RACV Home & Contents

• 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (11)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (11) · No (17)

Joey H.

Joey H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No recommended

If I have option I give no stars at all,no recommended,bad service bad experience.
Take 2 minutes to inspect damage then took one month make a decision that property not been insurances.

Janet

JanetGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Buying RACV home insurance Is money wasting

I have RACV home insurance for years. I has never get a successful claim. The RACV always has excuses to reject the claims. You will never win. During COVID 19 pandemic RACV carried out my home repair which lasted several months then stopped the repair on the half way which made a very difficult living conditions to the tenants and finally forced tenants moved out. As a result, I lost thousands rental income and finally I repaired the home at my won costs. RACV insurance is a money collecting scam. You will spen money for nothing. Better to repair home yourself! It's much cheaper than buying years premium.

Ali D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

RACV greatly appreciated

after 4 week racv aproved my claim i have been with them for 20 years and still going on. honesty and integrity will always win thank you racv for helping me with my claim

Dave Mac

unprofessional and unresponsive

Michael012

Michael012Melbourne

Significant premium increases

Have had combined RACV Home and Contents Insurance on our family home for over 30 years. Only made several small claims in the past. No recent claims but premiums have increased significantly in the last few years without any proper explanation.

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Service is so poor

I am so incredibly frustrated with RACV's claims department. I lodged a claim on behalf of my deceased mum as her Executor on the 1st of July. I have continously had to follow up RACV, which most of the time I do not get a response. I was informed that someone was finalising the claim, but once again have heard nothing and I am again following up. It is difficult managing a property claim normally, but even harder when it is on behalf of my deceased mum. Some urgency by RACV would be greatly appreciated.

Max sahil

Max sahilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fusion policy for home and content is a joke.

Appalling customer service and poor quality work

After taking over 140 days just to get a permit. The project managed didn't manage the project. The trades caused damage to things undamaged in the fire and resisted demands to repair then botched the repair. The RACV ignored several formal complaints. Currently with the AFCA.

Find out how RACV Home & Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

The only winner is the CEO of the RACV.

Over the last 3yrs or so we've submitted 4 claims and all of them were rejected, insurance policies are designed in such a way that they will only cover things that are least likely to go wrong.
Hard working people are bassically "donating" money to insurance companies so that CEO's can live a life of luxury and I urge everyone to complain to the ombudsman and lodge a dispute with VCAT because these people need to be investigated for the rip-off merchants that they are.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Sharon

SharonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Goodbye after 26 years

I am a gold member who has been with RACV since 1994. I have my home, contents, 2 cars and roadside assist with them. Until today. I quit.
[name removed]'s complete lack of customer service, RACV's increasing costs for less return and lack of interest finally beat me.
I have taken all my insurances across to AAMI.
I don't expect RACV to care as I am just another number but I will be telling anyone who listens to take their business and money elsewhere.

A distraught Insured

A distraught InsuredGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If there is an option to rate "0" I would do so! Think about 4 months suffering in leaking bedrooms!

William

WilliamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RACV: Home and contents Insurance, unfinished business

Ann

AnnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't be a fool and fall for their glossy marketing!

Stephen M

Stephen MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good service after an accident

I had recently bought a new house and soon after moving in there was an accident with the carport.

The staff at RACV were very helpful and understanding and immediately arranged for a temporary fix to be put in place that day. I had no issues in submitting my claim and in the end getting the damage repaired.

smac

smacGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They sat on claim report for 20 days!

I lodges a claim on 3rd April for a damaged shower that was leaking through to the ground floor ceiling. Assessor was out on the same day which was lucky. After 3 follow up call, final one being on 27th April. The first two consultants stated the were waiting for building report and told me to call back 5 days later. The third consultant finally told me the report had actually been sitting there since 7th April and had been declined........ being declined is not the issue, Thats for another day. The issue is they sat on a report for 20 days! I could have directed this repair elsewhere. To me this is extremely poor process.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Vic Consumer

Vic ConsumerGippsland, VIC

Great service so far.

Just taken out new hobby farm insurance.
Both people I have spoken to were very helpful, knowledgeable and personable.
One of them explained she was working from home so if the call dropped out, she would call me back. Which did happen and she did call back very quickly.
So far so good.

Martin

MartinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Home Contents - False advise on death of parent

Deceased estate wish to transfer insurance policy from father to myself.
Told death certificate unacceptable need title, months later with title emailed. Asked to combine with my car insurance they can't do transfer or quote by email. That I should start a new policy. Quote online or by phone. Bunch of run around clowns RACV Home Insurance wasting my time and effort. Government officials should investigate them and shut them down.

Austinj

Austinj

Unethical and a lack of integrity

Not a Company I could recommend