1.6

Averil

AverilSouthern and Hills, SA

Unacceptable After Sales Service

MSSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They don't want to know....

Bought a Brivis BX320 a month ago. It has a temperature differential of one degree, so it goes on and off at very short intervals. The dealer said it should be two degrees. He fiddled with the thermostat and, if anything, made it worse. Said to contact the maker. The maker's rep agreed it should be two degrees and instructed me in resetting the thermostat. Made no difference. When I rang back, the differential had suddenly become one degree and there was nothing he could do about and I would have to get used to it. As an added "bonus", the machine is noisier than the 20-year-old one it replaced. I'm sorry I bought the thing.

MSS

Now, more than a week later, I am told that my problem has been resolved. That's news to me!

SilvaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not waste your time with Rinnai please

I am unemployed thanks to COVID19, and had time to go around the house.
Rinnai water tank is leaking, only 4.5 years old.

Terrible customer service. Do not waste your time.

Silva

Thanks, but i have not received a message yet

AMP

AMPAustralian Capital Territory

Appalling Service

I bought a new Rinnai heater and from day one it has rattled so loudly it wakes me in the middle of the night. After 5 calls to HQ and 6 service callouts and 2 promises that the State Manager will contact...still nothing. The system is faulty and needs replacing and I think I have been reasonable in living with a faulty machine. It is now time to take the legal route..unfortunately. To make this worse my daughter who has cancer and was going through chemo was living in my apartment while this was happening. I work in the first responder sector and it is very disappointing ...

Chris T.

Chris T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor Service

Chazer

ChazerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service - Warranty misleading

Rinnai A.Rinnai

We were having trouble with our 315 Hotflo , we contacted Rinnai and the next day a technician was on site fitting a new thermostat . Problem solved . Hot water again.

Well Done to all at Rinnai and thanks again,

Steve

joel.nSydney Surrounds, NSW

Still waiting

joel.n

Number I received on Friday is wo74500.

Issue Resolved

Rinnai have now resolved my issue with trying to obtain a replacement cover for a new air conditioner. It did take time and perseverance but someone within the organisation was able to help which I appreciate.

Natalie SmallSydney, NSW

Rinnai Gar hit water tank

Model - GHF4135W
Rinnai has no after hours service at all, even if you tank is under warranty. You can only contact Rinnai during regular business hours Monday to Friday, if something goes wrong with your tank.
I bought my new hot water tank in October 2019 and the pilot light has gone off 5 times. Even though Rinnai knew about my issues I still had to pay their expert $350 to come out afterhours and would not be reimbursed. They think it was acceptable to go without hot water from Friday night right through to Monday morning.
I would not recommend Rinnai for this very reason, as it is unacceptable.

Natalie Small

Spare parts not available.

Being an air conditioning/refrigeration mechanic with 30 years experience, Rinnai is the only company Ive dealt with who is unable to supply a replacement indoor casing for a brand new air conditioner. If I cant get a replacement for my client I would not recommend buying a Rinnai product. The explanation I was given is it is not a high demand item . I would disagree as I have worked in far north Australia and it was not unusual to replace covers because of the climate and l had no problem from other brands. Be wary of a brand which does not offer a full range of spare parts.

Wayne
Wayne

Received a short response from Rinnai but no closer to a resolution. Have heard nothing from them for over a week now. As a tradesman, I cannot recommend this company.

Poor Service

4 week old Instantaneous Hot Water Service stops working. Major repair job, Rinnani not prepared to replace unit. Call Centre unable to push things along.
Would struggle to use Rinnai Products again.

Kat

KatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If there was a half star option, I would rate Rinnai with just 1/2 a star

...and that's only because someone answered the phone. There must be something going on at Rinnai and their 'sister company' Gas Appliances because for the last 3 months no-one can tell us when the spare part will be installed. I get it, things take time but to call the customer service call centre about 20 times within the 3 months, and none of the information provided to them on the previous 19 occasions, has been entered into the system, is ridiculous. I've never encountered such poor service and lack of accountability, it's mind-boggling.

AlLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Service and repair too slow

The whole process of organising a repair for a split system less than a year old takes days not just one call. Told it would be prioritised but it is still 2 weeks until a technician is available. Would not buy from them again.

Savvy shopper

Savvy shopperAdelaide

Shoddy product, shoddy service

Mastanasta F.Sydney, NSW

This review has gone from 1 star to 4 stars now...

Mastanasta F.

Thanks very much to Rinnai and the builder who worked together to resolve this issue at their expense.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Terrible - trying to charge for warranty replacement

Dan
Dan

Thanks - given I haven't had a response to my email for nearly two weeks, that'd be grand. Abysmal customer service so far.

Sarah

SarahCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Appalling customer service

Faiz

FaizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Company

Good company and great products but still they need to improve customer service. Rinnai took some time to fix my problem but in the end they gave me new split system.

SR

SRSydney, NSW

Bad service

Bad service from rinnai. Customer service wouldnt think from customer point of view rather yelling at customers is what they are good at. rinnai shut down your bad product sales here .

Kristine

Kristineasked

I need a longer ventilation duct for the portable air conditioning. Where can I order it from you?

Stephen Stokes
Stephen Stokes

I wish I could help but I am not from Rinnai also I am not a supplier.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Kristine, thanks for the question, replacement parts can be ordered from any supplier of Rinnai products however there is no extension for the exhaust duct. The maximum extension is 1.8 metres.

SPN

SPNasked

Hi, looking at all these reviews I am very nervous of how long it will now take to get my air con unit attended to with temperatures likely to soar into the 40s again...Is there any chance whatsoever that my case that I just logged can be attended to asap as a matter of urgency? We did our first service to our 2 year old unit just the other day using a qualified technician who told us we had a gas leak and it would be wise to contact Rinnai since it is still under warranty. So I did this today. I have two small kids and waiting for weeks to get the air con attended to is not an option. Please help! Happy to give you my details in private. Regards

Hi SPN

We have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Thanks,

Michaelasked

Bought a new split system heater...yup,faulty.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Michael, if the installing plumber has checked the installation has been completed correctly, we recommend booking a service call on 1300 555 545 or through the Rinnai Australia website:

Michael

Tried your number twice and asked for a return call twice...nothing WTH ? This product is installed,installed by highly qualified and experienced guys who have met the strict requirements of the government..it doesn’t work and you have been so slack with your return call.Just how poor are your products if you aren’t returning my calls ?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for getting back to us Michael, we are sorry to hear you have had issues getting through to our 1st Care department. You can book online at

or if you would prefer, you can send us your contact details via private message and we will arrange for someone to call you back

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives