Rentalcars.com

Rentalcars.com

See the Best Car Hire Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

JohnJo T.

JohnJo T.Sydney, NSW

No help , No joy

Stan S.

Stan S.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service - exceptional yelling performance

Europcar unprincipled car rental company.

Appalled customer

Appalled customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

NEVER EVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

I have never written a review before, but the experience I had with RentalCars has spurred me into action. The worst experience I have ever had with a company. Would never use it again. I booked and paid for a Compact (Mercedes-Benz A-Class or similar). Got a tiny Renault that we could barely fit our luggage in. I attempted to obtain a refund. Figuring out how to make this request was almost impossible. They then spent two months "investigating" the matter. This culminated in them asking me for documents which they should have already had or were seemingly completely irrelevant. When I didn't provide these documents within a week, they told me my file had been closed. My belief is they should be investigated by the ACCC. Appalling.

Vehicle TypeRenault Clio

David L.

David L.Central West, NSW

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Hired a car in the uk for 29 days. Paid thru rental cars before hand and paid insurance. Car hired and paid the 250 pound deposit with europcar . Hire went well, car returned no accidents and full if fuel. 3 days after returning to australia a $750 chatge from europcar on my cc and no refund of deposit. Called rentalcars and put in a case. Apart from the initial case number email i cNnot now get them to update me on whats happening. So now$1200 out of pocket.

Joe S.

Joe S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Reluctant to refund.

MorleyFar North Queensland, QLD

Left stranded.

Rental cars booked me a car with Jucy. Jucy did not honour the contract and told me I had to find my own way to the airport after returning car.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Accent
Morley

Never ever again with these dodgy companies.

chelsea

chelseaSydney, NSW

DONT DO IT

Absolute rip off! They charge more than 3 times what the hire car company actually charges. Dont do it. Vehicle company was great but I should have just called the company direct.

adrian hauschildt

adrian hauschildtMurray Region, NSW

rip off company

i booked a car through this company online and cancelled booking 3 days prior to pick up and according to this company they offer you a full refund, wow what a load of crap, they very quick to take your money mind you but they do not refund it if you cancel booking so consumers beware, this company at best is half hence why i will be reporting them to consumer watchdog as well as too current affair, you would honestly be better off hiring a cab. oh and if you think ringing them helps it doesn't i've been put on hold for almost an hour, and then when they finally did get back on the phone they told me that i wasn't getting a refund with no reason

Loan

LoanNew South Wales

Rentalcars

NEVER AGAIN

Communication channels are very inefficient. I just needed to amend the driver's name I called and waited for about 40 minutes but nobody answered. I also send an email, I got the answer from Rentalcars 2 days after. I did not receive the car.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Accent

Avoid

I used rentalcars.com to hire an Ace Rental Cars vehicle. They charged me $50 for failing to fill up tank, despite filling up tank. Absolute rort - avoid at all costs.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Tucson

Matt

MattRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Unscrupulous company- avoid

Rogues- avoid. Booked car and insurance through them... they cancelled 5 minutes later after taking money from my credit card and I'm still waiting to get my money back. never again. no reason offered

RNK

RNKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Keep well away

Absolutely hopeless mob. Cancelled rental in Christchurch and after 3 weeks still unable to get full refund. They ask for info and details regarding issue, I send it yet nothing gets done. They simply don't care. A business with no morality and integrity judging by reviews here. Learnt the hard way. Keep away from these criminals.

Shane

ShanePerth, WA

Do not use them!!!!

Josephine

JosephineSydney, NSW

Terrible experience

Never again!

Worst customer experience of my life, do not go through these guys. I really can’t work out how Australian businesses would be affiliated with this organisation. I am a 44 year old businessman who has had a lot of dealings over the years with a whole range of organisations and I have never seen anything like these guys - be warned, they may be a bit cheaper than car dealers direct, but it’s not worth the pain

Maree

MareeSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I Could Give A Negative Star I Would

Paid for my car and took what I believed was a deposit bond. Asked for three weeks for my bond back and was told to fill out a form and wait, (could be 28days!!!) ONLY to be told there was no bond! Why would I pay $176 for a car for one day when the car cost $76. Europcar told me not to use them when I went to pick up the car and pay another bond!!! They knew best.... Please be warned with this company!

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

RIP off , dont use them

Came to oz from NZ, accidentally left licence in scanner, couldn't take car. Because of that and not ringing at collection time about it due to needing to bebun Brisbane in 2 hours via public transport, they kept the rental money for the whole ten day trip, not just a cancellation fee, the whole lot. TRIPZ, the pick up company did not advise is to ring immediately or lose everything, they just said email or ring when your ready, been emailing for 2 days, cancellation fee I can understand keeping the lot I cant understand.

Car hire rip off

Car hire rip offSydney, NSW

Ripped off by rental cars.com hire car scam

Rental cars .com ripped off hired a car but had to cancel one hour later they had the audacity to charge me not only the full price of hire but also a percentage of the insurance reduced excess I also paid for I work for Qantas Australia and have used many travel and holiday services and have never been ripped off by any other company untill rental cars.com come along I will never use this company again and would advise you to do the same read your contracts carefully as they will not advise you about this when making a booking (scammers )