Riot Art & Craft

Riot Art & Craft

Bec

BecPerth, WA

Corrupt and greedy

This company is so devoid of any kind of ethics and morality. The store went into “liquidation” sacking 300 staff via text, completely neglecting their obligation to pay staff for their last 2 weeks of work as well as not paying out accrued leave. I could not support a company that plunges people into Complete insecurity in an already difficult year for so many.

Erica V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Spent thousands and got messed around badly

I had spent masses of money, they sent faulty product, then replaced to wrong address and were so rude about it I will never buy from them again. The watercolour paper is very poor quality from their own Paper Mill Brand. I spend 6 weeks following up on this travesty, including them comfirming address which they did not actually do and sent some good to different address than main deliveries. When I finally got onto someone they were so rude I vowed never to purchase from again.

NadineSydney, NSW

Review for the company

This review is for the company... what are you doing? The Hornsby store was so stocked and now all the stock has been sent back to the warehouse? I feel for the staff in these shops as the levels of stock are so painfully inconsistent and they continually loose sales and have to apologise constantly for the management of the company. Please please please bring back more stability for these staff members especially during covid times when ever single person is wanting craft things to do. The customers are so tired of this (not a one off). I now don’t even bother entering as I can see just by walking past it looks like it’s closing down. Please please sort this out you guys have a great range and we want to buy stuff.

barryh228

barryh228Victoria

Don't buy online

Placed order and paid for express post. Now 9 days later and no advice regarding when I might receive my order. They seem to believe that once they mail an order (if they have) they no longer need to care about it.

Beautiful Bedding

Beautiful BeddingPerth, WA

Cannington WA staff

Excellent service. The staff are full of knowledge and very helpful. I run workshops & refer all my students as I know they'll be looked after. The only disappointment is that as there are so many regular sales the shelves are often empty.

Hedge

HedgeCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Unprofessional and range isn’t as good

Came in to see that they’ve reduced their range, not surprising at all due to covid 19 but products are overpriced and not great in quality. Main issue with my experience there this week was that I overheard who I believe is the store manager asking his young female coworker odd questions regarding her personal life.. unprofessional. Feel sorry for her that she probably has to endure hours of this I’m sure she was uncomfortable. Conversation towards her seemed nearly borderline sexual harassment at times. Specifically I was a bit jaw dropped when he asked her if she does lunges/squats, already on top of the personal life questions. insane. She deserves a safe and focused professional working environment.

Happystaffy

HappystaffySouth East Queensland, QLD

don't buy online

Placed order at 830am for same day dispatch.
Contact phone number disconnected.
Automatic "covid made this difficult" answer to if order was dispatched or not.
Still waiting to hear about cancellation and refund.

Horrible stock

So basically no stock at all. Doesnt even have black oil paint... or A2 sized cartridge paper. Such simple things. and if they are going to not have certain stock they shouldnt say it is available so someone doesnt wait an hour for the store to open then have it not be there. Super disappointed. This has ruined the store for me. The last straw. It is only down the road from me, the closest art store to me, and i am an art uni student so i buy a lot of supplies, now i am just going to travel further because that store is ridiculous

Ian

IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic service, Great prices and products, really fast online shipping!

Margaret Macinante

Margaret MacinanteIllawarra, NSW

Don't close the Wollongong store

Please don't close the store in Wollongong, it's the only place around the gong to get descent art supplies & at the prices you offer.
The staff are professional, pleasant & go to no end to serve you. Unfortunately in these times no one knows what is in the future but please return the store ASAP .

Grace

GraceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Non Existant Customer Service

Trish Ryan

Trish RyanHunter Region, NSW

Paper Mill powdered Pigment

I bought six bottles of the 21grams pearl powder pigment on line.Whilst the product is ok I am very disappointed that some of the bottles appear to be half full. It is this a way for paper mill to save because it tends to turn me off the product.

lisa

lisaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Paper Mill Watercolour paper.

I asked for large watercolour sheets. The lass handed me a sealed packet of 4 from The Paper Mill. I asked, is this good quality. Oh yes, she said. It was $25. Not expensive and I was a bit apprehensive but expected the staff would know their product. Terrible product. Suitable for children only. However, I can take it back and get is exchanged for the better product, but a 60K and two hour round trip is not what I wanted to have to do.

