Reid Vintage Ladies

7-Speed Classic, 6-Speed, Singlespeed, etc...

Pros

• Sturdy, stable frame

• Simple to assemble

• Comfortable to ride

Cons

• Some parts not as durable as expected

GIPSYSVictoria

❤️ VINTAGE LADIES CLASSIC PLUS ❤️

I purchased the charcoal size L bike & i am 164cm tall, the charcoal helmet to match & a combination bike lock all from Reid Cycles. Delivery was within 2 days. Assembly was easy & I had no trouble putting the bike together without help. I love my new bike & purchased the baskets elsewhere. I’ve ridden this down my local streets & have got compliments & neighbours asking where did I buy the bike from. I look forward to my spring/summer rides & also to get fit along my journey. Looks like my car will be used less this summer. Thank you for an awesome looking bike.

Purchased in September 2020 at Reid Cycles.

Reid CyclesReid Cycles

AlyssaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Looks nice but have had 5 punctures within 2 weeks

I love the look of this bike but I’ve continuously had punctures in both tyres when riding on smooth surfaces and it feels super clunky, I’m disappointed in this bike as I was so excited for it.

Purchased for $330.00.

Gus7

Gus7Far North Queensland, QLD

Esprit Superlite. Good but not worth the extra $100

Purchased in May 2019 at Reid Cycles Online Store for $509.94.

Find out how Reid Vintage Ladies compares to other Road Bikes

Nice style but built out of the wrong materials

Oh the irony, if you see an actual vintage bicycle around you know it lasted because of a quality build, most of these vintage styled Reid bikes will probably be in the landfill within a decade of their life. My bikes tyres, rims and pedals all broke within the first two years use ( pretty minimal use too). All the exposed chrome was rusting within six months and it was stored in a weather proof bike shed, the arms to the mudguards were the worst, the outer chrome coloured coating fully flaking away from the bristling rust. I see these bikes around town occasionally and they are all rusting.
The front basket with the removable inner basket is one of the better design features and very practical.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Drives me up the Wall

Date PurchasedDec 2014
David F.Reid Cycles

Hi Kelly, Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've sent you a private message in the hopes we can resolve this for you. Wes.

Kelly
Kelly

Reid cycles private messaged me and sent me out the replacements needed so the spokes dont fall out anymore - free of charge. Really great fixing of the problem - wish I had of just sent them an email first. They seem quite reasonable.

You get what you pay for

Date PurchasedJune 2012

RuedigerBrisbane

Beautiful and graceful bike! Ride in style!

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Lex G.Reid Cycles
Shlo

ShloSouthbank

It's Good but can be Excellent!

I received by bike today. I love my watermelon color bike. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the delivery, the parts are in good condition but fixing my bike seems to be a nightmare. I only wish if they sent a person to assemble the bike. After reading the manual I started to panic if I am fixing it the right way. Due to safety reasons it's always good to have a professional doing this job. Now I need to take it back to the store to get it fixed. It's a double work. Thats the only drawback. Otherwise, I'm a big fan of this vintage bike!

Lilbluerider

LilblueriderMelbourne

So freaking awesome :-)

My partner bought me this in blue for my birthday. It is awesome! The only negative is the chain guard is a little flimsy, but it's easy to correct and one of the keys for my included bike-lock doesn't fit lol...so hopefully i never lose the 1 key! Recommend!!! I have the small model, I'm 158cm and this fits just right if I set the seat on the lowest safest point. Shipping was excellent and all parts in perfect condition.

David

DavidAdelaide

Decent bike for the price

A great looking bike that does the job. It is however quite heavy and the self assembly may turn people off of it. I put together my ex girlfriends and it took a little while to get everything right. With that in mind it runs fine and is pretty comfortable to ride. The basket is a nice addition and besides making it look more vintage it is actually practical. You can put groceries in here for small shops so that you don't need to take the car. It's definitely a more casual bike and those looking for performance should definitely look elsewhere.

Kasserole

KasseroleNsw

Love the look, but needs some improvements

I have had my watermelon vintage bike for nearly 2 years now. I like how comfortable it is to ride and the look of the bike. However, the stand needs to be stronger to hold the weight of the bike (especially with the front basket on - it always falls over). Also, when I push the gear lever up into top gear the chain can fall off and jam. I just avoid top gear, just incase. Finally, the mud guards, chain guard and basket attachment are all very flimsy and make an awful clanging noise when on uneven roads. If these things could be improved it would be a top bike.

Kate

KateMelbourne, Victoria

Love my bike!

I won the vintage classic 7-speed through a Reid giveaway and love my bike! I have had no troubles with it - and was probably going to buy one anyway. The staff at the Melbourne store were AMAZING - super friendly and totally excited for me. Great bike, great service!

mrwowsvintage

mrwowsvintageMelbourne

Girlfriends loves it more than she loves me!

I recently purchased one of those vintage bikes for my girlfriend which came with a cane basket add on. Best birthday present i think I have ever gotten her, she literally rides everywhere now. She even brings it into our room at night (says its for security but I know she just likes looking at it when she wakes up!) Anyway, thanks to the guys at the Melbourne shop for getting it sorted for me...going to be hard to top her birthday next year!

Lisa AnneMelbourne

Really sick of trying to love this piece of junk!!!!!!!

Lisa Anne

Thanks Joel for the swift response. I have written a more thorough description direct to Reid's email. I will forward this email to you now.

emethys

emethysMelbourne, Victoria

value for money

I love my Reid vintage bike, I think it was worth the money. Pretty cheap quality on some parts ( basket bracket and bolts don't line up properly, bolts don't secure well, handlebars fell out once, chain guard very bendable) but overall, good for what they cost. And gorgeous to look at :)
colour range, style, affordability
cheap quality on some parts.

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi Emethys. The issues you mention are related to assembly. Please return the bike for a free service after a few weeks and mention these issues. I have passed this to the Workshop Manager in Melbourne. Regards, David

Steve

StevePerth

Handle bars fell off

My partner purchased a 6-speed vintage ladies bike from the Perth store on Erindale road. We got it home and next day she took it out for a ride along the river. On her way home the handle bars worked loose and came out while she was riding, she came off the bike as a result from this and ended up with a few bumps and bruises and had to walk the bike home. She called the shop and they replace the bike and told us the one we first picked up had not been safety checked as it didn't have a blue dot on the handle bars, they also said this happens quite often. So if you are thinking of buying a shop built one check for a blue dot sticker on the handle bars.
good price
came apart while riding

Amanda

Arrived with damaged pieces and was nor simple to assemble dont buy

I ordered a vintage bike came with broken and bent pieces, the video made it look simple which was not the case, no video of how to assemble bike basket, told them what happend they said to. Send it back and get new parts,they want me to pay and send back a part so I can get another damaged part. Very dissapointed never again, I'm going to sell it or chuck it in the tip!! Don't waste your money, get the expensive other choices from competitors. Not. Worth the trouble!

Cheap, [censored word removed], came broken bits, deliver company was [censored word removed]

Amanda

It also said free delivery australia wide but NO they emailed me saying I had to pay $70 shipping. What the f

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi Amanda. None of our marketing says 'Free Shipping Australia Wide'. We offer free shipping to some bike customers in metro areas but can't possibly send free shipping around the country. Freight on a bike can be very expensive.

what to expect when you pay a low-mid range price

s.wendy.greta
s.wendy.greta

Yeah! Everyone says they have bad customer service but it was fine when I went. I want to get the 6-speed ladies bike in coffee sometime around Christmas. Also, the frame is made from steel, which is heavier than aluminium, but stronger. :)

Reid Cycles Ladies Vintage Bike

I bought a watermelon coloured 6-speed vintage ladies bike earlier this year and it is an excellent bike. Very fun and easy to ride and I always get comments from passers by say what a nice bike it is. The colour is nice and bright so it's easy to pick out. I was also very impressed with how long it took to arrive, I ordered it on a Tuesday and it arrived on the Thursday. I ride it to uni every day. Since buying it, some of my friends have also bought one. They are a very reasonable price so I definitely recommend buying one.
Iona

Pilsy85Sunshine Coast

Gorgeous bike... disappointing quality and even worse service.

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi Pilsy85. Can you please give me the name this was ordered under so I can follow this up for you? Please email david@reidcycles.com.au

Pilsy85

I would like to convey my thanks to David / Reid Cycles Official for following up on the missing items. This has most certainly restored my faith in Reid Cycles. I am very appreciative.

Shiromi A.

Shiromi A.asked

Vintage Ladies 7-Speed Classic

Hi,
I bought this bike because it looks nice.

Now I am thinking how do I assemble the bike.

Does it come with a tool and manual?

Thank you!

Alyssa

It comes with a manual and you can buy the tool kit but it isn’t necessary if you have a tool box at home it should be ok

Helena G.

Helena G.asked

Hi i was wondering what the weight limit for the Ladies Vintage Classic Bike is

100 kilos

Amarente

Amarenteasked

Reid Vintage Ladies

Hi, I'm going to buy the Reid Vintage Classic Petite 24" bike, does anyone know if it's designed for a child's seat to be on the back? Thank you in advance.

Hello Amarente,
Unfortunately a Child Carrier / Seat will not work on the Vintage Classic Petite 24" Bike as it is not a Full size Bike. For a Child Carrier to ba able to succuessfully fit onto a bike it will need to be at least require the bike to have 26" or 700C size wheels.
Kind Regards,
Reid Cycles.

Get an answer from our members and Reid Cycles representatives

Features:

• Reid’s Vintage Ladies Bikes are retro, Dutch style step through bicycles that are designed for cruising along the road or pavement.
  • The current models on offer are the Vintage Ladies Classic Plus ($329.99), the Vintage Ladies Petite 24” ($269.99), the Vintage Ladies Lite ($399.99), and the Vintage Ladies Deluxe ($449.99).
  • With the exception of the Vintage Ladies Deluxe, all of the Reid Vintage Ladies Bikes have 7 gears for easy riding in a range of settings.
  • Reid Vintage Ladies Bikes have Promax Dual-Pivot Caliper Brakes (except for the Vintage Ladies Deluxe), making stopping a piece of cake and providing you with extra safety.
  • With all the bikes, you have the option of adding a front basket to your order, so you can easily store your personal items, groceries, or anything else you may want to bring along on your ride.
  • Reid offers a lifetime frame warranty, a 2-year warranty on parts and 12 months of free servicing when you purchase one of their bicycles.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the bike had a sturdy, stable frame.
  • They also noted that the bike was easy to assemble, even for inexperienced riders.
  • According to reviewers, this bike is comfortable to ride around in.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers noted that certain parts of their bikes weren’t as durable as they expected them to be, and because of this their bike required servicing soon after buying it.
Compare all 6 Reid Vintage Ladies