Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost)

Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost)

531260, 511161, 511270-G, etc...

1.3

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

JenniferHunter Region, NSW

Red needs attention light on, and gas bill was 105% more than this time last year!

Purchased in June 2011 for A$4,900.00.

Household Size2 person(s)
Justin L.

Justin L.Perth, WA

DO NOT BUY RHEEM. Terrible products fail prematurely. Poor warranty and customer service.

DO NOT BUY RHEEM. Terrible company. Their warranty is deceptive - 5 years on the tank which is highly unlikely to fail, yet only 1 year on pump, booster and solar collector. Our $5,000 system failed after 3 years, $700 repair bill and they did not want to know us. Had a cheap Chromagen solar system form another home build, and it was going strong after 7 years at half the initial cost!

Lodged a complaint with WA Consumer Protection, and they stood fast and would not help us, not even with part of the cost.

Purchased in September 2016 for A$5,000.00.

Household Size2 person(s)
Howard

HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible quality of solar roof collector hot sensor and pump

Endless troubles for a 10 years old hot water system. Bad quality of solar hot water system is scam. No saving after all.
1. Replaced broken solar roof collector hot sensor (rusted cable and inside metal pin) 1 year ago. Spent $300 to replace it.
2. Rusted and broken two pins connector of hot sensor under control unit. Repaired it myself.
3. Now control unit pump seized. Gonna spend another $500 to replace the pump. Pump was noisy when it was working. I think I will just leave it as it is. $500 can buy a lot of gas.
4. Rust appears at the top of water tank.

Purchased in January 2010.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Perfect

Our technician Fixed the sensor and a part that was in the component.we have hot water again. Thankyou again for a job well done.very happy with our rheem water service.

Purchased in January 2018.

Household Size3 person(s)

Ant

Terrible system which doesn’t last the distance

This system has been running hot and cold water for a while and now has suddenly stopped producing hot water. Not sure how a system with less then 4 years of use have problems and not work. Definitely not buying anything with Rheem ever again.

Purchased in June 2015.

KerryeRosebud

Terrible

This system has been terrible from the start, hot water would run hot and cold while having a shower, has Rheem plumber out( whom charge like a wounded bull) to tell me it's my fault cause I didn't use enough hot water, then he took the water saver out of my shower head and told me that would fix it!! It didn't ,lol, it still ran hot and cold in the middle of a shower. Now it has been leaking water from the top of the solar storage tank, so I got a different plumber to disconnect tank, he said gas bill will be higher, cause no solar connection, but I don't care as long as I can have hot shower the whole way threw, this has been a terrible and expensive experience no thank to the Rheem plumber

Date PurchasedSep 2010
Kerrye

I don't think you can help me, I asked for you help, you sent a dogie plumber, I rang you again, you were going to send another plumber and charge me again, you can email me at kerryeedwards@yahoo.com.au

Waste of money - doesn't work and Rheem won't fix iy

What a frustrating experience.

The system has died on us after two years.

We live 35 min from Canberra but Rheem will no travel to even look at it. There solution is to send a repairman from an hour and a half in the other direction but we pay his travel costs.

What a complete waste of money. The system just sits there, doing nothing. The hot water boosts off the instantaneous gas.

Do not go near this product or company.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Matt
Matt
Rheem A.Rheem

Hi Matt, we are glad that your issue has been fixed and will pass the feedback on to the team.

Absolutely shocking warranty repair service.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

jo123Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Getting tired of the annual breakdown!

The system works pretty good and is quite cheap to run until the hot weather hits! Every year around January the connectors on the solar panels split and create a spectacular fountain of hot water gushing high into the sky. The first couple of years I've called a plumber and had it fixed for a large sum of money. Being somewhat resourceful over the last 6-7 years of this happening annually I've learned to isolate the system and buy the $20-$30 connectors and o-rings and fix it myself! This January just gone was no exception to the problem except this time the connector itself was even more poorly made than usual and couldn't be installed! Back to the plumbing supplies for me on Monday! (Again)!

Date PurchasedJan 2007

NC00

NC00

Absolute Junk

The system failed on Friday evening, so no hot water for the night. I live in an estate where all the houses have a similar system, I spoke to neighbours on both sides of the house and they tell me they have had the same issues of failing systems. Calling Rheem this morning and stating that I have read all these reviews and issues with this lemon of a system I would like someone to come out and look at the system (will be the 3rd time Rheem will be coming out to look at the system). They know that this system is a lemon and should endeavour to repair it at their expense! This product should have been recalled, very unhappy!

Date PurchasedMay 2008
BD20

BD20Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid Rheem like the Plague

Came with the new house .The red flashlight has been flashing from the beginning and the buzzing sound from the pump was abnormal and we reported it during the the warranty inspection with the builder They said everything was normal.
Now after 5 years , we have noticed that the only the gas booster is warming the water and the pump and the flashlights are not working.I dont how long this has been doing this for.
Callouts from Rheem and parts are ridiculously expensive.
Will never get a Rheem again

Date PurchasedJan 2011

DougPerth, WA

8th Call Out In 4 Years

Rheem have been again and replaced the timer for the third time. To their credit it was a free call but given the last time it was replaced was less than a year, they are required under warranty to replace it. The way it is going the whole unit will have been replaced in another couple of years. Rheem must know this model is a lemon and should give us all an extended warranty or replace the unit with one that is reliable.

