Roadways Removals

Roadways Removals

See the Best Furniture Removalists in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terrible Experience.

Be Clear-Roadways Removals subcontracts other "removalists" to transport your valuable belongings. I advised that the items I was moving were extremely important to me as they were from my recently deceased mum. My Grandmothers Antique desk destroyed. Shelves have snapped off in the process and screwed on other parts completely come off. The box was almost new-and clearly mark "VERY FRAGILE" and arrived filthy and with many holes and damage to it. And they just replied with "these things happen".
You Decide!

Sydney to Russell Island, QLD

The team showed up the night before, started at 6am sharp, was very professional and took care of all of our valuables (music equipment, glass, vintage furniture). They filled a 10 tonne truck and made it to the island ON time, unloaded and assisted to put things where they were needed. They even helped assemble a few things while they had time. I have had loads of bad experiences with movers in the past but this experience was amazing and stress free. I would 100% use them again and be a reference at anytime for anyone considering to use Roadways!

Excellent service at a great price

We moved our three bedroom home from Sydney to the central west of NSW.
The price was great and the movers were friendly, helpful and very good at what they do.
I highly recommend this company!

Amazing company!!!!

Im so glad i chose roadways removals i did a huge move from gladstone to gold coast by myself and kids they wrapped all my new furniture so carefully and took great care putting it all in the truck as i watched them do it all then delivered the same day and placed every item in its correct room . I was scared at first as it was one of my cheaper quotes but i honestly couldnt reccommend this company enough you wont be dissapointed.

Professional and Helpful Throughout.

I required some items to be moved from Brisbane to a country NSW Town and Roadways Removals were spot on. I received quotes from several different companies and they were the most competitive by far and although the number of items that required moving changed several times, they were only too happy to accommodate the changes. Due to work commitments, I was unable to be present during the move however my wife stated that the guys were very helpful and very polite (as they were at point of drop off as well) and I am extremely grateful for their assistance and the team at Roadways for making it a hassle free experience. I would highly recommend them and wouldn't hesitate to utilize their services again in the future. Much appreciated.

Happy with all Elements

I relocated from Brisbane to Melbourne. Roadways Removals were one of the only companies who took the time to answer all of my questions and provide assurance my goods would be collected and delivered as scheduled, without damage or loss. They didn't hound me for business, and absolutely nothing was a fuss- very positive and friendly experience needed in this stressful time. They also considered the best price- matching based on what I was actually moving.
A2B Movers completed the relocation. The guys were on time, extremely friendly, helpful in assisting to place all of my belongings as directed, and even helped re-build my furniture. Very easy to communicate with throughout the whole transit process. Nothing was damaged- in fact they wrapped everything in their own blankets for transportation and delivery. They were aware of all of my belongings.
I would have no hesitations in recommending Roadways Removals or A2B Movers.

Exemplary & Personable Service

Contrary to the experiences of those mentioned in previous posts, I was fortunate enough to have experienced a positive outcome, using Roadways Removals. The booking, scheduling, collection and delivery process was fluid, efficient and professional, but most importantly, honest and transparent. None of my items (particularly high value ones) were damaged, and the brokerage and removalist personnel went the extra mile, were helpful, humorous, friendly, punctual and careful, and they paid particular attention to my needs and specific requests! 

Our interstate move from QLD to VIC required relocating a 4-bedroom single-storey home, into a two-storey, 4-bedroom home, so naturally, we were always going to be apprehensive about the safety of our personal effects, especially having regard to the inherent logistical enormity and complexity associated with an interstate move for a family, with five very young children.

Anyhow, I’m confident these companies will do well with their future directions, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone, and I would certainly use them again. Thanks again guys. 

Do not deal with this removalist broker - find a direct booking instead

I booked with this moving brokerage company for an interstate more than 5 weeks in advance and paid a deposit, and confirmed a pick up date. On the day, the subcontractor simply didn't show up and didn't tell me until after 5pm, and had 'no space' for my load, until a week later. I had to book a different company directly in less than 24 hours myself, then request a refund from Roadways. The company couldn't find me an alternative themselves in the the time before my lease ended, and they retained 25% of the deposit for an 'administrative fee' after failing to provide a service. Look elsewhere.

Did not show up!!

The first experience with roadway removals was a removal from Brisbane to Wollongong, they didn't turn up the day we booked then we were expected to meet them the week after when we had already moved. Just a complete stressful mess and the drivers were rude!!
The second experience we $950 to have a pool table moved from wagga to Wollongong and they scheduled 3 different times to pick up the table (two with a no show, third no room in the truck) the person on the pickup end had loss of wages for 3 seperate days as there was no contact or communication. We ended up having to cancel and book with another company, we were told that 25% of the payment would be taken because of policy, although policy states if we cancel within 5 days of pickup we lose 25% (this was 10 days after first scheduled pick up) I wrote a very threatening email and im apparently getting fully refunded now, but we will see how much goes back into my account. Gave them two chances and both times they were so quick to take your money but terrible and very unreliable service!!

Roadways Removals is a disgust!

Roadways Removals what a disgust! Roadways Removals didn't even show up for the removal - but they happily took my money. They delayed me again and again, until I was forced to book through another company. And then when I asked for a refund, it was my own fault that I cancelled the booking and they took all my money. In fact, I never cancelled - they never showed!! Be careful of their rude contractors who ring you and harass you throughout the day! And their operations manager will never answer your phones or emails (if you can get her to answer!!). Despite her constant and annoying terms of endearment "honey" "sweetheart" "lovely" she is a fake! Stay away from this company, they will cause you nothing but trouble and heartache - and they make sure you pay for it from your hip-pocket!!

A corrupt money hungry company that is unfair to everyday people!

Very impressed with this company

To be perfectly honest, I only chose this company because they provided the best quote when we needed to move our daughter’s furniture from Melbourne to Sydney. I hadn't even read any reviews.

Because the quote was such good value for money, I did not expect the service to be as good as it turned out to be. I was pleasantly surprised! The level of service at every stage of the process was fantastic -from providing a prompt (and very reasonable) quote, to great communication (by phone and email), and finally, to the efficient and fantastic way the guys treated the furniture, I am very, very happy that I serendipitously stumbled upon this company. Apparently, this company has new staff which would explain the previous negative reviews.

The office was an absolute delight and I would like to thank her and commend her on her incredible patience with me and my family! (She knows what I mean!!!).

To conclude, I just cannot fault this company and its service and I highly recommend them to anyone planning an interstate move. The fact that they are Australian-owned is an added bonus.
Very efficient communication. Lanie responded to all my queries promptly and professionally. The movers did a wonderful job of packing very fragile things such as a terrarium and everything arrived in one piece in one day! I had expected it to take 3. The price was also the best quoted to us - I had contacted several other companies.
I really can't fault any aspect of the move.

Completely devastated!!!

We moved to Darwin recently from Adelaide and engaged the service of Roadways Removals for moving our things up to Darwin. They have provided us with a time frame of a month on the arrival of our things. However, after much discussion with them over the phone, our things arrived about 2 months. We were very disappointed with their service as they did not deliver our things on time. To add to the disappointment, on the day of the delivery, they managed to deliver all our belongings except the mattress. I called them again and enquired on the whereabouts of the mattress and was told they are locating them. Multiple calls were made to them as I have not heard from them even though they promised to contact me. At last, after more than 3 months haggling with them, I finally lost my patience and emailed them to ask for compensation for the cost of transportation and mattress. The reply of the email by Roadways Removals stated that they are not liable for any losses and/or damages of items.

I will never use their service to move my things again. Roadways Removals is a very irresponsible moving company and has a bad customer service.

Irresponsible, bad service

Complete joke

I originally went with this company due to low quote. Each time another small item was added to the moving list the price would go up by another $200 plus dollars. Arrived with a van that was half full and didnt take the agreed items but charged us extra for items not on the list. Demanded more money on the day and still half our furniture is at our old house.

Do not deal with them at all.

Cannot get these guys to answer their phone

As I write this review I am waiting to hear back from these guys after two days of repeatedly trying to contact them. It appears that once money has changed hands they no longer want to hear from you. I have gear waiting for collection that I am paying rent to store but cannot get a reply from [name removed].

Once you pay you will not hear from them again.

Bad communication

We recently moved from VIC to QLD and decided to use roadway removals mainly due to cost, but, each time we spoke to them the cost got higher and higher. Firstly, we had to get out of our rental by a certain date so paid extra to get our stuff picked up early, only to get a phone call last minute to say that they would be two days later then promised!!! We were totally annoyed but as we had paid in full upfront we had no leg to stand on (ps you have to pay in full before they pick up your stuff).

When our stuff was being collected they had near to no tools or equipment to do their job! Only one couch was shrink wrapped before they ran out, and they pulled most of our furniture apart but needed my husbands tools (very annoying as they were all packed away!) and needed our sticky tape, plastic bags, cardboard boxes for protection in their truck .... The list is endless!! Also most of what they pulled apart came whole so when it arrived the other end we had no idea how to put it back together!!! And they charge $100 per item to put it back together!! The only plus was that everything turned up the other end. A few things were damaged (expensive things) but I guess that's why they recommend insurance (cost us an extra $500). If I was to move again I 1 wouldn't use roadways and 2 would get a lot more answers with quotes.
Everything turned up

Great Company very satisfied

I moved my furniture from Perth to Mount Gambier with roadways removalists and was so happy with there service. Previously I had used another interstate company to get my stuff from Sydney to Perth and was absolutely devastated in the way my furniture arrived, all my major appliances had been damaged, and I believe transferred into 3 different containers and by the look of the way things arrived, the container had been dropped. The guy unloading in Perth arrived alone & lucky my man was there to help and I must say he did most of the work.
When I rang [name removed] at Roadway removals & told him about my prior experience, he guaranteed me my furniture would not be shuffled around, would stay on one truck, be last on the truck and first off the truck, he also said he is organising his best driver for this. Thank you to [name removed] in the office (so kind & friendly), to [name removed] the driver, all arrived safe and sound. I rang for quote as all my stuff was packed in Perth, was just awaiting new rental address, as soon as I had my rental and rang it was organised and here within the week... THANK YOU SO MUCH....
the friendly service, reliability and regular contact with the actual truck driver, to see how far he was away.

Do not Use

Had the worst moving experience with Roadways Removals. They sent a contractor who made us pack our own goods, then subsequently disappeared for two days before dumping our goods at a different address - however still charged us for everything! Roadways provided no communication or assistance to us and stopped answering our calls when our goods went missing and never contacted us to resolve the issue. Very unprofessional and disappointing.

Did not provide service paid for, unprofessional and no communication once they have your money.