5Reid Vintage Ladies

49%22%29%

Sturdy, stable frame
Simple to assemble
Comfortable to ride
Some parts not as durable as expected

E E.
E E.South East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Vintage Ladies

I love it, but it does have some faults

I got the petite version as Im 5’0” but its still too high for me as I am at the very bottom end of the height scale for this.
My issues with this bike are the rough and clicky gears from the onset (apparently need to be tuned often) and how unsteady it is with any weight in the basket. I put a child seat on the back and it wants to fall over constantly, and has done a few times with said child in the seat. Show details
Mel
Mel
Mandy
MandyHunter Region, NSW6 posts
GIPSYS
GIPSYSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC25 posts

❤️ VINTAGE LADIES CLASSIC PLUS ❤️

I purchased the charcoal size L bike & i am 164cm tall, the charcoal helmet to match & a combination bike lock all from Reid Cycles. Delivery was within 2 days. Assembly was easy & I had no trouble putting the bike together without help. I love my new bike & purchased the baskets elsewhere. I’ve ridden this down my local streets & have got compliments & neighbours asking where did I buy the bike from. I look forward to my spring/summer rides & also to get fit along my journey. Looks like my car will be used less this summer. Thank you for an awesome looking bike. Show details ·  1
AlyssaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Looks nice but have had 5 punctures within 2 weeks

I love the look of this bike but I’ve continuously had punctures in both tyres when riding on smooth surfaces and it feels super clunky, I’m disappointed in this bike as I was so excited for it. Show details
Gus7
Gus7Far North Queensland, QLD23 posts
Jill
Jill
  7-Speed Classic

Nice style but built out of the wrong materials

Oh the irony, if you see an actual vintage bicycle around you know it lasted because of a quality build, most of these vintage styled Reid bikes will probably be in the landfill within a decade of their life. My bikes tyres, rims and pedals all broke within the first two years use ( pretty minimal use too). All the exposed chrome was rusting within six months and it was stored in a weather proof bike shed, the arms to the mudguards were the worst, the outer chrome coloured coating fully flaking away from the bristling rust. I see these bikes around town occasionally and they are all rusting.

The front basket with the removable inner basket is one of the better design features and very practical.

Show details

Kelly
Kelly3 posts
Reid Cycles
Reid Cycles   DM

Hi Kelly, Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've sent you a private message in the hopes we can resolve this for you. Wes.

Myf
MyfGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
Ruediger
RuedigerBrisbane5 posts
Shlo
ShloSouthbank
  Singlespeed

It's Good but can be Excellent!

I received by bike today. I love my watermelon color bike. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the delivery, the parts are in good condition but fixing my bike seems to be a nightmare. I only wish if they sent a person to assemble the bike. After reading the manual I started to panic if I am fixing it the right way. Due to safety reasons it's always good to have a professional doing this job. Now I need to take it back to the store to get it fixed. It's a double work. Thats the only drawback. Otherwise, I'm a big fan of this vintage bike!

Lilbluerider
LilblueriderMelbourne

So freaking awesome :-)

My partner bought me this in blue for my birthday. It is awesome! The only negative is the chain guard is a little flimsy, but it's easy to correct and one of the keys for my included bike-lock doesn't fit lol...so hopefully i never lose the 1 key! Recommend!!! I have the small model, I'm 158cm and this fits just right if I set the seat on the lowest safest point. Shipping was excellent and all parts in perfect condition.

David
DavidAdelaide26 posts
  Singlespeed

Decent bike for the price

A great looking bike that does the job. It is however quite heavy and the self assembly may turn people off of it. I put together my ex girlfriends and it took a little while to get everything right. With that in mind it runs fine and is pretty comfortable to ride. The basket is a nice addition and besides making it look more vintage it is actually practical. You can put groceries in here for small shops so that you don't need to take the car. It's definitely a more casual bike and those looking for performance should definitely look elsewhere.

Kasserole
KasseroleNsw4 posts
  6-Speed

Love the look, but needs some improvements

I have had my watermelon vintage bike for nearly 2 years now. I like how comfortable it is to ride and the look of the bike. However, the stand needs to be stronger to hold the weight of the bike (especially with the front basket on - it always falls over). Also, when I push the gear lever up into top gear the chain can fall off and jam. I just avoid top gear, just incase. Finally, the mud guards, chain guard and basket attachment are all very flimsy and make an awful clanging noise when on uneven roads. If these things could be improved it would be a top bike.

Kate
KateMelbourne, Victoria
  Vintage Ladies

Love my bike!

I won the vintage classic 7-speed through a Reid giveaway and love my bike! I have had no troubles with it - and was probably going to buy one anyway. The staff at the Melbourne store were AMAZING - super friendly and totally excited for me. Great bike, great service!

Michael Robert B.
Michael Robert B. · Reid Vintage Ladies

H ow much are they

Louise
Louise · Reid Vintage Ladies

Hi,
I'm in the UK and I have recently bought the small ladies 46cm classic lite bicycle.
According to the website it's suitable for between 4ft9 and 5ft2, but it seems too big for me, and I'm 5ft!
I don't understand, how can I establish if the bike is in fact the correct size for me?

Shiromi A.
Shiromi A. · Vintage Ladies 7-Speed Classic

Hi,
I bought this bike because it looks nice.

Now I am thinking how do I assemble the bike.

Does it come with a tool and manual?

Thank you!

Alyssa

It comes with a manual and you can buy the tool kit but it isn’t necessary if you have a tool box at home it should be ok

Features:

• Reid’s Vintage Ladies Bikes are retro, Dutch style step through bicycles that are designed for cruising along the road or pavement.
  • The current models on offer are the Vintage Ladies Classic Plus ($379.99), the Vintage Ladies Petite 24” ($379.99), the Vintage Ladies Lite ($429.99), and the Vintage Ladies Deluxe ($489.99).
  • With the exception of the Vintage Ladies Deluxe, all of the Reid Vintage Ladies Bikes have 7 gears for easy riding in a range of settings.
  • Reid Vintage Ladies Bikes have Promax Dual-Pivot Caliper Brakes (except for the Vintage Ladies Deluxe), making stopping a piece of cake and providing you with extra safety.
  • With all the bikes, you have the option of adding a front basket to your order, so you can easily store your personal items, groceries, or anything else you may want to bring along on your ride.
  • Reid offers a lifetime frame warranty, a 2-year warranty on parts and 12 months of free servicing when you purchase one of their bicycles.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the bike had a sturdy, stable frame.
  • They also noted that the bike was easy to assemble, even for inexperienced riders.
  • According to reviewers, this bike is comfortable to ride around in.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers noted that certain parts of their bikes weren’t as durable as they expected them to be, and because of this their bike required servicing soon after buying it.
Compare all Reid Vintage Ladies listings