Real Home & Contents Insurance

Real Home & Contents Insurance

Sarah

SarahPerth, WA

Hollard Insurance - $10,000 landlord claim and only paying $300! Many, Many fine print exclusions!

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateNovember 2018

samdownunder

samdownunderSydney, NSW

Great level of service and quick turn around time

Frank

FrankPerth, WA

Unreal insurance suits more than real insurance!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeDuplex
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Boris

BorisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I must feel lucky

I must feel lucky after getting my renewal land lord insurance up by 88%.

On placing my review 'Stay away to avoid dissappointment' a week ago I received a message, that a Team Leader from Customer Service department was about to contact me shortly. And one week later he did, essentially saying that if I did not accept the current premium of $425.99 it would have been $566.99,- up 234% from last year's one.

Lucky me with REAL!

Chicken lady.Singleton

Fantastic Insurance.

I was with different insurance that didn't care about what I was looking for when it came to insurance. Real insurance was totally different, they asked me what I needed . They help me work out the best policy that suits my needs. I have been with them for 5 years.

Customer C.Real Insurance

Good Morning, Thank you for your wonderful comment. We are glad to hear you have an insurance policy that suits your needs! -Angela

Avoid you’ll only be disappointed

Property TypeOther
Type of ClaimTheft
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Gman

1 Star is being generous - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

We have had an ongoing battle since December last year to have a contents claim resolved after the storms. Its now coming into June and after many emails, phone calls we are still waiting. Claims Central who 'manage' (if you can call it that) claims for Real Insurance are constantly calling asking us to pay the scope of work and every time it is incomplete. Businesses don't talk. There is no follow up. They promise yet no follow through. Avoid the heartache! Good at taking money but no fixing claims.

Gman

I’ve tried that. Multiple times.

Jerry

JerrySydney, NSW

Worst insurance company ever, stay away

After 9 years with them we had claim due to storm in December. Accesor came, told us it's easy claim and we will get new carport. His report was something completely different, everything was our foult, gutter were full of debris even his pictures shows otherwise. They denied our claim because of that and poor tradesmansihip. Absolute joke. Stay away from them.

Coverage TypeHome Only

BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

I had 5yrs home and contents with Real Insurance with No claims, then they refused to renew

After several phone calls and emails to them I eventually was told “ Because of recent weather events and the geographical location of my property I no longer met their underwriter conditions “ I replied that I must have slept through the tsunami that hit the Goldcoast and had not moved my house from its position, it is 16 metres above sea level” I insisted they stated this ridiculous reason as I needed it to give to a new insurer . It’s a question on all insurance applications. I am now with NRMA and also cancelled my life insurance with Real . Telling them I am a loyal customer but they had treated me with contempt.
Would not touch Real Insurance again

Gary EdwardsPerth, WA

Claim Dismissed

I enquired about making a claim as my Wife had lost a small diamond out of her eternity ring.
This was ( i believe) the first time i had tried to claim anything, the chap was less than helpful and being told i would have to pay the first $500, seems like i am carrying ALL THE RISK, and you are carrying none.
It would appear the only time insurance is useful is if EVERYTHING, i own is destroyed at the same event.
I will certainly seek other quotes when my multiple policies are up for renewal.
As a footnote, i payed for diamond replacement out of my own pocket, if i cannot rely on you when i have an issue what is the point

Gary Edwards

May have got my various policies confused, obviously i was taking about my contents insurance.
Hard for me to comment on Funeral Insurance as i have not yet made a claim yet

Gavsart

GavsartSydney, NSW

They tell lies

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateAugust 2018

PaulPerth, WA

Best scammers in the country

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Paul

Would never deal with this company

Had a policy with this company for 2 years. Cancelled the day we sold the house and they made us pay the following full month without refund because it was already scheduled to come out. My family who also have policies with them are not happy and will be changing companies. I advise people to stay away from a company like this

Coverage TypeHome Only
Customer RelationsReal Insurance

We're very sorry to hear this. If you could please send us your policy details in a private message we will look into this and hopefully resolve this matter swiftly for you.

Nathan

How about you return the phone call to 0431618243 that your apparent team leader was supposed to be contacting me on.

Nathan

Still no response??? A classic example of why you shouldn’t deal with this company

Wishal mohammadiSydney

Refused policy because of driving offense

We were refused to purchase a policy because my brother was suspended for driving offense, apparently according to real insurance that is a criminal offense, the people I spoke over the phone first of all weren’t even in Australia and they were trying to tell me that a driving offense is a criminal offense and it limits us from
Buying a home and content insurance! I mean how is that even relavent! So I contacted AAMI and they signed us up straight away without any issue...
terrible service real insurance

KylieSydney, NSW

Absolutely shocking follw up

Benedict G.Real Insurance
Kylie

No option to write private message

Kylie

Clearly no improvement in service. I have no option here for a private message. Could you please supply another option.

Adrienne

Adrienne

Stay Away from Real Insurance

have been with Real Insurance for 8 years and never have had a claim previously. I lodged a first claim due to the storm and heavy rain broke the backyard fences. After the elevation, they rejected my claim and said it's due to poor condition. This is ridiculous, what do I need the insurance for. Stay away from them as they won't insurance you when you make the claim.

Benedict G.Real Insurance

Hi Adrienne, sorry to hear you are unhappy. All claimants are entitled to have their claims reviewed. If this is something you would like to pursue, please share your policy details in a private message and we will have a Claims Manager contact you.

Nedds.

Nedds.lurnea

Terrible service!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

GazzaPortland

Very Poor Service

17 years & never having a claim, was knocked back today as they don't recognise carpet as part of the dwelling, bye bye Real

Disgusted

DisgustedHeyfield

Do not trust these people!!!!!!

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hello, thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We'd like to look into this and assist you where we can. Please share your policy details with us in a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance.

Home insurance charge

I received my renewal and they increased it by 50%. No claims for 6 years as a customer. All because some desk jockey decided we are now in a flood and fire zone. Hope for ceo is happy with his muti million dollar bonus.

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Ian. Please note that we've asked our Service team to contact you regarding this, thanks.