• Rates and Fees

I have never experienced anything so inhumane.

Lauren C.Rest Superannuation

YvonneSydney, NSW

Insurance taken out of superannuation without my direct authorization or being advised I could opt out!!

Bonorva

BonorvaDarling Downs, QLD

Terrible experience

They transferred my money to ATO and closed my account without any notifications! The reason they closed my account was “there no activity for 13 months .” But I have been using it for last one year, my employer did contributed every three months, I can still see in my transaction history. I used online chatting service, they couldn’t even active my existing account but asked me to re-open a new one. It’s terrible service.
Now I have to waste time to get my money back.

Robert

RobertPeel, WA

Rest Super is the "Worst" Superannuation Fund in all Australia - Beware!

TeensSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience with a super fund.

Robert A.Rest Superannuation
sesw

sesw

INEFFICIENT

kept changing assessors, each 4-5 months and had to provide & explain again and again, they might not hand over properly, some of them were incompetent too, it used to be a good one, shocking!!

Dom

Excessive fees & abominable returns.

Thankfully, I have finally transferred my Super away from REST

Year on year, the fees they charged, grossly outweighed the return on investment. I genuinely believe a blindfolded monkey could throw a dart at a few investments and get a better return that what REST have delivered.

Fees extortionate.
Returns abysmal.
Investment transparency very very unclear.

They really do deserve 0 stars and I would never ever recommend REST to anyone.

CyberJack

CyberJackHobart, TAS

REST - Brought to Account in 2020

Useless Liars

They will put your technical issues (caused on their end, not my end) in the 'to hard basket' then push the blame onto the end user. Poor excuse of a 'technical' team. Wasted 6 months of my time to be told it was my fault.
Not recommended at all.

Robert A.Rest Superannuation

High vague fees

REST recently emailed members with their annual statements. This must have been very embarrassing for REST who charged thousands of dollars in fees (using very vague descriptions), yet only returned hundreds of dollars in interest, even for their better performing options.

Lauren C.Rest Superannuation
Andy

Your low rating on product review suggests a great deal about REST

Maxwell F.

Maxwell F.Central Queensland, QLD

Terrible

I have been a Rest member for 5 years but will be changing due to recent experiences. I have been attempting to claim a compassionate release for medical procedures and Rest have been terrible. I was originally told my super was escalated and paid. A week later no funds were released. Upon calling, I was then told that the claim was not even processed despite having it in writing that it was. I was then denied the ability to speak to a supervisor and told that they would contact me within 48 hours. At the time of writing this review my claim was still not processed. Not good enough Rest!

Tony

Tony

The Best Super Fund I have ever invested in is REST.

I have been with REST Super since 1993 and I'm very pleased with the excellent performance and low fees offered to its members. There's about 14 investment options to choose from or if your not sure how to invest you can opt for the Core Strategy, which is an excellent choice also.
Since I have been with REST, they have really helped me grow my Super and I know I'm in good hands. Thank you REST for really looking after your members.I can highly recommend them as the profits go back to there members and they are an industry Super Fund.

Paree

PareeSydney, NSW

Reconsider your super/insurer

Started looking around for a new super company after having to make an insurance claim (in May). I have been off work for 16 months already so didn’t think income protection would take any time at all. Let me tell you it’s been most disappointing and frustrating services I’ve ever dealt with. The process of this claim has actually worsened my injury. It’s causing me more anxiety and undue stress than any other company I’ve ever dealt with. Complaining to Rest are unable to help they just guide you back to AIA. I would seriously consider withdrawing your insurance with them and taking elsewhere. I am changing my whole super company after being with Rest my whole life. Extremely disappointing and upsetting service.

Felicity G.

Felicity G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Customer Service

Trying to change my surname as I have recently been married so that I can roll over my super to another fund. I have emailed them documentation and have had no follow up, it seems to be up to me to call them and ask why it hasn't gone through. Only to find out I need to provide something else. If I hadn't have called it would not have move forward at all...a simple process made painfully long and hard thanks to Rest.

Isabelle T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

REST is the WORST

Kristy G.Hobart, TAS

REST are destroying my life !!

am so so upset with rest its always the way the make me sicker and sicked Aia granted my tpd claime its in my super i have recieved no correespondence apparently the trustees need a medical report that has already been sent to aia i was told to ring in ten days ten days ago and now they are saying i need more !! Aia has already submited that i am entitled to it i have been dealing with them for 18 months and now it starts again im so so so desperate for help i would never ever reccomend rest to anyone !!!!

Kristy G.

I have sent you my details

Questionable delay techniques, high fees and terrible customer service

more excuses....

Mikaela L.Rest Superannuation

We have sent you a private message to discuss this further with you and would like to assist you with your withdrawal.

Mikaela.

Stay away

I requested to have my Rest contributions consolidated with my Host Plus super account; this never happened, instead all my contributions of almost $2000, were eventually depleted down to $0 due to insurance and other fees. Apparently the funds were not consolidated because my identity was unverified. Also, that's some insanely high fees you got there!
Customer service has not been helpful at all. I've called and sent many emails over the last 6 months and not one single person has attempted to rectify this.

Huseyin

Oh Really!!! Yeah, you guys really care about your members. Suddenly I'm getting help am I?

Worse superfund.

Superannuation management fees are way too high.
Customer service is non understanding. I would not Tec come to anyone to deal with them as your money will disappear very soon.
Reviews show everything

DavidSydney, NSW

Forgettable, truly forgettable

Hannah C.Rest Superannuation

Wazza

Wazzaasked

I'm over 60. If I retire fully from work force. How do I go about getting some of my money as cash into my bank?

Anthony F.Rest Superannuation

Hi Wazza,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Members are able to access their funds between 60-64 if they cease current employment to retire, or are already retired, or change employers. An alternative can be to setup a Transition to retirement (TTR) until reaching 65 or plan to retire from your current employer.

Rest advice can help with planning for your retirement to ensure you are financially prepared when work stops – this might include making sure your super works hard for you, and seeing if you are eligible for any Government benefits such as the age pension.

Just dial 1300 300 778 between 8am and 6pm AEDT on weekdays, and ask to receive personal advice on setting up your super for retirement.

You can also book a phone call back with this link here: https://rest.com.au/member/advice/restadvice-phone

When declaring retirement, you can commence a withdrawal request using our online benefit payment form. Here is a link to it: https://rest.transactcentral.com/RESTSuper/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=benefitpaymentformpu

If you prefer, you can also find a printable PDF version of the form on the same page linked above.

If you decide to print the form, you can email it to contactus@contact.rest.com.au, or post these documents to:

Rest Industry Super
PO Box 350
Parramatta NSW 2124

You may also be required to provide certified proof of ID. For information on how to get your ID certified, here is a link to our proof of ID fact sheet: https://www.rest.com.au/NEW-Document-library/Factsheets-and-Brochures/Member/Proof-of-Identity_FactSheet_WEBSAFE.pdf?ext=.

Once you've submitted your forms, please allow up to 5-7 business days for the process to be completed, and then an additional 1-3 business days for the funds to be cleared into your nominated bank account.

For posted documents, please allow additional time for it to be processed as the amount of time it can take to be received by Rest is dependent on the postal services.

If you have any further queries, you can reach us via the secure live chat service on our website (http://rest.com.au/contact-us). If you have the Rest mobile app, you can also get in touch using the 'Message us' and 'Click to call' features.

Our team is available 8am-10pm weekdays, 9am-6pm Saturdays and 10am-6pm Sundays AEDT.

I hope you find this information useful.

Anthony

Kerrie Elmer

Kerrie Elmerasked

Can I apply for my super on the grounds of hardship when on income protection payments.

Jessie H.Rest Superannuation

Good morning Kerrie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to this.
I am sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time and hope that we can assist you moving forward.

The criteria for withdrawing under financial hardship, though quite strict, does not bring into account any source of income except for Centrelink.
To be eligible you must meet criteria under either Case 1 or Case 2; which I will explain below:

Case 1-
You must have been receiving Commonwealth income support payments for 26 continuous weeks and be unable to meet reasonable and immediate family living expenses

Case 2-
You have reached your preservation age, plus 39 weeks and you have been receiving Commonwealth income support payments for a cumulative period of 39 weeks since reaching preservation age.
For this case you must also not be gainfully employed at the date of application (unemployed or employed for less than 10 hours a week)

The applicable payment types are as follows:

- Age Pension
- Special benefit
- Widow allowance
- Wife pension
- Youth allowance

If you are a full-time student, you must not be receiving ABSTUDY, Austudy or Youth allowance to qualify.

Should you not meet either of these Kerrie, we have other options that we can discuss.

In order to withdraw your super you must meet one or more of our conditions of release.

Please see below for Rest's Conditions of Release:
- Reach age 65, or stop working on or after age 60
- Retire permanently from the workforce after reaching your "preservation age"
- Reach your preservation age and receive super benefits in a pension whilst still working (TTR)
- Become permanently incapacitated
- Are diagnosed with a terminal illness with a life expectancy of less than 24 months
- Leave or change your employer and your preserved benefit is less than $200
- Are a temporary resident permanently leaving Australia
- Satisfy the relevant Australian regulatory body that your money should be released for compassionate reasons.
- Financial hardship as defined by the ATO
- Early release due to hardship brought on by covid-19

Because I am not fully aware of your situation, I am not able to provide the relevant information at his time. If you could please go to the link below, this will take you to a web page that outlines our criteria and eligibility for early release of super:

Alternatively, if you would like to send us a private message, I would be happy to assist you further.

You can also chat to us online via rest.com.au/contact-us between 8am – 10pm weekdays, 9am – 6pm Saturday and 10am – 6pm AEDT Sunday.
And if you have the app, you can also message us or use the click-to-call function.
Or, if you’d like to speak with our administration team, you can call us on 1300 300 778 between 8am – 10pm AEDT weekdays.

Jessie

Still_waiting_4_my_money

Still_waiting_4_my_moneyasked

Why do you keep using delay techniques to hold on to people's money? Why does your phone lines keep customer waiting for more than 1h without an answer?

Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear that you feel this way.

I can assure you that we do not use delay techniques to hold onto members money. Our phone lines may currently be busy, however we have other platforms which you can contact us on to assist you.

You can use the 'Click-to-Call' or 'Message Us' function in the Rest App, using our LiveChat feature on the Rest Website (rest.com.au) or I can get a few details off you today and assist you with your enquiry.

Makealah