Redsbaby Jive

Initially great, usage is proving differently

We purchased the Jive2 Carbon in January 2019. We were impressed with the demo day, the deal offered, value for money and customer service.
Our bub is now 12wks old, and there has been a lot of pram use. We have found that the frame is lightweight and easy to get in and out of the car. The capsule adaptors are so handy to use with our Maxi Cosi capsule, and switching it out for the bassinet is also quite easy.

In shopping centres and concrete paths the pram is easy to manuevre. Once you get on to gravel paths/uneven surfaces, things aren't so great.
The suspension is ok, but it's not the smoothest ride for our little passenger. We get a squeak in one wheel and there is a rattle in the brake, which is quite annoying.
The basket is a good size, with handy pockets, but i feel it's a bit of a design flaw how the brake pedal pushes up against the basket, if the basket is full, or the flap is out, it's hard to disengage the brake without pushing in to the basket space..
All in all I'm reasonably happy with the pram, but unsure if I would purchase again.

Purchased in January 2019.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Ms Roberts, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The JIVE ² is designed for use on different terrain, with rear puncture-proof wheels and front EVA wheels which have a 360-degree swivel. We recommend locking the front wheels if you are moving over surfaces like gravel to provide a smoother ride. We are sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your brake and rear wheels, we would like to address this ASAP. We have reached out via private message so that we can assist. RB Team xx

Great at the start , over a year not so good

We really loved this pram at the start. But slowly things are going wrong.
Started with the basket which only lasted 6 months before tearing. Asked for a replacement and was told it was out of warranty. Stupid organised me purchased the pram 6 months before bub was born. So that was my bad luck but found their customer service terrible and rude.
Now the break doesn’t fully engage so it makes this crazily annoying clicking sound.
Compared to friends prams I’ve tried it is really not as easy to manoeuvre.
I definitely won’t be buying the 2nd seat and am probably going to sell it when I have my next baby.
Don’t just look at the high volume of good reviews- if you look hard you’ll see that some people have reviewed before actually using the pram because of competitions run by the company.

Purchased in June 2017 at Redsbaby.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we are sorry to hear that you have had these issues with your pram. The 2016/17 range had a 12-month warranty, however, our team will always assist with providing information about spare parts and advice on service centres outside the warranty period. We have sent a private message so we can gather some more information to see how we can assist with your pram. RB Team xx

Terrible Pram

The brake system has failed and caused several problems when I was pushing my new born baby in the pram. We experienced an occasion in which it locked in the middle of the road as I was pushing the pram. It was an extremely dangerous situation and with the traffic turning green gave us severe stress.
I also have another issue with the wheels. It seem as though they are unstable, wobbly and move to one side as I push it forward. Also the pram rattled and and shake as I push it. This makes it very uncomfortable for my new born. I do not understand why these things have started to occur on the pram after a few months of using it. I am definitely not satisfied what how it is performing.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Carol, Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback through and we are sorry to hear you have had these issues with your pram. In October 2018 we become aware of a small percentage of customers reporting their brake does not disengage (unlock) once it has been activated. A new brake part has been designed to resolve this issue which can be fitted to prams within the following batch numbers: 18.01-0-17 to 18.07-03-18. This has also been resolved on the new shipments of JIVE ²and METRO² from October 2018. We would like to assist in resolving this for you and any other issues you may be experiencing. We have sent a private message so that we can gather more information, you can also reach out to the customer care team on 1300 344 964 or info@redsbaby.com.au. RB Team xx

love this pram!

there is nothing i don't like about this pram. It's very convenient to assemble, easy to use, light-weighted (relatively to other prams) and compact. i have no trouble loading it when i'm out. I also love the generous space/capacity of the basket for storage. the accessories that come with it are also very handy - eg the sun shade had been the best when my bub was out and the dark shade helped her to sleep when she is out in her bassinet. it's also awesome to have the few different seating positions/height, bub loves this pram too. its been great doing its job on different surfaces. Pricing is reasonable for what it is. woudl highly recommend this pram.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Sylvia, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear that you and bubs are loving your JIVE². RB Team xx

Ordered in January - baby due next week still no pram

We were thrilled when attending a demo day in Brisbane in January to buy a JIve2 Platinum in Mulberry. We didn't buy at the demo day but a week later but still in January. The pram was supposed to be dispatched the 31st of March. It was still ok as Bubba wasn't due before Mid May.

We got a call the first week of April to let us know they had an issue is their warehouse and that they would either send the Jive2 Platinum in Mulberry mid June (wayyyyy too late) or we could change the colour of the pram in Glacier and get it dispatched straight away. Which we did.

Now we are the 2nd of May 2019 Bubba is due in 10 days and we still have no pram. We have had no tracking link as it is not even dispatched yet. We have been following up with the Customer team but they keep telling us our order is being treated at a high priority...

I did not think a second we would have to wait 5 months to get a pram. We would not have bought one if we knew the issues and stress this has caused.

Purchased in January 2019.

Hi Lilly, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience. We have reached out privately so that we can assist as soon as possible in resolving this for you. Brooke - RB Team xx

Ordered seat liner on March but it’s May already and still we don’t have it

We have redsbaby Jive tandem and we’ve ordered seat liner for the 2nd seat last March.
Up to now (it’s May already), we still didn’t receive our seat liner.
I’ve been following it up through email and they’ve been giving me the tracking number and I have been very patient before. I’ve been checking if there’s any update through the tracking number but still there’s no change.
When I sent an email to the customer care support, they keep on giving me the tracking number. They said they follow it up but still nothing!
I am so frustrated as we wanted to use it asap!

Purchased in March 2019.

Hi Nina, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your item hasn't arrived with you as yet. I can see that the item was shipped in March but it hasn't tracked in the Australia Post system. We have reached out to you via email so we can assist and get this item to you ASAP. Brooke - RB Team xxThank you Brooke. I have read your email and have responded to your query.

Mostly positives but 15 months in starting to see many faults

Bought the jive in September 2017 and was very happy at the start with the compact fold, it fit well in my boot and I mastered getting it out and unfolding one handed. After over a years use I wouldn’t buy it again.

The basket is far to small and not deep enough. I can’t just chuck stuff in there I have to muck around arranging the netting to keep things secure.

The break doesn’t fully dissengage from the left wheel and as a result makes an annoying clicking as the cogs rub. I’ve had to wedge something in the gap when pushing the pram to stop the noise.

I’m about to have my second child and there is no way I would buy the second seat for this. What little basket space would be gone, I would be pushing the pram and constantly kicking the second seat as there is not much room between me and the basket as it is.

The biggest issue is only after 15 months use the handle bar has gone sticky, the quality of the material on the handle bar is so bad that layers have rubbed off and exposed the glue underneath, I don’t know how they expect it to last 2 kids. The worst thing about this is I can’t even sell it near the price I wanted coz of the gross handlebar. I messaged redsbaby about a month ago and got no reply, so all their reviews about great customer service haven’t really applied here.

Purchased in September 2017 for $850.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Halley, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are having so many issues with your pram, this is very unusual. We want to ensure that you can continue to use your pram for your growing family in the years to come. Please reach out to the team on 1300 344 964 or info@redsbaby.com.au so we can assist. - RB Team xx

So unhappy with my poor quality pram

Very unhappy with this pram, brake cable snapped after using less than 12 months and Reds Baby support would not fix. I don’t see it lasting through the second baby.

Purchased in August 2017 for $1,120.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Bianca, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that the team wasn't able to assist with your issue. The 2016/17 JIVE and METRO both have a 12-month warranty, however, outside of warranty, we can still assist customers with spare parts and directing to the correct service centres. I have reached out via private message so that we can assist in resolving this for you. RB Team xx

Ticks all the boxes

Easy to use, functional and lightweight. Making it perfect for solo adventures.
Sleek design with great overall shape.
Wheels are durable with no hassles across difference surfaces.
Adaptors allow capsule to be transported straight from the car, keeping bub asleep in the early months of use!
Convertible for 2nd seat, allowing our family to prepare for future use.
We absolutely love our Jive and have recommended it to everyone that will listen!

Purchased in September 2018 for $899.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Stephanie, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family are loving your JIVE² and thank you for recommending it to your friends :) RB Team xx

Would definitely recommend this pram!

