3.1

Heating Speed

RichardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC78 posts
  191050

You're Rolling the Dice Here

I've seen a lot of these units (very popular) and the design and layout is very good - simple and elegant. The problem is the manufacture quality, which Rheem don't seem to manage well.
On mine the welding on the heater flange is VERY poor, causing it to fail and leak just on the 7 year warranty (I don't think 7 years is awesome for a tank with wires connected to it - I've had gas ones that have done 4 times that).
So it's not inherently terrible - if you get one that was made by the good welder it would be great, but how would you know? Show details
Overall
VAKMANSydney, NSW4 posts
Andrew Melbin10 posts
  191080

Quality, Reliable Hot Water Heater

This unit has been a great choice for many years of supplying Hot Water to my home, I am confident in the reliable service over years of operation and this has proven correct so that I have installed further units when time came to replace them. The lifespan has been very good and even longer than expected from the specifications so that I have only replaced my latest unit by choice when decided it was old enough though still operating as well as it ever has.

Albany
AlbanyGreat Southern, WA4 posts

only 3yrs old!

My 80L Rheem hot water unit was chosen to replace a faulty 'Dux' unit (after 7yrs) in May 2015.

Now - after just 3yrs I have had to replace the element -total charge being over $200!

I'm now wondering how long this new replacement element will last! Its warranty being only for 12months!

Disappointed/concerned Valerie

Barko67
Barko67Merbein28 posts
  Verified 191080
Haggis
HaggisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Good enough record to ensure we replace current failed unit with same brand

Just moved into the house and the unit failed after 6 months. Mind you it was installed in Dec 1999! Previous owner installed the first Rheem in 1983 when house was built so with a 16 and 17 year old service record we are staying with the brand. Hopefully we will make 18 years with this one. watch this space !!

Show details ·  2

Andres
AndresSydney, NSW9 posts

17 years, 1 element change, 0 maintenance = That's pretty awesome if you ask me

Price is good and the product works.... I just got a new one!! (let's see how we go)

price is good and the product works.... I just got a new one!! (let's see how we go)

Alan Dunn
Alan DunnMAITLAND25 posts
  Rheemglas Water Series

Still runs but replacing it before it fails

Ours was installed in 1988 and is still working well enough in 2017. We have decided to replace it though now rather than wait for it too fail. It's looking a bit battle scared and it's survived a few Maitland floods as well but it has been completely trouble free. We are replacing it with a Rheem Stellar Stainless Steel 250 Electric tomorrow and if the replacement is half as good I will be very happy.

Note: Forget the date purchased below - It wouldn't let me select 1988

Frank
Frank

Crab Device

Crab. No recommendation at all. It works like technology in 1900s. After just two shower it goes to getting cold and I have to wait for a day after to water be heated by device. even there is no key to any setup or boosting to heat water earlier. with this device I can feel that I am living in the second world war age. Terrible

Tom V.
Tom V.3 posts

Is this a record ?

This is our second tank 125 lt. And this one lasted 15 years just like the first one. No servicing or repairs.

Now, because of discolored water is time for replacement,still working fine...feel a lot of respect for such a good product.

Maybe we where just lucky, hopefully the new one is made as good as the old one ...

Thanks Rheem

Tom

West Ryde .NSW2114

joe
joeAU32 posts
Shane
Shane

Very unhappy with still under warranty and heat element blown up

Very unhappy have a rheemglas 250l still under warranty and heat element blown up. Partner called rheem to be told it is now going to cost us money to fix, so I think it is a doggie product, and am hesitant to fix buyers beware they should replace not us.

Chris
ChrisSydney3 posts
  191125

17 years of trouble free service

Just changed from electric to gas hot water but sad to see the Rheemglas 151 series 125 litre go. 5 year warranty and 17 years of service with only a new thermostat in 2008. For anyone wanting electric hot water this brand and type I highly recommend. Absolutely first rate.

Show reply

Mal
Mal

Lifetime as expected

I purchased an 80 litre, electric hot water system for my apartment in 2002. It failed (leaked) in 2014. Unit had a 5 year warranty and typical life without maintenance of this type of unit is ten years, so nothing unusual here.

My new system is also an 80 litre Rheem, so I'll be content if it lasts another 12 years.

You can extend the life of these if you replace the sacrificial anode every 4 to 5 years, so don't get too upset if these last ten years where you haven't been maintaining them.

Show reply

Susan B.
Susan B. · Rheemglas Water Series

Hi we have a Rheemglas electric hot water service model number 11108007 which was manufactured in 2004 that now tripping the power out. A plumber has said it needs to be replaced at the cost of $2000 I can find other models on line which are 80L but are they compatible to the old one will the fitting on the old tank fit the new one.

Rheem   DM

Dear Susan Thank you for your enquiry. In regard to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Glenn
Glenn · Rheemglas 111315

Please advise the spec on this model 111315 whuch we had installed

Tania G. · Rheemglas Water Series

I have just purchased a property and I have a rheemglass electric water heater model 11108007/BL. Should I leave the HWS switch on always? Will it use up excess power? Is it best to turn it off?

Thanks for that.