Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost)

531260, 511161, 511270-G, etc... (See All)
See the Best Solar Water Heaters in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Rheem

1.3
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Nuvin
NuvinPerth, WA

Why Rheem Solar Loline still selling. Its so bad. Don't buy.

Why Rheem Solar Loline still selling. Its so bad. Don't buy. My RHEEM 220L solar loline gas boosted system is just over 6 years old. It has leaking water from solar panels and cost to replace panels, just panels is $2415. I would not buy or recommend this product. They should stop selling this failed product.

JenniferHunter Region, NSW

Red needs attention light on, and gas bill was 105% more than this time last year!

Purchased in for $4,900.

Justin L.Perth, WA

DO NOT BUY RHEEM. Terrible products fail prematurely. Poor warranty and customer service.

DO NOT BUY RHEEM. Terrible company. Their warranty is deceptive - 5 years on the tank which is highly unlikely to fail, yet only 1 year on pump, booster and solar collector. Our $5,000 system failed after 3 years, $700 repair bill and they did not want to know us. Had a cheap Chromagen solar system form another home build, and it was going strong after 7 years at half the initial cost!

Lodged a complaint with WA Consumer Protection, and they stood fast and would not help us, not even with part of the cost.

Purchased in for $5,000.

Howard
HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible quality of solar roof collector hot sensor and pump

Endless troubles for a 10 years old hot water system. Bad quality of solar hot water system is scam. No saving after all.
1. Replaced broken solar roof collector hot sensor (rusted cable and inside metal pin) 1 year ago. Spent $300 to replace it.
2. Rusted and broken two pins connector of hot sensor under control unit. Repaired it myself.
3. Now control unit pump seized. Gonna spend another $500 to replace the pump. Pump was noisy when it was working. I think I will just leave it as it is. $500 can buy a lot of gas.
4. Rust appears at the top of water tank.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Perfect

Our technician Fixed the sensor and a part that was in the component.we have hot water again. Thankyou again for a job well done.very happy with our rheem water service.

Ant

Terrible system which doesn’t last the distance

This system has been running hot and cold water for a while and now has suddenly stopped producing hot water. Not sure how a system with less then 4 years of use have problems and not work. Definitely not buying anything with Rheem ever again.

KerryeRosebud

Terrible

This system has been terrible from the start, hot water would run hot and cold while having a shower, has Rheem plumber out( whom charge like a wounded bull) to tell me it's my fault cause I didn't use enough hot water, then he took the water saver out of my shower head and told me that would fix it!! It didn't ,lol, it still ran hot and cold in the middle of a shower. Now it has been leaking water from the top of the solar storage tank, so I got a different plumber to disconnect tank, he said gas bill will be higher, cause no solar connection, but I don't care as long as I can have hot shower the whole way threw, this has been a terrible and expensive experience no thank to the Rheem plumber

Kerrye

I don't think you can help me, I asked for you help, you sent a dogie plumber, I rang you again, you were going to send another plumber and charge me again, you can email me at kerryeedwards@yahoo.com.au

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022

Waste of money - doesn't work and Rheem won't fix iy

What a frustrating experience.

The system has died on us after two years.

We live 35 min from Canberra but Rheem will no travel to even look at it. There solution is to send a repairman from an hour and a half in the other direction but we pay his travel costs.

What a complete waste of money. The system just sits there, doing nothing. The hot water boosts off the instantaneous gas.

Do not go near this product or company.

Matt
Matt
Rheem A.RheemSend a private message

Hi Matt, we are glad that your issue has been fixed and will pass the feedback on to the team.

Absolutely shocking warranty repair service.

jo123Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Getting tired of the annual breakdown!

The system works pretty good and is quite cheap to run until the hot weather hits! Every year around January the connectors on the solar panels split and create a spectacular fountain of hot water gushing high into the sky. The first couple of years I've called a plumber and had it fixed for a large sum of money. Being somewhat resourceful over the last 6-7 years of this happening annually I've learned to isolate the system and buy the $20-$30 connectors and o-rings and fix it myself! This January just gone was no exception to the problem except this time the connector itself was even more poorly made than usual and couldn't be installed! Back to the plumbing supplies for me on Monday! (Again)!

NC00
NC00

Absolute Junk

The system failed on Friday evening, so no hot water for the night. I live in an estate where all the houses have a similar system, I spoke to neighbours on both sides of the house and they tell me they have had the same issues of failing systems. Calling Rheem this morning and stating that I have read all these reviews and issues with this lemon of a system I would like someone to come out and look at the system (will be the 3rd time Rheem will be coming out to look at the system). They know that this system is a lemon and should endeavour to repair it at their expense! This product should have been recalled, very unhappy!

BD20
BD20Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid Rheem like the Plague

Came with the new house .The red flashlight has been flashing from the beginning and the buzzing sound from the pump was abnormal and we reported it during the the warranty inspection with the builder They said everything was normal.
Now after 5 years , we have noticed that the only the gas booster is warming the water and the pump and the flashlights are not working.I dont how long this has been doing this for.
Callouts from Rheem and parts are ridiculously expensive.
Will never get a Rheem again

DougPerth, WA

8th Call Out In 4 Years

Rheem have been again and replaced the timer for the third time. To their credit it was a free call but given the last time it was replaced was less than a year, they are required under warranty to replace it. The way it is going the whole unit will have been replaced in another couple of years. Rheem must know this model is a lemon and should give us all an extended warranty or replace the unit with one that is reliable.

Doug

Good to see you are reading your customers feedback. I have spoken to your national office on three occasions and am awaiting their response to my problems with this unit.

Jamesbendigo

Avoid do not buy, terrible aftermarket service

Rango
RangoPerth, WA

Don't get Rheemed

John
Johnasked
Solar Loline (gas boost) 531260

Where can I get a pilot light tube for the above gas heater

Richard
Richardasked
Solar Loline (gas boost) 531260

Good evening
I am a plumber in WA and have a problem with a circuit board on a 531260PO system it was manufactured 21/4/2006 serial 2769462 . I am hopeful there is an upgrade that could keep the system functioning as there are no leaks on the system and although the water isn't great over here in WA the system has had anodes replaced regularly and has had a panel replacement about 5years ago. My number is 0417136242 Pressure Time Plumbing. Thanks in advance Richard.

Pauly B.
Pauly B.

Don't hold you breath Richard. There are aftermarket solar hot water system controllers available. Look for Aestiva (Made in Australia) and Sorel (made in Germany) available on ebay for under $200. You can install them yourself.

DavidD
DavidD
Sharon
Sharonasked
Solar Loline (gas boost)

Hi,
System is only a year old and already given us issues, we are not getting any hot water downstairs, but we are getting ample of hot water upstairs. The only time we can get hot water downstairs is by turning on the gas booster. The solar seems to work fine since we are able to shower upstairs with just solar power. Any troubleshooting will be appreciated.

PS Rheem wants to charge a call out fee despite system under warranty and a year old. Ummmm.

See all Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) questions

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives

Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost)

Compare all 5 Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost)
Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) 511340-G
  • Discontinued

Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) 511340-G

No reviews yet
Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) 511430-G
  • Discontinued

Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost) 511430-G

No reviews yet
CategorySolar Water HeatersSolar Water HeatersSolar Water HeatersSolar Water Heaters
Compare all 5 Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost)