Real Home & Contents Insurance

1.8

dmuk

dmukPerth, WA

Deceptive, misleading, unreliable, expensive

In 2008 my premium was $300. Today it is $2000. Same property, no changes.
Lodged a claim that they have been unable to finalise for months. Cannot get in contact.
Policy wording and coverage questionable on what they actually will pay out.

Claim DateMay 2020

KylieSydney, NSW

Misleading policy

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Response TeamReal Insurance

Hi Kylie, we're sorry to hear about your experience. You should be receiving a call or email from our disputes resolution team.

Kylie

I noticed that I was sent another policy renewal the day after I wrote my product review. No doubt it will be different from the previous one.

Jingjoe M.

Jingjoe M.Gippsland, VIC

Disgraceful treatment of long term customer.

Insured with 'Real' for 9 claim free years. Contents insured value $137000. Made a claim for $30,000. Payout from 'Real' was $2000. Was told we were under-insured! Absolutely disgraceful and Real are bigger thieves than those that broke into it house.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Real Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

D. Anthony

D. AnthonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

25.69% premium increase every year in the last 3 years

we have been with Real insurance since 2010, 3 cars, home, and contents. started in 2017, After been taken over by Hollard. A 25.69% yearly increase on all our premiums in spite we never made any single claim at all in the last 10 years. it's a totally ripped off. we just canceled all the renewals and moved the business elsewhere. Anyone reading my comments. don't be a victim like me. there is no such thing as being a loyal customer. what it counts today is who's giving you the value for your hard-earned money. I am very honest and straight forward against this insurance company ripping me off all these 3 long years. we can no longer stand it anymore. Let it go !!!!

marcn

marcnMark.n.sedhom@gmail.com

Over a month since claim lodged, and still no claim number or response.

Lodged a claim over a month ago and still don't have a claim number, nor has a claim manager gotten in touch with me.

Don't bother with these guys - switch to Youi or another company that responds to their customers and values their business.

craig J

craig JSouth East Queensland, QLD

$600 increase in premiums in 3 years shop around otherwise Real will rip was with real/Hollard for five years

good at the start very expensive at the end made some claims hence feeling I got shafted for this if future policy prices tried to tell them there were cheaper prices so I have now left they did not really care
if they had of lowered premium i may have stayed

Raj36

Raj36Perth, WA

They don't deserve single star

You will only see the real face of unreal insurance company when you make a claim,
They will bring up so many unknown clauses to decline the claim!!
Bunch of liars
Stay away people
This company is not genuine insurance company

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateDecember 2019
Sarah

SarahPerth, WA

Hollard Insurance - $10,000 landlord claim and only paying $300! Many, Many fine print exclusions!

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim DateNovember 2018
samdownunder

samdownunderSydney, NSW

Great level of service and quick turn around time

Frank

FrankPerth, WA

Unreal insurance suits more than real insurance!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeDuplex
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Boris

BorisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I must feel lucky

I must feel lucky after getting my renewal land lord insurance up by 88%.

On placing my review 'Stay away to avoid dissappointment' a week ago I received a message, that a Team Leader from Customer Service department was about to contact me shortly. And one week later he did, essentially saying that if I did not accept the current premium of $425.99 it would have been $566.99,- up 234% from last year's one.

Lucky me with REAL!

Chicken lady.Singleton

Fantastic Insurance.

I was with different insurance that didn't care about what I was looking for when it came to insurance. Real insurance was totally different, they asked me what I needed . They help me work out the best policy that suits my needs. I have been with them for 5 years.

Response TeamReal Insurance

Good Morning, Thank you for your wonderful comment. We are glad to hear you have an insurance policy that suits your needs! -Angela

Avoid you’ll only be disappointed

Property TypeOther
Type of ClaimTheft
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Gman

1 Star is being generous - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

We have had an ongoing battle since December last year to have a contents claim resolved after the storms. Its now coming into June and after many emails, phone calls we are still waiting. Claims Central who 'manage' (if you can call it that) claims for Real Insurance are constantly calling asking us to pay the scope of work and every time it is incomplete. Businesses don't talk. There is no follow up. They promise yet no follow through. Avoid the heartache! Good at taking money but no fixing claims.

Gman

I’ve tried that. Multiple times.

Jerry

JerrySydney, NSW

Worst insurance company ever, stay away

After 9 years with them we had claim due to storm in December. Accesor came, told us it's easy claim and we will get new carport. His report was something completely different, everything was our foult, gutter were full of debris even his pictures shows otherwise. They denied our claim because of that and poor tradesmansihip. Absolute joke. Stay away from them.

BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

I had 5yrs home and contents with Real Insurance with No claims, then they refused to renew

After several phone calls and emails to them I eventually was told “ Because of recent weather events and the geographical location of my property I no longer met their underwriter conditions “ I replied that I must have slept through the tsunami that hit the Goldcoast and had not moved my house from its position, it is 16 metres above sea level” I insisted they stated this ridiculous reason as I needed it to give to a new insurer . It’s a question on all insurance applications. I am now with NRMA and also cancelled my life insurance with Real . Telling them I am a loyal customer but they had treated me with contempt.
Would not touch Real Insurance again

Gary EdwardsPerth, WA

Claim Dismissed

I enquired about making a claim as my Wife had lost a small diamond out of her eternity ring.
This was ( i believe) the first time i had tried to claim anything, the chap was less than helpful and being told i would have to pay the first $500, seems like i am carrying ALL THE RISK, and you are carrying none.
It would appear the only time insurance is useful is if EVERYTHING, i own is destroyed at the same event.
I will certainly seek other quotes when my multiple policies are up for renewal.
As a footnote, i payed for diamond replacement out of my own pocket, if i cannot rely on you when i have an issue what is the point

Gary Edwards

May have got my various policies confused, obviously i was taking about my contents insurance.
Hard for me to comment on Funeral Insurance as i have not yet made a claim yet

Gavsart

GavsartSydney, NSW

They tell lies

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateAugust 2018

PaulPerth, WA

Best scammers in the country

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Paul

Would never deal with this company

Had a policy with this company for 2 years. Cancelled the day we sold the house and they made us pay the following full month without refund because it was already scheduled to come out. My family who also have policies with them are not happy and will be changing companies. I advise people to stay away from a company like this

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

We're very sorry to hear this. If you could please send us your policy details in a private message we will look into this and hopefully resolve this matter swiftly for you.

Nathan

How about you return the phone call to 0431618243 that your apparent team leader was supposed to be contacting me on.

Nathan

Still no response??? A classic example of why you shouldn’t deal with this company