2Richtek

MelWaz
MelWazGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
Dave
DavePerth, WA

Poor excuses and excessive charge for job

Failed to install new hot water system despite spending 4 hours on site. Left with no hot water for another day despite paying a premium to fix it. Had to come back the next day to finish the job. Also tried to invoice me for separate work which we instructed them not to do. Despite this their accounts dept aggressively called me demanding immediate payment for work not done. I would not use this business again or recommend to others.
CraigV
CraigVPerth, WA

Impossible to get deposit returned

It seems to be a common theme but we paid a deposit to get a shower regrouted but after four date changes of when they were available, we gave up and employed someone else to do the job. [Name Removed], the owner, called me and said how disappointed he was and he could see that there had been multiple delays and changes. All very amicable but despite emailing them multiple times, we cannot get them to give us back our deposit. I would be very careful about engaging this company in the future.
FJaPerth, WA5 posts

Appalling Service terrible quality - Stating Trusted Partners who are not. 0% Customer Care

I'd give -10 if I could!
Absolutely appalling service. Don't finish the job, what is done is poor quality doesn't meet standards. Wont provide an itemised bill no customer care. Won't rectify the issues raised. Take you to court to scare you into paying up. Complaints in with ACCC and DMIRS, costs a lot but get a building inspection report if you can, it will help your case. Complain to the media to DMIRS to ACCC, Richtek seem to be getting away with this alot. If everybody complains to the media, lodges with DMIRS and ACCC hopefully it will get dealt with and those of us who have been stung will get compensated at least.
Anybody who has an issue with their work please lodge a complaint.
  • +3Thumbnail
FJa

Anybody with a complaint please contact DMIRS, our complaint has been accepted by them and issued to Richtek for comment. As Richtek already have dite of the Building Inspection Report as well as a copy of the details DMIRS have issued.

Justine C.
Justine C.

Great service from Brendan

We had a few burst water pipes on our driveway and Brendan did a fantastic job of diagnosing and fixing the problem efficiently. Explained the process clearly and replaced our pavers like a pro!!!
Lisa
LisaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
Jay
JaySouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Extremely disappointed

Do not use this company. Richtek Brisbane are frauds. They promised the earth and could talk the talk but do not deliver. Paid 50% deposit up front. They did some work with poor worksmanship, left a hell of a mess and pomised to come back. Booked in for a month later and they never turned up. Tried calling for weeks and emailing but no reply. They even blocked my mobile number. Tried calling the Melbourne office to make a complaint. They would not allow me to speak to anyone besides reception. They are liars who take your deposit and do not return to do the work. Do not trust this buisness.
Amanda A.
Amanda A.Perth, WA2 posts
J Mason
J MasonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Poor communication and never completed job 4 months of waiting

Booked in Dec 23 for roof plumbing repairs. Paid 50% deposit. Rooftek cancelled booking on us twice on both ocassions the day before our booking. So four months later in April 24 I wrote a formal complaint and was told I would get a response from a manager. Never did. Asked for a refund of deposit and was told two weeks. Emailed again and told it was processed and would take 10 days and if not received to call again. I ended up booking a local company who did the same job for approximately 1/3 quoted price of Richtek and completed the job on time the very next week.
Kristy M.
Kristy M.Perth, WA

Get second opinion!

GET A SECOND OPINION. I asked for a quote to assess a leaky roof. I got a quote back to repair the area of issue for $5K but was being heavily guided towards a full roof replacement for $20K. Was a very sale-heavy approach, didn’t at all feel that my best interests were in play, and I would have to have waited months for the work.

Another company successfully repaired the required area for $850, they were personable, honest, and the work was done within the week.

Enough said.

MarkPerth, WA2 posts

Best workers

.WORKERS WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND and coming back to finish the job EXCELLENT WORKERS NATHAN AND BRAYDON DESERVE A PAY RISE AND A DAY OFF. Would let these guys do any plumbing work in my house

Horrendous

Worst most horrendous experience. Had to wait 2 days. Not given a time, wait all day rock up 3.30pm wasted 30 min till commencing then tell us will only do half the job and return another day. Unacceptable. Rung office in office hours uncontactable. Take your money and run. Avoid like covid.
Rhonda
RhondaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Untrustworthy

Richtek cannot be trusted. I paid to have my shower regrouted and the shower screen replaced. Full amount paid in January 2024. The regrouting was done but it is now April and the shower screen has not been replaced. It is almost impossible to contact anyone to find out what is going on.
I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Lim
LimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Complete waste of time

Poor customer service - the booking was confirmed via email, including confirmation of the address and the allocated time. However, they never showed up. When I rang Richtek customer service, I was informed that there was no booking in place (and that they don't even restore tiles on a balcony), despite this being clear in my description. Never again - AVOID. After reading their other reviews, I think their booking system failure did me a favour.
Pepito
PepitoPerth, WA6 posts

Not a legit company, over-inflated quotes

Quoted 31k for a tile roof restoration and gutter replacement. Wanted 50% deposit up front. Bloke spent most of the time on the phone discussing his sales tactics with the boss. Sent constant emails and messages and when I declined the work I got aggressive responses, as if I'd want to pay triple the money....
Got the work done for 12k elsewhere.

clare v.
clare v.

When will I receive a refund for $328:95 for services not rendered? This was paid 27/04/2022.
I have documentation supporting my claim for non compliance. This matter is now lodged with ACCC.
Clare Van Velzen-McGregor

grant beattie
grant beattie

You have to take bank or legal/CAT action. They will not refund. Found out the hard way. Still waiting for my refund from October.

W Smeets

Does anyone know of any action currently against Richtek??? It seems they are laughing at the system and getting away with it. I have an ongoing problem also with them.

Will

KAM
KAM

Not that I know of but hope someone can do something as they certainly like to handle the truth carlessly.

Nat
Nat

I am going to Consumer Protection on Wednesday to file a complaint and have file a transaction dispute through my bank. Hopefully some thing will come out of this.

Margaret Seats

Just had a call out and Jack arrived to check out my kitchen tap due to dripping he suggested installing a new one. I, being alone and 89 years of age, and not having any knowledge at all re kitchen taps, was shown some examples and I chose the lower priced one $506.00. - first was $944.90 and beyond my means being a pensioner. I only hope I have done the right thing in choosing the $506.00 item as I am inclined to feel a little apprehensive now, maybe I should have had someone with me to advise the best way to go. I have already paid half the amount owing, $250.00.
Sincerely,

Margaret Seats

I, Margaret Seats submitted this complaint.

Contact info for Richtek