Rheem Rheemglas Water Series

Rheem Rheemglas Water Series

111250, 111315, 191080, etc...

3.1

VAKMAN

VAKMANSydney, NSW

Faulty heating element after 1yr 9months

Purchased in October 2018 at Same Day Hot Water Service Retail for A$2,408.85.

Household Size 4 person(s)

Quality, Reliable Hot Water Heater

This unit has been a great choice for many years of supplying Hot Water to my home, I am confident in the reliable service over years of operation and this has proven correct so that I have installed further units when time came to replace them. The lifespan has been very good and even longer than expected from the specifications so that I have only replaced my latest unit by choice when decided it was old enough though still operating as well as it ever has.

Date PurchasedSep 2008

AlbanyGreat Southern, WA

only 3yrs old!

My 80L Rheem hot water unit was chosen to replace a faulty 'Dux' unit (after 7yrs) in May 2015.

Now - after just 3yrs I have had to replace the element -total charge being over $200!

I'm now wondering how long this new replacement element will last! Its warranty being only for 12months!

Disappointed/concerned Valerie

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Rheem Rheemglas Water Series compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Barko67

Barko67Merbein

Not Impressed

Date PurchasedApr 2015

HaggisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good enough record to ensure we replace current failed unit with same brand.

Just moved into the house and the unit failed after 6 months. Mind you it was installed in Dec 1999! Previous owner installed the first Rheem in 1983 when house was built so with a 16 and 17 year old service record we are staying with the brand. Hopefully we will make 18 years with this one. watch this space !!

Date PurchasedDec 1999
Haggis

New Rheem 315 litre installed externally this time. Great service from the guys at Woodridge Plumbing. Thanks Gerard.

Andres

AndresSydney, NSW

17 years, 1 element change, 0 maintenance = That's pretty awesome if you ask me

Price is good and the product works.... I just got a new one!! (let's see how we go)
price is good and the product works.... I just got a new one!! (let's see how we go)

Date PurchasedJan 1999
Alan Dunn

Alan DunnMAITLAND

Still runs but replacing it before it fails.

Ours was installed in 1988 and is still working well enough in 2017. We have decided to replace it though now rather than wait for it too fail. It's looking a bit battle scared and it's survived a few Maitland floods as well but it has been completely trouble free. We are replacing it with a Rheem Stellar Stainless Steel 250 Electric tomorrow and if the replacement is half as good I will be very happy.

Note: Forget the date purchased below - It wouldn't let me select 1988

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Crab Device

Crab. No recommendation at all. It works like technology in 1900s. After just two shower it goes to getting cold and I have to wait for a day after to water be heated by device. even there is no key to any setup or boosting to heat water earlier. with this device I can feel that I am living in the second world war age. Terrible

Date PurchasedJul 2003

Is this a record ?

This is our second tank 125 lt. And this one lasted 15 years just like the first one. No servicing or repairs.
Now, because of discolored water is time for replacement,still working fine...feel a lot of respect for such a good product.
Maybe we where just lucky, hopefully the new one is made as good as the old one ...
Thanks Rheem

joeAU

Still working Fine after 10 years - please beware you must Service HWS

Date PurchasedAug 2006
Rheem A.Rheem

Very unhappy with still under warranty and heat element blown up

Very unhappy have a rheemglas 250l still under warranty and heat element blown up. Partner called rheem to be told it is now going to cost us money to fix, so I think it is a doggie product, and am hesitant to fix buyers beware they should replace not us.

Date PurchasedDec 2008

ChrisSydney

17 years of trouble free service.

Just changed from electric to gas hot water but sad to see the Rheemglas 151 series 125 litre go. 5 year warranty and 17 years of service with only a new thermostat in 2008. For anyone wanting electric hot water this brand and type I highly recommend. Absolutely first rate.

Lifetime as expected

I purchased an 80 litre, electric hot water system for my apartment in 2002. It failed (leaked) in 2014. Unit had a 5 year warranty and typical life without maintenance of this type of unit is ten years, so nothing unusual here.

My new system is also an 80 litre Rheem, so I'll be content if it lasts another 12 years.

You can extend the life of these if you replace the sacrificial anode every 4 to 5 years, so don't get too upset if these last ten years where you haven't been maintaining them.

Lei

LeiSouth East Queensland, QLD

leak at the top

It seems this is a common problem. Leaking like a small fountain within 10 years. Contacted service and was told I have to replace the current one. I agree with others here, "I guess there's no business in trying to extend the life of these units, but rather in selling replacements..."

Will not be installing another Rheem.

gpatersonAU

Don't ever buy a Rheem heat pump, and don't let your builder install one.

DebbieC

DebbieCSydney

20 years is pretty good going.

We had our Rheemglas 315 installed twenty years ago. 18 years ago we moved it during extensions, it's been outside under the veranda and had regular operation of the relief valve. Ah, nothing else! We now need to replace it as it is leaking. Certainly going for the same again.

ChrisSydney

Should have checked Product Reviews first

Chris

Hopefully, they won't accuse us of over-reacting.

Northcoaster

NorthcoasterSEQ

Rheem Customer Service - hopeless!

Boo83

Boo83Sydney

Not bad, but shorter life than expected

Much the same as another poster here, I had one that lasted 9 years, then the next one rusted out after ~7 years which a disconcerting trend. When installed there was never any advice given on getting it serviced to extend the life span - I guess there's no business in trying to extend the life of these units, but rather in selling replacements...
Worked
Life span getting shorter. If I replace it will the next one last only 5 years?

Thomatbr

ThomatbrSydney, NSW

OK, but there are better options

Tania G.asked

Rheemglas Water Series

I have just purchased a property and I have a rheemglass electric water heater model 11108007/BL. Should I leave the HWS switch on always? Will it use up excess power? Is it best to turn it off?

Dear Tania.

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31 due to the technical information required.
Our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Hi Tania
I can only add my personal experience here.
I used to have the same thought with both the original (unknown) electric storage HWS for my place and then my new HWS (first Rheenglas subsequently replaced with same when needed).
I was concerned of leaving electric storage HWS running 24/7, consuming power I assumed unnecessarily when hot water not in use and likewise using up the anode at the same time.
I used to switch the HWS Power Supply off at the mains switchboard after showering in the morning and then switching it on before going to bed to have hot water the next morning and so on.
This didn't seem to cause any problems, the HWS(s) continued to operate well and supply hot water without a hiccup for years.
On replacing it on most recent occasion, I mentioned this to the installer and he said that if it was working fine, what I was doing didn't seem to be causing any problems and I could continue if I thought I really wanted but saying, unlike instant HWS which use a very large amount of power as needed to heat water instantly as called on, the storage HWS tank is insulating the existing hot water so only uses small power hits thoughout the day and night maintaining water temperature only greater power to heat the cold water flowing in after the hot is extracted for showers, laundry, etc.
He said the benefit to switching on / off compared to leaving on 24/7 is therefore limited, if anything can increase rusting out the internal lining of the tank as the anode stops doing its thing when power is removed so it may be increasing the life of the anode but potentially reducing the lifespan of the tank itself.
Basically its a split as if used for hot water daily then neither approach is much better or worse than the other than convenience ie no hot water if want another shower at non usual time of day or night if HWS has been off since last used. On the other hand if not to be used for extended period, say going away for a holiday, then turning off could save power but have to remember to turn it back on as soon as back and need to wait a while (hours?) before can use hot water again.
Just my experience of same idea no expert or technical knowledge of my own.

Thanks for that.

Frustratedasked

Rheemglas 111315

Does the above model have 1 element only is it still an available spare part

Andrew Melbin

Hi, I can't really provide an accurate answer. My model of Rheem Rheemglas Electric Storage HWS, labelled 90L (but think that was the cylinder size while was actually 80L water storage capacity I think) was definitely Single Element but I can't say in relation to other models. I would suggest it depends on the capacity, as mine had Single Element I would suggest anything similar sized, not much bigger or definitely smaller would also be Single Element. If the one you refer to is more like 100+ (maybe 120?) Litres then very likely Double Element. This would be detailed on the Rheem website under the model specifications so I suggest checking there. Sorry I couldn't be more help on my own.

Thanks Andrew will do.

Grant D.asked

Rheemglas 111160

Can I convert this system to off peak? My electricity bill is extrodinary high, please help!

Rheem A.Rheem

We highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Thank you. Will do.

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives