Redwin Sorbolene Moisturiser

Redwin Sorbolene Moisturiser

Perfect for highly sensitive, reactive, eczema prone skin

I have used this for years. I suffer from awful eczema (atopic dermatitis) and have done since I was a baby. Without using a moisturiser my skin is a mess and I need to resort to either very strong topical corticosteroids or oral ones when it really gets out of control.
However, if I use this twice a day, my skin stays hydrated and soft and more importantly eczema free.
For me eczema is as a result of my skin barrier not working correctly, so moisturiser is just something I will have to use for the rest of my life unless they find a cure!

I always wait until Coles do this for half price which makes it about $3.50/L. Can’t say fairer than that.

It's a 'Has Been'

I used this product for years ..... I used to tip some into a jar and take it whenever I flew or cruised. I can't do this any longer because it is too thin - it has become a liquid instead of a cream. I am looking for a better product, one like the original Sorbolene if possible. Very disappointed with Redwin, I used to trust the brand ..... not any more.

Excellent for moisturising legs etc

I have very sensitive skin and also do not like frangrances.This is a great moisturiser for legs and torso. Works great. It is too oily for use on the face... but that is understandable. It has a little bit of a smell but quite alright. Highly recommended.

Great Multi-use Moisturiser

I use this when bathing the kids along side this goat milk baby body wash product I got and it has worked wonders on keeping them clean / moisturised (my daughter, 1years old, has very sensitive skin so this has helped a lot in calming it down). I also use this for moisturising their skin from time to time and for my own face when I need an extra boost of hydration. I also find it good as a makeup remover / shaving cream... It's very affordable, great price, bought from coles, will buy again.

It works!

I would highly recommend this cream. Why pay for mor expensive products when thi really works. I’ve used it for years and cannot fault it. It’s a must for me.

sorbolene cream.

i had surgery for a broken ankle & around the scarring area the skin is very dry. i rubbed sorbolene onto the affected area & it & the scars have become quite red & little itchy bump looking thingies. i think i'll just let the leg be dry until all heals.

Disgusting smell

It is to my deepest disappointment and dismay, that this product's smell is absolutely horrifying. It may moisterise deeply, however, the playdoe odour leaves a deep resentment for this product and feeling of contempt that cannot be disembled.

THIS Product actually works i tested on removal of scaly elbow skin 3 days gone

There's not many products that do what they say
but I had this annoying scaly Elbow skin for so many years
and just applied a small amount every day x 3 days poof woke up smooth as a baby's bum :)
I Never ever write a review, but it got to me & made in OZ awesome
hitting near 60 but feel 40 still :)

Used it for 25 years ...

I'm very fair and sensitive skinned. I have used this product, without ill affect, and with daily sunscreen application, since my early 20s.
I am 46 years old and many people think I look as if I'm still in my 30s. Therefore i would highly recommend the use of this product (with daily sunscreen application).

Highly effective

Due to the extremely thick consistency of Redwin, eczema flare ups for me have been easy to manage. As well as this, since this brand is essentially Sorbolene I know for certain that my skin is not being exposed to any harsh chemicals when using this product. To conclude, this cream is absolutely perfect for anybody with dry skin.

Saved my life

This product has saved my skin. I'm had really dry sensitive skin and perioral dermatitis around my mouth and nose area. Since using this moisturiser my skin has transformed! It's soft and renewed. This cream is perfect for sensitive skin, I use it all over my face and dab extra under my eyes to double hydrate that area. I also use this after I shave to prevent shaving rash and it's perfect at it. I also use it after I've been in the sun and it leaves my skin soothed and soft. I can't recommend this cream enough to anyone who has a similar skin issue like ezchema of dermatitis or even just dry skin. I use this after washing my face with the cussions oatmeal bar soap which has helped my skin dramatically, these two products are a match made in heaven!

Cheap but effective!

This moisturizer is so cheap but works wonders on the skin. I have an acne prone, oily and sensitive skin and this product is just as good as than the pricier brands out there. After using it, I will never go back to the more expensive ones. It does what it says and I have had no issues with it - keeps my skin moisturised! I use it day and night for both of my skincare routines.

Eliminated my age old problem of shaving rash

I have always used a disposable razor to hand shave my face, with hot water and a lather of shaving foam. Although I have tried various combinations of shavers and shaving foam, I always suffered varying degrees of shaving rash after shaving - red blotchy skin on the shaved area, most notable when I haven't shaved for a day or two, and I am removing a two or three day growth. I first tried using Redwin Sorbolene as a lather to shave about 6 months ago, and I have never had an occurrence of shaving rash since. I wet my face with hot water, and completey cover the area to be shaved with sorbolene, and although it doesn't lather well, after shaving it off with the razor, the skin is smooth and clear, without any sign of shaving rash. This is the first product I have found that relieves facial rash after shaving, and I use it exclusively now. A side benefit is that it is far less expensive than the shaving foams, the only down side may be that the handbasin needs to be cleaned thoroughly after each shave, as the sorbolene tends to stick to the surface of the handbasin.

Thicker-than-average moisturiser.

This moisturiser is probably better to use during the winter as it's quite thick and I feel it takes a bit longer to get absorbed by my skin. It does hydrate for a long time, and it's great for dry, tough skin like that on the feet & elbows. However when the weather is warm, it tends to make my skin sweatier and stickier as it creates a barrier over my skin and doesn't let it breathe as easily.

Cheap but great body moisturiser.

I've been using this product for 3yrs now and I find it beneficial to my skin. It provides whole day moisturisation and is really great specially on winter. I use it on my neck down to my toes and it leaves my skin supple and smooth. It's mild and fragrance free so I use it on my daughter too since she was 3yo.

This product saved my skin

I don't understand why people are writing bad reviews. I've used this product over about 2 years now and it has completely changed my skin. I battle with Perioral dermatitis on my face and this is the only moisturiser I've used that has 1 made it go away and 2 not irratated my skin. It's natural and soaks in leaving my skin feel fresh and soft and gives a nice glow. I use this every day and night, it's great for exchema as my brother uses it for that too. I couldn't recommend this cream enough!

OK

The moisturiser is ok but could make some changes.The moisturiser tightens my skin. My friend asked me the other day which moisturiser between Redwin or Cetaphil is better, I would say Cetaphil is the winner in this case

Not so good..

Makes my skin soooo soft. If you read on the back it says you can use it to shave, so I thought I'd give it a go, but now I have big red rashes all over my leg and it really stings. Only recommended for people with non sensitive skins and just use it as a basic moisturiser.

Developed a weird red rash

Developed a rash around 15 - 20 minutes after using this product for the first time. I'm possibly allergic to something in it. The rash is not itchy, not pain at this point but rather many red and tiny "pen-dot" sized dots that are spread out. I'm going to wash the moisturiser off now (this could just be me).

Why change a great formula

I have used this product for years and just recently purchased another bottle from my local pharmacy. What have you done to the formula!!! This used to be a rich, creamy product that soaked into the skin. Now it's a watery, slimy cream that sits on top of the skin and basically it's crap. Never buying it again!