AlL

AlLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Service and repair too slow

The whole process of organising a repair for a split system less than a year old takes days not just one call. Told it would be prioritised but it is still 2 weeks until a technician is available. Would not buy from them again.

Savvy shopper

Savvy shopperAdelaide

Shoddy product, shoddy service

Mastanasta F.Sydney, NSW

This review has gone from 1 star to 4 stars now...

Mastanasta F.

Thanks very much to Rinnai and the builder who worked together to resolve this issue at their expense.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Terrible - trying to charge for warranty replacement

Dan
Dan

Thanks - given I haven't had a response to my email for nearly two weeks, that'd be grand. Abysmal customer service so far.

Sarah

SarahCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Appalling customer service

Faiz

FaizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Company

Good company and great products but still they need to improve customer service. Rinnai took some time to fix my problem but in the end they gave me new split system.

SR

SRSydney, NSW

Bad service

Bad service from rinnai. Customer service wouldnt think from customer point of view rather yelling at customers is what they are good at. rinnai shut down your bad product sales here .

Unhappy with Rinnai

Unhappy with RinnaiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Charge you to come and look for warranty - around $190 to look.

Before you consider anything from Rinnai remember that you may have to pay around $190 for them to come and assess if your warranty claim is valid. When most proper companies will come and quote for free. If you comment on their facebook about it they just delete it. I would keep away from them.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your response, we have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do NOT buy Rinnai

We have been waiting for our replacement hot water system for over 2 months now. I have called customer service multiple times with no reason as to why it’s taking so long.
Initially I was told by customer service that a week without hot water was acceptable. I have a young family and I’m now over 8 months pregnant. I have no idea how that is acceptable.
I made a complaint over the phone and was told that a manager would get back to me. They never did.
Our hot water system died within warranty. Is that why I’m being ignored because you’re not making any money out of this job rinnai?
This is disgusting treatment and I will make sure to tell everyone possible to never choose Rinnai.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Sam, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced and would like to look into this further for you. We have sent a private message to discuss further.

Got my fingers burnt!

My Brivis (now owned by Rinnai) gas central heating unit was coming up for its 2nd birthday, and according to the warranty, I had to get someone from Brivis/Rinnai to service it so that would extend the warranty period. I was quoted $285 for the service, which I thought was pretty expensive, but went ahead, as I thought the extended warranty would be good. I was not pleased when the man who did the service did the job in under 20 minutes! I was still charged $285, plus GST. Rinnai have not replied to my email, and Consumer Affairs have been useless. In future, I'll just get a local gas person to service it.

John D

John D

Don't buy their heaters

Bought a Rinai 25 gas heater at 1200 aud. Smells gas everywhere in my house when I use it and that happens right after the first minutes of usage. Became worst after the first week of usage. Don't buy any of their heaters.

Zero Customer Service - Zero Accountability

Don't buy anything Rinnai

brand new Hot Water System.
1st time installed - blowing fuses (did not run)
2nd time installed - leaking water from the bottom of the tank.
called for warranty, told nothing they could do unless the system is connected, but the electrician wont connect it while it is leaking?

Please don't buy Rinnai

David

DavidO'Connor 2602, ACT

Nearly a month with a broken heater (under warranty)

Cheryl

CherylGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Zero customer service

My gas ducted heating is faulty and still under warranty. I have spent up 45 minutes on hold only to be told I would be contacted by scheduling to book an appointment. That was two days ago, have not received a call. I called again only to be told the same thing- someone from scheduling will contact you. Worse customer service ever.

katet01

katet01gippsland

The worst customer service I have experienced

FlickB

FlickB

Customer service alone is a reason to avoid any rinnai products

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Flick B, we're sorry to hear about this and have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

D McC

D McCSydney, NSW

Bad Service Rinnai bought Brivas

motor failed took two weeks to get a booking with 1 hour on the phone to make the booking.
Contractor didn't show, rang back the next day and after an hour and 11 mins good a rude man who complained about my attitude for being missed! Grumpy men should not be allowed to answer calls.
Then they rang me back and put me through to the end contractor who said the call centre hadn't put us in the schedule for them the contractor to come out. Love the product but Rinnai you don't need secret

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi D McC, we're sorry to hear about this and have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

bob

bob

Poor replacement service

My original installer turned up immediately after the heater failed and it required replacement under warranty. They were not authorised to replace it and referred me to Rinnai. Countless phone calls and Emails resulted in a 7 week replacement time during which I had to purchase a new spare replacement(not Rinnai) which cost me nearly $3000- otherwise we would not have had any hot water for that period. Communication was poor and service terrible. It has turned me off any Rinnai products in future.

Poor service

Michaelasked

Bought a new split system heater...yup,faulty.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Michael, if the installing plumber has checked the installation has been completed correctly, we recommend booking a service call on 1300 555 545 or through the Rinnai Australia website:

Michael

Tried your number twice and asked for a return call twice...nothing WTH ? This product is installed,installed by highly qualified and experienced guys who have met the strict requirements of the government..it doesn’t work and you have been so slack with your return call.Just how poor are your products if you aren’t returning my calls ?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for getting back to us Michael, we are sorry to hear you have had issues getting through to our 1st Care department. You can book online at

or if you would prefer, you can send us your contact details via private message and we will arrange for someone to call you back

Sohigirl

Sohigirlasked

Why do you not honour warranties?

cj7hawk
cj7hawk

I'd like to know this also... Tech came out for a warranty repair, refused to even look at the units any further than searching with a flashlight for dust inside the unit, claimed this need cleaning, and he wouldn't work on it while it was dusty, but that the motor and motor controller were faulty and needed replacement under warranty. Then a few days later they called me demanding payment over the phone. I said send out an invoice once the work is complete if it's not covered. They said they don't do invoices, and that the work was complete and no fault was found. The guy spends 3 minutes playing with the remote and taking pictures of dust and leaves, and they feel that's a $299 service! I point out that in the few minutes they looked, it wasn't possible to diagnose a fault and they didn't actually even look for the fault aside from noting that the fan wasn't working properly themselves, and they said that if the technician said it was dusty ( inside where it can't be cleaned ) then that was all they had to do. BAD COMPANY, CAVEAT EMPTOR, Don't expect them to fulfill their obligations under warranty unless you're willing to take them to court. Oh why? I did ask two different airconditioning companies that question, as well as the Good Guys - Why don't Rinnai honor warranties. They all had the same answer. "Because they are B*stards"... Actually, one used the C-Word and the Good Guys who sold it to us apologized for selling a Rinnai and then said they weren't permitted to use the kind of expletives necessary to describe the company when talking to customers.

Jim

Jimasked

where can I purchase Rinni blocks of heat beads?
Jim Silva [contact number remived]

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Jim, Rinnai Australia do not manufacture heat beads.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

CategoryHome Care Shops