Rinnai Infinity 20

Bob

Bobasked

I have water dripping from my rinnai 20 heater what can I do please

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Bob, if the water is coming directly from the unit and not the connections leading to it, there may be an issue with the heat exchanger. We would recommend booking a service call to have the unit assessed. In the meantime, if you can, isolate the water supply to the unit to prevent further damage,

CMF

CMFasked

Infinity 20

Hi, I am going away for 1 month. Will hot water unit be ok if I turn off water mains but leave electricity and gas on.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question CMF, turning off the water to the unit will be fine as long as the power to the unit is still operational so the frost protection to the unit will still work.

Jennie S.

Jennie S.asked

Infinity 20

How to light pilot lifht

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Jennie S, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3.

Dally Sam R.asked

Infinity 20

I've lost hot water. Everything working fine. Gas, power, water. Just no hot water. We had a power outage and since powers been back on the hot water hasn't worked.

Dally Sam R.

It doesn't have a digital screen or anything. Just the box.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Dally Sam R. Please contact our 1st care customer service on 1300 555 545 option 2 for further assistance.

Rinnai Australia.

John Nasked

Infinity 20

Our Infinity 20 is 17 years old and works perfectly. But recently it has started making small explosive (popping) noises. They occur when the unit is not being used . Any idea what's causing that?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question John N. Please contact our Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for further assistance.

mechanic
mechanic

john it is a great water heater, but like every thing else when it is getting old it may need a check up, a visit buy a rinnai teck. prob. would be a good idea. mechanic.

John N

Thanks. Yes tech has been. Seems it could be leaking.

Eric M.

Eric M.asked

Infinity 20

Got no hot water when turn tap on. With tap on turn water isolating valve off then on, boiler clicks and works again. What could be the problem?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your question Eric M. In order for Rinnai to assist you further with your enquiry, please contact our free Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Rory

Roryasked

Infinity 20

HI there, just wondering if a slight gas smell upon each start up is common with a B20 model? The smell ceases during operation.
Rory

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Rory. The gas does enter the Infinity after the sparker is going, combustion should start almost instantly. There is likely to be a miniscule amount of unburnt gas able to be detected in the flue, just prior to combustion…hence the smell.

Paula

Paulaasked

Infinity 20

Just had a Rinnai B20 installed. The water comes out cold then goes hot and then continues the cold/hot cycle. Any idea what the problem is?

Concerned

Concernedasked

Infinity 20

I have a two-storey house with one bathroom and a kitchenette downstairs; an ensuite, bathroom & main kitchen upstairs (so the main taps used are upstairs). I recently had to have my hot water system replaced & the tradesman installed a Rinnai B20. Is this unit sufficient for the needs of my household? I have also noticed that the hot water takes a long time to get hot & doesn't get very hot in the upstairs kitchen where i need it hot. Again, will this unit be sufficient and can i get the temperature increased so that it is hot upstairs?

Donaldo
Donaldo

Ask your plumber

Trudy
Trudy

Have a friend that has two , one for each floor.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Concerned, there are a few more details required to answer your question as it will depend on what model of unit the plumber has installed. We would recommend contacting our technical help desk to discuss further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Michael d

Michael dasked

Infinity 20

I have been in my home for two years and it has a Rinnai 20 infinity hot water system! The home is an old home with a new Rene out the back! The unit looks like the older model! Tonight I can't get any hot water! It has been fantastic up until now! I went outside and there is water dripping outside of the unit, DOES THIS MEAN I NEED A NEW UNIT?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Michael, it is hard to diagnose the issue with the unit without inspection. We would recommend calling out technical help desk on 1300 555 545 with the model and serial number of the unit. You can find this information on the left hand side of the unit on a data plate. The help desk can advise if the unit has any warranty left.

Sweetjusticeasked

Infinity 20

Is there any way to turn on the B20 with no electricity?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Sweetjustice, the B20 cannot be run without power.

Rita

Ritaasked

Infinity 20

There's a high pitch ringing noise coming from the solar panels above our roof but we can hear it clearly from inside Do you know what's causing it? It is continuous

Page

Pageasked

Infinity 20

My Rinnai Infinity 20 kept tripping our power and now won’t turn on. There was originally power still going to the first few fuses before the sealed box before it totally stopped working. Is this something that can be fixed as we love the unit?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Page. It's hard to confirm without inspecting the unit to see what has caused the issue. It may be just the fuses or something more in depth. We do hold a huge stock of replacement parts for these units so we would recommend booking a service call and having a technician take a look for you. Our service team are available on 1300 555 545.

Moni

Moniasked

Infinity 20

Have a r1200 about 10 years old. It has been working fine then a few days ago it started sometimes not producing hot water. Water comes out but stays cold. If I turn on shower or bath tap a good amount (get a good flow of water) it produces hot water. If I turn on a tap only a small amount it doesnt get hot. When I say small amount I mean an amount that would have produced hot water before started having this issue. Have checked inlet water filter, was clean. Have removed water outlet pipe to check water flows out ok, which it does. Have removed igniter probes and cleaned them. Also moved them a bit closer together. When hot water is turned on you can always hear the igniter sparking and the fan always runs. If it is not going to work it will start momentarily ( for about 2 seconds) then igniter stops and fan stops running. Also what is the valve looking thing that screws into the hot water outlet fitting? I also removed and looked at that thinking it was a filter.
Dave

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Moni, if all the filters have been cleaned the unit may need a service call to diagnose the issue. The unit does require a certain amount of water flow in order for the unit to work. Sometimes a build up on the taps or shower heads can also restrict the flow of water coming through the outlet.

Paul and Lee

Paul and Leeasked

Hi,

Can you advise the difference between the Infinity INF20N60M and INF20N50M, please.

Looking at the specs, the INF20N50M is tagged with a 24.00 L water tank capacity and the INF20N60M is tagged with a 20100 L water tank capacity. Other than that, I cant identify and difference, other than price, with the INF20N50M being slightly more expensive. Having noted that, I was under the impression that water tanks were not required for the Infinity range??

Also, as my house was built in 1978, can you also advise if I will require a pipe upgrade and if so, what is involved with what sounds like an extensive requirement.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Paul and Lee. The INFINITY unit does not require a tank for operation as the hot water is not stored in the unit. Rather when a tap is opened the unit starts and the hot water is produced on demand. When the tap is turned off the unit stops operation. The capacity mentioned is the amount of water the unit can produce at a 25 degree rise.

The only difference between the 2 models you have mentioned is the maximum temperature the unit can achieve. INF20N50M is a 50 degree limited unit which complies to the regulation for hot water delivery to bathroom areas. INF20N60M is a 60 degree limited unit, this unit may require a tempering valve to the outlets in the bathroom areas. Your installing plumber can advise if this will be require for your property.

Unfortunately we cannot advise if a pipe upgrade will be required as it will depend on the area and the other gas appliances at the property. Your installing plumber will be able to advise if this upgrade is needed. Depending on the model of INFINITY the pipework may need to be replaced with a wider pipe to allow more gas to the appliance. It is very important that the gas supply to the unit is sufficient and takes into consideration all appliances that may be running at the same time. If the gas flow to the unit is insufficient it will lead to problems with the supply of hot water.

All our specifications for our units are available on our website, www.rinnai.com.au and we also offer a free technical help line which can offer advise on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Mick

Mickasked

Infinity 20

I have a Rennai B20 hot water system. When the hot water tap is turned on the pressure is good but after about a minute the pressure drops and therefore the temperature too. This issue has been going on for a ear or more. Only one tap is on at the time. Why is this?

Sweetjustice

They won't work if there's low water pressure. No fix for it.

Chelleasked

Infinity 20

Hi. I have had the rinnai installed a month ago. Today I just had a gas bottle replaced. Now the system isn't working. Is there something I need to do to get it working again?

joda5084
joda5084

It sounds like you might have air in the system, the only way I can think to remedy this is to try to start the heater a dozen times to bleed the air out. If this doesn't work don't hesitate to contact your supplier and or fitter.

Chelle

I decided to call the plumber who installed the system this morning. He says he has never seen anything like this happen before. For some reason it is refusing to light. He has contacted his Rep that he got the system from. Still no luck.
Unfortunately I am still without hot water.

Thien Le

Thien Leasked

Hi
My name's Thien. I have a Rinnai 20 for 5 years with no problems. I started to suffer the inconsistency of hot water from year 6. When i have so hot water, I turn the mixer to neutral. The water becomes cold and I turn back to hot again. This time it takes about 2 to 3 minutes to get hot water again. Is there anyway to control hot water flow as we want and no need to wait for 2 to 3 minutes as mentioned above?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Thien. There are a few things that can cause the symptoms you are describing.. The hot water unit requires good flow in order to operate correctly, sometimes by introducing too much cold water to the mix there is not enough flow through the unit so it stops. By turning the mixer from neutral to hot again, the unit will restart.

Given the age of the unit there are a few things you can try at home to increase the flow again. Cleaning the filters on the hot water unit and removing any calcium build up on the shower roses can stop restrictions to the flow.

Alternatively you can add a temperature controller to the unit so you can choose exactly the temperature you wish to come out at the shower. Using the controller means only turning on the hot water tap without needing to add in cold water.

If you would like more information we have a technical help desk that can discuss this matter with you. They are available on 1300 555 545 Monday to Friday.

Leoni

Leoniasked

Infinity 20

My name is Mal I have a ranni 20 and only seem to work using a large gas bottle if I put a 9lk bottle the water is only warm ?? Do I have a game block

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Mal, the Infinity unit may switch on using the smaller gas bottle but it is not enough to run to unit correctly. Our technical help line can provide advice regarding the minimum requirements through our contact centre on 1300 555 545.

She

Sheasked

Infinity 20

If location loses electricity for a while, does the Rinnai B20 continue to operate. i.e. is electricity required only to start the unit, or must the supply be constant?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question She, the unit does require continuous power and gas in order to operate.

See all Rinnai Infinity Range questions

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives