Lovena

LovenaPerth, WA

Vintage in Perth

I bought a bike online, made a mess of things with the expected timing of delivery. I phoned up the WA store where Pascal not only changed the colour of my order (thanks for making it so easy), he put my vintage bicycle together and I had it in my hands days earlier than expected. This is actually the third time I’ve bought from Reid Cycles... I gave away my first bike due to moving, the second was a Mother’s Day present for my Mum and lucky number three is for me of course! Seven years between my first and last bike... I’d happily recommend Reid Cycles (the Perth store in particular)!

Aaron M.

Terrible experience

Store LocationWebsite

I.Junarsa

I.JunarsaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Item is not as described.

Poor customer service, wrong communication

I have ordered two bikes online and after a long delay got an email saying my model is not available and suggesting me to upgrade to a higher model. I agreed and paid for it. Again got emails for delays in transit and finally got a sms to collect my bikes. When I visited the store, one bike was not arrived. Again contacted the customer service but no use. Store Rep confirmed they never received my bike.It is a waste of time, and seeking a refund now. It almost took 50 days and didn't have a positive outcome. I should have listened to the previous feedbacks here and not used their service.

bradley

bradleySouth East Queensland, QLD

You get what you pay for

Store LocationWoolloongabba

mtb disc pro 27.5

Bought this bike online. Goods arrived a few days later. All in good order. I'm pretty hands on bike person, but by no means a pro bike mechanic. I needed to adjust the disc brakes/calibers in the back it was making noise as you pedal because the brake pad is rubbing against the disc. If you YouTube around you'll find ways to adjust the disc pads so it doesn't rub against it. Apart from this, shifting is smooth. Remember to lube your chain too. Most of this would have been done if you buy the bike in the shop.

David

DavidPerth

Poor quality. 4 warranty claims.

I bought a bicycle from Reid Cycles. In the year I've owned it, it's continually had problems. From vibrating pedals to grinding sounds in the drive train. So far they've admitted that they assembled the bicycle incorrectly which caused the vibrating pedals. For the grinding sound when pedalling, they've said that the grease inside the drive train has disappeared which has caused the drive train to rust away internally. So far I've made 4 warranty claims yet still have problem after problem. I'm now going to the Department of Consumer Protection and the ACCC to get this sorted. It's been a huge pain and a massive annoyance. I just wish I had a bike that worked.

Store LocationPerth
OId Boy

OId BoyPerth, WA

Excellent service, great value for money

Excellent service from the team at Reid Balcatta. Thanks Brodie for the prompt and educated service/advice. No hanging around or wait time. My daughter was delighted with her new cruiser and I walked away with a new bike too. Looking forward to practicing my monos on the new bike.

Juanita T.

Juanita T.

Terrible service totally arrogant

Unhappycustomer

UnhappycustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Paid for services but wondering if much was done???

Store LocationNorth Melbourne
Michael

Michael

Perfect bullet proof commuter bike - Reid Urban X3

Store LocationNorth Melbourne
James

JamesPerth, WA

Childs bike gear broke in two weeks

My 11 year old son saved up for a mountain bike. We went to the Balcatta store and put a deposit down on a 'charcoal' mountain bike. We received a call to pick up the bike and once in store found the bike to be blue. My son was a little upset but accepted the colour after offered a free tool bag ($15).
After two weeks, the gears broke at the wheel and chain snapped. I took the bike in and was told that was not covered under warranty.
My son is very upset and now need to take elsewhere and repair the broken gears.
Be very wary of these cheap bikes and non service of warranty.

Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Poor Customer Service

Purchased the MTB Pro on Monday 22nd June online after being told by the Sydney store that it could be ready for collection within 2 days. Called them on Thursday 25th June - phone in Sydney office either doesn't get picked up or is on busy dial tone. When I did get through I got put on hold for 18 minutes until I got fed up and hung up. I then wrote to the support email to ask for an update. All the reply said was that things are delayed due to the current circumstances (Covid ?). Strange because they sent an email out to say 3000 new bikes had arrived. Until now Friday 26th June I am still waiting for a reply.

Store LocationOnline Purchase for pickup at NSW
Colin

ColinSydney, NSW

Love the bike but brakes are scary lol.

Just received our MTB which was purchased on a budget of under $400. Very, very impressed with it's overall quality and it really is a smart looking bike in the new Charcoal colour (i'd call it met light blue personally). The couple of quality extras which were thrown in (front & rear little lights & key/cable lock) bought the price down to close to $300 for the bike by itself. So it really was excellent value for the $$........
BUT OMG......THE Braaaaakes!!! lol. Scary as hell on first steep down hill decline. Hopefully they will bed-in and become a lot more responsive. I really wasn't expecting the nearly zero response when I grabbed the levers. So beware and be careful if your sending your kids down a steep hill on one.

Charul

CharulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic Buying and after service

Store LocationReid Melbourne

Awesome service at Reid Cycles Balcatta

I just want to say I was very happy with the service and staff at Reid cycles balcatta they were very helpful and assembled my bike in a timely manner. I love my new bike very easy to ride as it is light but still very sturdy.

Store LocationBalcatta, Perth, WA
Matt

Matt

Ordered online

The store in Adelaide do not answer their phone. I left a message but no return of call. I’m sure they will say, as has been response in other reviews, we are busy like that’s a reason to drop any service?

Dean F.