whole process was a credit to NRMA Premium Care. Our car was safely transported home. We received phone calls during the whole process to let us know what was happening. Couldn't be happier.

Iris Q.

Iris Q.Sydney, NSW

Worse experience ever! Waited 2.5 hrs and still waiting!

My car broke down on Oxford street in Paddington this morning and called NRMA straight away and got told the patrol will come asap within 2 hrs.

Followed up 1 hr later, no updates. After 2 hrs, still no updates. I have to take the kids to lunch and my husband was waiting in the car.

After 2.5 hrs, I called and was told there is a delay and it should come within 15-20 minutes. While I am writing this review. A message came thru, it said it should arrive in the next 30 minutes!

After all, the total waiting time today is 3hrs!! Well done NRMA! This is beyond ridiculous!

So disappointed!

Grateful Customer

Grateful CustomerRichmond-Tweed, NSW

customer for over 30 years

Having been a customer for over 30 years I have called your service numerous times and always found the roadside assistants to be polite, knowledgeable and helpful. They must be well trained.

my n.MyNRMA

Thanks so much for being an NRMA Member for such a long time. We appreciate your loyalty and also love the compliment too. We are here if you need us again.

Premium care coverage disappointing

Rosie

PS to make matters worse, the tyre is ruined & none in stock to replace so now were stuck overnight 300+ kms away from home again!!! Useless policy NRMA

my n.MyNRMA

Hi Rosie, I'm really sorry to hear you had this experience. Can you please message your Member number so we can investigate and call you to discuss? Best wishes, Dan

Roadside Assistance

My car required urgent attention on the 15.10.19 and I just wanted to say how lovely the NRMA guy was, and also the tow truck driver. They both went out of their way to help me, and I just wanted to show my appreciation. Even the lady whose house I broke down in front of came out and offered me a drink. So thankyou to you too.

CarolynSydney Surrounds, NSW

Grateful

We broke down on a very steep mountain, Mount Ousley Wollongong, with our caravan behind us. Thankful my husband was able to pull over in an emergency bay halfway up the mountain. The NRMA arrived 30 minutes after notification. The patrolman 851 Vince, proceeded to diagnose our problem with our car which was a new radiator or thermostat as it had over heated. He arranged our car to be towed & caravan to the nearest service centre & also arranged for us to get a hire car. Vince was extremely friendly, helpful & very professional. We felt we were in good hands & we can`t thank him enough.

Thanks Paul
I am extremely happy with NRMA & my whole experience made easier. Thanks Carolyn

my n.MyNRMA

That's so great to hear Carolyn. We really love hearing that :) Thanks for being an NRMA Member.

Great Service

Flat battery, mechanic Fraser, Tweed Heads was here within 40 minutes very friendly & professional. Even put water in the car & checked other concerns in the motor for me.
Anne Maree Rynehart

my n.MyNRMA

Thanks so much for your kind words Anne Maree. Glad we could help. We are here if you need us again. - Paul

stitoSydney, NSW

For new members stay away from NRMA!

I called for help ..the patrol man was unprofessional .. he was yelling at me at the front of niebour !
He was rude and arrogant .he was telling me that the car doesn't start because of crampshaft sensor !but the problem was Immobilizer !!!!

Appreciated

Motor home broke down so we were essentially stranded until mechanic could source and fit part. We were members of the Premium Plus roadside cover and very glad we were. We explained are situation and they sorted out our transport and accommodation for us after asking a few questions and confirming our answers. Exceptional service dealing with lovely people. Thank you Lisa :)

Syed Ahmed

Syed AhmedSydney, NSW

Unprofessional at its best

Been a nightmare experience with NRMA roadside assist. I had a tow service booked in at 4pm, I called multiple times the day before to change it to 5pm or 430pm.. as I needed to travel quite far to get the car ready to be towed.
They said they can't do it., and if I am late the tow truck won't wait for me..
Hearing that , I had to rush to my car, and left it on a very inconvenient place to towed at 4pm .
And after 1.5hr of waiting the tow car showed up at 530pm.
This is just unbelievable.

