Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) 511270

1.9

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

DON’T GO NEAR IT

Greatest failure , if you like to give money regularly please feel free to buy RHEEM
Poor service , extreme noise and always out of order, so choice is yours , think before you buy

Purchased in January 2016.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
LaurieH

LaurieHPerth, WA

Hopeless

We have had the system for a while now, has never been a "hot" water system from the start, 'luke warm' is the best description. Rang Heem a couple of times, the person you need is not available and am assured they will call back. DOES NOT HAPPEN.
Not happy

Purchased in November 2017.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Jambo

JamboCentral West, NSW

So bad will never buy Rheem again

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) 511270 compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Don't buy this Product

Had a solar hot water system for about 8 years . Tank failed in 2011.Completely rusted through on the top. Stupid me replaced it with a similar tank manufactured 3 August 2011. Today doing a routine maintenance check found small amount of rusty water coming out of top centre of tank. Removed top cover and found large amounts of wet flacky rust covered in water. Mopped it up and yes. Buggered Tank. Not happy. Will never by a Rheem product again

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Bob
Bob

Don't buy Rheem Solar Loline

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Raj
Raj

Friendly and helpful technician

I had the red attention light on my Solar hot water service on and called rheem. They sent out a technician the next day. I was very concerned from reading some of these posts and the expensive call out fee and additional 15 min charges. Gavin came out and was extremely friendly and informative. When he arrived the light was no longer on and he explained why the light was on and checked for any other faults. I would definately recommend rheem for this great service and turning my opinion of their company around.

Very angry!

Our Rheem Solar Loline is 6 years old. It is the crappiest hot water system I've ever dealt with. Malfunctioned after immediate installation- thermostat. Same problem about 6 months later, repaired again 2 years ago. Now the whole unit has rusted out at the top and completely shut itself, and is leaking with a constant stream all over the top of the tank, gone rampant on the water metre and no hot water for a week! I will be expecting miracles from you RHEEM!!!

Flashing Red light

The attention red light on my pump begins a constant steady flash that seems to get worse as the day heats up. The green light seems to work as it should and I can hear the pump working. I live fairly isolated and getting service is expensive. Does anyone know the problem and is it a plumber or an electrician I need. The unit is about 5 years and I would have expected it ti give longer service than that.

Terry Keven
Terry Keven

Thanks for replying,
I can be contacted on 0429644916

Why isn't the hot water that's in the solar panels being pumped into the storage tank?

Four years ago I built a brand new house (that came with a Rheem system). For three years no problems. Then for some unknown reason I only had hot water if I used the booster. After replacing the solar pump, both hot & cold sensors I STILL don't have solar heated hot water. If I turn on the solar bleed valve I can get all the hot water I need (so the collectors are doing their job) but for some reason (I'm guessing the non return valve) the system isn't working as it should. I live in Port Stephens. The nearest Rheem service tech. is in Taree. Two of the three local plumbers don't know why I have this problem. I've only got this far by my own initiatives.
Spent $600 so far without fixing the problem.

Solar Water Heaters

Steady cold and wrong

See all Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) reviews

Melissa S

Melissa Sasked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost) 511270

Hi, is this model discontinued?

Philip Mc
Philip Mc

I don't know. My rheem system died after only 2 years. The best rheem could do was to charge me $1500 to repair it. I thought solar was a cheeper way to heat water. Don't buy Rheem !!!!!!

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for contacting us. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to assist with your question accordingly.

Kind regards,
Rheem Australia

Jules
Jules

I think it is. Just look up Rheem.com.au and type in the model in the search bar but beware if you have any frosts in Winter..

Pinal Patel

Pinal Patelasked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost) 511270

HI, I have Rheem solar water heater. The solar monitor flashes slow green pulse. I am also using electric booster to get hot water in cold. since last two days we are not getting any hot water. We bought new home in November 2013. In just two and half years, water system is not working properly. I contacted customer service, they said parts warranty is just for one year. I don't have warranty card, as builder didn't give it to us. the technician charged too much for just inspection. i need answer that system is working perfectly, or may be some fault? As no proper explanation in booklet even not proper answer by customer service person. Explain it so i can save some money. Thanks Pinal

Hi Pinal,

We would like to learn more about this matter and would much appreciate if you could send us your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review so that we can efficiently work towards a satisfactory resolution for you.

Kind Regards,
Rheem Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives