Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro

Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro Questions & Answers

14 questions from our users

Ashasked

if I buy the enviro 26 can I then expand / add a rinnai solar system when I can afford to do so?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Ash. The Enviro 26 is not adaptable for solar requirements as this unit will only reach a maximum temperature of 60 degrees and solar systems requires temperature range of 70 degrees. We recommend purchasing a Solar booster S26, which is specifically manufactured for solar connection and compatability. This unit can be added to when required.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Ash

so will the s 26 work independently / can i add the solar components later?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Ash. Yes, that is correct, the S26 will work independently until such time you wish to connect to solar collectors.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Andrew

Andrewasked

Hi,
We have a rinnai infinity 26 (not exactly sure which model). I have no idea why but every time it rains the unit will not run. It starts, runs for 10-15 secs , clicks and clunks then switches off. There is no issue with the power source ,as been checked, and no rain water leaks as it has a rain cover over it and no evidence of water leaking in etc. Please advise, very frustrating

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Andrew. If the gas supply is reticulated as in mains supply, I would suggest having the gas meter and regulator checked, for the possibility of rain water entering the bleed vent on the regulator and reducing the gas supply when heater is operating.

This can also happen on gas bottle installations if the water enters the two stage regulator at the bottles.

Melasked

Hi, We had an Infinity 26 Enviro installed four days ago. The first day everything worked just great. Since then, the water runs cold after 30 - 60 seconds continuous operation (trying to have a shower). If the hot tap is turned off, then back on, it is all good for the next minute or less. This process is very annoying to say the least, especially when I paid over and above for highly recommended equipment. Any answers to solve this problem?

Trevor
Trevor

Hi Mel, i can only presume it is low water flow, we ended up getting a temperature controller so when we have a shower we drop the temp to 45 so no cold is needed and then back to 55 to wash dishes, if we go to 60 the hot water system starts playing up

Trudy
Trudy

Not sure how you are running it. We have a Rinnai 26 plus unit. Put it on the temperature we want .For me 41 degrees, no cold water and it works fine. Stays hot for the shower.

Mel

Hi all, a quick update.... I spoke to the Rinnai help desk guy and he was great. Problem solved. The issue was that the black cap which covers the condensate drainage point had been left on after installation. Consequently, the unit will cut out when the drain backs up to a certain point. So I removed the cap as directed and instantly the issue is solved. Thanks Mr Rinnai...

Pepino

Pepinoasked

I live in Melbourne, should I install a 50 or 60 degree unit. 26B unit?

Karen
Karen

We live in Melbourne and have installed a B26. We love it. It’s easy enough to adjust the water temperature. We adjusted ours a couple of times until we were happy with it.

Spiesw

Spieswasked

Hi,

We had an enviro 26 installed just a week ago. The water runs cold after a few minutes. Once we close the tap and open it again it runs warm for a few minutes This process have to repeated numerous times to fill a bath. Any answers to solve this problem?

Werner

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for question Spiesw, there are a number of things that could cause the issues you are facing. We would recommend speaking to one of our specialists in our Technical Help Desk on 1300 555 545, who may be able to help.

Tony

Tonyasked

The power went out and now theres no hot water. It says c1 which is surge protector. How do i fix this?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Tony. If there has been a power surge to the unit you will need to book a service call to diagnose any damage to the unit. Our 1st care team can be reached on 1300 555 545.

Bec

Becasked

Hi, I have just had the Infinity 26 Enviro installed for about a week. I notice that whenever someone is having a shower, water will run out of a pipe on the outdoor unit & wet the area directly under the system. I am just wondering if this is a drain pipe or there is a problem there.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Bec, it is normal to have a small amount of water coming from the Enviro models of Infinity units. The installing plumber should have connected a drain from the unit so the discharge does not become a problem.

If you are concerned you can send a photo to our technical team and they can discuss it with you. The email address is enquiry@rinnai.com.au

stokmankate

stokmankateasked

Hi, we've had our system for just over two years. In the last week it has been playing up - the water runs cold after a couple of minutes. It comes back on after the tap is turned off and back on again. What could be causing this?

Kate

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Good Morning, Thank you for your enquiry. We will need further information before we can answer your question. Can you please contact our 1stcare Customer Service Team on 1300 555 545 and choose option 2 then option 1 for our Service Team who will be able to assist you

Kelvin Richardson

Kelvin Richardsonasked

I live in Port Kennedy W.A. and want to know if we have enough gas pressure for a Rinnai?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Good afternoon Kelvin, unfortunately we cannot give you a definite answer to your question as each individual property can differ, even street to street. The best idea is to have a licensed gas plumber attend to test your property and consult with tech team with Rinnai as to the correct pressures required. They can be reached on 1300 555 545, your plumber can call and speak to the team between 8.00-5.30 Monday to Friday.

bazza

bazzaasked

Does this unit require servicing ? As my water sometimes run cold ! It's approx 10 years old .

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your question bazza. There can be many reasons for the symptoms you are describing. We have a technical help line that may be able to trouble shoot the issues you are facing. They can be reached on 1300 555 545, you can also book a service call through the same number.

Ms.Houston

Ms.Houstonasked

We are in sydney, and have a 3 yr old rinnai continuous hot water flow system installed outdoor in the backyard for our 2 storey house. For the past 7 months, whenever it rains the system stops producing hot water. Does anyone have the same problem, is the system faulty?

jackster

Seems very strange. We've had no problems so far, but only have single storey house. Our unit is attached to external wall close to dining area. The rain must be interfering with your ignition or something. Probably should get an electrician to have a look at it. Good luck

rayn
rayn

Yes! Same problem here. Sometimes the hot tap Is just lukewarm. I didn't link it to the rain but it seems like a common factor. Very frustrating. Only had it for 11 months.

TerjeP
TerjeP

I don't know the answer but it could be rain water getting into the gas line and obstructing the gas flow. It can apparently happen with old pipes. It could be your pipes or the pipes belonging to the utility.

rodney

rodneyasked

My rinnai 26 stops working when its windy and raining. Is there a reason for this?

jackster

You should ask the manufacturer. Ours is installed in a fairly windy corner but we don't have that problem. If there's a pilot light maybe it's getting blown out? Sorry can't help.

Craig Carterasked

Why doesn't Rinnai make a version of the 26 Enviro with a temp setting of 50C to avoid the expense of installing a tempering valve?

nrich77
nrich77

I was just recommended this system by a plumber and when he mentioned that it's set at 50C my first question was..'can i turn it up?'. So that's probably the reason...consumers generally want a hotter temp.

Craig Carter

Rinnai should supply 26 Enviro units that have a 50C upper limit for those states that otherwise would require an external tempering valve to be fitted to prevent the water temperature from exceeding 50C and an alternative unit with a current preset temp of 60C.

Breamo
Breamo

My plumber has no problem installing our Rinnai Enviro in Sydney for us. So maybe search for one that would for you. Even the online retailer warn us before hand, but our plumber just said no problem. If you are concerned about young children getting burned without tempering valve, I would suggest that you install temp controller.

ducky48

ducky48asked

How do i claim the rebate on the infinity 26?And how much will it be?

jackster

We received $672 government rebate because we changed from electric off peak water heater (I believe the rebates are different depending on what system you're replacing). This was in September 2011, so not sure if the rebates are still the same. The company who installed our Infinity took the rebate off their bill as they were going to claim on our behalf, so we actually didn't have to claim it ourselves. However if you search the internet I'm sure you can download a form from a government website.

See all Rinnai Infinity Range questions

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives