Repco Sport Deluxe Bicycle Child Seat

Repco Sport Deluxe Bicycle Child Seat Questions & Answers

6 questions from our users

Beck

Beckasked

What is the height weight limit on this seat, not sure if my son is too big now

Paige

Paigeasked

My feet hit the foot rest as I pedal. Im looking to upgrade to a bigger bike M/L as current one is too small anyway. Would I still hit the foot rest? Can it be put on a bike with disc brakes.

Rebecca

Rebeccaasked

Does anyone know if these can be fitted on a Reid men's road style bike?

Patrick8888

I doubt if anybody is going to be able to answer for any specific model bike, unless they have done it on that bike...obviously bike models on the market are as stars in the sky...in general, ease of fitting depends on two factors.A.if the bike has the top screw recess holes in top frame trailing arms. In general, quality bikes do, bottom rung bikes do not. If you do not have holes in the frame provided for the top securing screws and brackets, fitting can be more complicated, as baby seat then needs to be either secured to bike seat bolt, or the fitting kit needs to provide clamp-loops.
The biggest issue, and disappointment I encountered fitting one of these , is that even with seat on and looking all secure and great, there is an issue with a LOT of bikes where your heels on pedals scrape badly against child foot recesses...there is not enough clearance for your feet in the pedalling cycle. This means you must pedal withe the pedal in middle of your instep or on your heel..which is an incorrect and inefficient pedalling position.

Nic

Nicasked

Can you buy replacement straps for this bike seat? As mine have perished.

I am unsure. Best to contact big w And ask them. Sorry I can't help

aquee
aquee

I have the same problem! Not sure where to buy replacement straps. The rest of the seat is still good.

Patrick8888

Usually with items like this, avenues of buying individual replacement parts is problematical.
Approach REPCO...but I would anticipate blank looks. Obviously the unit as a new kit is sourced from China. I doubt much thought has been given to replacement parts. Sort of, sell the kits...replace/refund defective units or unsatisfied punters...that's about it, you know?

ell

ellasked

Hi everyone i just bought one of these and lost the instructions! can someone please let me know how they are fitted and if they are suitable for all bikes? ( i have a vintage ladies cruiser)

Hi,
I have fitted mine seat to a cruiser. I had to take the rear mud guard off though. It works perfect and the little one loves riding! Enjoy

reg pratt

reg prattasked

What age range can you use use the seat?

18 kgs