Ray White
3.3 from 1,412 reviews

Smooth transition to my new home

Ray White is professional and trusted in how they deal with customers purchasing a new property (at least in my area). It was surprising to receive a complimentary settlement gift as we got our new home keys!

Worst property managers! They released our private information without our consent

By far the worst tenancy experience we ever had during our lease period. The property they managed and we resided in had multiple issues from gas leaks (safety concern) to holes in walls. Took months for them to get them sorted and only after we contacted the landlord directly. But that isn’t the worst bit.

They decided to release all of our personal information used for tenancy background check (birth certificates, payslips, employment history) to third parties without our consent or even knowledge. And currently they handed over the lease to another company comprising of mobile agents and no office without telling us!

Reading through below reviews. It appears I am not only one with poor renting experience.
My word of advice if you value your privacy and want to get a decent rental suitable for human residence. Do not use these guys.

Ray White Woollahara - poor buying experience.

We were looking to buy an investment property through this agency and carried out an inspection and all set to go to the auction. Received the contract and asked for a building report and was emailed a brochure for ''Jims Building Reports'' (!!!) where I could pay $300 for a report. The agent did not even have a business card at the inspection and did not seem very interested at all. Didn't even ask if I had something to sell.

The day of the auction we received an email saying that the property had been sold. Unbelievable. No contact from the agent. No question as to what price they were looking at and where I stood at that level. Nothing.

These agents don't realise that when they treat potential purchasers like this they ensure that they will never ever use them to sell a property. Of course they don't care, they get a sale and get their exorbitant commission. They effectively ensured that I would never use them to sell and if I was buying I wouldn't trust them. Well done guys.

Hi Mike, It is disappointing to hear about your experience. If you'd like to leave your details at raywhite.com/feedback, we can open an investigation into this matter. Kind Regards, AngusThank you for your reply however immediately after inspection I started to receive promotional material from Ray White which was most annoying and not asked for. I am reluctant to provide any further identifying details including the company and persons I represent.

The hefty commissions with a marketing cost on top and miserable results

Unfortunately I have had a bad experience with Michael Coco from Raywhite Real Estate Glenmore Park NSW
If you want to sell you property with Michael Coco it will be your greatest mistake you’ve ever done. The high volume of glowing feedbacks on different websites looks attractive but keep firmly in mind that all of them are mainly pre-paid by real estate agents willing to lure unsuspected clients.
If you want to avoid loss of time, bitter taste in your chest, frustration and disappointment better to avoid that real estate agent at all cost. Your instructions to that agent will fall on the deaf ears.
He has no hesitations to intentionally mislead vendors, to lead vendors to a wrong conclusion or impression. Acting in an untrustworthy, unprofessional, and despicable manner that real estate agent started to pressurise me to sell my property at a lowest price !

For rent, property that’s had a fire, a flood and a substandard property declaration for only $620 per week

Ray White Adelaide - [name removed], property manager. Renting with Ray White Adelaide has been the worst possible experience you could have. Our property caught fire, it then proceeded to drain all upstairs plumbing directly through the ceiling on 2 occasions. The Housing Safety Authority deems it substandard and not habitable until major plumbing and electrical faults are identified and repaired. I could forgive the issues had I not reported the faults on 9 separate occasions over 6 months in writing. To further add insult a previous poor review was met with notification that Ray White Adelaide has acted properly. Fixing ducting issues with packing tape and cardboard is what Ray White Adelaide believes is warrantable work. The Residential Tenacies Act says otherwise.
Beware should you choose to rent through Ray White Adelaide. The rent is the cheapest part of what it will cost you.

Updated - Property Management Ray White Adelaide

Refer to picture of email sent to Ray White Customer Service. The property has inspected for determination of being substandard. This is how they act to gain advantage and avoid exposure for not meeting their obligations under the Act. It is a breach of Australian Consumer Law. Be aware of their unethical and unlawful business practises. These agents need to be made accountable.

Karen Ward - Maddington Raywhite

I totally recommend Karen from Maddington Raywhite. She has been dealing with my properties for a few years now and she's done a superb work. If you want someone to look after your home- she be the best option because she will go out of her way to treat your property like her own. Always a friendly, approachable property manager and she gets the job done. I wouldn't change agents as long as she's there cause I know my homes are cared for and looked after by a professional agent with so much experience. This is my first time ever writing a review for anyone or anything cause she deserves the praise. Appreciate your work!

This is perfect. Can't live without it.

This is a good inspection experience with excellent service. The rental management is professional and patient. Besides, Ray White is also a trustworthy brand. Whether it is to investment real estate or Ray White manages the property are good choices.

Bad experience with Ray White Camden and Willowdale

I need to warn the others not to use Ray White Camden or Ray White Willowdale to manage your property because they don’t deliver their job to a satisfactory level. Just a few examples, I as the landlord needed to continually chase things up such as repair and overdue rent. There have been a lot of miscommunications due to changes of four different property managers in just seven months. When the previous tenant moved out, they left without a thorough inspection and as a result, the property now is not in the same good and clean condition as before.
Whenever I asked a question or wanted an update, the property manager didn't bother to check the fact first before responding, therefore I didn’t receive an accurate information. When the property is vacant and they received an application, I never get an update of the progress. As a result, the tenant application is then withdrawn due to not being followed up so I lost weeks rent. The funny thing when I asked the property manager after a week, she kept saying that application is still in the process even though the letting team said it's already been withdrawn.
And it gets worse, my new agent has to collect the keys twice despite giving notice and they lost one of my garage remotes and simply suggested I should just buy a cheap one from Bunnings. They clearly don't understand how to manage the property professionally and how to take responsibility of the mistakes they have made over and over again. I learned my lessons and have changed property agent since then and got a new tenant in less than a week. Hopefully, no one will ever experience the headache and pain they have caused to clients/landlords.

Hi Ira, It is disappointing to hear about your experience. If you'd like to leave your details at raywhite.com/feedback, we can open an investigation into this matter. Kind Regards, Angus

Horrible Ray White Bundoora

Beware!!! DO NOT rent from this agent!! First agent was the laziest and second agent was a mr who thinks he knows it all. He only started to manage the property a mth before we moved out. He had never seen nor aware of the real condition of the property, then tried to bully us into fixing things that were already damaged by previous tenants when we moved out. Plus shifty landlord who only interested in receiving rent from you and nothing else. Both agents & MD are unapologetic about the whole experience we had. The worst agent & landlord we have had encountered.

Previous tenant didn’t clean the property when they moved out. When we questioned the agent about it, she said that it’s in reasonably clean condition, which is totally untrue.

Oily & dirty kitchen, rubbish in drawers, cabinets, pantry, in backyard & shed.
Major & minor scratches all over the floor.
Dirty & oily oven & rangehood.
Many more and I have 36 pages condition report and lots of photos.
Agent provided inspection report of incorrect property. Their report pretty much showed everything cleaned & undamaged. Again totally untrue!!

Getting the landlord to clean & fix things were extremely difficult. We had to constantly chase & follow up with agent. We had to serve the notice for breach of duty form to landlord before he finally agreed to clean the backyard & kitchen. Even after they agreed to clean, landlord didn’t want to pay for the removal of green waste. So they just dump all of it in the corner of the driveway, infront of the house.

Agent did periodic inspection twice and only sent 1 report to me coz I requested a copy. We reported few outstanding & new issues during both inspections & none of it was recorded in the report.

They also hold off in sending our bond claim form after we moved out. They hold it for almost 3 weeks for no reasons since we returned our keys back to them on 24/6.

This agent & landlord had given us so much unnecessary stress from the beginning till the end of the tenancy. If I can give no single star for this review, I would.

Hi Lisa, It is disappointing to hear about your experience. If you'd like to leave your details at raywhite.com/feedback, we can open an investigation into this matter. Kind Regards, Angus

Horrible renting experience (Ray White Bundoora)

Beware!!! DO NOT rent from this agent!! First agent was the laziest and second agent was a mr who thinks he knows it all. He only started to manage the property a mth before we moved out. He had never seen nor aware of the real condition of the property, then tried to bully us into fixing things that were already damaged by previous tenants when we moved out. Plus shifty landlord who only cared about receiving the rent from you and nothing else. The worst agent & landlord we have had encountered.

Oily & dirty kitchen, misc junk in drawers, cabinets, pantry, in backyard & shed.
Major & minor scratches all over the floor.
Dirty & oily oven & rangehood.
Many more and I have 36 pages condition report and lots of photos.

Hi Lia, It is disappointing to hear about your experience. If you'd like to leave your details at raywhite.com/feedback, we can open an investigation into this matter. Kind Regards, Angus

Ray White Erskineville

Shaun Stoker at Ray White Erskineville will not stop putting their flyers in letterboxes with no junk mail signs despite continual requests. This has been happening for years, despite continual requests from multiple people, and promises from the office.

Alana Blizzard Ray White Wantirna

Probably the best agent I have ever dealt with, prompt in her responses and follows through quickly and throughly with an incredibly professional set of values and had been nothing short of a pleasure to deal with over the last year!

Hi James, Thank you for your feedback. Alana is a huge asset to our Wantirna team, I will pass on your kind words. Regards, Angus

Sumayya Burger a Professional Agent

I live in Sydney and bought a duplex in Loganlea, I contacted Ray White in Rochedale after reading Google reviews.
My call was returned By Sumayya Burger, she was extremely professional and provided a
phenomenal customer experience (She provided all the relevant information about council requirements and insurance policies, she emailed me all the documents)
I made an appointment and met her in person to do the property inspection. Her understanding and willing to assist in what my expectations were regarding tenants and maintenance of property were exceptional. she organised everything for me from taking handover of property from builder to council bin collection etc. she went above and beyond to find the right tenants for me. Both my properties got rented out within 2 weeks.

I would highly recommend her.

Hi Sunil, Thank you for your feedback. Sumayya is a huge asset to our Rochedale team, I will pass on your kind words. Regards, Angus

Ray White Cessnock Property Management

A very experienced, professional team in Property Management. We own a number of properties in the Hunter and have been very happy with how our properties have been managed since joining Ray White Cessnock 12 months ago. Our former agent forgot to pay rates, get things fixed so we had unhappy tenants, made a mess of the statements, expected us to fix up their mistakes and generally make owning real estate a nightmare. This team is a pleasure to work with. Our highest recommendation.

Hi Judy, Thank you for your feedback. I will pass on your kind words to our Cessnock office. Regards, Angus

Let down Badly by BEENLEIGH office

After lodging an official complaint about the way our purchase was handled, we have received zero response to the 7 questions we asked Ray White Beenleigh to explain.

One particular employee acted in an untrustworthy, unprofessional, and despicable manner, and this employee announces himself as a Director of the Ray White Beenleigh office.

Absolutely disgusting what he did and I would warn anyone to avoid him like The Plague!!

I have heard rumours from other real estates in the area that this persons morals are questionable

Do not rent a property if it's managed by these guys

During our tenancy, we were swapped from an excellent agency to Ray White (Perth). All of a sudden, utilities started going through the roof (don't know if it's linked, but really odd and RW were vague in what was going on). The house was absolutely abysmal when we moved in (asbestos, old, only way to improve would be to knock down, always dirty as nothing was sealed properly, lights not working etc.). But we faithfully kept it neat, clean and tidy and even improved the gardens. The first agency commended us on this. Ray White seemed not to communicate with the last agency and started trying to pin lots of damage on us during inspections, like some plants were dead outside (ours that we bought to make the place nicer), the flywire was missing (was noted in the property report at start of tenancy) etc.. Well, when we finished our lease and moved out, it turned out to be a financial nightmare. We spent a full week cleaning (scrubbing walls, carpets professionally cleaned etc.)- let me say again, this house was always dirty because the windows and doors were not sealed. They didn't do the final inspection until 10 days after finishing the clean. Surprise surprise, house not clean enough $300 thank you. Then $165 for greens removal (we removed by hand regularly but being a semi-rural property, middle of winter- leaves are going to accumulate quite quickly!! ). The list of things on the final property report was unbelievably nit-picky, and let me say again, this house was in very VERY poor condition even before we moved in. Very disappointed in how ridiculous they are in regards to this property and how much bond they keep trying to take from us. At this point I won't be surprised if we get nothing back.

Hi Lucy, It is disappointing to hear about your experience. If you'd like to leave your details at raywhite.com/feedback, we can open an investigation into this matter. Kind Regards, Angus

Ray White Maroochydore

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the team, and in particular "Sue Fisher" (my property manager) for her warmth and friendliness toward me, and for her helpful and efficient management of my rental on Duporth Ave Maroochydore

Hi Michael, Thank you for your feedback. Sue is a huge asset to our Maroochydore team, I will pass on your kind words. Regards, Angus

Fabulous assistance

Lisa, Rachel and the rental team from Ray white Wantirna were fabulous. They went out of the way to meet the urgent needs of my wife and myself. We could not recommend this team highly enough.

Hi Derek, Thank you for your feedback. Lisa and Rachel are a huge asset to our Wantirna team, I will pass on your kind words. Regards, Angus

Worst service ever.

Ray white Lavington is the worst real estate. We put our property for sale through them since 1 year and they can’t sell. All the time they asking for reduced price. Meanwhile we put our Property on lease. Tenant break the lease in the middle. As per contract tenant have to pay 4 weeks rent and he ran away. When we asked to the property manager for 4 weeks rent she said we can’t to anything. Ever time they just said lie. If they can’t do anything then what’s the meaning to going through them. They just wants their commission. That’s it. We having very bad experience with ray white Lavington.

Hi Abhilasha, It is disappointing to hear about your experience. If you'd like to leave your details at raywhite.com/feedback, we can open an investigation into this matter. Kind Regards, Angus

Excellent service, thanks to April Sharp - Raywhite Lavington

Very helpful and efficient with all the information regarding the tenants and the property. She always do the business as requested in a warm welcoming service, and her job has meet each of my requests.

Hi Julia, Thanks for your feedback. April is a huge asset to our Laverton office. Regards Angus