The JIVE2 has been fantastic!
-It is easy to open and collapse.
-It isn’t too heavy.
-It does well on all different surfaces: both indoors and out.
-You can even steer it one handed.
We are currently using a capsule with it and it has made transferring bub from car to pram really easy. We didn’t even have to buy adapters to use the capsule, we just use the bassinet adapters.
Additionally, the bassinet attachment has been great for letting bub sleep if we are out and about.
If I had to repurchase, I absolutely would. I cannot fault this pram!

Purchased in July 2018 for $849.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Erica, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear that you love getting out and about with your JIVE². RB Team xx

Perfect pram and have recommended to other parents who have bought it

The pram is easy to use in every way from unfolding and folding up to going across any terrain such as rocky roads and sand. The bucket seat seems very comfortable for our little one who loves going anywhere in it and also sleeps well in it when out and about. The bassinet was a great size when he was smaller and the sun shade came in very handy to protect from sun and also from mosquitoes. We have had a lot of people see our redsbaby pram and mention that they wished they had purchased one. They then come back next time and say they got one and love it! Don’t settle for second best and waste your money, get what you want the first time.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Emma, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for recommending us to your friends! We are thrilled you are enjoying your METRO² pram. RB Team xx

Best money we spent!

We went to a demo day and were sold, we didn’t even look at another pram! Stylish, super easy to manoeuvre, lightweight and great value for money. 100% happy with our purchase. I recommend it to everyone!

Purchased in February 2017 for $799.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Sophie, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family are loving your JIVE². RB Team xx

Favourite baby purchase!

I absolutely adore our pram! so easy to manoeuvre, collapse & lift into the car. I’ve raved about it to all my friends & family so much that FIVE of them now own a Redsbaby! My munchkin is easy to get in and out & all the vents in the bassinet and seat mean I am confident he’s not overheating! I had an issue with the brake but turns out there was a known issue and it will be fixed for free! Amazing service!

Purchased in January 2018 for $800.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Shannon, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family are loving your JIVE² and that you're friends are now using them too! I am happy to hear that you also had a positive experience with our customer care team :) RB Team xx

Best value for money! Australian Made!

As a first time mum I researched alot of prams. I decided I didn't want to pay over $1,000 and ideally wanted an Australian product.
This pram is lighter than most big names, easily pairs with my Maxi Cosi capsule with adaptors. Fitted in the boot of my Mazda 2. Easy to clean and pop bub in and out with the 5 point harness.
Highly recommended this product to all mums. 10/10.

Purchased in August 2018 at Redsbaby for $1,000.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear that you love getting out and about with your JIVE². Thank you for your recommendation and supporting our Australian company. RB Team xx

Quick and easy pram with great features

I love our redsbaby Jive 2 pram. It accomodates for everything . We loved how easy it was to put together & how easy it is to put away in the car. It’s light & so user friendly. We loved the bassinet for the younger days and the 3 recliner seat for the second stage . The extension canopy is handy for the hot days with the option for rear facing or forward facing . Our daughter loves the pram & has always fallen to sleep with ease in it. We love our pram organiser- we think it’s a must when buying the pram. It’s great for storing your phone, dummy and anything you need in a hurry. We think this pram is a great value for money with everything you need in a pram . Everyone that has pushed the pram comment on how easy it moves and how narrow it is - making it easy to get around in shops, cafes and crowds . Definitely recommend this pram to any new parents or parents looking to upgrade their pram.

Purchased in February 2018 for $849.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Shannon, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear that you love getting out and about with your JIVE². RB Team xx

Love my redsbaby, great pram to have.

Very satisfied with the prams performance on different surfaces, so smooth to push. Suspension is great and my big baby fits very comfortable in it. He loves being able to see me sometimes or turned around looking out in front of him.

Purchased in April 2018.

Suitable for RunningYes
Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear that you love getting out and about with your JIVE². RB Team xx

Excellent pram!

Great on smooth surfaces. Does not go well on grass at all. Comfortable for my 2 boys. Pitty you lose your storage area when the second seat is in. Hood goes down a good bit to cover baby when sleeping. Disassemble is easy and not heavy.

Purchased in June 2018 for $1,000.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Jen, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family are loving your JIVE². RB Team xx

We love our redsbaby!

We often get comments about the superior look of our pram.
We are extremely satisfied with the prams functionality, ease of movement and performance.
The team have also been helpful with any queries.

Purchased in February 2018 for $800.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Stef, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family are loving your JIVE² and that you receive so many comments about the look of it. I am pleased to hear that you also had positive experiences with our customer care team :) RB Team xx

Absolutely love everything but..

I absolutely love my reds baby jive 2 carbon pram, it’s light weight, so easy to move, folds to easily in one movement (if seat is facing forwards!) Baby is comfortable & will go to sleep in the pram.
BUT... I hate the basket.. it sits too low to the ground, the back board is too floppy & I always forget to put it down when folding the pram so it gets squashed and damaged, & you have to take everything out of the basket to fold the pram..
I would be amazing if redsbaby could just create a stretchy mesh type basket, similar shape & size to the redsbaby metro basket.. that you don’t have to fold in each time & that you can leave your items in while folding the whole pram!
Otherwise I do love it, & recommend it highly! & the love fact that it can become & tandem pram in the future while still staying it’s same size & shape! And the redsbaby customer service is amazing - so quick & SO HELPFUL!

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,000.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family are loving your JIVE². I am happy to hear that you also had a positive experience with our customer care team :) RB Team xx

I absolutely love my reds any pram!! It looks amazing, gets around great and everyone I know has one!! Speaks for itself

Easy to manoeuvre around, looks great, my baby loves it. It looks stylish, without the crazy price tag that some prawns actually cost. I got the light grey one and it is sooooooo easy to clean. I love being apart of the redsbaby family

Purchased in April 2018.

Manoeuvrability
Hi Steph, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are happy to have you a part of the Redsbaby family for sure. I'm glad you love your pram :) RB team xx

Frequently Asked Questions about Redsbaby Jive

Can you adjust the recline on a Redsbaby Jive?

While the bassinet option on the Redsbaby Jive remains stationarily flat, the seat option can reclined to several positions. Depending on your version, you can adjust the recline by either via buttons on the side of the pram, or a latch on the back of the seat.

How do I clean my Redsbaby Jive?

Redsbaby says that the material that comprises the Jive are designed to be highly durable and stain resistant, and will only require a damp cloth to clean spot stains.

How can I purchase a Redsbaby Jive?

Redsbaby exclusively sells their strollers on their online store at redsbaby.com.au. Redsbaby also hosts “Demo Days” where you can check out their strollers, including the Jive, in person.

Latest Consumer Questions

How long would shipping take for the pram to get to Adelaide?
Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your question. It will depend on which pram you decide on and the colour as we have different dispatch dates for each pram at the moment. You can view the expected dispatch dates by clicking on the individual colours and the shipping date will pop up. Once shipped, the pram can take from 2-7 business days to be delivered depending on your location. Brooke - RB Team xx

Hi there just got home from a walk and locked the pram when I unlocked the pram to move into a different room the back left wheel won’t move seems to be locked not sure what to do any help will be great
Hi Jack, try removing the back tyre and put it back in again.Hi Jack, Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear this. Please reach out to the team on 1300 344 964 or info@redsbaby.com.au so the team can assist in resolving this for you ASAP. Brooke - RB Team xx

Hi there, we just put our Jive 2 pram together and it doesn’t want to turn left and right. The wheels only go straight. Is that normal? I assumed all prams would turn. Thank you. Mia
There are 2 buttons on top of the front wheels. Push them down into the up position and it should unlock the wheelsHi Mia, As Char pointed out, the front wheels are swivel but you can lock them in to use the pram on rough or uneven terrain. When locked, the pram is hard to steer. To unlock, you just need to press the circle buttons above the wheels on the main frame and this will unlock the wheels and allow them to swivel. Please reach out to customer care if you have any questions at all. RB Team xx

JIVE2JIVE2 PlatinumJIVE
Price (RRP) $849.00$949.00
Seating Type Single and TandemSingle and Tandem
Convertible YesYes
Max User Weight 20 kg20 kg
Seat OrientationConvertibleConvertible
Bassinet Compatible Yes (Included)Yes (Included)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adaptersYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Reversible Handle, Side-by-side Storage, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Reversible Handle, Side-by-side Storage, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Weight17 kg17 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Folded Dimensions38 x 58 x 73 cm38 x 58 x 73 cm