Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

511340, 511270, 511430, etc...

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
chris55

chris55

Hot water pressure problem

Solar Hot water system by Rheem already in house when I purchased home 5 years old, soon as I moved in no hot water paid $180 to fix then hot water taps losing pressure very frustrating. Called Rheem they had a look and said its a problem with solar hot water systems nothing can be done. I had it taken out & Rinnai installed I now have great pressure & hot water much better

MotorallyriderAU

More problems after thousands spent on repairs

Purchased in December 2012 at From Salmon Plumbing for $4,600.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Heating Speed
LaurieH

LaurieHPerth, WA

Hopeless

We have had the system for a while now, has never been a "hot" water system from the start, 'luke warm' is the best description. Rang Heem a couple of times, the person you need is not available and am assured they will call back. DOES NOT HAPPEN.
Not happy

Purchased in November 2017.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Heating Speed
Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Burst Tank Again

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Jambo

JamboCentral West, NSW

So bad will never buy Rheem again

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Ian

Ianbobs creek

pump and control board falures

had this system for about 3 years and have replaced two circulating pumps and control boards. now another pump and board are faulty.
what can be done to fix this problem/lemon. Warranty agent blamed the tank running out of water for the first failure. which it has never done. Second time pump failure and no fuse to protect the control board so it burnt out as well. Now the third time in three years who knows the cause. Pump open circuit and board burnt out.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Rheem A.Rheem

Pump failed and solar panel burst.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Ken

KenBairnsdale

No more Rheem hot water solar panel

3 of our investment property. 8 months old, 1 years old and 3 years old. All the panel cracked and leaked. Rheem refused to replace it because they are not covered by frosted. Thank you, Simonds & Rheem. Every time when winter comes, we have to pull them apart or may have to put a blanket on those solar panels.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Jules

JulesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great if it's installed in the right conditions.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

LeesygeeAU

Avoid!

Absolute rubbish HWS. No point going solar when the circulation pump is regularly failing meaning that the unit requires boosting from (expensive) bottled gas. The pump first failed within a year of purchase which is ridiculous! And each time it seizes it costs money. Would've been better off in the long run getting a cheaper electric only system as the solar hardly works anyway. Barely get enough hot water for 3 showers. So disappointed and quite frankly pretty peeved, you'd think with the well known name they'd at least have a reliable product.

Date PurchasedSep 2012
Rob

Rob

Stay away from these hot water heater

My experience is like many for these model hot water heaters. It just never works for any length of time. The pump does not seem to be able to work for any length of time without freezing up or otherwise stop working. It flashes green and red pretty much all the time. The money I have spent using the electric boost to heat the water (like now), I could have replaced this with a water heater that actually works. Contacted our local repairman again today.

Do NOT purchase one of these systems!

Date PurchasedFeb 2010

Dave zHayborough

Falls apart as soon as warranty is up.

Barely a year out of warranty and the top around the anode is completely rusted. Water leaking from the top. Also the solar monitor lights aren't even on any more, so I assume the solar side of things isn't even working anymore. Definitely wont be buying a Rheem again. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedNov 2010

Don't buy this Product

Had a solar hot water system for about 8 years . Tank failed in 2011.Completely rusted through on the top. Stupid me replaced it with a similar tank manufactured 3 August 2011. Today doing a routine maintenance check found small amount of rusty water coming out of top centre of tank. Removed top cover and found large amounts of wet flacky rust covered in water. Mopped it up and yes. Buggered Tank. Not happy. Will never by a Rheem product again

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Bob
Bob
Gary E.

Gary E.

The continuing Saga with our Rheem lo Line Electric Boosted Solar Hot Water System

Date PurchasedSep 2009
David

DavidSydney, NSW

The level of support provided to existing users is very poor

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Water not hot

We bought this house 6 years ago, water isn't hot usually have a shower with just the hot tap on and I wouldn't describe it as hot. Can't find paper work, would like to be able to read the book on the control panel. Tried to google to see if I can find a manual on the panel no luck. If I had my way I would rip it out and put in something else.

Date PurchasedNov 2007

Don't buy Rheem Solar Loline

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Raj
Raj

ColdThe Entrance North

Same terrible identical problem as above, just 6yrs old & water leaking out of top!

6yrs & 2mths old & my tank is leaking badly with the identical issues as review above!
Very disappointed at the short lifespan!
If Rheem does not act on this, I won't b replacing this or any other products in my home or business with Rheem. We have no hot water as had to turn off water supply to tank.

Cold

I have already sent an email to the above email address that I read from another customer's review.
I look forward to a satisfactory resolution as stated.
Thank you.

V MCKEE

V MCKEEGoldcoast

Very Angry Dont buy a Rheem HERES WHY

Friendly and helpful technician

I had the red attention light on my Solar hot water service on and called rheem. They sent out a technician the next day. I was very concerned from reading some of these posts and the expensive call out fee and additional 15 min charges. Gavin came out and was extremely friendly and informative. When he arrived the light was no longer on and he explained why the light was on and checked for any other faults. I would definately recommend rheem for this great service and turning my opinion of their company around.

Skip

Skipasked

We have a Rheem Solar Loline model 052134 with the red fault light flashing 4 times. We have heard that these units have issues all the time. Should we just remove it all together.

Motorallyrider

They are certainly a poor quality unit with very few plumbers able to adequately repair them. In retrospect I wish I had never installed mine. I wanted to save money, but this thing is a real money pit. I will never again buy a product labelled Rheem.

Dear Skip

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Ivan G

Ivan Gasked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost) 511325

can you show installation guide for plumbing

raman s.

raman s.asked

Solid (Solar) green light and a six red flashes. As per Rheem manual, turned off the power suplly for a few seconds and turned it back on. Now I have flashing green light for Solar and six red flashes for Attention

Dear Raman

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives

Download manual