GarrySydney, NSW

What has happened to the service aspect of NRMA roadside assistance?

my n.MyNRMA

Thanks for the info Garry. It is strange that the battery was not replaced at the time of our patrol and that the test results did not confirm a failure. If you can please send through your vehicle rego, we can look into this further. - Paul

John Parker

John ParkerSydney, NSW

good service

GazSydney, NSW

NRMA money grab using the GVM for towing rule.

Hi Paul,
I have sent the information regarding my families membership as you requested via the NRMA logo connection.
Regards

Davis J.

Davis J.Mid North Coast, NSW

Callouts

On the rare occasions that I have needed my roadside service, I have found nrma to be easy to deal with and have been happy with their service so far..

sami

samiSydney, NSW

NRMA IS Not the Company you can trust!

After 7 years member I'm Feeling very dispointed - been letting down badly from NRMA due to my lost of car keys ! I didn't get any help !! I'm covered for key cut plus Wich is the biggest lie !

my n.MyNRMA

So slow to answer phone and send patrol

Wish you would bother to process calls more quickly. It's very frustrating 35mins on phone. Hung up on on transfer then have to dial back, wait again. Could you answer calls more promptly

MMG
MMG

Was GOLD, now feeling BLUE

After decades of working my way up to gold membership and any benefits that come with it, I now get a renewal for a Blue membership. Look online and see anyone joining for the first time is also a blue member. What was the point of years of contributing to this organisation?

MELISSASydney, NSW

Unfair Service

Hi, had a flat battery on Monday...Needed roadside assistance......Called nrma as they are the only ones I know of...Was no longer a member.....Far enough I had to join....Was thinking it would be the $120 basic yearly rate. Was charged $304 + $184 for battery. I feel like they took advantage at me being desperate for help...Happy to pay for battery and one year mship ..Why does a new member have to have to wait 48 hours before they can use road service???

Carl

CarlIllawarra, NSW

47 yrs with The orginal NRMA (Gold Member) "Exclusive Gold Member benefits" (This is a Laugh)

alexko2010

alexko2010asked

I would like to know my car insurance rego so that I can give it to my company as a reference. Thanks !
My car is : Mazda 3 sedan BTC 23T

my n.MyNRMA

Hello Alexko, Thanks for your question. If you are in need of your insurance information, please reach out to NRMA Insurance via 132 132. If we can help with roadside assistance or if you have a Membership, please give us a call on 13 11 22. - Paul

alexko2010

alexko2010asked

How can I review my car insurance online ?

my n.MyNRMA

Hello Alexko. If you are looking for insurance, head to nrma.com.au or phone 132 132. - Paul

John Fox

John Foxasked

Jeep have their own version of roadside assist
This seems exactly the same as NRMA's.
Is there any point having both?

my n.MyNRMA

Hello John, Thanks for your question. There are certainly lots of different providers out there, and in this case, assistance is provided by Allianz on behalf of Jeep. We cannot speak for their coverage and vehicles, but we do know that NRMA has the largest network of vehicles, meaning we can get to our Members soon. We also do not have any restrictions on the location of where a vehicle is towed, and not to a dealership but instead within the towing benefits ( 50kms Aus wide for Premium Care, 20km towing in metro for Classic Care in metro areas). We also offer unlimited callouts, and do not have a charge in place after 5 callouts in comparison, nor do we charge additional costs if a vehicle is attended when a provider arrives.

The biggest, outside from our services, benefits and discounts is that we're the only Member owned, which means our services are focused to help our Members and we constantly look to how we can improve further. We're also a strong advocacy group representing our Members on local and government issues as well as taking a leading role in the rollout of one of the biggest EV fast charger networks.

If you do have roadside already with another provider, we also offer a benefits only Membership for $60 which unlocks access to 1000's of benefits and discounts too. If you would like more info on our services to help make your mind up, please give us a call on 13 11 22. - Paul

Get an answer from our members and MyNRMA representatives