HAPPY WITH BACKUP

Had a new "Brivis" heating system installed in July 2020 and all was fine until the "Networker" (control) started playing up. Called Rinnai service to report as a warranty issue and technician "Ravi" came and replaced faulty networker with no issues.

Aidan

AidanSydney, NSW

Best Solar hot water system installed to our home to date.

The Rinnai Solar Hot Water System was installed at our home, eight and one half months ago. In that time I haven't needed to boost the hot water. We did have an issue with vibration and rumbling of the system on very hot days when hot water was released. Rinnai resolved the problem quickly by increasing the copper feed pipe size from 15mm to 22mm. Good communication from Rinnai Care Manager and his team. Very please with both the system and Rinnai's help.

Dean

DeanSydney, NSW

Warranty assistance disgraceful

Lodged a warranty claim. It took roughly 15x Calls to confirm anything was getting done about it. Took 28 days to get the warranty leaking tank replaced.
Unfortunately rinnai use contracting companies to do their warranty repairs and the communication between them all must be by smoke signals.
Could not get an answer on anything from rinnai and would not get the promised call backs with the promised information.
A good product generally but the service is extremely poor

John KennedyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service, can,t fault it

After a hiccup with previus serice call which had a as leak, the resultant service time was spot on and Rob the service operator was ultra efficient and more than obliging

Thank,s for that

Mickey

MickeyGippsland, VIC

Hot water fix

Speedy answer to request.
Service man was top notch and super helpful.
Supplied loan unit until ours was repaired.
Communication was great and all people spoken to were terrific.
Top job, well done.

Happy with service

Communications accurate and work carried out on date at time arranged. Service person pleasant and informative in explaining tasks carried out.

Tracy J

Tracy JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Needed a replacement remote control.

Serviceman was very knowledgeable, professional and courteous.
I am very pleased with the service and will definitely use them again if needed.

Carole W,

Carole W,Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rinnai Service on Heaters

I was very happy with the work performed. Serviceman was punctual, very professional and respectful. Won’t hestitate to use again.

Mal.DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Peace of mind

Purchased a Rinnai 4.1 kw portable air-con for my room and have had no sleepless nights on hot days since.
Works a treat.

Excellent service

Called on last Friday, same day called me back and booked on Tuesday morning 8 am ,half hour later job been done ; Rinnai split wall mounted air conditioner, remote control didn't communicate with unit . Didn't pay bills, because unit still under warranty. Quite happy, thank you.

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waste of time and money

I don,t do reviews or ratings, but this warrants a reply. If you have a contractor from rinnai looking at a rinnai hot water system, no matter what the problem is you would think he would have the tools and the ladder to fix the problem not just state the problem and leave it to others then charge $225 for nothing, then not have the decency to liaise with my wife who was home but insist on only discussing with me (while I was at work) Also when I rang next day to complain I was told someone would ring back, still waiting.

Ishkaa

IshkaaAU

1st care customer service is a bit rich...

Kim

KimSydney, NSW

Rinnai Service of Hot Water Heater unnecessarily stressful and difficult

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Our Air Conditioner started operating noisily. Our Service guy said it was probably the pump or fan but was still under warranty. We called Brivis. They came out the next day. On time. Fixed the problem. Guys name was Jarrod. Lovely guy. Cannot recommend highly enough. Very happy.

Sue

SueSydney, NSW

Crap hot water system

New Rinnai hotflow water system 2 years old and it's dripping water inside already, rusted tank so gas won't stay on. Crap product don't recommend.

Rinnai don't honor the warranty. They want credit card details and I will be charged a $220 call out fee if it isn't.
Not only is this product crap but so is
their whole warranty process. Unbelievable

Terry D

Terry DMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip off advice.

Paid $225 for advice saying my two water heaters couldn’t be repaired because they were 20 years old. The fact that they were 20 years old (age of house) was on my application for service. Could have told me that without sending someone.
Called the plumber who installed them when the house was built, for a second opinion, and he didn’t charge anything. He is now getting me advice on three brands for replacement.

Iman M.

Iman M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero support

Bought a brand new townhouse with Rinnai cooling and heating system 4 months ago! Regardless of the fact that the builder and developer are both hopeless and have employed a useless technician to install the system who takes zero responsibility for the poor job he has done, there is no way we could get any support from Rinnai! Basically they just blamed the installer for not installing properly and left!
I could not even find a list of accredited installers for Rinnai system that I could employ. Today is 40 degrees in Melbourne and my Rinnai system does not go any below 38 after working all day!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Sensational. Fixed same day.

We had been aware of gas HW heater fan noise for a few months. Service call resulted in tech arriving same day with required parts. Fixed in minutes. New fan assembly did the job.

Kate J.

Kate J.South East Queensland, QLD

Hot/cold fluctuation

We bought a home with Rinnai installed. The hot water in our second bathroom fluctuates between hot & cold and the cold water tap doesn't flow water at all. A Rinnai service provider came to assess the problem. Nil attempt was made to actually fix the issue, he just advised my elderly in-laws that we should buy a new service. We were charged $225 for our troubles and when I phoned to discuss our options further (4 weeks ago) I was informed someone would return my call...nil call has been received. Very disappointing service.

AnnCampbell

AnnCampbell

Service of BRIVIS HEATING SYSTEM

Could not fault any moment of process. Office staff courteous when first contact made re booking a service. Tradesman's arrival punctual as advised. Tradesman, well mannered and gave impression he was happy to be there to do the job.

Please note I do not understand next question re rewards.
I rang for a service as I believed it was due . Office staff
arranged a date and time, tradesman turned up as advised and completed job. No mention of rewards at any time.

Wendi G.

Wendi G.asked

Hi, I have a VERY old Rinnai R60MF (looks to possibly be 25 + years old) that the fan hasn’t worked on in years, is it still possible to buy a new fan motor? Thanks guys :)

Mal.D

I would doubt Rinnai would have parts for something that old but you could always try asking them, if they don't then they may be able to point you in the direction of a second hand parts dealer who can install a later model motor that is suitable for yours.

Hi Wendi G,

Thank you for your question.
Due to the age of this unit, we would recommend contacting our Technical Team on 1300 555 545 to obtain advice.

gcc.outlookasked

What a waste of money! We had an Enviroflo 250L installed on 18 June 2020 as suggested by Omega Services plumber to replace our solar hot water heater. We had no idea how noisy or “whisper quiet” 48db is.On 19 & 21 June 2020, neighbour across the lane complained that his sleep was disturbed by the noise emanating from the heat pump. Plumber came on 22 June to inspect & called Rinnai to contact us, however, Rinnai wanted a deposit of $225 before they could send a technician to check the noise level. We had another visit from our neighbour today, 27 June 2020 who suggested that we replace our unit with a standard water heater because he is still disturbed by the noise even if we are only operating it during the daytime. We paid a lot to have an Enviroflo installed to help reduce gas emissions. At the same time, we want to keep the peace with our neighbour of 26 years. What do we do with the newly installed noisy Enviroflo if Rinnai would not replace it unless defective?

Hi gcc.outlook,

We have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Thanks,

Hi Rinnai,

I responded to your private message but have not received further communications from you since then.

Hi gcc.outlook,

We apologise for the delay in coming back to you, please refer to your private messages.

Thanks,

Kristine

Kristineasked

I need a longer ventilation duct for the portable air conditioning. Where can I order it from you?

Stephen Stokes
Stephen Stokes

I wish I could help but I am not from Rinnai also I am not a supplier.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Kristine, thanks for the question, replacement parts can be ordered from any supplier of Rinnai products however there is no extension for the exhaust duct. The maximum extension is 1.8 metres.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives