• Rates and Fees

Kristy G.

Kristy G.Hobart, TAS

Back in hospital suspected stroke

Makealah C.Rest Superannuation

Stay away from this insurance company

Mikaela L.Rest Superannuation

Worst Experience Ever

Ben

Ben

Impossible to claim income protection insurance

Un Happy

Un HappyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Recent Review “Un Happy”

I recently reviewed as unhappy, Joshua a Rest staff member reached out to me and I am very pleased with the outcome of his investigation. Thankyou for excellent customer service Joshua C.

Stressed and worried

Stressed and worriedCentral West, NSW

Insurances - costly no choice it's all or nothing

WRD

WRDSydney

Worst service at the worst time.

We had a family member die unexpectedly ... 2 months after sending request, the solicitor is still trying to get death benefit finalised. REST has simply ignored solicitor correspondence. Very poor service at a time people need help the most.

Jessie H.Rest Superannuation

GeorgiaAU

REST: considered one of the worst

You hear it from REST members: their balances never go up because REST are too busy deducting everything they can - is that to keep their executives in high overpaid salaries? Rather than helping members, they are feathering their own nests. If you join up, make sure you check the hidden fees too. There should be an investigation into superannuation companies. How is anybody going to get a comfortable retirement with companies like this?

Georgia

Joshua , why does REST charge an “Admin fee” and an “Administration Fee”. That is double dipping! These are both deducted on the same day and doesn’t make sense

Jessie H.Rest Superannuation

Phillip

PhillipPerth, WA

REST response. I don't know where to start

DwayneSouth West, WA

Shame on you rest

Read the reviews about Rests previous insurer AIA. For income protection etc. They are shocking. Then read reviews on their new insurer. TAL they are equally shocking. I pity your claiments, I should refrase that to "attempted "claiments.

Kimberly S.

Kimberly S.Far North Queensland, QLD

My REST income protection is a life saver.

I injured my back and shortly after I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I am very happy that REST approved my claim within a short amount of time. No one was ever rude to me and I never had any communication issues. I am not sure why they have received so many complaints as my experience with them has been very good. I have been with REST for about 5 years now and 1 current claim.

Regards,

Kimberly

TPD Claim

Claimed income protection it took 2 years to tell me I was 3 days short of their 30 day no work policy. I have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis . I have anxiety and depression caused by my condition. Every day im in pain 24/7. I claimed tpd which is still in process after a year. Ive been dealing with this for 4 years. Utterly devastated. Nothing but stress caused by this company. Has made my life hell. No money no answer nothing.
No not put a single cent in this super would put minus a thousand stars if I could

Vera
Vera
Lauren C.Rest Superannuation

Sarah B.

Sarah B.

If you are a foreigner on a temporary visa, make sure you do not use their fund.

They are rats who literally steal ALL your money. They alledge they have sent me letters by post saying I was on a "premium insurance" cover but they didn't send a SINGLE email letting me know. I had already departed Australia and got no letter at all. I called them and they said according to the "law" they had the right to do that. Don't ever use this fund.

Bambi

BambiCarrum Downs

The literal worst.

Applyed to get compassionate leave which was eventually granted but spiralled into REST closing my account and depositing the rest of my super money into my bank account with no authority to do so, not reactivating my account and not passing on the new details, still waiting to access the new account that was made PLUS waiting for the money that I had to send back to appear. Customer service always give different answers and it is never a quick fix just always excuses and then apologising. Honestly if i hadnt sent my money back already I would be going else where. Nearly a week and still no response on when my account will be working.

AJRSydney, NSW

Terrible experiences with REST - would stay far away from this SuperFund

Worst customer service and big corporation I have ever dealt with.
I found out I was being charged for income protection insurance which I never signed up for, which has cost me thousands of dollars. I already have other income protection insurance organised so would never have signed up with REST for this.
I put in an official complaint for them to tell me it takes 90 days to resolve. Months later, I received a letter saying there were too many complaints, and that mine would not be resolved in 90 days after all. I asked for a new time frame to be told they would not give me one.
Upon ringing for more information, I keep being given conflicting information and put off. I feel completely helpless against this huge corporation.

Lnh

Lnh

This super fund deserves a 0

Really bad customer service. Different information provided to me by different staff. No apology for when they made a mistake. Took days to get a response from anyone. Worst customer service I have EVER experienced.

JacquiRest Superannuation

Hi Lnh,
I am really sorry to hear of your negative experience with Rest. I have also sent you a private message. I you would like to assist you further in resolving your concern we can go from there.
Nate

Financial Peace of mind

Warren WSydney, NSW

False Advertising in regard to Medical Illness support

Once you pass through the REST shopfront and hit their Insurance company, their is no respect or understanding, ( nothing as stated by REST ) They are driven to with hold every dollar they can, bombard you with new rules and paperwork, hold up payments for no justified reason, most frustrating and soul destroying, this involves a Mental Illness case, however what you get is Mental Torture
A constant battle, zero for satisfaction, have been with REST for several years and can understand and agree
with the comments posted, customer service ?

JessieRest Superannuation
Warren W

Jessie , nice reply but your attention is no where in sight, you may also like to check my email to Amanda Stevens Complaints Co-ordinator, 21/12/19 re; the latest SHAMBLES, Triple the Tax removed from the payment for NO reason

Lauren C.Rest Superannuation

R Howard

R HowardQueensland

Terrible customer service and professionalism. I have tried getting an update daily for a month on my claim and no reply

10 years I have been a member paying my insurances each week to ensure as a single parent my children were never affected should something happen to me or stop me being able to work and provide for them. It has in the last 14 months and cannot work due to condition and they cant even reply with a informed update all I get is the computerised ones.

Appalling customer service

My previous employer doesn't give a choice of funds so I thought I could just roll the once off contribution into my every day super fund.
49% of the $190.59 contribution was taken within 3 days of hitting Rest's account for 'insurance and fees'. After months of back and forth emailing or not hearing anything and having to follow it up again, I thought it was finally over when they offered to refund the insurance fee.. that was until I realised they had refunded my insurance less 16% of it.
I guess if you exhaust everyone's patience they will give up and let you keep their money. What a saga! Avoid having any money with Rest if you actually want funds left to retire with.

Georgiaasked

REST is largely considered the worst superannuation company in Australia. You rip members off with your outrageous admin fees. Shame on you. So many people complaining, yet you continue to take advantage of hard working people just so you can pay your executives outrageous salaries. Many of us hope that REST is investigated and shut down! Why are you allowed to treat people like this?

Hi Georgia,

I'm sorry that you were not happy with our service. We do try to keep our admin fees competitive and as low as possible, currently our admin fee for Rest Super and Rest Corporate accounts is only $1.30 per week + 0.1% of the account balance per annum.

We do our best to ensure members are aware of all the costs associated with their account. If you were having problems or have any confusion regarding your account, and the associated fees we would be happy to look into this for you.

You can reach us online via our live chat service: https://rest.com.au/contact-us
We are available between 8am - 10pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 6pm Saturday and 10am - 6pm Sunday AEDT

Alternatively, you can contact us on 1300 300 778 between Monday and Friday.

Joshua.

Summer B.

Summer B.asked

Can I withdraw my super under hardship online with rest?

Hi Summer,

While access to your superannuation is generally restricted until Retirement age, there are options available for withdrawing your superannuation early.

You can find the full details in our Accessing your super early factsheet here: https://www.rest.com.au/understanding-super

Joshua.

Phillip

Phillipasked

Where can I find a historical guide to the MP 9883 Contract of Insurance (COI) for both IP & TPD?
Start date 5th December 2008.
Each time the Contract is amended there should be a central register as none of the amendments make any reference to the previous Contract. And now in 2020 how would REST know what was the amendment & to which amendment was applicable for any one date over the last 12 years as the original documents issued by REST do not record or show each amendment & its relevant date of issue.
Annual change in cover & premiums = 24 different COI.
= 4380 or so days (leap years) x 2, IP & TPD = 8760 different days of cover with variations in start & end dates?

Hi Phillip,

While there is no historical guide of these changes, members receive a copy of our insurance guide upon cover commencement. Any subsequent changes to the insurance cover that will impact the member are then communicated via a Significant Event Notice (SEN)

We are able to provide you with copies of the policies and endorsements for those previous years, each with the date of commencement if required.

I have sent you a direct message to get some personal contact details from you, please check your messages when you have the opportunity.

Joshua