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Price labelling is deceitful

I recently visited the Indooroopilly store and I have to say I was very disappointed with the way this company words their pricing labels. It is the most deceitful labelling I have ever seen. Telling you that it is one price but when you get to the counter it was a member only price. Thinking I was going to spend $2 I was charged $5! I will not be visiting your store or any other Riot store again!

Rosie Tan

Rosie Tan

Riot Art and Craft- best deals ever

I am so happy that i have discovered this store since I took up painting. There is always a sale on and specials for members.
Staff are also very friendly and do not hesitate to give useful advice.
Thank you to all staff. Wishing you all a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

Belle

BelleSydney, NSW

Riot Art and Craft Burwood is great

Staff at Riot Art and Craft Burwood are great and very helpful. I bought craft for my two sons and got good suggestions about products. Nice to see friendly, knowledgeable service. Thanks!

Maggie

MaggieSouth East Queensland, QLD

My favourite shop at Carindale Shopping Centre is Riot and Art

Most of the staff I have encountered have been friendly and helpful. I did complain a couple of years ago about the lack of canvasses (which were advertised but not in the shop) and received an email from Head Office asking me which ones and how many I wanted. They sent them to the store with my name on them and phoned me to let me know they had arrived. Very happy with that !

Karen S.

Karen S.

No Idea Robina Store.

I too entered this store asking for advice. The staff are clearly not artists, they seem to have no product knowledge at all. Please do not tell me rubbish. I am a artist. I think it is more geared towards children's craft. Also, the first rule of retail is to always have stock on the shelves for the customer to buy regardless of sales or promotions. I entered this store twice and the shelves were empty. My husband was under the impression the store was closing down. If you are serious about art I recommend Musgrave Art. Fantastic service and product knowledge.

lee

leeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome store for all your art supplies

An art and craft lovers dream place, went into TTP and they had everything i needed, all reasonably priced and staff helpful with any questions I had. The shop had lots of different brands to choose from and an awesome pre packed section of arts and crafts to make with kids!! Amazing place ill certainly be heading back for more supplies and passing the word around to others.

Peta

PetaSouthwest, VIC

Highly recommend Geelong Market Square Store.

I have been purchasing art supplies at Riot Art from the time they opened in the Westfield Shopping Plaza and followed them over to their current location at the Geelong Market Square. I have always found the staff to be friendly and knowledgeable and genuinely interested in their customers. They offer a great range of craft supplies, hobby level art supplies as well as some respected brands of professional fine art supplies.

Kristine T.

Kristine T.asked

Where have all the recent reviews gone?

Nadine

The Hornsby store is shut down now. So I’m thinking they have taken them all down? Not sure hey.

Nycki M.
Nycki M.

Mine was published, then suddenly it was rejected. I don't know what's going on...

Ziggy51978
Ziggy51978

Company has gone into liquidation!! Staff only notified on 19/10 Monday night by text or email have not been paid fortnightly wage or any intitlements

Jhbasked

I had placed an order and never got a confirmation email for it only the afterpay email. I’ve been emailing and nobody is getting back to me about it which is frustrating. I have paid for it as well. Also last order was missing stuff !

Erica V.

Yes they really lack in this area.they recently offered me a refund on some items and have not got back to me when I had a problem it took me 6 weeks to get resolution and around 7 phone calls.they stop sending emails quite a while before I stop buying from them and I got so frustrated I will not spend any more money with them.if it's been a few days and you haven't had a postage confirmation from Australia Post ID cancel it

Jhb

Omg!! Apparently they just emailed me saying that’s strange they’ll do a search and see what’s happened . How annoying! And thank you yes I’ll be asking for a refund

Jhb

Erica you’d think for a big popular store they’d be more into it hey

Trish Ryan

Trish Ryanasked

#361928858 this my ref for my order. I purchased on line.In that order was 6 bottles of Pap Mill powdered pigment. The amount of powdered pigment in each bottle is different either 1/2 full on 3/4 Why

Regards Trish Ryan