Doug

Good to see you are reading your customers feedback. I have spoken to your national office on three occasions and am awaiting their response to my problems with this unit.

Jamesbendigo

Avoid do not buy, terrible aftermarket service

RangoAU

Don't get Rheemed

Remi

RemiPerth

Rheem Solar Premier Lowline

January 2014.I am disappointed that only approx 3.5 years after installation, it needs to be repaired. I have been quoted a minimum of $1100 to replace and install the pump and the control board.
This seems expensive shelling out a minimum of $1100 for a system that is only 3.5 years old...It actually ended up costing $1158.
9 July 2014 - Follow up. Just had Rheem out again as the hot water system was not working due to a blockage. The total cost of the repair was $143.00 as the blockage was not under warranty.... Not Happy!
Total cost for the 6 months = $1,300!!!!
Helpful service desk
Expensive to repair

Murray Perth.

Murray Perth.Perth

Would never recommend Rheem Solar Loline Gas Boosted Water Heater

After five and a half years I have had three service calls to repair my system with cost totalling $685. This cost out weighs the savings made from the solar system. The product is a croc and would never recommend it to anyone. My next door neighbour has an identical system and has experienced similar problems and costs. In future I would opt to a non Solar system as this has been the primary cause of all faults.

Expensive to maintain

no solar heating because temperature sensor plugs were reversed

Important Info!! being a sparky, and actually getting to talk to a Rheem tech over the phone, I discovered that the plugs from the temperature sensor in the roof panel and the one in the tank were swapped, causing the pump to never bring hot water down from roof!! I reversed little black plugs in panel, the green led starting it's 3 flashes and pump came on. My gas bill has now dropped by 70% ... no apology or refunds from Rheem, no surprise :(
now get heating from the sun!!
rheem install checks obviuosly non-existant costing me $500 in gas bills !!

jodiei
jodiei

i was wondering if your unit was noisy before you fixed the sensors (a buzzing noise), my gas bill is extremely high and i believe i may have the same problem.

MonekyHollow

MonekyHollowAU

Very Poor Product - Please Avoid All costs (and it will cost!!)

Bazzar
Bazzar

Pete39PERTH

It Should Be Lolife Not Loline !

I cannot recommend the Rheem Solar Loline Gas. Our 260L system cannot reliably supply HOT water for 2 people. The unit is less than 4 years old and has been nothing but trouble ... 2 expensive call-outs and now it needs attention again ! I suspect the solar panels have failed cos our gas bill has doubled. It is a defective product and should be recalled !
It looks nice !
It is inefficient and defective.

JC_1972

JC_1972Western Australia, 6031

Terrible

I inadvertantly commented on the Electric Boost Page when I have Gas Boost however the powered portion is not the problem, it is the fittings & Solar Collectors (as per everyone elses complaints on the 'Electric' LoLine Page). I just paid $850 after 5 years of operation to replace pump & PCB and ceramic connectors. Now pursuing with Consumer Affairs. What's the point of saving on your gas bill if you have to pay $850 every 5 years to fix it?
Alleged energy savings & being able to do my bit for the planet.
Repair costs, still no hot water on a 40 degree day AFTER paying $850 to have it fixed. Pathetic use of Bakelite for the solar connectors - repair now uses Brass Connectors.

DavO S.

DavO S.asked

Solar Loline (gas boost)

We have a Rheem solar loline gas boosted system that makes an annoying buzzing sound constantly, how do I resolve this issue?

Dear DaveO.

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31 due to the technical information required.
Our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Vinasked

Solar Loline (gas boost) 511161

Moved into a brand new townhouse. The hot water bill for first 3 weeks was $142.00 and says this is equal to 7 people in the house. We have 2. Estimate for 2 months is $390. Gas hot water and hot plates costing $6.50 per day. Does this seem excessive? Checked usage frequently and this is consistent. Is the 511161 known to cost this much to run?

Dear Vin.

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Vin

Thank you very much Rheem and Calley for taking my call yesterday, listening and responding. I am so pleased with the outcome. Calley (excuse me if spelling is not correct) your help is very much appreciated. Technician called by today and solved our issue. Great customer service.

Craig A.

Craig A.asked

Solar Loline (gas boost)

MJ PER HR

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives

Compare all 5 Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost)
Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) 511340-G
  • Discontinued

Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) 511340-G

No reviews yet
Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) 511430-G
  • Discontinued

Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) 511430-G

No reviews yet
CategorySolar Water HeatersSolar Water HeatersSolar Water HeatersSolar Water Heaters
Compare all 5 Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost)