Rheem Rheemglas Water Series

Rheem Rheemglas Water Series

191050, 191080, 111025, 111080, 111125 and 11 more

Quality, Reliable Hot Water Heater

This unit has been a great choice for many years of supplying Hot Water to my home, I am confident in the reliable service over years of operation and this has proven correct so that I have installed further units when time came to replace them. The lifespan has been very good and even longer than expected from the specifications so that I have only replaced my latest unit by choice when decided it was old enough though still operating as well as it ever has.

Date PurchasedSep 2008
Hi Andrew, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you enjoy your new Rheem hot water system. Have a great day ahead! Kind Regards, Rheem Australia

only 3yrs old!

My 80L Rheem hot water unit was chosen to replace a faulty 'Dux' unit (after 7yrs) in May 2015.

Now - after just 3yrs I have had to replace the element -total charge being over $200!

I'm now wondering how long this new replacement element will last! Its warranty being only for 12months!

Disappointed/concerned Valerie

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Dear Customer, Our customer service team is happy to assist and clarify any questions you may have. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our team will be able to assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Rheem AustraliaThank you for your reply. I had already been in contact with your 'customer services' (2)without receiving any sensible/satisfying response. There are no further 'questions to clarify' re my 'split' element (exposing its fine wires) - so I chose to share my experience with others -on your 'review' board. Concerned Valerie

Not Impressed

This unit replaced an existing one of the same brand at my residential property, not sure how long it had been there as I have only owned the place for a few years and it started to leak. It's in a major capital city with filtered water out of the mains.
In April 2015 I had the new unit installed at a cost of $1,284.00( including labour).
Not impressed with this unit as it's already needing to have the element replaced at a cost of nearly $500.00 (including labour). The element itself is costing under $100 but it's inside the property in a cupboard so maybe that's why the labour is so high.
My complaint is that the unit is not fit for purpose and should not need such a major part replaced in under 3 years at this rate if this is the lifespan of an element it makes the whole unit throw away and not fit for purpose.
A hotwater system is not something that you expect to have to spend money on when it's only that age. I have lived in areas where the water is straight from a dam or the river and the element has sat in mud in the bottom of system for 10 years and haven't had any problems.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Dear Customer, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our team will be able to assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Good enough record to ensure we replace current failed unit with same brand.

Just moved into the house and the unit failed after 6 months. Mind you it was installed in Dec 1999! Previous owner installed the first Rheem in 1983 when house was built so with a 16 and 17 year old service record we are staying with the brand. Hopefully we will make 18 years with this one. watch this space !!

Date PurchasedDec 1999
Hi Haggis, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you enjoy your new Rheem hot water system. Have a great day ahead! Kind Regards, Rheem AustraliaNew Rheem 315 litre installed externally this time. Great service from the guys at Woodridge Plumbing. Thanks Gerard.

17 years, 1 element change, 0 maintenance = That's pretty awesome if you ask me

Price is good and the product works.... I just got a new one!! (let's see how we go)
price is good and the product works.... I just got a new one!! (let's see how we go)

Date PurchasedJan 1999
Hi Andres, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a great day ahead! Kind Regards, Rheem Australia

Still runs but replacing it before it fails.

Ours was installed in 1988 and is still working well enough in 2017. We have decided to replace it though now rather than wait for it too fail. It's looking a bit battle scared and it's survived a few Maitland floods as well but it has been completely trouble free. We are replacing it with a Rheem Stellar Stainless Steel 250 Electric tomorrow and if the replacement is half as good I will be very happy.

Note: Forget the date purchased below - It wouldn't let me select 1988

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Alan, Thank you for purchasing and installing the Rheem Stellar Stainless Steel. Have a great week ahead! Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Crab Device

Crab. No recommendation at all. It works like technology in 1900s. After just two shower it goes to getting cold and I have to wait for a day after to water be heated by device. even there is no key to any setup or boosting to heat water earlier. with this device I can feel that I am living in the second world war age. Terrible

Date PurchasedJul 2003
Dear Frank, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our team will be able to assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Is this a record ?

This is our second tank 125 lt. And this one lasted 15 years just like the first one. No servicing or repairs.
Now, because of discolored water is time for replacement,still working fine...feel a lot of respect for such a good product.
Maybe we where just lucky, hopefully the new one is made as good as the old one ...
Thanks Rheem
Tom
West Ryde .NSW2114

Date PurchasedJan 2002
Hi Tom, Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the relevant managers. Have a good day! Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Still working Fine after 10 years - please beware you must Service HWS

My unit is working fine at 11 years. I replaced the Anode at 5 years (and flushed the tank) and I replaced it again recently at 10 years.
Also you need to operate the Pressure Relief Valve for a few seconds every 6 months .

It seem 99% of people on this website are not aware that they have to replace the Anode in their HWS every 5 years.to stop it rusting and leaking.This is routine maintance that know one seems to do or are not aware off.
Replacing the Anode can keep your HWS going for 20 years.

Similar to someone buying a new car and not changing the oil or ever giving it a service and then they come on this web site to complain that it broke down after 5 years after the warranty ran out.
No one ever tells people of this important maintance that you have to do becasue it gives the plumbers more work and the HWS manufactor more sales

Date PurchasedAug 2006
Hi Joe, Thank you for the feedback. We hope you continue enjoying your Rheem hot water system. Have a great day ahead! Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Very unhappy with still under warranty and heat element blown up

Very unhappy have a rheemglas 250l still under warranty and heat element blown up. Partner called rheem to be told it is now going to cost us money to fix, so I think it is a doggie product, and am hesitant to fix buyers beware they should replace not us.

Date PurchasedDec 2008
Dear Shane, If you could please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our customer relations team will contact you to assist accordingly. Kind Regards, Rheem Australia

17 years of trouble free service.

Just changed from electric to gas hot water but sad to see the Rheemglas 151 series 125 litre go. 5 year warranty and 17 years of service with only a new thermostat in 2008. For anyone wanting electric hot water this brand and type I highly recommend. Absolutely first rate.

Hi Chris, Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the relevant managers. Have a good day! Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Lifetime as expected

I purchased an 80 litre, electric hot water system for my apartment in 2002. It failed (leaked) in 2014. Unit had a 5 year warranty and typical life without maintenance of this type of unit is ten years, so nothing unusual here.

My new system is also an 80 litre Rheem, so I'll be content if it lasts another 12 years.

You can extend the life of these if you replace the sacrificial anode every 4 to 5 years, so don't get too upset if these last ten years where you haven't been maintaining them.

Hi Mal, Thank you for the feedback. We hope you continue enjoying your Rheem hot water system. Have a great day ahead! Kind regards, Rheem Australia

leak at the top

It seems this is a common problem. Leaking like a small fountain within 10 years. Contacted service and was told I have to replace the current one. I agree with others here, "I guess there's no business in trying to extend the life of these units, but rather in selling replacements..."

Will not be installing another Rheem.

Hi Lei, We would like to learn more about this matter and would much appreciate if you could send us your contact details through to rheem.service@rheem.com.au, referencing this review so that we can assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Don't ever buy a Rheem heat pump, and don't let your builder install one.

I would like to rate this product less than 1 star. And rate Rheem as a company as less than one star.
You are taking a huge risk if you buy a Rheem heat pump.
Our heat pump packed in less than 5 years from when it was installed. Two Rheem service agents told us they are a dodgy product, that the failure rate of the Rheem heat pump is terrible, and that Rheem should pay to replace our heat pump.. Rheem suggested that they would get the heat pump replaced, but two Rheem service agents told us they cannot do the work because Rheem don't pay them for the work for months, if at all. One of their agents switched the element on for us so that we can get hot water, but our bills have gone up by more than 50%. We cannot afford to buy a new hot water service so we're stuck with this dodgy product.
If there are any lawyers reading this, please help people by starting a class action against Rheem.

Hi gpaterson, We appreciate the feedback you have provided and are concerned to hear of your experience. We would like to discuss the points from your review with you. If you could please email us providing appropriate contacts details and referencing this review to rheem.service@rheem.com.au and we will contact you. Thank you. Kind regards, Rheem Australia Thanks for the email today from ProductReview.com.au about this. This was fixed but only after we learned our rights from Consumer Affairs, and expressed our rights to Rheem. New heat pump only lasted a few weeks. Weren’t willing to go through the stress of dealing with Rheem again so just counted our losses and moved on. Replaced it with gas continuous flow. Will never buy a Rheem again. The company were very difficult to deal with. Also a bit wary of the positive reviews on this site.

20 years is pretty good going.

We had our Rheemglas 315 installed twenty years ago. 18 years ago we moved it during extensions, it's been outside under the veranda and had regular operation of the relief valve. Ah, nothing else! We now need to replace it as it is leaking. Certainly going for the same again.

Hi DebbieC, Thank you for choosing Rheem and for providing positive feedback about your experience. We would like to help you choosing your new hot water system, please don’t hesitate in contacting us on 131 031 or email to rheem.service@rheem.com.au. Kind Regards, Rheem Australia

Should have checked Product Reviews first

What a fiasco! Had installed a 250 litre RheemGlas hot water tank 14 years ago, which eventually began to leak at the top. Top had also been quite warm for years, a good clothes warming surface, so poorly insulated. (The original tank had been installed before our time, when our house was built, almost 40 years earlier!) Without thinking, 'phoned Rheem to obtain a replacement unit. Opted for the larger 315 litre model, which has the same diameter, so fitted existing drainage tray. Decided to renovate location so 'phoned Rheem to defer installation by a few days. After hours' 'ph Service Centre is located in NZ? Installer had not been advised so arrived with new unit anyway. On correct installation day, subcontracted apprentice 'plumbers' arrived, sans Supervisor, who arrived separately in another vehicle - to supervise credit card payment - then left. We requested that our new H/W tank be left empty, to allow newly tiled floor's grouting to cure longer, with tank to be filled later that day. Asked plumbers to specifically indicate tap to be turned on, which they did.

No mention of pressure relief during filling operation. Anyway, this wasn't an issue. When tap was later turned on, water ran across the floor. Turned out the fittings on other (now out of sight) side of tank had been left unstoppered, from which water gushed across newly grouted tiled floor. No hot water that night! Rheem's response was that this was our fault, as we should have allowed their plumbers to fill the tank before leaving - not apparently realising that exactly the same thing would have occurred, only hours earlier, when fresh grouting had cured even less. In the interest of brevity, will skip the intervening part, except for return of Rheem's subcontracted plumbers, whom we had specifically asked to be spared (said Supervisor farewelled us by giving us 'the finger' - charming) and Rheem's own Supervisor who told us we we "over-reacting" after about the 4th installation visit and now about a week without hot water.

By now Rheem's GM had become involved and sent their own installer, to ensure their new unit was finally installed properly. When Rheem's in-house installer was just about to leave (again, without checking) we fortunately thought to check hot water tap - nothing! Not even a drop of cold water. Rheem's installer had no idea why and made absurd suggestions such as the (previously unknown) existence of an under floor valve, which had been turned off - as if! Our by then long-suffering and beyond excellent Handyman pointed out that new tempering valve had been incorrectly installed, which indeed it had been. When Rheem's installer reinstalled this correctly - the Eagle had (finally) landed! A couple more points. The collection of old replaced tanks on the installer's truck were in various stages of corrosion. Rheem stainless steel tanks are curiously not available in a dual element model, apparently. Incidentally, Dux 315 litre H/W tanks are available at Bunnings for half the price (+ $250 installation), with an overall $600 saving. Does anyone have any experience with these? In any event, will not be installing another Rheem.
Er...reliable Brand name, we thought. Previous Rheem had lasted 14 year.
Farcical installation process. Previous unit poorly insulated (tho' replacement seems better and cool to touch).

Hi Chris, We are sorry to hear you’ve had this experience. Your feedback is important & has been escalated to our State Service Manager & he will be in touch with you tomorrow. Kind regards, Rheem AustraliaHopefully, they won't accuse us of over-reacting.

Rheem Customer Service - hopeless!

I rang Rheem this morning to get a quote to replace my Hot Water System with a similar model It should have been fairly simple, but was far from it!

The first time I rang, there was a lengthy delay and an option was offered for a callback, so I left a message. Someone called and when I explained that I was after two prices, they said I had the wrong department so put me through to someone else. More waiting on hold and a callback was offered so I left another message.

Got called back again and the same thing happened! Wrong department, we will put you through to the right one etc.

Finally, I got to talk to a real person who told me I had the wrong department yet again. She wanted to put me on hold and I said, "Hang on all I want is two prices"

I got one price from her but am told a tech will have to come out onsite to quote for the smaller system.

If this is an indication of how Rheem operates, I'm looking elsewhere for a Hot Water System.
This was not an offshore call centre, it was here in Australia.

You need to do a lot better, Rheem!!!

An update..........I got to talk to a helpful person from the service department................finally!

Totally frustrating

Hi LFM, Thank you for providing us with your review. If you need further assistance, please feel free to email us your contacts details at rheem.service@rheem.com.au, in order for us to contact you as efficiently as possible. Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Not bad, but shorter life than expected

Much the same as another poster here, I had one that lasted 9 years, then the next one rusted out after ~7 years which a disconcerting trend. When installed there was never any advice given on getting it serviced to extend the life span - I guess there's no business in trying to extend the life of these units, but rather in selling replacements...
Worked
Life span getting shorter. If I replace it will the next one last only 5 years?

Hi Boo83, In regards to your review, we are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experiences with our product. If you would like to speak further about your experience, please send a quick email to rheem.service@rheem.com.au, providing your contact number, and also reference your review so the team can assist you. Regards, Rheem Australia

OK, but there are better options

Bought one 18 years ago, lasted exactly 10 years. Bought a second 8 years ago, lasted 8 years. The second one was leaking through the electrical board so had to immediately disconnect electricity and close the mains to reduce the pressure.

Due to this record, I investigated upgrading my house to gas and using an instantaneous gas system. Installing a new gas line and an instantaneous gas system wasn't much more expensive compared to a completely new tank.

If you have the option of instantaneous gas, I'd recommend going with that rather than a water tank. Gas is cheaper, creates less CO2, and the instantaneous gas systems last much longer. The warranties are much longer with gas as well.
Had a reasonable life
10 years isn't reliable, compared to say instantaneous gas which lasts much longer.

I installed a 400 litre Optima for my mother and father back in 2001, I have never replaced a part on it. It's outside but under cover, still looks new. I like to clean it with car polish from time to time. I can't say a bad word about the water heater they're good.Hello Athries, The water is coming from your water heater, it's enamel lining is rusted out. You should have copper pipes in your house but if it's an old house they may be gal pipes and they Rust on the inside. If the heater is old just replace it. Kind regards Ashley Challis.

What is the difference between the Rheem System and the Rheemglas, I have a 350lt Rheemglas that has lasted 14years, it now needs replacing and I wish to know the difference. I live in Brisbane Wynnum is there a Rheem stockist near me? Regards Michelle
Hi Sorry, unsure what you refer to as "Rheem System", you have a Rheemglas yourself so know Rheem is the brand and Rheemglas is one of the different models of HWS offered by Rheem and it comes in a variety of sizes to suit households with different hot water use and supply needs (and I think I'm right in saying configurations - choice of either Electric or Gas heated Rheemglas models offered). I spoke to a plumber about replacing mine only as a personal preventative choice. It still works great but after operating for a number of years the lifespan of the system Should be approaching an end based on recommended life of 'any' HWS, though they do seem to last much longer than is stated as typical. Simple maintenance once in a while prolongs operation - Anode replacement, etc but I have had little done on mine. As for a Stockist near you, I think you need to ask a plumber if they install Rheem products, most independents are unlikely to keep any Stock of systems themselves as that requires the means of warehousing and for independents is beyond what they do and instead most would have regular supplier(s) they obtain products from on as needed basis. The Rheem website does have a Stockist Locator but as I check it appears to be not operating at the moment and instead asks that you call Customer Enquiries to ask - 132 552. You could try this though I am unclear if this will advise of Stores where Rheem products can be found for sale or if will also direct you to installers who may also be listed as 'stockists'.I have not heard back from the local plumber I contacted about having mine replaced so just looked online for others now, one I am familiar with (advertised for years, available in MY area, pretty much National if I'm not mistaken and offering Emergency Fast, 24/7 if I'm not wrong) HWS installation is Jim's Plumbing - 1300 133 509 / jimsplumbing.net.au I've not used Jim's but am confident from general word of mouth that they are reliable, quality and competitively prices, might be worth checking them out.

What is the compatible Rheem Rheemglas Fury gas water heater 75 gal I installed around 1997. I just saw leak at the bottom of the unit. I would like to get the same product.
Dear Don, We encourage you to contact our customer service team on 13 10 31, referencing this feedback, our team will be able to assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Hi, I have Rheem electric water heater 250 litre. Model number 11125007. My question is the one of the electrical connection melt point is dropped, I don't know it's original connected location, can you please send me a manual or guide instruction to tell how to connect? If you can email me with a reply, I would appreciate this. Regards, Paul
Dear Paul, We encourage you to contact our customer service team on 13 10 31, referencing this feedback, our team will be able to assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Rheem Australia

Similar listings