95% · 842 · 2%
4.4

guru
guruGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
  EE-HWS-A1-270E

good, few minor issues but nothing major

few issues with setup, only complaint is that the app if incredibly basic and I don't like that I have to go into it to set boost manually, it should be that I can set it for some smart functions to allow for boost mode to be pre programmed as showtimes don't often vary in my house Show details
Kerry F
Kerry FWestern District, VIC
  EE-HWS-A1-270

Extremely happy

Our unit has been installed for 1month now and we're very happy with it. Water is always hot to all area's of our house and we have a large 2story house. The installation was completed by Shaun and he was very professional, efficient and friendly. An exceptionally clean and tidy job. Shaun even returned the next day as we had a small issue which he sorted out in a few minute's without an issue. If I was to say there was a negative they are noisy so not sure how we will go in summer with windows open. I'm also still confused with how the heating of the water works as it comes on at some very odd times. Running cost seems to be quiet reasonable so far but we haven't had it long enough to really fully judge that yet. Show details
Chris332
Chris332Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC23 posts
  EE-HWS-A1-270E

Great product

So neat and just works as it should, looks really great and getting the app is definitely recommended .. so far extremely happy with it!! Show details ·  1
Charles White
Charles WhiteGippsland, VIC

our emerald

This unit is ideal for our house hold of Three adults.
The unit copes very well. Show details ·  1
Barbara
Barbara Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270

Happy with the hot water

Happy with the quick hot water flow when the tap is turned on and no issue with the flow, even when we had several people taken showers hap Show details ·  1
john
johnGippsland, VIC2 posts

super

great product and very good service i am very happy Show details ·  1
Roger T.
Roger T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Seamless chang-over

Haven't had a chance to evaluate the electricity consumption versus the previous Gas unit as our electricity & gas through Energy Australia is being paid on a set amount per month. Regardless of that we haven't run out of hot water, and have turned the output temperature down at the mixer because it was too hot. Show details ·  1
Wal28
Wal28Gippsland, VIC2 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270E

Swap gas hot water for electric heat pump

Heat pump is very efficient and has reduced my gas bill greatly. Electricity bill did not increase as much as I expected. Great unit Show details ·  1
Maureen
Maureen3 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270

Great Experience - Every Household needs one !!

I highly recommend the Emerald heat pump hot water system; it is quiet and highly efficient. We've noticed a dramatic reduction in our electricity consumption, resulting in much cheaper power bills. Initially uncertain about this technology, after using it for a few weeks, I can confidently say that I wish we had switched to the heat pump system earlier. Not only is the system great for the environment, but it also saves you money. The system is stylish in appearance design, a thumbs up from my family! Show details ·  1
macatavon
macatavonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270

Positive experience with first heat pump hot water system

Great unit. Performs exactly as advertised. I love the wifi control that allows me to monitor and control from antwhere that I have internet service. It is my first experience with a heat pump system after using both electric storage and gas storage systems. I was sceptical of the technology at first but now I'm sold. Show reply
Margaret
MargaretGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Great hot water system!

We switched from gas hot water to a heat pump four months ago. It coped well when we had guests staying, and the boost function in the app is always an option if the unit runs low. One negative is that I had to reset the time and date manually at the unit's control panel after a power outage recently. On the positive side, I have used the app to set the daily start-up time to be when our solar panels are generating power. Overall, we are very pleased with the unit. Show details ·  1
Overall
Noise Level
David M.
David M.Southwest, VIC2 posts

Heat Pump review

So far so good. Nothing really to report. The water is a little cooler than our gas hotwater system, however. Show details ·  1
Lhan
Lhan4 posts

Worth every dollar

Hot water delivery time is faster than the gas type we used to have and the boost function is awesome! Show details ·  3
resurgence
resurgenceMelbourne, Victoria114 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270

Love my hot water heat pump system!

Quiet, efficient and most importantly so much cheaper to run compared to my gas hot water system! Show reply
Garfield13
Garfield13Sydney5 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270E

Overall satisfied with the heater

Had problems connecting through my phone, but solved by getting a new control panel.
We have had some days with very tepid water and days with water too hot. Show details ·  1

Kim L. · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270

I've set the heat pump on a timer to only heat water during 10am-4pm to take advantage of solar panels generating electricity and ensure effective heat transfer since it's warmer at that time of day. However, last night, the Heat pump water heater suddenly overrode my timer and started heating water to 60C during the evening where I'm paying peak rates. It seems that my heat pump is now heating at all times without regard to my timer setup and temperature setup. Even if I try to turn off through the app, the unit continues to keep heating. How can I fix this without physically turning off at the powerpoint?

Hannah d
Hannah d

Emerald energy can you please answer this publicly? I am having the same issue, have tried to reach out via email but no reply yet. I have set the physical heat pump timer and a smart action in the app :(

Kim L.

If you're experiencing it too, I think it may be a software issue.

hamcro
hamcro · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

What is the price of the 270e model, supply only, no rebates, Victoria, Metro

Petrina · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

Can you please tell me a rough schedule maintenance for these units .ie every two years at $70 cost, just a rough idea, I live in Melbourne and won’t buy one unless this question is answered on this site.

Nev
Nev

Did you get an answer. I would love to know too.

No sorry

Compare all Emerald Energy All-in-One Heat Pump listings
CategoryElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage Systems
TypeStorageStorageStorageStorage
Capacity270.00L270.00L220.00L220.00L
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Warranty Details5 years warranty on the tank, 5 years pump unit, 2 years labour warranty5 years warranty on the tank, 5 years pump unit, 2 years labour warranty5 years warranty on the tank, 5 years pump unit, 2 years labour warranty5 years warranty on the tank, 5 years pump unit, 2 years labour warranty