RoaD-eye Dash Cams Questions & Answers

RE350 - The Stealth, RE150
Brand Manager for RoaD-eye Dash Cams? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

20 questions from our users

Steve B.
Steve B.asked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

Does the road i 250 have night vision. Also is it easy to take out.

Micasked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

Why is Dash cam not recording while driving but work on parking mode?

John

Hi,Mic. My answer is simple: nothing about this unit works properly. One of my greatest regrets is being talked into getting it installed in my new car early this year. When I brought up the issue with the car dealer they stonewalled, saying it was not their product, etc, etc.

Mic

Thank you so much John for your reply.
I am also very dissapointed with with this dash cam.
I spent $1000 for the dash cam including installed.
Cheers Mic.

Puzzled
Puzzledasked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

How do I save the changes made to my settings, I want the parking mode off, as it drains my battery, have changed the voltage to 12, that also keeps reverting back

John

Sorry, Puzzled I can't give a more technical answer, but I resorted to pulling the power cable out of the camera after my battery was flat during lockdown. No problem since.

Jackie
Jackieasked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

I changed the pin and have Forgotten it how do I reset pin on device

lobsang t.
lobsang t.asked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

How can change passwords?

John

The default password is: 12345678, at least for the RE250. The idea is you change it after purchace.

John Z.
John Z.asked

Why does my RE250 dash Cam keep being

Narelle C.
Narelle C.asked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

my road eye re 350, the front camera is not showing anything, it says it recording and the blue light is on.
i have reset it but that hasn't helped. any ideas would be appreciated.
cheers Narelle

Ioannis V.
Ioannis V.asked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

RE-350 was working but now I can't connect with my app it says weak signal can someone help me please thank you

Grissy
Grissy

Hi did you end up solving the issue? I have the same problem thanks

Leo
Leoasked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

how can i reset the pin for re-350 camera. I pressed the reset button and it restarted. when i put in the initially pin 12345678, it did not work.

Melanie N.asked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

Does anyone know if this roadeye re350 camera drains your car battery, we had a battery check and we think it might be the camera has anyone else had this happen?

Steve R

It does, connect via the app and check the settings. When installed it is always in the default of the lowest cut-off voltage. Which if I recall is 11.3 volts. What this means if the camera has been activated in park mode, it won't shut off till the source battery voltage reaches that level. Best idea is to set the cut off voltage to the highest level, 12.5volts and set the the run time for recording in park mode to also the lowest value. 6 hours I believe. Also raise the impact value. As just closing a car door can turn the system on to record in park. The other thing t do is get an on/off switch fitted. So you can over ride the system at times when you don't want it to work at all. This was my biggest beef about the system. I have to turn it off when I enter my workplace. I was told that you should have asked for that function.

Melanie N.

Thank you very much steve, we are going back to the dealership we got it from when purchasing the car,I'll ask of they can fit it for us.

Tracy O
Tracy Oasked
RoaD-eye RE350 - The Stealth

I just purchased a second hand car with the Road-eye RE350 installed. Every time I start the car it asks me to insert an SD card. Where do I do this? I don't know where the black box is...

Steve R

Depending on who installed it, could be anywhere, but get someone to pull the quarter panel trim out in the front passenger footwell. That is where mine is installed. You will need a microSD card to install, 32GB is the recommended size. The supplier of my unit recommended a High Endurance SD Card but also warned me that the card may want replacing every 2years.

Amanda G.
Amanda G.asked
RoaD-eye RE350 - The Stealth

Ive never had a problem with my road-eye RE350 till I changed the battery in my car, now the blue light constantly flashes non-stop does anyone know how I can fix this?

Colin McKenzie

Hi Amanda - sorry I can’t help with your problem. I don’t work for RoadEye - I was a consumer just like you. I did find their customer service reps (in Australia) very helpful so I would try them.

Trish H.
Trish H.

I Colin, where can I find the customer service contact info? I have googled everything and cant find any help for Road Eye. thanks

john1955okay
john1955okayasked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

Where can I download a PDF User manual for the Road-Eye RE350 The Stealth. Please help.

Pauline H.
Pauline H.asked
RoaD-eye RE350 - The Stealth

Hi I can’t for the life of me connect to my road eye re 350. The wifi will connect to my phone but the app will not connect to the cameras in the car and I have googled and tried everything can anyone please help? I need to do like the initial connection if you know what I mean cheers

Maureen B.
Maureen B.asked
RoaD-eye RE150

Where to buy a mounting bracket

Maureen B.
Maureen B.asked
RoaD-eye RE150

Where can I buy a new mounting bracket, the one it came with has broken

Chris
Chrisasked
RoaD-eye Dash Cams

How do i find out where my road-eye is installed on my car?
If ever I am involved in an accident, my understanding is that police may need the flash card as evidence (rather then downloads to my phone) I would like to at least know where to fint it.

Phillip L.asked
RoaD-eye RE350 - The Stealth

My front camera on the RE350 is recording back to front/mirror image. That is images recording on the left of the screen are actually on the right and vice versa. Looks like I am driving in the USA, when i am in NZ. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Struggling to get response with Aus-Audio in Australia. Thanks

Colin McKenzie

Hi Phillip - my RE250 does the same but on the back camera. My front camera is OK. I can get the rear camera facing the right way through the iPhone Roadeye app. There are four buttons at the bottom of the screen - one looks like a microphone, the next one has two arrows, the next one has what looks like a B back to front. If you click the B button it flips the image the right way around. Hope this helps.

Phillip L.

Thanks Colin, will give that a go.

Rita G.
Rita G.asked
RoaD-eye RE350 - The Stealth

Should the camera blue light come on when parked if the vehicle is shaken

Hi Rita,

I have the Roadeye 250 and wouldn’t be able answer your question. I have found the customer support staff at aus-audio.com.au very helpful and I’m sure they be very happy to answer your question.

Regards ... Colin

senator_estateasked
RoaD-eye RE350 - The Stealth

Hi all, a couple of the reviews here are relating to the 150 but for the ones relating to the 350 units I see a mixed bag of comments. I have been offered the supply and fit of the roadeye RE-350 in our newly purchased vehicle at a cost of $1090, (down from $1600), interested what others have paid. As I see you can pick these units up from various resalers with the 3 year warranty for under $500, It's been suggested around 2 hours fitment so thinking the dealer is making a nice size profit out of a unit that may not be the best choice. Out of interest, I have had several other installed dashcams around the $300 mark and these have been very unreliable which obviously isn't what one is looking for in a dashcam. Interested if any of the Thinkware/Blackvue/Lukas or DOD units are as reliable as what people are letting on? Peoples thoughts!
Cheers
Mike

Fran
Fran

We had trouble with our at first took it back they fixed the problem and it’s been fantastic every since....

senator_estate

Thanks Fran, I'm guessing yours is the RE350? If you'd prefer not to say how much your unit/install was would you say I'm being asked too much for the supply and install of this unit or would you consider it a fair price.
Cheers

Darryl M.
Darryl M.

Mazda charged me $950 for the 350 . Installed just 2 weeks back and still experiencing problems. Next week is crunch time for Road eye to fix the issues, if not it's back to Mazda for a full refund.

Other Dash Cams