Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

511340, 511270, 511430, etc...

1.4

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

DON’T GO NEAR IT

Greatest failure , if you like to give money regularly please feel free to buy RHEEM
Poor service , extreme noise and always out of order, so choice is yours , think before you buy

Purchased in January 2016.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
N.Smith

N.SmithPerth, WA

What a mistake to purchase a Rheem

Purchased in January 2014.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

MotorallyriderAU

More problems after thousands spent on repairs

Purchased in December 2012 at From Salmon Plumbing for A$4,600.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) compares to other Solar Water Heaters

LaurieH

LaurieHPerth, WA

Hopeless

We have had the system for a while now, has never been a "hot" water system from the start, 'luke warm' is the best description. Rang Heem a couple of times, the person you need is not available and am assured they will call back. DOES NOT HAPPEN.
Not happy

Purchased in November 2017.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

Burst Tank Again

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Jambo

JamboCentral West, NSW

So bad will never buy Rheem again

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Ian

Ianbobs creek

pump and control board falures

had this system for about 3 years and have replaced two circulating pumps and control boards. now another pump and board are faulty.
what can be done to fix this problem/lemon. Warranty agent blamed the tank running out of water for the first failure. which it has never done. Second time pump failure and no fuse to protect the control board so it burnt out as well. Now the third time in three years who knows the cause. Pump open circuit and board burnt out.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Rheem A.Rheem

Pump failed and solar panel burst.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Ken

KenBairnsdale

No more Rheem hot water solar panel

3 of our investment property. 8 months old, 1 years old and 3 years old. All the panel cracked and leaked. Rheem refused to replace it because they are not covered by frosted. Thank you, Simonds & Rheem. Every time when winter comes, we have to pull them apart or may have to put a blanket on those solar panels.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Jules

JulesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great if it's installed in the right conditions.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

LeesygeeAU

Avoid!

Absolute rubbish HWS. No point going solar when the circulation pump is regularly failing meaning that the unit requires boosting from (expensive) bottled gas. The pump first failed within a year of purchase which is ridiculous! And each time it seizes it costs money. Would've been better off in the long run getting a cheaper electric only system as the solar hardly works anyway. Barely get enough hot water for 3 showers. So disappointed and quite frankly pretty peeved, you'd think with the well known name they'd at least have a reliable product.

Date PurchasedSep 2012
Rob

Rob

Stay away from these hot water heater

My experience is like many for these model hot water heaters. It just never works for any length of time. The pump does not seem to be able to work for any length of time without freezing up or otherwise stop working. It flashes green and red pretty much all the time. The money I have spent using the electric boost to heat the water (like now), I could have replaced this with a water heater that actually works. Contacted our local repairman again today.

Do NOT purchase one of these systems!

Date PurchasedFeb 2010

Dave zHayborough

Falls apart as soon as warranty is up.

Barely a year out of warranty and the top around the anode is completely rusted. Water leaking from the top. Also the solar monitor lights aren't even on any more, so I assume the solar side of things isn't even working anymore. Definitely wont be buying a Rheem again. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedNov 2010

Don't buy this Product

Had a solar hot water system for about 8 years . Tank failed in 2011.Completely rusted through on the top. Stupid me replaced it with a similar tank manufactured 3 August 2011. Today doing a routine maintenance check found small amount of rusty water coming out of top centre of tank. Removed top cover and found large amounts of wet flacky rust covered in water. Mopped it up and yes. Buggered Tank. Not happy. Will never by a Rheem product again

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Bob
Bob
Gary E.

Gary E.

The continuing Saga with our Rheem lo Line Electric Boosted Solar Hot Water System

Date PurchasedSep 2009

David

DavidSydney, NSW

The level of support provided to existing users is very poor

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Water not hot

We bought this house 6 years ago, water isn't hot usually have a shower with just the hot tap on and I wouldn't describe it as hot. Can't find paper work, would like to be able to read the book on the control panel. Tried to google to see if I can find a manual on the panel no luck. If I had my way I would rip it out and put in something else.

Date PurchasedNov 2007

Don't buy Rheem Solar Loline

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Raj
Raj

ColdThe Entrance North

Same terrible identical problem as above, just 6yrs old & water leaking out of top!

6yrs & 2mths old & my tank is leaking badly with the identical issues as review above!
Very disappointed at the short lifespan!
If Rheem does not act on this, I won't b replacing this or any other products in my home or business with Rheem. We have no hot water as had to turn off water supply to tank.

Cold

I have already sent an email to the above email address that I read from another customer's review.
I look forward to a satisfactory resolution as stated.
Thank you.

V MCKEE

V MCKEEGoldcoast

Very Angry Dont buy a Rheem HERES WHY

Thanh Q.

Thanh Q.asked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

if i buy Rheem tank storage solar loline electric 51132507 325l is that complete with circulating pump and solar control unit ?

Motorallyrider

With this unit having so many reliability problems why take the risk?

Romeozuluasked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost) 511325

I have a Rheem Loline Domestic 325 litre model 51132507 Solar Water Heater manufactured in Nov 2015. Being in Blacktown NSW 2148, my off-peak usage (when new 2016) was 29-39 kilowatts Summer. Now, it is using 44 kilowatts (Jan 2020 Summer). I don't have a light either on 'Solar' or 'Attention' on the Control Unit, and the connecting pipe has a pulsating feel. From the records of my off-peak usage, I guess my unit is working, but why aren't the LEDs lit? Also, is it normal for the pump to pulsate? My plumber tells me the control unit should be replaced. Please advise.
Thank You.
Henry

Romeozulu

Kindly advise as to whether the pulsating feel is normal for the control unit pump of my 4 year old unit. Please do not tell me to ring 131031 as I have already done so, and was quoted $143.00 for a call-out and $27.50 per every 15 minutes for someone to check the unit and give me an answer.

Dear Romeozulu

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, if you could please email your contact details to Rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au and we will be in contact to discuss this further.

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Rhonda

Rhondaasked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

We have a 2011 Rheem solar HWS and everytime its cooler we run out of Hot water. Is it too late to get a booster installed. Thanks Rhonda

Dear Rhonda.

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives